PDA

View Full Version : Best Moments In FFXII

Formalhaut
02-24-2013, 06:53 PM
I've been playing through FFXII and I have to say, my love for it has grown since I last played it. I particularly remember Ashe attempting to steal the Strahl; that for me ranks among my favourite cut-scenes in FFXII. Another top scene was the Eryut Village - also known as the single piece of plot development in Fran's storyline.

In terms of moment of pure bliss, it all really revolves around moments of treasure hunting joy. Getting the Ribbon in Cerobi Steppe rather early on in my attempts was just amazing. Obtaining the full ingredients for the Tournesol (before Giruvegan, I'm doing a essentially perfect game) was also a sigh of relief. Basically, any-time where I've got something tricky to get, I've enjoyed immensely.

One thing I couldn't wait for though during my game was the -ga protective moves. I spent so much time individually buffing Protect and/or Shell, Haste, Bravery, Libra... it took a long time. I couldn't wait for Protectga.

What d​id you really enjoy about the game?

Cloudane
02-24-2013, 08:50 PM
When I finally finished the damn thing and turned it off for the last time :colbert:

Quindiana Jones
02-25-2013, 03:22 AM
Oh man, so much. Entering Bhujerba was a great scene, as was leaving it ("Like proper kidnappers"). Getting a very early Kotetsu for Basch and absolutely destroying the Demon Wall in Raithwall's Tomb, thus allowing me to get the... Deathbringer(?) for Vaan. I made everybody a powerhouse in that playthrough.

qwertysaur
02-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Defeating Zodiark and Ultima. :p

Tigmafuzz
02-26-2013, 05:20 AM
Using my ARMAX to get all the weapons and items early (after I had already beat the game and accomplished everything several times) then being shocked to find that there were even more items lodged in the game's code and getting a bunch of items that said "RESERVE" on them in my weapon list after getting out of the Confiscatory, and figuring out that one of those RESERVE weapons was actually the coding for Belias's spear, so I ran around for the next two hours killing things with a giant spear larger than myself.

Depression Moon
02-26-2013, 07:31 PM
I didn't care about the story in the 2 playthroughs that I did. Well I almost did the 1st time around, but the battle system is what engaged me the most in this game.

Bolivar
02-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Well, first of all, who could forget that intro? That was probably one of the best CG intros I've ever seen for a game. When the doves fly off int he sky to show Yatsumi Matsuno's name and then everything turns dark, that was awesome. Plus when all is lost at Nalbina, Rasler looks down at his sword and mutters lowly "for my father..." then raises his sword defiantly and cries "FOR MY FATHER!!!" chargin to his death. Then Basch picks him up and is riding away on his Chocobo, and the video slows down on his face and all you hear is his heavy breathing, which would've been the part where they say "Brad Pitt is...

Captain Basch fon Ronsenberg in....

F I N A L F A N T A S Y XII"

OK! As far as other moments, I like when Ashe makes her decision to the Occuria. All the Judge Magister scenes were great. I also really enjoyed finding areas I didn't know exist, like entering the Necrohol of Nabudis after hearing it in the story, or finding an Esper in that cave in the sandsea without even trying. The exploration in XII was off the hook!

TrollHunter
03-05-2013, 05:06 AM
Farming for the excalibur. Oh what great times making suicide runs through enemies that could destroy me~
Strangely I never got bored... but whatever

Also, doing some the elite marks like the pylraster and fafnir were really fun~

krissy
03-08-2013, 06:28 PM
"Researchers from the Draklor Laboratories? What were they doing here?"
"Research."

Freya
03-09-2013, 10:56 PM
I liked running around being captain basche von ronsenburg :(

Forsaken Lover
03-10-2013, 07:44 AM
"I, Judge Magister, condemn you to oblivion!"

"Even a stray has pride."

Elpizo
03-10-2013, 12:01 PM
Many moments, but the final battles and the top of the Pharos take the cake due to sheer epicness. Getting the Tournesol and finally flooring Yiazmat felt pretty good, too.

Formalhaut
03-10-2013, 04:34 PM
I liked running around being captain basche von ronsenburg :(

Really? I cringed every time. It was very embarrassing.

Goldenboko
03-10-2013, 05:06 PM
I loved early pwning the Demon Wall to get that one sword I forget the name of.

Forsaken Lover
03-10-2013, 05:21 PM
I believe it was the Demonbane.

Pete for President
03-10-2013, 10:43 PM
"I, Judge Magister, condemn you to oblivion!"

Yup, epic!

silentenigma
03-27-2013, 07:26 AM
My favorite FFXII moment?

That would be the time I got the Zodiac Spear in the Henne Mines.
...on my first try when I wasn't even paying attention.
...and I already had the other one.

*~Dominique~*
10-29-2013, 01:46 PM
Upon replaying this game, I realised I'd forgotten how much fun the gameplay is.

The moments that I remember (or, at least, the first ones that come into my head) are the background bits of the cutscenes, usually with Penelo and Vaan messing around with each-other (i.e. arguing in the background, building sandcastles, etc).

Also liked scenes with Larsa, Basch's seriousness and his exposition for everything and everywhere (haha, could always count on him), and how Balthier was genre savvy.

Quindiana Jones
10-30-2013, 09:06 AM
"I'd say you're more of a supporting role."
"Fran, please."

Elskidor
10-30-2013, 10:22 AM
It's been too many years, but I loved it. It's on my list of games to replay so I'll have to remember to return to this thread.

Loony BoB
10-30-2013, 12:59 PM
That intro, man. Epic. Also, for some reason, the moment I first walked out into the marshlands / desert surrounding Dalmasca. Loved it.

Elskidor
10-30-2013, 11:39 PM
That intro, man. Epic.

The one that show that "This is what happens when you let your 12-year old son get married, and go into battle on top of a giant chicken."? Yeah that was a pretty epic opening. Doesn't beat 2008's FFIV DS remake opening for me, but it's one of the best intros for sure.

FranBunnyFFXII
10-31-2013, 09:11 AM
Anytime Balthier or Fran were on screen. That duo was just amazing. Afterall well, He is the leading man.

Also Fran's word of wisdom "You've let your eyes betray your heart" That phrase is something that really stuck.