PDA

View Full Version : FFX HD: Will you buy it?

Karifean
02-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Final Fantasy X HD's announcement was over a year ago. There's been little in the ways of information about the game except that it will not be a remake, but simply a remaster.

So the question is: will you get it? Will you be there on the day of its release? Will you wait and see? Or do you think it's a waste of money?

DownDiagonalLeftA
02-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Since my backlog of games is so long, I usually wait for newer games to go down in price before I pick them up. I'll definitely be getting it, just not right away. My psvita pretty much just collects dust.

Mirage
02-12-2013, 07:37 PM
I've been wanting to replay FFX for like a year now, but I avoided doing it on my PS2 because I knew this was going to come out at some point.

Your guess on what I'm planning on doing when it's released :p.

Also, I'm really hoping it'll be a "collection" thingie, with more than just FFX on the same disc.

Pete for President
02-12-2013, 07:53 PM
My PS2 version is working perfectly and I love the charm of old game's graphics, so I will not be getting the HD version.

Mirage
02-12-2013, 09:55 PM
Oh yeah, there is also the thing about not having to switch consoles just to play a game, and not having to use the wired PS2 controller, seeing as i sit quite a distance from the TV.

Additionally, I don't think there is a lot of charm over low-res 3D graphics. The low poly count and texture resolution makes me feel retro enough :p.

Aulayna
02-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Yes. As soon as possible.

Raistlin
02-13-2013, 12:29 AM
I doubt it. I've been having trouble getting through my FFX replay that I started last year, and I doubt I'll have any desire to play the game again after I'm done.

black orb
02-13-2013, 01:05 AM
>>> If I have enough money (which is unlikely), I'll get it as soon as it's released..:luca:

qwertysaur
02-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Eventually yes. I want to fight the dark aeons!

Goldenboko
02-13-2013, 06:00 PM
if it has all the PAL stuff hell yes.

I Took the Red Pill
02-14-2013, 12:49 PM
I don't think so. I have trouble getting immersed in RPGs these days. Especially ones I've played before. So even though this is one of my favorite games, I doubt it.

Faris
02-14-2013, 12:58 PM
H47ow4_Cmk0&sns=em

Probably not.

Rostum
02-15-2013, 04:53 AM
Absolutely, I've wanted to replay for awhile now but I figured I'd just wait for this.

nirojan
02-18-2013, 08:39 AM
They just showed it running on the PS Vita and I must say it looks amazing.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18f04d6yofnzvjpg/original.jpg
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18f04aia5ldeujpg/original.jpg
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18f06jqdud44hjpg/original.jpg
http://kotaku.com/5984963/check-out-final-fantasy-x-hd-version-for-the-ps-vita
The rest of the Playstation Vita showcase sucked :P

Mirage
02-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Hard to judge HD graphics from a 360p stream. Although I can tell there probably is some antialiasing going on.

NinjaCoachZ
02-18-2013, 02:44 PM
If it comes with the International bonuses and it's at a decent price, then I might consider getting it sometime down the road. Otherwise, I'm content with my original copy.

Mirage
02-18-2013, 05:28 PM
I don't understand why anyone thinks the international content won't be in it. It was already there in the PAL release on PS2. There's no way they would port the version that has the least amount of content. Europeans and Japanese customers wouldn't be nearly as interested in a game that has less content than what they already got on PS2.

Goldenboko
02-18-2013, 05:34 PM
I don't understand why anyone thinks the international content won't be in it. It was already there in the PAL release on PS2. There's no way they would port the version that has the least amount of content. Europeans and Japanese customers wouldn't be nearly as interested in a game that has less content than what they already got on PS2.

Because NA hasn't gotten shit from SE in decades and by this point we are paranoid. :monster:

Mirage
02-18-2013, 05:36 PM
But you have! You get all the games half a year earlier.

Bolivar
02-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Eventually. If they've been saving it for the PS4 launch I'll probably grab it if I have disposable income at the time.

Nothing brings in a new console generation quite like a decade-old game.

Yar
02-23-2013, 01:58 PM
After seeing the releases of IV-VI on the GBA with their extra content that was in the PSX rereleases, I am somewhat confident that this release of FFX will have the content added in the European version.

That said, I'm playing through FFX again for the first time in ten years, and I don't think I will be picking up the rerelease. I hadn't realized just how railroaded this game is, much like FFXIII. I mean, the first six hours is mostly cutscenes and barely any actual fighting. After that, you're just walking down a hallway to more cutscenes. Long cutscenes that can't be skipped. :mad2:

Zeiferxx
05-04-2013, 07:28 PM
I'll probably buy it as soon as it is released.

Skyblade
05-04-2013, 08:36 PM

True, and we already know that EU is getting the International Version. I'm just still afraid they're going to hose the US customers (as they have ever since FFVIII).

Are these games going to feature Cross-Play?

Zeiferxx
05-05-2013, 01:29 PM

True, and we already know that EU is getting the International Version. I'm just still afraid they're going to hose the US customers (as they have ever since FFVIII).

Are these games going to feature Cross-Play?

The whole content has to be included, because what's the point in releasing the game in HD if half of it is not included. It is like the game is half finished and it is published.

