PDA

View Full Version : Well, fuck you too.

Jinx
02-25-2013, 09:11 PM
So, for the second time in 5 days, Missouri is getting a foot of snow. I made a status on Facebook:

">10-14 inches of snow in a few hours
>"Do we have enough booze?""

My pastor from the church I grew up in (ages 8-15) decided he'd comment on the status.

"OMGosh, You leave for a few years and everything goes to booze in a hand basket. I don't think I taught you that. Who's your pastor now? I may need to speak with him. LOL"

And you know what? It fucking pissed me off. It's none of his fucking business what I choose to do (regardless of if I make a joking comment on Facebook or not). And it's certainly not his place to scold me.

What things have people said to you that just make you want to say, "Mind your own fucking business."?

Pike
02-25-2013, 09:15 PM
This is why I don't talk about this kind of stuff on Facebook. Because it's 50% Mormon friends/family. :shobon:

Clo
02-25-2013, 09:33 PM
I CHOOSE YOU, CRYSTAL!

CRYSTAL, USE BITCH ATTACK!

*Crystal uses bitch response attack*

The Pastor takes 50 hp to his Ego!

Crystal is unfazed because she doesn't know him and never will!

Jinx
02-25-2013, 09:37 PM
I CHOOSE YOU, CRYSTAL!

CRYSTAL, USE BITCH ATTACK!

*Crystal uses bitch response attack*

The Pastor takes 50 hp to his Ego!

Crystal is unfazed because she doesn't know him and never will!

I love you, my darling. <3

Clo responded to him.

"Chane, I know you may feel that your comment was "cute," but I feel like it came off as rude. So no one can enjoy a drink in the warm weather without coming off an alcoholic?"

Denmark
02-25-2013, 09:41 PM
i tend to keep my business to myself on the internet, and if i'm open about it it's usually filtered to the specific audience (facebook/twitter/eoff/etc) and rarely crossposted. that's just my way of avoiding situations much like this

and zomg your morals are GONE because you drink ALCOHOL. here i'm gonna have some alcohol now, everyone watch the world end

edit: it didn't end

Sephex
02-25-2013, 09:44 PM
I have the advantage/disadvantage of having my family silently disapprove of my online shenanigans and talk trash about me when I'm not around most likely. Not ALL of my family is like that, but I am sure a couple of my Uncles, Aunts, and cousins don't like what I have to say/get weirded out by me.

Don't both me any. If they don't like it they are free to unfriend me.

Clo
02-25-2013, 09:45 PM
WHO ELSE HAS ENEMIES, LINE 'EM UP, I'M ON A RAMPAGE.

Jinx
02-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Exactly, Sephex. If you have such an issue with what I say, either hide my feed, or unfriend me.

Simple as.

The best thing about all of this is that my MOTHER, HIS EX-BEST FRIEND AND FORMER EMPLOYEE, commented on my status saying that she taught me well.

Clo
02-25-2013, 09:50 PM
P.S. Sam's mom smiled at me, ya'all be jealous, she likes me best.

Sephex
02-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Exactly, Sephex. If you have such an issue with what I say, either hide my feed, or unfriend me.

Simple as.

The best thing about all of this is that my MOTHER, HIS EX-BEST FRIEND AND FORMER EMPLOYEE, commented on my status saying that she taught me well.

You want me to chime in with something. Are they still scared of Marilyn Manson?

SophieVIII
02-26-2013, 12:49 AM
I don't know what to say to this

Bunny
02-26-2013, 01:06 AM
Every single person in this thread is an utter disappointment.

"OMGosh, You leave for a few years and everything goes to booze in a hand basket. I don't think I taught you that. Who's your pastor now? I may need to speak with him. LOL"

"Jack Daniels."

Pheesh
02-26-2013, 12:31 PM
This is why I don't post anything except the occasional picture on Facebook.

Agent Proto
02-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Why do you have your pastor friended on Facebook? I stopped using Facebook so I don't run into this crap

Rantz
02-26-2013, 06:03 PM
I stopped using the internet and now I'm safe from vaguely offensive statements! my life is perfect again!!

