PDA

View Full Version : "well they stopped making vidiyas for it cuz they upgraded the game!"

escobert
02-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Heard a thing on the radio today about an old man who had been collecting video games for his children then their children and so on over the years. When asked why he had to keep getting new games and systems he replied "well they stopped making vidiyas for it cuz they upgraded the game!" as if the console was the game and the actual game was a video.

anyways what funny things have you ever heard older people say about games that just don't make any sense?

qwertysaur
02-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Whenever geriatrics talk about video games it will always be very interesting.

DownDiagonalLeftA
02-18-2013, 09:04 PM
How my mom calls every single game system and game "nintendo".

Mirage
02-18-2013, 09:12 PM
I wonder what we will be like, 40-50 years from now.

Jinx
02-19-2013, 03:02 AM
Well, this isn't really a specific thing.

This summer I replayed OoT, and my mom decided she wanted to as well. She'd always be like, "Sam, what do I do?" I'd tell her, and she'd do the exact opposite. And then she'd get pissed off cos it wouldn't work. And I'd get pissed off at her for not doing what I said. And she'd get pissed off at me for getting pissed off at her. Finally, she put the game down.

It was a really stressful 48 hours.

Mirage
02-19-2013, 10:50 AM
It must be strange to not inherently know how game controllers work.

Bubba
02-19-2013, 03:00 PM
I remember having a conversation with my gran about a year ago which went something like this...

Gran: "How's your feet?"
Me: "Err... fine Gran, cheers"
Gran: "Your Mum said you've got a new piece"
Me: "Um... piece of what?"
Gran: "Piece"
Me: "..."
Gran: "For your feet..."
Me: "I... um..."
Mum: "No Mum, it's called a PS Vita!"
Gran: "Yeah, your piece of Vita!"

Denmark
02-19-2013, 08:08 PM
nintendo tapes

escobert
02-19-2013, 11:46 PM
My step dad thinks every game just goes boop beep boop beep *laser noise* pow beep! and that they require no reading or thinking.

Mirage
02-19-2013, 11:57 PM
My dad is exactly the same. I usually visit my parents over holidays and bring my PS3. The first thing he says when he comes into the room while I play is usually "beep beoooop boing ploing", or something along those lines.

maybee
02-20-2013, 08:28 AM
How my mom calls every single game system and game "nintendo".

Same. Expect she calls every single game system and game PlayStation.

She also thought that Tails was a girl and that Sonic 2 was about Tails and Sonic going on a lovely-dovy romantic adventure to save the world together and the classic "Link is Zelda " mistake.

Mirage
02-20-2013, 11:00 AM
The link is zelda issue is completely normal. If you don't play those games, there's no reason you'd know the name of the various characters in it, even if you in general like video games.

I didn't know until several years past the point where I started playing Final Fantasy, because the games never appealed to me so I never bothered playing them. Back then, there also was no internet community or anything where you'd find out things like that either.