PDA

View Full Version : Wallets, or whatever

Denmark
02-26-2013, 02:10 AM
talk about your wallet/purse/moneyholdingthingy. what's it like? what's in it? are there any things you keep in there that aren't there for a practical purpose?

mine is a brown leather trifold thing made by dockers: pretty dang close to the brown one in this picture right here (http://wwws.boscovs.com/wcsstore/boscovs//images/store/product/images/05170391531dk1156.jpg)

contents:
debit card
credit card
starbucks gift card
AAA membership card
health insurance card
student ID (expired)
driver's license
11 american dollars cash
a dollar coin given to me by my grandfather before he passed away
a handwritten bar tab from when i went to seattle last november. it's got little drawings of what we ordered, and i thought it was cool so i picked up the tab and kept the handwritten thing

Jinx
02-26-2013, 02:18 AM
I have a satchel purse that has a long, thin strap. I put it on my right shoulder and wear it across my chest, and it rests on my left hip. It's a brown leathery material.

In it is two kinds of lip gloss and two types of lip chap. I have tissues (cos I am an old lady) and my wallet. I will also carry my keys, my nook, bobby pins, glasses, and my phone in my purse. I also carry my wallet in it.

My wallet is the old-fashioned bill wallet, but it's plastic with a red and pink design on it.

In it I have my driver's license, social security card, First Aid and CPR cards, car and health insurance cards, Blockbuster Card, debit card.

Parker
02-26-2013, 02:24 AM
beat up old cheap thing. contains provisional driving licence, debit card, NI card, condoms (2), student ID card, expired NUS card, two or three random receipts and about 32p in change (i empty my change most days)

Sephex
02-26-2013, 02:24 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/Snapshot_20130225_zps4442e73f.jpg

I've had the one pictured for years now. Probably almost a decade. Anyway...

Drivers Licence
Credit Card
ATM Card
Health Insurance
Dental Insurance
Auto Insurance
Old College ID
Sophomore Year School ID
Some Pokemon Card that I don't know when or where I got
And some cash!

Faris
02-26-2013, 02:25 AM
Oh dear... my regular wallet is red and inside it is:
- $30.27 CAN
- $.05 US
- $26 worth of bus tickets
- 1 Credit card
- 2 Debit cards
- Air Miles card
- Bank receipt
- Edge card
- G2
- Gift cards: The Athletic Club and Starbucks
- Green hospital card
- HBC Rewards card
- Medical alert card info
- Plumb Rewards card
- Scene rewards card
- SIN card (whoops, should move that to my safe)
- Temporary Royal Canadian Legion member ticket

In my small green purse I carry my passport, wallet, health card/info, 3DS, spare house key, and phone.

Let's never ever get into the detailed content of the purse I take to work. It's pretty much my Mary Poppins's purse.

Bunny
02-26-2013, 02:30 AM
Debit card, three Credit cards (two regular, one medical specific), three gift cards (two Wal-Mart, one Old Chicago), two business cards (wedding photographer, caterer), seven membership cards, drivers license, expired student ID, two expired ID cards, pictures of family (fiance, brother, niece and nephew), $2, medical alert card.

It's an old wallet that I've had for about 6-7 years. Black, probably fake leather.

Pumpkin
02-26-2013, 03:21 AM
I have a special handmade purse and on it is a picture of a cutie turtle with a mohawk. The inside is red with white polka dots and it is just adorable. My wallet is in my purse and it holds all of my ID and it is this practical ugly red thing I bought at a yard sale. It does have pictures of my son in it :jess:.

The inside of my purse is a mess of unknown contents, but there's always something in there when I need it. Like a keychain ring. I don't even remember buying one but there it was conveniently in my purse when I needed one. Now I have my new car (Panda :3) keys in there which I am quite happy about.

I never carry my purse around with me unless I will be gone on a trip or I know I will need my ID. Even then I sometimes forget it.