Shaibana
05-26-2013, 09:24 PM
if this game would come to ps3 i would defenitly buy it right away!!
i never got the chance to finish this game on ps2... i got stuck somewhere and then i sold my ps2 to get a ps3..

Mirage
05-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Uh, it is coming for PS3.

DanielCLFFF13
05-27-2013, 01:40 PM
If Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD will come out on pc. I would definitely buy it. But the bad news is, I don't think so. Or it might happen. Maybe several years later, I guess.

Mirage
05-27-2013, 04:20 PM
If you want it on PC, just download PCSX2 and emulate it.

DanielCLFFF13
05-27-2013, 04:32 PM
I already download the emulator but it didn't work. I don't know why. (I download XBOX emulator)
For PCSX2 I don't what this is. But I'll try to download it. Thanks Mirage, I really appreciate it :)

Jinx
05-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Uh, it is coming for PS3.

She didn't say it wasn't.

Mirage
05-27-2013, 11:32 PM
Then what did she mean by "if"?

I already download the emulator but it didn't work. I don't know why. (I download XBOX emulator).
I don't think there are any working PS2 emulators for xbox.

Shadowdust
05-29-2013, 04:03 AM
I'll be getting it. Sure I have the PS2 version but I upgraded to a 47" LED television a couple of years ago and it definitely hurts to look at. Though PCSX2 has made a lot of improvements, it's just not happening fast enough and I really want to do an HD run through the game.

Flaming Ice
05-29-2013, 04:09 AM
Probably will wait...most hd versions go down in price $10-$20

Skyblade
05-29-2013, 04:58 AM
I want the International content, and I want it on a handheld. So I'll probably be getting it. I do hope it has Cross-Play, though. And I also hope that we get all the International content. And that it releases sooner than the Amazon preorder date.

Hambone
05-29-2013, 07:23 PM
I wanna try out the expert sphere grid, but I heard it has overall less nodes than the original grid. Is it still possible to stat max with the expert sphere grid? Like for the dark aeons/Penance?

Sephiroth
05-29-2013, 07:39 PM
I wanna try out the expert sphere grid, but I heard it has overall less nodes than the original grid. Is it still possible to stat max with the expert sphere grid? Like for the dark aeons/Penance?

That depends on what you want to max. People don't need 99999 HP and 9999 MP for defeating the Aeons and Penance which is understandable and Luck also replaces much. You should just use the Normal Grid. The expert grid has different ways for each character so unique branches, but you don't really need that.

Karifean
05-29-2013, 07:46 PM
You don't have to be worried that you're screwing yourself by picking the Expert grid, though. There are more than enough nodes to get your stats to 255 and your HP and MP to sufficient amounts. Especially if you're fine with having just 9999 HP.

Freya
05-30-2013, 07:28 PM
My problem isn't so much the want to play it but the access too. I don't have a vita or a PS3 so I need to get those first before I get the game :/

Karifean
06-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Some new screens:

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/2438-more-final-fantasy-x-hd-screenshots

Edit: New E3 Trailer! Still no release date to be found though.

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME BEFORE. SERIOUSLY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhbmtZo1P_s

TheDesertedOne
06-17-2013, 10:27 AM
I will be getting this as soon as I possibly can. In fact, this will be the first time playing FFX or FFX-2. Can't wait to play it.

Rocket Edge
06-18-2013, 12:08 PM
I wish I was you. You'll love it.

TheDesertedOne
06-18-2013, 06:52 PM
I wish I was you. You'll love it.

I do not doubt that I will. Given that I did enjoy what I played of FFXIII and I am currently loving FFVI, it is a safe bet that I have bitten onto the Square-Enix bug.

Freya
06-19-2013, 08:02 PM
It'll consume you! You'll enjoy X for sure, we'll see on X-2 some love it some hate it. But You'll like X at least I think.

TheDesertedOne
06-22-2013, 05:18 PM
It'll consume you! You'll enjoy X for sure, we'll see on X-2 some love it some hate it. But You'll like X at least I think.

Yeah, I've heard the somewhat mixed reception for X-2. A friend of mine actually considers it one of the most disappointing sequels he's ever played.

Granted, given that DMC2 and Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness came out the same year as X-2, I highly doubt X-2 is anywhere close to being as disappointing as those games were.

TidusReborn
10-10-2013, 09:51 AM
So, here's the thing... yes I'm definitely buying it, but.....!

Damn how I wish they would have delayed this and just do it on the PS4. I really don't want to keep my PS3 around after the PS4 launch and with the PS4 finally being here it just seems like a missed opportunity to make a game I could enjoy for the next 10 years on my one and only console

Mirage
10-14-2013, 03:16 AM
I somehow doubt that a HD port of a game from 2001 is going to be something you enjoy for 10 years from now.

Pike
10-14-2013, 10:47 AM
I somehow doubt that a HD port of a game from 2001 is going to be something you enjoy for 10 years from now.

I would :colbert:

TidusReborn: Just keep your PS3 hooked up bro. I still have my PS2 hooked up.

Mirage
10-14-2013, 11:00 AM
So do I! Best console on this side of the millennial shift.