PDA

View Full Version : Beta Test Phases 1 and 2 Legacy Members Only?

Ouch!
02-19-2013, 04:02 PM
As a Legacy members for Final Fantasy XIV, I received my beta invitation this morning. The wording in the email is more concrete than that which we've received before, and it leads me to believe that only Legacy members will be able to participate through the first two phases of the Beta Test as per the following note:

*Registration codes for service accounts that do not qualify as a Legacy member will be announced before the start of Beta Test phase 3.

By the sounds of this, any non-Legacy applicants will be notified about acceptance before the beginning of the third phase, but not sooner. I'd be interested to hear if I've misinterpreted this information. If any non-Legacy members received an invite to phase one this morning, post about it.

ThePheonix
02-19-2013, 05:17 PM
I think that is referring to all FFXIV accounts getting beta codes for phase 3 (according to the pdf they released a couple moths ago) much the same way all legacy accounts were sent codes for phase 1 today.

edit: found the source:
- All Legacy status holders qualify as testers in phase 1.
- All FFXIV service account holders qualify as testers in phase 3.

Roadmap pdf (http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf)

Ouch!
02-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Aye, it seems I misinterpreted it. I'm seeing reports now that non-Legacy members have received invites. So keep your eyes on your inboxes, then, I guess!

Xannidel
02-19-2013, 09:21 PM
I imputed my Final Fantasy XIII code and didn't that also make me a legacy member or did I miss something?

ThePheonix
02-19-2013, 09:48 PM
The FFXIII code is for the PS3 beta, which should be starting around Phase 3 (according to the roadmap). Legacy members actually don't necessarily get into PS3 beta, everyone has to apply for that and using that FFXIII code is the only way of improving your chances (guarantee?) to get in as far as I know/remember.

Raistlin
02-19-2013, 10:37 PM
Ouch: I think that only meant that all FFXIV account holders will have beta access for the PC starting in phase 3; that does not exclude invitations to select non-Legacy members, which is what the whole application process was for. If your interpretation was accurate, then there would have been no need for the application website outside of the PS3 version. :p

I imputed my Final Fantasy XIII code and didn't that also make me a legacy member or did I miss something?

Like ThePheonix said, that only grants you a priority position for the PS3 beta version, which starts in phase 3. If you wanted access to the PC beta version starting in phase 1, you would need to apply for it (unless your account has Legacy status).

Ouch!
02-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Not necessarily, Raist. It is entirely possible that they began accepting applications for beta with no intention of selecting any non-Legacy members who had applied until Beta Test phase 3 rolled around.

For clarification, the only way to obtain Legacy member account status was to have paid a cumulative (although not necessarily consecutive) 90 days of billing for Final Fantasy XIV version 1.x. That would have been from when billing first began in January 6, 2012 until billing stopped (which was either in late August or early September depending on when your most recently purchased 30-day period had been).

Xannidel
02-20-2013, 03:32 AM
Alright well if I did want to play FF XIV ARR then it would be on the PS3 so getting into the PS3 beta would be a higher priority for me then the PC version. Thank you for clearing that up.

Ouch!
02-20-2013, 04:07 AM
Just be sure not to confuse that code as getting you anything other than access to the PS3 beta. Legacy status has a number of other benefits beyond beta access, and I imagine it would be disappointing to find out you weren't getting them when you thought that you were.

SkyRender
02-22-2013, 02:16 PM
I am not a legacy player, but I did receive beta access this morning. I got a registration code and I am setting up my account now!