PDA

View Full Version : Weird things your family do

Night Fury
02-15-2013, 11:22 PM
I just came home for the weekend, and tonight I was watching TV with my Mum when Sweet Brown aka "Aint nobody got time for that" woman came on - oh my god, my Mum was howling laughing at it. Like, in tears - funny thing is I don't even think she heard what was said because she's partially deaf and doesn't catch everything on the TV, so she was essentially just laughing at Sweet Brown :lol:

She does this all the time, like things that aren't even remotely funny come on the TV and she'll just die laughing - I think she must mishear things from time to time. Once she burst out laughing when I said "Oh you're such a ham!" to the dog. I don't know what she thought I'd said but she spent the rest of the day just creeping up behind me and going "...haaaaam!" at me.

She's so weird.

What weird things do your family do?

G13
02-15-2013, 11:54 PM
My grandmother frequently argued with my dog when she lived with me. He whipped her with his tail once and she looked at him with this intense stare and said "I will smash you." She has dementia.

Pheesh
02-16-2013, 12:28 AM
My nan yells at the television, and I assume thinks that it yells back cause she seems to have full blown arguments with it.

Araciel
02-16-2013, 12:30 AM
Meth

Pike
02-16-2013, 01:31 AM
oh man my family did this thing for a while I have no idea where it came from

if something was open everyone would yell "IT'S OPEN" at the top of their lungs

and same thing for "IT'S CLOSED"

I think it started when someone freaked out about something being open at some point I don't even know

Faris
02-16-2013, 01:38 AM
Does it have to be something specific?

Chris
02-16-2013, 02:38 PM
My family is boring, I am fun.

Shorty
02-17-2013, 04:30 AM
My sisters and I make up funny words and nicknames for eachother. Eeeverything is a joke. The other day Erica and I were walking around Chinatown repeating "geez, banana, shut your freaking gob!" as loud as we could. We do a lot of movie and tv quoting. When it's just us girls we get really loud and obnoxious an it doesn't matter if it's in a grocery store or the dinner table, nothing is off limits.