PDA

View Full Version : Double AP

Yar
02-26-2013, 09:23 PM
I can't get Double AP to work... :mad:

What is the correct way to use Double AP? What conditions do I need to meet in a battle?

Pete for President
02-27-2013, 07:51 AM
Equip the weapon and finish the battle with the character holding the weapon IIRC. He/she must be active in the party when the battle finishes. I'm not 100% sure, but this is how I remember it.

Iceglow
02-27-2013, 08:17 AM
each character must have taken one action in battle for this to work. Therefore first party defend first turn, switch for next member, they defend, rinse and repeat until all members have been in battle and guarded for one turn. Once done bring forth the main big-guns and have them hit stuff til it dies horribly. Double and/or Triple AP acquired.

Formalhaut
03-03-2013, 05:42 PM
each character must have taken one action in battle for this to work. Therefore first party defend first turn, switch for next member, they defend, rinse and repeat until all members have been in battle and guarded for one turn. Once done bring forth the main big-guns and have them hit stuff til it dies horribly. Double and/or Triple AP acquired.

Oh, I remember cycling through my party during the main game, having them defend once, and retreating back for someone else. It made my game so much longer, but everyone levelled up equally.

Nebulance
03-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Oh, I remember cycling through my party during the main game, having them defend once, and retreating back for someone else. It made my game so much longer, but everyone levelled up equally.

I did something similar -- instead of bringing everyone into the fight, I'd cycle them -- every time someone got a sphere level, I switched them out with someone from the sideline. It takes a while, but it mixed things up and kept it entertaining.

Although, this applies to leveling up in general and not necessarily reaping the benefits of double AP.

Freya
03-09-2013, 10:13 AM
I've never tried Double AP I guess. I didn't even realize this game had it in there.

qwertysaur
03-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Just use this setup. Overdrive --> AP, Triple overdrive and auto phoenix abilities set. Have overdrive mode set to Comrade. Fight Cactuar King. Each time he uses 99,999 needles that's a ton of AP for you. :p