Shorty
02-26-2013, 03:58 AM
$0.41, all in pennies
a Bella Sara playing card with a pegasus titled "Euros"
a business card for Cafe 15, the very first cafe in Oakland I went to
a business card for John DeJesus artwork
a business card for La Mano where babe and I both got some Venetian Masks in La Jolla
a copy of my passport photo
a Disneyland ticket stub
a folded up paper with a bunch of healthy tips I wrote on it
a fortune cookie fortune
a gift card for Starbucks that has under $2 on it
a gift card for Walmart that has about $6 left on it
a gift card redeemable at either On the Border, Chili's, Macaroni Grill or Maggiano's
a list of everyone I had ever dated and kissed and slept with up until I was 18
a list of all the trout I needed to get for my passport
a movie stub for Source Code, date rubbed off
a movie stub for Watchmen 3/10/2009
a movie stub for Watchmen 3/20/2009
a movie stub for Star Trek 5/11/2009
a movie stub for District 9 8/14/2009
a movie stub for Drag Me To Hell 8/31/2009 (soooo bad, absolutely unwatchable)
a movie stub for Avatar 3D 1/6/2010
a movie stub for The Last Exorcism 9/4/2010
a movie stub for Due Date 11/7/2010
a movie stub for Sucker Punch 3/26/11 (which was attended with babe and Lynx and Clarissa)
a sticker for The Spider Hole, a band I saw with Voltaire
a stub for the Tempe Aquarium 10/17/2010
a stub for the Tempe Aquarium 3/20/2011 that I went to with babe
a stub for the Giants vs. Marlins game at AT&T Park 5/3/12
a stub for Jeff Mangum stub at the Fox Theater in Oakland 4/9/12
a stub and wristband from the Arizona Science Center/Bodyworlds exhibition that babe and I went to
Alkaline Trio folded up printed ticket at the House of Blues in San Diego 3/3/12
Lucky's Grocery club card
more starbucks receipts than I care to admit
my Arizona driver's license
my California tattoo artist's card and a sticker he gave me
my debit card
my old debit card
my Orem High 11th grade ID
QuikSmog business card
Peninsula Beauty club card
PetsMart Pet Perks card
punchcard for Cafe 400
punchcard for The Sandwich Spot
Safeway club card
Sally's Beauty club card
stamps
the printed script for my "why is a raven like a writing desk" tattoo

My wallet is kindof old and a little dirty, but I like it.

Denmark
02-26-2013, 04:29 AM
i'd like to thank sarah for editing her list to make it alphabetized and chronological when appropriate

Shorty
02-26-2013, 04:31 AM
Everyone else's lists (besides Rob's) are making me twitch.

Denmark
02-26-2013, 04:39 AM
everyone else's list is fine

it's just that sarah's list was ALMOST BUT NOT QUITE ALPHABETIZED so it was really bothersome

Shorty
02-26-2013, 04:40 AM
:|

Denmark
02-26-2013, 04:43 AM
u kno i luv u

Shorty
02-26-2013, 04:44 AM
reciprocated

:love:

Faris
02-26-2013, 05:17 AM
Everyone else's lists (besides Rob's) are making me twitch.

I fixed it, are you happy now? :Oo:

Denmark
02-26-2013, 05:18 AM
i know i sure am

CimminyCricket
02-26-2013, 05:28 AM
I don't like having a fat wallet for some reason, so I keep it nice and thin with only things I will need. I use to carry a wallet I stole from my dad 12 years ago. He had it for so long he probably killed whatever it was made of. I'll post a picture of it when I'm not feeling so lazy. Then I was at Marshall's (a kind of overstock department store where out of date products go to die) and I saw this really cool bifold wallet (also a must I hate trifold since it makes my bills all trifoldy) for $10. I refuse to spend more than $10 on a wallet because what is the point of buying a wallet if it is going to be empty of money when it's finally yours? It's perry ellis which I have come to understand as a cheap fancy clothing type that makes wallets too. I have a belt from them which is awesome because it is reversable.

Anyway, my wallet has stamps, 2 credit cards, 2 debit cards, my driving license, my military ID, my student ID, it had my Game Stop member card in it until I realized it is expired so I don't have that anymore, my Barnes and Noble member card, a jewelry store business card with my ring size and the type of band I liked at the time because I don't know anything, my grand mother's business card since I never remember where she damn lives and a little note that a stranger wrote on a small piece of paper thanking me for my service. It was an awesome thing to find on my car and I don't think my mommy wrote it.

