PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Henchmen...

Wolf Kanno
02-14-2013, 09:10 AM
...may get bounced on, set on fire, shot, choked, eviscerated, disembowled melted, frozen, crushed, imploded, exploded, shrunked, sheeped, thrown into: another dimension, the vacuum of space, hell or its mythological equivalent and will certainly be killed...

So, if you had to work for a video game villain as their henchmen, who would it be and why?

NeoCracker
02-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Wilhelm of Xenosaga.

His Henchmen are all fucking bad ass.

It's his Henchmen's Henchmen that worry me...

And even if I have to take the role of one of the mooks, like UTIC Soldiers, at least I can play that bitchin' Card gae.

Loony BoB
02-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Emma Frost, because, well, damn. Of course, she's not that major a villain in gaming, I suppose. Hrmm. Not sure, really. There's a reason I tend towards being the 'Good' character when given a choice, and it's because it feels right for me. I don't know of many villain groups I could find myself fitting in with. Maybe Shinra. So I could get in the way. Or Carmen Sandiego, because being a thief sounds a lot easier on my conscience.

I'll mention Mario from Donkey Kong Jr, too, purely because Mario = Villain is fun to mention.

Pete for President
02-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Tough one. I think Liquid Snake. I found myself rooting more for him than for Snake in MGS4.

Shauna
02-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Dr Wily, because I'd be a robot. :3

Bubba
02-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Good Thread!

I'll go with Beamos from Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Obvious benefits of being indestructible. I've always wanted to fire lasers out of my eyes. I reckon they spin slowly enough for me not to get dizzy too.

Pete for President
02-16-2013, 01:54 PM
I also found A World With No Boundaries from Ace Combat Zero a very appealing semi-evil organization.

Del Murder
02-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Bowser. Because there never seems to be any consequences for my actions. We act all evil, get stomped by Mario a bit, and then go right back to it the next game, usually with some crazy power-up this time.

Slothy
02-19-2013, 05:15 PM
I'm not sure who I'd actually answer this question with. Maybe the villains from Deus Ex: Human Revolution because augments.

But can I also add that I got Metal Gear Rising today and I categorically would never be a henchman for the villains in that game? Sure, they're all badass cyborgs, but they have a nasty habit of being swiftly dissected.

Mercen-X
02-19-2013, 06:40 PM
In Steambot Chronicles, you actually get to be a henchman at the end.

I'd prefer to be a clone trooper. I'd feel less like a sacrificial mook because there are a thousand more of literally "me" standing around waiting to meet the same fate I have. Whereas in a group of actual individuals we'd all have our own hopes and dreams for the future only to be killed or horribly maimed by the good guys. I'd rather be one of the ones that desires only fulfilling the orders given due to programming.