PDA

View Full Version : Music regrets

The Man
02-15-2013, 02:34 AM
I regret not seeing Isis and Wolves in the Throne Room when they came here. Isis never played here again before their breakup and Wolves in the Throne Room have indicated they may not play metal ever again.

I also regret dropping the piano. I could probably start up again, but it's sort of a use-it-or-lose-it skill so it would be pretty frustrating.

Discuss your music regrets here.

NeoCracker
02-15-2013, 02:38 AM
I wasn't able to see Wierd Al live when he came through here once. :(

Jinx
02-15-2013, 02:39 AM
I regret not seeing Fleet Foxes.

I regret not seeing St. Vincent.

I regret not seeing Jeff Magnum.

And most of all, I regret not seeing Tori Amos.

Denmark
02-15-2013, 02:44 AM
i kinda regret not seeing built to spill last summer but i'm not a huge fan of them so idk

i regret not going to all points west (http://www.apwfestival.com/) in 2008 because of finals for summer classes and then it turned out i totally would have been able to go because my final was an essay and wouldn't have conflicted at all :[

Sephex
02-15-2013, 02:54 AM
Why did I ever willingly listen to Coal Chamber? *buries head in hands*

Bunny
02-15-2013, 03:27 AM
I regret not getting tickets to Coachella the one year almost every band I regularly listened to was attending it.

I regret not seeing Radiohead, Silverchair, Danko Jones, Kamelot, Trans-Siberian Orchestra or Rush in concert when they were either still touring or featured heavily on my playlist.

Not entirely music related, but I regret not going to PAX almost solely for missing Jonathan Coulton live in concert (though he plays there every year so I might get a chance someday).

Pete for President
02-15-2013, 12:45 PM
i kinda regret not seeing built to spill last summer but i'm not a huge fan of them so idk

Judging by the live video's on YouTube I don't think you missed much. They all seem to have the stage-appeal of potatosacks nowadays. While I do like some of their albums, I would only go see them live if I had a time machine to travel back to 1999.

I regret not seeing the Hives when they were in Amsterdam a few months ago. I JUST DIDN'T KNOW :cry:

Loony BoB
02-15-2013, 12:46 PM
I regret listening to a lot of songs out there which are crap. :p

Shorty
02-15-2013, 01:11 PM
I regret not getting tickets to Coachella the one year almost every band I regularly listened to was attending it.

This was also the first thing I thought of. Headlined by the Chili Peppers, Rage and Placebo. I could have died there and been happy.

I've seen almost every band I've ever wanted to live, so I can't think of much in that aspect. I specifically wanted to not have regrets on missing out on shows so I've made it a point to see as many as possible. I regret not seeing Best Coast last year when they were touring, but they'll be around again. I regret not seeing the Chili Peppers on their most recent tour but my tickets were for Phoenix and it was just not feasible to go back.

I do regret not going to see Brand New when they toured last, I guess. But it was a tour for Daisy and I wasn't really fond of that album. Still, their shows are so far and few between that I wish I'd have gone.

Lonely Paper Star
02-16-2013, 08:24 PM
I regret not getting to Shiokazecon 2006 earlier so I could see High and Mighty Color live.... >.<

Madame Adequate
02-18-2013, 05:19 PM
I regret listening to Linkin Park and Evanescence when I was young. :stare:

Shorty
02-18-2013, 05:28 PM
ahahaha the doings of rye no doubt

Bubba
02-18-2013, 05:41 PM
I regret printing off a tab sheet for a Justin Bieber "song" with the intention of teaching to the kids at my school.

Admittedly, I didn't end up teaching it to them (despite their protests) but the fact that it even crossed my mind is unforgiveable.

Laddy
02-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Someday I will finally go to Bonnaroo. There's no excuse for me to live in Tennessee and not go after all these years.

Chris
02-18-2013, 07:17 PM
We all regret doing it "Gangnam Style". :stare:

TrollHunter
02-18-2013, 07:26 PM
I missed last years warped tour
I missed pendulum playing for only 20 bucks D:
I missed Knife Party and Skrillex (meh) doing a Halloween show.
I missed seeing Yellowcard. I've seen them before... but damn they're amazing live.
I missed a show where Arctic Monkeys and the Black Keys played together.
I missed seeing Jonathan Coulton live D:

Madame Adequate
02-18-2013, 07:43 PM
ahahaha the doings of rye no doubt

Wish I could blame her but believe it or not this was before Rye. Evanescence was Kaylee. LP was all me :(