NorthernChaosGod
02-26-2013, 05:41 AM
I have a black leather wallet that contains the following:
debit card
credit card
driver's license
state ID card
student ID
Dave and Busters power card
AMC Stubs card
Health insurance card
Costco card
Bevmo! card
Red Robin card
Barona card
and currently some cash

Pike
02-26-2013, 10:56 AM
It's a small black wallet that don't need no man. Contains the following:

Driver's License
Debit Card
Safeway Card
Safeway pharmacy prescription discount card
Target Employee Discount Card
Target Visa (for further discounts)
Another credit card that I have never used and is there for emergencies
Haircrafters loyalty card

And some cash and a couple of receipts. The receipts get cleared out once a week or so.

I don't carry a purse because purses are for girls and I am a genderless robot. Also I have no idea what I would put into a purse. Phone and wallet both fit into my pockets perfectly fine. :|

Aulayna
02-26-2013, 11:07 AM
I have:

A €20 note
A debit card
A Costa Coffee Club Card

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd...

that's all!

Pike
02-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Well, Aulayna is winning the thread so far!

Night Fury
02-26-2013, 12:00 PM
I have a beaaaautttiful red purse with gold metal bits on it. :jess:

Inside I have....
1 Post office receipt!
1 Frankie and Bennys receipt!
1 Useless HMV points card
1 Out of date H&M £5 gift card
3 Debit cards
Body shop loyalty card
Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Costa Coffee Loyalty Card
Esquires Coffee Loyalty Card
Uni Coffee Stand Loyalty Card
Boots Advantage Card
Superdrug Points Card
Buss Pass
Library Card/Uni ID
Work Locker Key
...Some fluff :s
3 odd buttons
A few pennies, a few pound coins and a £5 note.

Værn
02-26-2013, 12:06 PM
http://oi47.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2uf6kba.jpg
It currently contains:

My ID
Two $20 bills

Pheesh
02-26-2013, 12:08 PM
I have an awesome black tri-fold wallet, it's a little small tbh but it's looks and feels so awesome. It's contents atm are...

Post Office Receipt
7/11 Receipt
2x Transperth Train Tickets
2x VLine Train Tickets
A ticket to Periphery from last night
Debit Card
Credit Card
Eftpos Card
Myki Tram Card
Health Insurance Membership Card
WA White Card (builders ticket)
WA Proof of Age Card
Medicare Card
Room key from the hostel I stayed in last night that I forgot to hand in apparently :/
A couple random business cards
some loose change
aaaand an expired condom -_-

Bubba
02-26-2013, 12:29 PM
I am also pretty boring and have a black, leather wallet containing the standard following items...

£5
2 Debit Cards
2 Credit Cards
Sainsbury's Discount Card
Riley's Pool Hall Card
Barbers Loyalty Card
3 passport photos
7 first class stamps
A condom

Plus... a few weird items I'd forgotten about.

- a cheque receipt for £409.50 from about 12 months ago... I hope it cleared.
- A little note that reads "Nick is always right!" and then a drawing of what looks like a lemur... I have no idea who Nick is.
- A very weird restaurant card depicting a woman holding a glass of wine... but when turned upside down it depicts her... erm, 'interfering' with herself.

Thank you EOFF for reminding me to clear out my wallet.

Værn
02-26-2013, 01:06 PM
- A little note that reads "Nick is always right!" and then a drawing of what looks like a lemur... I have no idea who Nick is.
That would probably be me.

Bubba
02-26-2013, 01:10 PM

Are you any good at drawing lemurs?

Værn
02-26-2013, 01:13 PM

Are you any good at drawing lemurs?
Not particularly.

Jinx
02-26-2013, 01:20 PM
You're not supposed to keep condoms in your wallet.

Don't Keep Condoms In Your Wallet | Men's Health Singapore (http://www.menshealth.com.sg/health/dont-keep-condoms-your-wallet)

Pheesh
02-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Lol, a condom in your wallet will still be more effective than not having a condom on you at all.

