PDA

View Full Version : I had a crush on you in high school...

Mercen-X
02-22-2013, 04:23 AM
This is such an aggravating sentence. I can't stand those reunion shows with this as a theme. Either you told your crush when you had the chance (usually in high school) and were rejected which means you should realize they're not worth it... or you didn't have the guts to confess which means you're in no place to rub their face in it if you suddenly consider yourself desirable.

Rarely is it the case that these reunions are about wanting something more than to flaunt and taunt. There are plenty of people in the world who have had crushes, but there are plenty of people who have not been crushed on. I wouldn't have as much of a problem with these shows if the person with the crush had crushed on someone who wasn't the typical popular beautiful perfect person. You know? Someone who can be delightfully surprised by the reveal.

What do you think?

Also, did you ever reveal your feelings to your crush or have a crush revealed to you?

Jinx
02-22-2013, 04:34 AM
From my experience, usually when people say that, they're opening a door to something more.

"Hey, I had a crush on you/thought you were cute in high school," a lot of the time means, "I still have a crush on you and/or I think you are cute."

Sephex
02-22-2013, 04:37 AM
Been in this situation before. I graduated High School in 2000. Back in the summer of 2006, a woman and I reconnected through MySpace (shut up). We quickly decided to meet up. So one day I blew off work and went to her folks house where she was home alone.

No, this story doesn't go where one might think it does. We basically acknowledged that we had a crush on each other in High School (the only vindication I felt was shoving that fact in my friend's face that seemed to be convinced that there was no chemistry between us for some random reason). It was a good talk, though. I realized that I basically saved myself a lot of time and teen heart ache because there was NO WAY anything good would have came out of us dating, besides some awkward High School sex.

In fact, that's something that I actually like about social networking. There have been other instances where I have seen what an old crush or passing interested turned out to be like and my thoughts usual go like, "Well, yeah, good thing that never went anywhere." As a result, I now never really think about the past from this type of angle of "what could have been." It just simply was.

TL;DR Met up with an old crush and learned nothing would have come from dating anyway. Came to the same conclusion after seeing other old crushes on social networking sites. Haven't cared about this stuff for years. Past is the past, etc.

NorthernChaosGod
02-22-2013, 05:02 AM
From my experience, usually when people say that, they're opening a door to something more.

"Hey, I had a crush on you/thought you were cute in high school," a lot of the time means, "I still have a crush on you and/or I think you are cute."

Yeah, this. Go with it.

DownDiagonalLeftA
02-22-2013, 05:04 AM

Exactly. It just means available box.

Shiny
02-22-2013, 05:39 AM
People annoyingly reveal their crush on me when I'm not single. Where were you when I was single?!

I never reveal my crushes to my crushes directly, but they some how always find out. :shifty:

Jowy
02-22-2013, 06:09 AM
all the little goth-girls had a thing for me and weren't shy about it. i only outright told one girl I had a thing for her, the rest of adolescence was spent with pretty much the same lady.

Shorty
02-22-2013, 06:58 AM
I've told several people from high school and jr. high that I had crushes on them. By the time I told them, though, I was years and hundreds of miles gone and I just really kindof wanted to get it off my chest and to see if they had felt the same for a moment's vindication after pining for them for years. Mostly it was reciprocated, and I could close that book. I'm pretty sure that any/all of them would not have made good dating material after high school, anyway.

A couple of people (not my own crushes, to my dismay) have told me they had crushes on me when I've gone back to Utah to visit and I was super surprised because I didn't think anyone liked me in high school.

Night Fury
02-22-2013, 12:11 PM
I've told several people from high school and jr. high that I had crushes on them. By the time I told them, though, I was years and hundreds of miles gone and I just really kindof wanted to get it off my chest and to see if they had felt the same for a moment's vindication after pining for them for years. Mostly it was reciprocated, and I could close that book. I'm pretty sure that any/all of them would not have made good dating material after high school, anyway.

A couple of people (not my own crushes, to my dismay) have told me they had crushes on me when I've gone back to Utah to visit and I was super surprised because I didn't think anyone liked me in high school.

This.

There was always this one guy at school I really liked, and I once found out he thought I was the prettiest girl in our year. But I never did anything, I was painfully, painfully shy and would never have approached him. He's not my type anymore, although there is always that "What if I'd just said something to him?" I get every now and again, but I always feel like that about school, now that I'm more confident - I always think about how different my school experience would have been if I'd just spoken up sometimes.

Depression Moon
02-22-2013, 03:09 PM
I don't understand how these women are afraid to approach a man. Most men wouldn't turn down a halfway decent girl, hell I know thugs will smurf anything.

The same can't be said for the reverse.

Unbreakable Will
02-22-2013, 04:50 PM
MySpace
:nonono:

I always had women tell me they had crushes on me while I was in relationships at the time and unable/unwilling to do anything about it. When it rains it pours but never when it's convenient amiright?
On the other side of that I've usually been forthright about my feelings with the opposite sex, except of course when they were in other relationships seeing as that was ethically wrong and exceedingly unfair to their significant other. :smug:

Jinx
02-22-2013, 05:00 PM
MySpace
:nonono:

I always had women tell me they had crushes on me while I was in relationships at the time and unable/unwilling to do anything about it. When it rains it pours but never when it's convenient amiright?
On the other side of that I've usually been forthright about my feelings with the opposite sex, except of course when they were in other relationships seeing as that was ethically wrong and exceedingly unfair to their significant other. :smug:

Except that time he stole Nikki away from me. :(

Unbreakable Will
02-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Shoulda put a ring on it.

