PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk About Glasses

Laddy
02-24-2013, 11:26 PM
Do you find glasses neat? Do you wear glasses?

I don't, though I can't help but wonder if I would look good in them

Parker
02-24-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm ok with them. I would be happier if I had some nice ones that looked good on me.

Although if I had the throwaway cash I'd get laser eye surgery I think.

the_best_noob
02-24-2013, 11:43 PM
I look better with glasses. People tell me I look good in glasses, but I look weird/nasty/totally ugly without them

Agent Proto
02-24-2013, 11:47 PM
I wear glasses, because I need them to see clearly. I would be lost without them.

Edit: Also, I do find them neat!

Jinx
02-25-2013, 12:47 AM
Truth: the only (somewhat) useable pair of glasses I have right now is missing the little stick thingy you set on your ear. I still wear them when I drive.

:(

Shiny
02-25-2013, 12:48 AM
I'm wearing them right now sooooo....

Faris
02-25-2013, 12:49 AM
Glasses are okay but I don't need 'em.

Denmark
02-25-2013, 01:31 AM
perfect vision motherfuckers

i'd be lying if i said i didn't think glasses can be a very appealing accessory, though

also i love my sunglasses

Scotty_ffgamer
02-25-2013, 01:37 AM
I wear glasses because I need them, but I also think I look decent in them. Part of that has to do with the fact that I've had to wear glasses since I was 5, so I both feel and think I look weird when I don't have them on.

Formalhaut
02-25-2013, 01:41 AM
I wear glasses as a permanent fixture on my face, and I have to say, I look better with them on than without them. I look even uglier when I have to take them off, so definitely, glasses are here to stay. That and contacts just scare the hell out of me.

The only drawback with glasses is having to wear OTHER glasses over them. I'm talking about:

- 3D Glasses, in which case I have to sort of awkwardly push both glasses right up so they don't fall off.
- Lab Specs, when I'm doing practicals. I find this difficult enough.
- Sunglasses, though I don't actually bother with Sunglasses, even if I wanted to wear them.

Denmark
02-25-2013, 01:47 AM

you don't have those giant lab goggles to wear??? might not be a bad idea to buy yourself a pair if you use them often enough. idk just a suggestion

Pheesh
02-25-2013, 02:04 AM
I look good in sunglasses, so I'll wear them when appropriate. My vision is fine so I've never had the need to wear any kind of reading glasses, I think they look good though. My girlfriend looks like a cutie when she wears hers, but I've seen some people that are just wearing the complete wrong pair for their face.

Rye
02-25-2013, 03:44 AM
I have Ray Bans, but I also have contacts, so I switch between the two depending on if I want to look like a hipster trout or not. :spin:

Shorty
02-25-2013, 04:14 AM
I love the way I look in glasses and I think they shape my face nicely, but sometimes I think I look a little better without them. It would just be nice to wear a nice dress or outfit without the glasses being a sort of mismatched accessory. I need to get contacts so I have another option. Overall, not too bothered, though.

Glasses (see: fashionable ones) are a pretty major turn on.

Pumpkin
02-25-2013, 04:38 AM
I don't wear glasses. I like my boyfriend's glasses.

Shauna
02-25-2013, 08:05 AM

you don't have those giant lab goggles to wear??? might not be a bad idea to buy yourself a pair if you use them often enough. idk just a suggestion

Yeah, when you hit higher education, you get special glasses-goggles. High School doesn't have these things. xD

I wear glasses. I can't see without my glasses. They're pretty cool for that whole thing.

Pike
02-25-2013, 10:27 AM
I wore contacts for several years and they were pretty great but then I got tired of how they inevitably dried my eyes out after like eight hours.

So now I am back to glasses and I think I look okay in them. I hate when they get dirty, though. Which is all the time. :mad2:

blackmage_nuke
02-25-2013, 10:41 AM
I only wear glasses when Im watching movies so I live life in standard definition and films are more realistic than reality.

Night Fury
02-25-2013, 10:43 AM
I have to wear them if I'm reading something on the computer. Stuff like eoff is fine, but if I'm looking at an e-book or something really long I need my glasses else I get the worst headaches ever. They're just reading glasses, not designer... I actually got them for £1 each at Primark haha! They do the job though, as long as I'm not wearing them for too long and still give myself a break.