Formalhaut
02-26-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm very careful to ensure that all my status updates (when I do update) don't come back to haunt me. I see some of my friend's statuses, and sometimes I do go... "wha?" :screwy:
I also make sure that I never get my family, not even brothers or anything, on Facebook. it's better kept that way.

Also, why do you still have your old pastor on Facebook? He's from like, years ago.

Faris
02-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Nosy people drive me up the wall but they are everywhere.

I stopped using the internet and now I'm safe from vaguely offensive statements! my life is perfect again!!

Said no one after 1hour off the internet.

Pike
02-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Also, why do you still have your old pastor on Facebook? He's from like, years ago.

Didn't you hear? The whole point of Facebook is to add people that you met once ten years ago

G13
02-26-2013, 11:32 PM
My girlfriend and I recently found out that we are expecting. Her brother called me and gave me a piece of his mind, which consisted of telling me I'm a loser, she should leave me, our plans will fail, etc. I decided to be the bigger person and not retaliate, but I was furious the rest of the night.

Freya
02-26-2013, 11:35 PM
Oh wow! That sucks about the bro thing but congrats eric!

Pike
02-26-2013, 11:41 PM
My girlfriend and I recently found out that we are expecting.

:o for real? Congrats!!!

Old Manus
02-27-2013, 12:00 AM
>OMGosh

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-27-2013, 12:12 AM
So my sink got clogged and it took my landlord over a week to fix it. Eventually, the plumber--who turns out to be a friend of the landlord--comes about and fixes it. Apparently there was a lot of rice? But I always use the filters in the drain so? Anyways, this was a few weeks ago. So naturally when he comes my kitchen is a mess. I have not had a sink for over a week. No, I did not use the bathtub instead, too much work. The other day I get a call from my concierge telling me that the plumber dude told the landlord that my place was messy so the landlord asked the concierge to tell me that we should keep the place more clean. Now my concierge is a nice lady and was obvious she felt awkward about it. I know I can be messy (I have clothes and papers on the floor but it is because I am always taking things in and out of my bookbag and run out of room for all my books!). Anyways, the point being is that it pissed me off. Whether or not I am a little messy is none of my landlord's fucking business. AT. ALL. Also, if people did not take so long to fix the problem, my kitchen would not be a mess. Hmmm? Seriously, it is not the fucking plumber's business nor my landlords. As long as I am not damaging the place, like fuck off.

Formalhaut
02-27-2013, 12:29 AM
My girlfriend and I recently found out that we are expecting. Her brother called me and gave me a piece of his mind, which consisted of telling me I'm a loser, she should leave me, our plans will fail, etc. I decided to be the bigger person and not retaliate, but I was furious the rest of the night.

Congratulations G13! I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl, and it's name.

As for your brother, have you spoken to girlfriend about him? Any other family members?

G13
02-27-2013, 04:31 AM
I didn't really need to speak to anybody about him, the lout bragged about his "learnin' me" to his family. It's all falling on deaf ears, though, it's pretty widely known that he's an idiot. Still, the idea that being a "bigger man" means allowing him to speak to me like that is infuriating.

Quindiana Jones
02-27-2013, 04:33 AM
You should just Steve him next time he opens his mouth.

Laddy
02-27-2013, 05:05 AM
All the time on Facebook. I seriously stopped posting anything remotely resembling myself outside of the mundane because I'd have "concerned" people to the point where they attempt to discuss religion or politics whenever I went on Facebook with some topic they deemed inappropriate.

Shorty
02-27-2013, 01:02 PM
All of the folks in my old church ward thought I was a bad apple, anyway. I don't think they'd be surprised to see anything on my facebook.

Having said that, I am not friends with any of them on facebook because I don't want to see their shit or give them a chance to comment on how much I've changed.

Pumpkin
02-27-2013, 01:09 PM
There is one guy I am seriously thinking of taking off of my facebook. He spends all day on the site basically badmouthing people and their beliefs and/or political views and its upsetting me. It isn't even a "this is an opinion I have that I am sharing" its a "you are so dumb for thinking ____. What's wrong with you". Plus he has some posts that are just like "How do you not know about [insert computer terms that a lot of people don't know]. What are you, a moron? How could you not even know your own computer?". When I'm sure there are many many things he doesn't know about that he could benefit from.