Psychotic
02-22-2013, 06:10 PM
I totally have a crush on someone who has posted in this thread but I will never tell them. :aimkiss:

Agent Proto
02-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Most times that I revealed I have a crush on someone don't end well for me. I must have terrible luck with that. So I try not to bother with them.

Unbreakable Will
02-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Dammit Paul we've been through this.
:colbert:

Psychotic
02-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Have you been reading Nikki's PMs again? :redface:

Unbreakable Will
02-22-2013, 06:35 PM
No, I avoid them like leprosy...
She tells me things. Terrible things...
Things that keep me awake at night, clenching my ass in stark terror.

Psychotic
02-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Look, she may be a beautiful young woman, the love of your life and the mother of your firstborn but I could give you so much more. :flirt:

Unbreakable Will
02-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Like a sore rectum? :eep:

Araciel
02-22-2013, 07:00 PM
I've always had a thing for you

it's my penis

Clo
02-22-2013, 09:32 PM
I can't even remember anyone I liked in high school.

HIGH SCHOOL DOESN'T MATTER.

To be brutally honest, as well, I have very little sympathy for people who have a crush on me. Oh, you have a crush on me and are afraid to tell me? OH WELL WHY WOULD I WANNA BE WITH A PUSSY WHO CAN'T TALK TO ME.

Araciel
02-22-2013, 10:02 PM
I had so many crushes in highschool

shit

remembering them now makes me feel like an old man perv because in my mind they're still 18

Citizen Bleys
02-23-2013, 12:48 AM
bloody hell I wish people would keep that trout to themselves.

The only times anyone's ever told me they had a crush on me it was completely unreciprocated and I felt like microwaved ass for weeks.

Shlup
02-23-2013, 02:28 AM

Yeah, this. Go with it.

Except instead of "a lot of times" it's "always."

NorthernChaosGod
02-23-2013, 03:51 AM
I can't even remember anyone I liked in high school.

HIGH SCHOOL DOESN'T MATTER.

To be brutally honest, as well, I have very little sympathy for people who have a crush on me. Oh, you have a crush on me and are afraid to tell me? OH WELL WHY WOULD I WANNA BE WITH A PUSSY WHO CAN'T TALK TO ME.

I have a crush on you. :aimkiss:

Pumpkin
02-23-2013, 04:05 AM
I always told people that I had a crush on them at the time that I had a crush on them. No point in doing it later. I've never known what to do when a guy or occasional girl has come up to me and told me after the fact. It's like, wow, that's really sweet...but I...don't really...know what to do with that now....

Bubba
02-23-2013, 04:01 PM
I had a major crush on a girl in school for two years when I was 14-15. I never had the courage to tell her though as she was part of the more popular crowd. My friend knew that I liked her and asked her (while I was there) if she fancied me. I still remember her extremely sarcastic response... "Yeah, cos he's like... really sexy..." It was not a nice feeling :(

She's married now with two kids and I occasionally wonder what she'd think today. I don't dwell on it though, life is too short.

It's all very well people saying "if you had a crush then you should have just told me"... but for others, the thought of putting yourself out there and risking rejection is terrifying. Shyness can be absolutely crippling.

Agent Proto
02-23-2013, 10:21 PM
It's all very well people saying "if you had a crush then you should have just told me"... but for others, the thought of putting yourself out there and risking rejection is terrifying. Shyness can be absolutely crippling.

Yeah, and it didn't help that if you were not part of any of the popular cliques, you are consider a nobody during school.

Mercen-X
02-24-2013, 04:18 AM
I was an emotional parasite so desperate for attention that I would have slutted around with anyone who claimed to have a crush on me... even a guy. The feeling of flattery would be overwhelming since for years I never thought much of myself.
Meanwhile, I crushed left and right. I tried to build relationships with some of my crushes though so... there's that.

Wolf Kanno
02-24-2013, 05:02 AM
This happens to me a lot. Not even just high school, even college and work. Which absolutely blows my mind everytime its brought to my attention cause I never thought of myself as desirable. Largely cause I'm an opinionated anti-social misanthrope :penciltrick:

I tend to tell my crushes if I like them but its rare for anyone to catch my attention so luckily I don't have to bother with this issue too often.

Pike
02-25-2013, 09:00 PM
I had a couple guys come out of the woodwork and tell me this some time later. It wasn't a big deal really.

Pumpkin
02-26-2013, 03:37 AM
Pike...I.... I had a crush on you back in 2012..... I'm so embarrassed....

Mercen-X
02-26-2013, 07:33 PM
shion... I... I... I... I... I... I... I can't say it.

Pumpkin
02-26-2013, 08:25 PM
shion... I... I... I... I... I... I... I can't say it.

Oh dear. Did you....did you have a crush on Pike too? :erm:

Mercen-X
02-26-2013, 10:53 PM
No!

Nooo.

I have a crush on you, silly. <3

Old Manus
02-27-2013, 12:03 AM
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7971/1989qp.jpg

Mercen-X, I...

Sephex
02-27-2013, 12:42 AM
I think it's a forum rule to have a crush on Pike. Well, I certainly don't and--

(YOU KNOW THE DRILL)