PDA

View Full Version : Grinding

Faris
02-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Where would you say is the best place to level up really fast or do you have a specific strategy that help beef up your party? Also, what is your strategy for leveling up a job fast?

Right now I'm around level 30 and grinding in the Sealed Castle by using Control on the Shield Dragon, steal its shield to sell later, and have it attack itself until it goes bye bye. My party all gains a level every 4-5 attacks which isn't too bad for now.

VeloZer0
02-18-2013, 03:34 PM
I typically make good use of Frame Skip to grind in FF5, so I don't know how helpful the advice I can give is. ;)

I do highly recommend leveling everyone high enough into Samurai to get the !Slash ability (or whatever it is called in your version.) A volley of Slashes from your party will wipe out just about every enemy formation unless you are very unlucky, and works regardless of how crappy the jobs you have equipped are.

Yar
02-18-2013, 03:55 PM
I don't think I've ever did any grinding for this game... If you plan your jobs right, you can beat the game in the high 20's low 30's of levels.

Jobs are more important than levels in this game, so focus on ABP. If you want easy ABP, there is the cave near Jachol with the Skull Eaters. They give 5 ABP even if they run. Or you can learn Lv 5 Death and go to the basement of Val Castle and fight Objets d'art for 4 or 8 ABP per battle. :)

Mirage
02-18-2013, 05:58 PM
I never bothered with grinding until i could Lv5 those statues.

Before I knew about that, I grinded ABP at some corner of the world map in world 3, or in the final dungeon.

qwertysaur
02-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Remember, Job levels are the main focus, not your characters level.