Reading on a screen is hard :(

Mirage
02-25-2013, 10:45 AM
I would probably think it was massively inconvenient to have to wear glasses, but I do think they look pretty cute/cool/sharp on some people.

Aulayna
02-25-2013, 10:48 AM
I wear glasses pretty much all day long. I'm terribly short sighted.

I plan on getting laser eye correction at some point though.

Bubba
02-25-2013, 12:24 PM
I had to get glasses for the first time last year and only wear them for watching TV and driving. I got two pairs and still can't decide which ones look best... maybe I should conduct a poll to find out.

Xannidel
02-25-2013, 01:34 PM
I wear glasses to see better, I did try contacts for a few years to see how they would work but they were too much of a hassle and I think I look better with glasses on.

Sephex
02-25-2013, 01:35 PM
I don't need glasses, and I am glad. It just seems like a hassle to take care of. As other people said, they sure do look stylish on some people.

Bubba
02-25-2013, 01:53 PM
I wear glasses to see better

/Thread

Jinx
02-25-2013, 04:21 PM
I have to wear them if I'm reading something on the computer. Stuff like eoff is fine, but if I'm looking at an e-book or something really long I need my glasses else I get the worst headaches ever. They're just reading glasses, not designer... I actually got them for £1 each at Primark haha! They do the job though, as long as I'm not wearing them for too long and still give myself a break.

Reading on a screen is hard :(

Eyes are interesting to me!

I'm the exact opposite! I have to wear glasses to watch tv/game/drive/etc because I can't see that far! But when I'm on my computer or reading a book/e-reader, it hurts my eyes to keep glasses on!

Formalhaut
02-25-2013, 04:33 PM
I just thought of another annoyance.

Roller-coasters. Now, even though I have my glasses tightened, to keep them on my head, most roller-coasters I have to remove my glasses. It is a slight annoyance, but I'm always fearful that I'll end up having them drop off.

Mercen-X
02-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Anime made me like glasses. Then I discovered I needed glasses.

Pike
02-25-2013, 09:13 PM
I just thought of another annoyance.

Roller-coasters. Now, even though I have my glasses tightened, to keep them on my head, most roller-coasters I have to remove my glasses. It is a slight annoyance, but I'm always fearful that I'll end up having them drop off.

Oh I hate this too.

qwertysaur
02-25-2013, 10:50 PM
I wear them because I'm pretty much blind without them. :(

SophieVIII
02-26-2013, 12:46 AM
I have excellent vision but I wish I could wear glasses because I think they suit my face

NorthernChaosGod
02-26-2013, 05:35 AM
I took out my contacts earlier and couldn't find my glasses. :(

They were stashed at the back of my entertainment center though. xD

CimminyCricket
02-26-2013, 05:40 AM
I use to be all smart with my parents telling them how I'll never need glasses and now I need glasses. :c i like think wired frames because I have a head that is shaped funny and if my glasses aren't wired I can't adjust them to sit right and they're all lopsided and ugh

Jinx
02-26-2013, 05:44 AM
I use to be all smart with my parents telling them how I'll never need glasses and now I need glasses. :c i like think wired frames because I have a head that is shaped funny and if my glasses aren't wired I can't adjust them to sit right and they're all lopsided and ugh

Same! Apparently I have uneven ears!

Also, I have a wide face, so my glasses stetch. :|

CimminyCricket
02-26-2013, 05:46 AM
I don't know about you, but I blame my parents and them dropping me on my head for the shape it's in now. One ear is just high enough over the other that I notice it. I ended up having to get a pair of super big wire frames so I couldn't tell that they weren't level. life is rough when you need glasses and your head is weird

Jinx
02-26-2013, 05:49 AM
Yeah. :(

People are always like, "Dude, your glasses are crooked."

And I'm like, "No, that's just my face."

:(

Pumpkin
02-26-2013, 05:50 AM
Apparently sharky's ears are also crooked, making it a bit awkward with his glasses. What is it with you four-eyes and your weird heads :|?