PDA

View Full Version : My USB is pretty much borked

Formalhaut
02-21-2013, 02:09 AM
Ugh... I hate myself. Basically, I was doing work on my laptop and I happened to have my USB plugged in. It was resting on one of the arms of a armchair, and as I got up to reach for something, I accidently knocked it and it fell down to the floor. As my bad luck would have it, it somehow landed ON the USB itself. This resulted in it cracking it's plastic shell, but it otherwise looks 'normal' (or as normal as I can imagine a motherboard for a USB to look like).

As of now, it can no longer be recognised by any of the three USB ports on my laptop, nor did it do anything on my PS3. It is essentially dead, for lack of better technical language.

My biggest concern right now is to simply extract all the files that were on there, as they are obviously important. I have absolutely no idea on how to do this, or even if it can be done. I am clearly wishing it can, though I hardly have much faith. I just feel like a complete and utter idiot like I always am: first for knocking the laptop over in the first place (It's fine, by the way) and for not actually having backups of the files. I just feel like a right trout.

Pictures of the USB can be done, if requested.