PDA

View Full Version : Food Poisoning

sharkythesharkdogg
02-21-2013, 10:46 PM
It got shion and myself. We were betrayed by a loaf of Nature's Own (http://www.naturesownbread.com/). We're both moping around slowly waiting for death. It's not the worst I've had, but it's the longest lasting. It just won't go away for either of us. :cry:

So let's hear the stories. Which food has betrayed you.

Jinx
02-21-2013, 10:47 PM
I once ate week-old takeout.

To be fair, I was asking for it.

Faris
02-21-2013, 10:48 PM
Thank god for my iron stomach. The worst I get is stomach cramps when I get food poisoning.

Also, never eat at a zoo. That was the worst.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-21-2013, 10:52 PM
I once ate week-old takeout.

To be fair, I was asking for it.

Supposedly this bread is good for another week, but it's the only common factor. No mold, tasted normal, ec. :mad2: The night she got sick we ate all the same things, except she had some peanut butter bread. 2 days later, we both had soup, but I was the only one to have a grilled cheese sandwich. Plus the "forensic" evidence from my "purging" shows that my body was pissed at that bread. :|

Chris
02-21-2013, 10:55 PM
I have eaten the weirdest things imaginable without getting sick, yet, a Granny Smith apple got to me. Fresh produce, for God's sake. :(

Araciel
02-22-2013, 01:16 AM
Nope

Pike
02-22-2013, 01:22 AM
I don't know if I've ever gotten food poisoning. I tell you what, though, I once accidentally bit into some super moldy cheese and I'm really surprised I survived

Jinx
02-22-2013, 01:24 AM
I don't know if I've ever gotten food poisoning. I tell you what, though, I once accidentally bit into some super moldy cheese and I'm really surprised I survived

Try eating a whole piece of sandwich meat, then seeing the next two or three pieces in the package have green spots.

Agent Proto
02-22-2013, 01:25 AM
I don't think I've been legitimately poisoned by food. I do remember having bad experience with some food, but nothing that lasted for days due to bad food.

Pumpkin
02-22-2013, 01:29 AM
I could actually eat food today other than carrot sticks. I mean I still got queasy but this is an improvement. Poor sharky just got it last night so he still needs more time before he can basically move :(. Hopefully his system is better able to deal with it so it doesn't last as long for him.

qwertysaur
02-22-2013, 01:39 AM
I should have gotten Salmonella from all the cookie dough and cake batter I've eaten over the years, but not yet. :quina:

fire_of_avalon
02-22-2013, 01:55 AM
I've never had food poisoning, because I'm genetically superior.

It's my mutant power.

Shorty
02-22-2013, 03:01 AM

Try eating a whole piece of sandwich meat, then seeing the next two or three pieces in the package have green spots.

FUCK this happened to me over the weekend. aaaaugh I wanted to puke but it was already digested.

I mostly have a pretty hardy stomach, except when it comes to milk products. I've never had food poisoning from store-bought products, though, just takeout or fast food. How weird that you got it from bread!

Sephex
02-22-2013, 03:05 AM
I was a kid and had some sort of food poisoning that caused me to vomit everywhere I turned. I then craved orange juice for no reason and drank a full glass pretty fast.

My stomach laughed at me and the juice basically did a U-turn out of my stomach, untouched for the most part.

NorthernChaosGod
02-22-2013, 04:59 AM
I've never had food poisoning because I have an iron stomach. I imagine it would suck.

Gu-fu-fu
02-22-2013, 05:21 AM
I never know whether it is food poisoning or a stomach flu. Wait, stomach flu exists right? I always have trouble tracing back the culprit, so I always guess it's something contagious I caught? Probably not true now that I think about it.

I never remember eating anything funky, and every time I do eat something and think, "uh-oh" I never get sick.

I remember when I was in middle school I went to the movies with friends, and had to run out of Titanic and puke in the bathroom of the theater. I was sick for days... I'm pretty sure it wasn't the movie.

I feel your pain though, my doctor put me on a new med that often causes nausea. well, this time it caused "oh god, just let me die" nausea and vomiting that lasted a full day until I could tolerate water in small sips again. And chills and shaking. And I'm pretty sure I got puke on my cat at one point. She was trying to be comforting and didn't get it when I shoved her away...

3 days later I can eat, but ugh, still get dizzy moving around too much.

I hope you are both better right quick!

I envy those of you with iron stomachs sooooooo much. :mad2: :(

ChristinaVera
02-22-2013, 05:40 AM
STOP EATING THE FOOD OUTSIDE YOUR HOME AND GO FOR SOME HEALTHY DIETS AT HOME JUST COOK IT YOURSELF

Jinx
02-22-2013, 05:49 AM
STOP EATING THE FOOD OUTSIDE YOUR HOME AND GO FOR SOME HEALTHY DIETS AT HOME JUST COOK IT YOURSELF

Wow, sharky, shion. You aren't getting any sympathy from ChristianaVera.

Night Fury
02-22-2013, 12:31 PM
I once got it reaaaaallly bad. I just had this bad feeling in my stomach. But it was the same day I got my lady week, so I figured it was just womby cramps. WRONG. I got home and went to pee and omg my bowels just opened. :(

Then I was in bed with the worst crippling stomach pain ever it was agony. Absolute agony. A few days later when I was feeling better, my then boyfriend took me for Chinese food. We had an argument and he just left me in town so I had to find a bus home. Got home and was just watching TV - then all of a sudden I was like "wooah, I feel a bit sic-" WOOAH projectile vomit. Noodles everywhere. Just awful times man. Awful.

Other than that my stomach is pretty good.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-22-2013, 12:59 PM

IT WAS BREAD FROM MY HOUSE!!!! I WAS IN MY HOME EATING HEALTHY, AND IT STILL HAPPENED. I FEEL TRAPPED. GUIDE ME WITH YOUR CAPS LOCK WISDOM, VERA.

WHAT.

DO.

Psychotic
02-22-2013, 06:12 PM
I once got tricked into eating vegetarian sausages. smurf your hippie sawdust trout you mothersmurfers. I think my stomach realised what had happened and rejected it to stop me turning into an unwashed lowlife. I punched three pigs to death with my bare hands just to spite vegetarians everywhere after that.

Shorty
02-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Worth it.

Unbreakable Will
02-22-2013, 06:45 PM
I've never had food poisoning. Ever.
:smug:

Pike
02-25-2013, 08:49 PM

I think I would be more apt to get food poisoning from this