PDA

View Full Version : each player shuffles his or her graveyard

Jowy
02-23-2013, 05:39 AM
and hand into their library, then draws seven cards. you untap up to six lands.

anyone else play magic: the gathering? i have an obnoxious blue/black mill deck right now. jace is a zero-hero and I love him.

NorthernChaosGod
02-23-2013, 05:58 AM
I have a couple friends that play. They've been wanting to teach me so there are more people, but I keep saying no.

Denmark
02-23-2013, 06:00 AM
i collected the cards a little as a kid but didn't really follow it all that much (ice age/mirage era)

i got the most into it during alara/zendikar standard, went to a few FNMs and drafted. i went to one FNM during scars of mirrodin, tried to keep up with it after that and lost interest due to not really being friends with the people i used to play with anymore, and finding other places to spend my money. not really paying attention anymore. i had fun while i was into it though.

Laddy
02-23-2013, 07:00 AM
Never had, never will. I do far too much nerdy shit to have time for this.

Know some friends who do it and they claim it's awesome.

Araciel
02-23-2013, 07:01 AM
Mono black motherfucker

Skyblade
02-23-2013, 07:27 AM
I used to. But the game got too big. Too many expansions, too many rule additions. Like most CCGs, it just keeps adding until it collapses under its own weight.

Not interested in picking it up again, really. Though I do still have my Unglued set, including my cherished Big Furry Monster.

Bolivar
02-23-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm a huge MtG fan but most of my playing these days is limited to MtG 2012 on Steam. Whenever me and my brother are back home we usually dig out our decks and hash it out for a few hours.

I really enjoy the current releases, of course digitally on Duels of the Planeswalkers, but I will admit the game has shifted to a very low-casting-cost metagame. The older cards just can't compare to how little mana it takes to cast decent to awesome cards and that kinda ruins a very fundamental principle of the collecting, that older sets will be (relatively) balanced with newer ones. I don't think they can really go back now.

Aulayna
03-14-2013, 10:20 AM
How did I miss this!? I smurfin' love MTG, though the physical version. I've spent way too much money on it since Gatecrash came out making my Boros deck.

Shorty
03-14-2013, 05:22 PM
I had a couple cards as a kid because they were given to me and I thought they were pretty. I replaced them with tarot cards.

CimminyCricket
03-14-2013, 06:16 PM
I love MtG! I haven't built a very good deck what with me being too broke for Gatecrach at the moment. I have a decent Return to Ravinca deck, and two awesome Innistrad - Avacin Restored decks. One is a white deck and the other is black green. I never really liked red/blue decks simply because it involves too much thinking on my part.

Elly
03-14-2013, 07:59 PM
tried Playing MtG, but it's way too slow for my taste... tried YGO the fast pace of that was more my speed... tapping is like the tree scene in Empire Strikes Back, it kills the momentum dead...

edczxcvbnm
03-14-2013, 08:04 PM
I played a long time ago (started at the end of Revised and stopped right before 5th Gen). I used to have some very powerful cards (my brother played for a while after I quit) and I went looking for them a while ago. Those powerful cards are now quite expensive. I had 3 Force of Wills!!! They might be hidden someplace but at this point I no longer care.

I ran a few kinds of decks. A blue counter(Counter Spells, Force of Will and others)/creature pump deck (Various Merfolk + Lord of Atlantis + Sunken City + Phantasmal Terrain). A green/red creature/direct damage and a black deck that was mainly creature based where I used breeding pits to spawn my massive amount of sacrifices. The blue one was my best though.

I no longer play but I would be somewhat interested in legacy play.

Unbreakable Will
03-14-2013, 08:16 PM
I play a bit on the Xbox app and generally like the blue/black artifact set and the green nature set.

Shoeberto
03-15-2013, 02:26 PM
I played from about 2000 to 2003-4 quite a bit. I picked it up for a short time in college due to my roomie liking it a lot and drafting. I've considered getting my old cards so my girlfriend and I can play quicky pick-up games but I can't justify taking up the space to bring my collection down from my parent's. It's a fun game but it's changed so much since it started that it's really impenetrable for me these days. I doubt I'll ever become a serious player again.