I don't know, it just bugs me how he basically spends all day sitting on facebook and attacking other people. Doesn't he have better things to do, like go lose some weight because he is very much unhealthy right now? Or go try and get a job? Or finish school, which he dropped out of? Or go volunteer, or something. There has to be a more productive way to spend his time than attacking people constantly to make himself feel better.

Shorty
02-27-2013, 01:12 PM
Ax him. What's the benefit of keeping him as your friend?

Also, you people who feel like you have to hide your statuses or can't post what you want because of certain people - that's terrible. I understand that somehow society has drawn an emotional line to their slot on a friend page, but if you feel like you can't speak freely with some people, why not just hide your updates from them instead of restricting yourselves?

Pumpkin
02-27-2013, 01:16 PM
The only reason I had him on facebook is because the guy has very little in the way of friend's so I try to be nice and talk to him and check up on him once in a while to help him feel better. But I dunno, I'm losing all sympathy I have for him.

Laddy
02-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Maybe a kick in the reality is what he needs so he can stop being a blowhard and get some friends.

TrollHunter
03-01-2013, 04:09 PM
you say its none of his business yet you post it on FACEBOOK for everyone to see? I dont follow.
Am i missing something here?
His comment, while a bit rude, was most likely a joke...

Shoeberto
03-01-2013, 04:21 PM
For me, Facebook got creepy and awkward a while back. I used to post too much to it and got caught up the feedback cycle but then at one point I just stopped checking it and realized I was a lot happier. Then my gf deleted hers, and I deleted mine, and I haven't really missed it since.

I've picked up my Twitter account and post some stuff there, but mostly I like reading things comedians or interesting people I like post. I think social networks have become too prone to drama unless you're really diligent about your privacy settings and pruning your friends list, which I just think is an awful lot of work for something like that. Ain't nobody got time for that.

The web was a lot more fun for me when it was just a secret clubhouse and it's becoming less and less like that over time and it makes me sad.

Jinx
03-01-2013, 05:02 PM
you say its none of his business yet you post it on FACEBOOK for everyone to see? I dont follow.

I even made a note of this.

But, no. Just because something's on Facebook doesn't mean it concerns you.

The point is, if you think I'm such an alcoholic, either don't respond, or delete me.

And no. It wasn't a joke. People don't make jokes like that and not mean it.

Quindiana Jones
03-01-2013, 05:05 PM
That's typically what I do when someone I care for is acting in a way that concerns me. ;)

Shorty
03-01-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm a pretty shitty facebook friend. If someone posts something with a conflicting view to mine that is explained in absolute ignorance and general horribleness, I will comment on it. I know that it's asking for trouble, but Idgaf. Many people have done the same to me. If someone's responses bother you on facebook, it's probably best to remove them or hide your posts from them trather than trusting that they'll stick to only polite comments.

Jinx
03-01-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm a pretty troutty facebook friend. If someone posts something with a conflicting view to mine that is explained in absolute ignorance and general horribleness, I will comment on it. I know that it's asking for trouble, but Idgaf. Many people have done the same to me. If someone's responses bother you on facebook, it's probably best to remove them or hide your posts from them trather than trusting that they'll stick to only polite comments.

I've done this before with certain people.

Night Fury
03-01-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm a pretty troutty facebook friend. If someone posts something with a conflicting view to mine that is explained in absolute ignorance and general horribleness, I will comment on it. I know that it's asking for trouble, but Idgaf. Many people have done the same to me. If someone's responses bother you on facebook, it's probably best to remove them or hide your posts from them trather than trusting that they'll stick to only polite comments.

You know Shorty, I'm now gonna become the biggest facebook troll you know. Everytime you post something. Expect me to comment. :D

TrollHunter
03-01-2013, 05:17 PM

The point is, if you think I'm such an alcoholic, either don't respond, or delete me.