Bubba
02-26-2013, 01:37 PM

Don't Keep Condoms In Your Wallet | Men's Health Singapore (http://www.menshealth.com.sg/health/dont-keep-condoms-your-wallet)

I may have some slight reservations on the validity of that article.

"They do not always realise that the heat from the vehicle or wallet can disintegrate the condom and compromise its quality."

I understand heat from a vehicle but the last I checked (which was very recently - see above)... there is no heating system contained within my wallet.

Jinx
02-26-2013, 01:55 PM

I may have some slight reservations on the validity of that article.

"They do not always realise that the heat from the vehicle or wallet can disintegrate the condom and compromise its quality."

I understand heat from a vehicle but the last I checked (which was very recently - see above)... there is no heating system contained within my wallet.

Er...

If you put your wallet in your pocket, it's going to absorb body heat. Especially if you sit on it or something.

Bubba
02-26-2013, 02:17 PM
If you put your wallet in your pocket, it's going to absorb body heat. Especially if you sit on it or something.

Why would you sit on your wallet?

I suppose you're right though if you kept it in your pants pocket, my bad. I always keep mine in my coat pocket though so it isn't really exposed to any body heat.

Madame Adequate
02-26-2013, 05:38 PM
I have:

A debit card.

:colbert:

Shauna
02-26-2013, 05:40 PM
I have a debit card and my provisional drivers license.

Also some useless store cards that I should probably get rid of.

Rantz
02-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Nudes of Shorty
Nudes of Levian
Paperclip
"Buy 10 get 1 free" stamp card from the local bordello

What else does a man need, really?

Denmark
02-26-2013, 06:48 PM
a paperclip? you sick man

Shorty
02-26-2013, 07:42 PM
HE LIES

Denmark
02-26-2013, 07:50 PM
i figured he was lying about those nudes of lev

Rantz
02-26-2013, 08:00 PM
I was not! Ask Hux.

Madame Adequate
02-26-2013, 09:04 PM
The nudes of Lev are, sadly, real. He didn't provide me with nudes of Shorty though which leads me to conclude she is a never-nude.

Shiny
02-27-2013, 02:51 AM
Some of you have way too many cards and stuff in your wallet. /judges

In my wallet:

Debit Card
Cash (Limited)
Coins (Also limited)
Taxi receipts (So I can be reimbursed with petty cash)
A few of my bf's business cards
One of my business cards
Driver I.D.
Work I.D.
Metro Card
Bus Pass

And it has butterflies on it. I'll take the pic later. I liked my old one with butterflies better because it was more colorful.

Shorty
02-27-2013, 02:54 AM
What can I say, I'm a hoarder.

NorthernChaosGod
02-27-2013, 08:01 AM
Some of you have way too many cards and stuff in your wallet. /judges

Maybe you don't have enough. :colbert:

Shiny
02-28-2013, 08:10 AM
You're right. I need more cash in it.

Cloudane
02-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Just rationalised mine again actually (so I have room in my pockets for wallet and phone in one pocket, camera in the other). Depending on how bulky my new camera is when it arrives.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6myjkooedumyhk/2013-02-28%2012.43.49.jpg

One very thin wallet. It's not much more than just two pieces of leather stitched back to back, but has a zipped section for a few coins, card slots etc.

Contents:
Debit card
Credit card
Notes
Coins
Driving license (for ID)
British Model Flying Association insurance card

That's it. None of the usual stuff I'd never use.

Loony BoB
02-28-2013, 01:48 PM
My wallet was given to me by Krystal, my first girlfriend, for Christmas in 1997. So, the day after she dumped me... but yeah, it's lasted the distance, clearly. The zip broke off so I can't store coins in it anymore. It's a Rip Curl wallet made of some kind of material (nice and specific there) and seals using velcro.

Rantz
02-28-2013, 02:55 PM
You have a velcro Rip Curl wallet in your late 20's? I can't decide if that's the coolest or the lamest thing ever, but I'm leaning towards coolest.

Mercen-X
02-28-2013, 04:42 PM
I took the chain off of my wallet and wore it around my neck in college.