If it doesnt concern them then why let them see the post? People will comment when they want. It wasnt entirely the commentors fault here. Sure, it was a rude comment, but i dont agree with you about the joke part. I make jokes like that a lot and i never mean them.
If you let everyone see your posts, you are asking for trouble. Its like screaming something out in public and complaining when someone tells you to shut up.
Im not on the other guys side, but i think youre giving him too much of the blame.

Shorty
03-01-2013, 05:17 PM
But Philip already does that :(

Night Fury
03-01-2013, 05:19 PM
This is why we're the perfect couple :bigsmile:

NorthernChaosGod
03-01-2013, 05:20 PM

If it doesnt concern them then why let them see the post? People will comment when they want. It wasnt entirely the commentors fault here. Sure, it was a rude comment, but i dont agree with you about the joke part. I make jokes like that a lot and i never mean them.
If you let everyone see your posts, you are asking for trouble. Its like screaming something out in public and complaining when someone tells you to shut up.
Im not on the other guys side, but i think youre giving him too much of the blame.
I'd be inclined to believe lol it isn't a joke lol because the dude is a pastor and Sam actually knows the guy lololol. Adding lol to something rude doesn't make it a joke lol, that just makes it awkward. lololololololololol lol lolololol!!!!1111oneonelol

LOL

Shorty
03-01-2013, 05:21 PM
This is why we're the perfect couple :bigsmile:

:|

Madame Adequate
03-01-2013, 05:23 PM
I'm a pretty shitty facebook friend. If someone posts something with a conflicting view to mine that is explained in absolute ignorance and general horribleness, I will comment on it. I know that it's asking for trouble, but Idgaf. Many people have done the same to me. If someone's responses bother you on facebook, it's probably best to remove them or hide your posts from them trather than trusting that they'll stick to only polite comments.

Shit, I do that to random people I don't know who have commented on friend's posts. What's the point of the Internet if not to get into slapfights with strangers?

Jinx
03-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Trollhunter

I just want to point out--when you make jokes like that, they may be jokes. But obviously you're using your true opinion and saying it's a "joke." There are some jokes that are just jokes. There are some jokes that aren't. And you might be pissing people off and/or hurting their feelings, and you don't even know it.

TrollHunter
03-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Trollhunter

I just want to point out--when you make jokes like that, they may be jokes. But obviously you're using your true opinion and saying it's a "joke." There are some jokes that are just jokes. There are some jokes that aren't. And you might be pissing people off and/or hurting their feelings, and you don't even know it.

Not necessarily. Its usually a HUGE exaggeration on the situation, and a lot of times i dont even believe the realistic version. I dont joke about my serious opinions, as i dont know how to. The people i do this to has severely died down as i have hurt some peoples feelings, but i still do it to close friends that know im kidding.
This is obviously where the pastor was in the wrong, and he may believe you are an alcoholic. That isnt my place to say.
I will back off on the joke part though, as that matters not anymore.
Now, what about the other points i made?

Jinx
03-01-2013, 06:09 PM
I wasn't addressing those, because I disagree with you.

TrollHunter
03-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Why do you disagree? Just ignoring it wont get us anywhere.

Jinx
03-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Why do you disagree? Just ignoring it wont get us anywhere.

I am not obligated to argue with you, thanks.

I already told you why I disagree.

TrollHunter
03-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Fair enough.

jenovajunkie
03-01-2013, 06:18 PM
People, who the smurf cares about what other people think. I would have taken that as a polite joke, I wouldn't even get into a fit.

Ma'am, if your angry either you let him know or move on laughing.

EDIT: I'm a bit too late.

Quindiana Jones
03-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Or kill him. :shifty:

NorthernChaosGod
03-02-2013, 06:03 AM
:colbert: You know what you did.

Clo
03-02-2013, 04:06 PM
I really don't understand, like, 98% of you. :colbert:

Shiny
03-02-2013, 05:58 PM
I don't have a problem with my facebook friends I have a problem with the friends of friends because I can still sometimes see their shit. Literally. Some guy posted his huge turd on fb for friends of friemds to see. And the another one his penis. People please do me the favor and hide your stupid friends.

Araciel
03-04-2013, 04:38 AM
ehhhh

"do you like turtles?"

jenovajunkie
03-05-2013, 03:13 AM
I LOVE TMNT.