PDA

View Full Version : E-Fail, or Horribly Mis-Directed Emails (and texts and what have you)

Shorty
02-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Series of events regarding an accidental email that was sent to all of our ten offices in North America (to probably 1500 people):

12:20 Eileen: Attached please find the flight itinerary for blah blah blah things and stuff.
12:21 David: I'm not sure why I received this message - may have been meant for someone else?
12:21 Russel: I'm confused - why did I receive this email?
12:23 Ethan: I am also a bit confused. I received this email as well.
12:23 Zlata: Likewise, I am not sure why I have received this.
12:23 Jane: I'm confused as well. Not sure why I got this e-mail.
12:23 Matt: Me either.
12:27 Sandy: Everyone, please stop replying to all.
12:27 Alison: If the email is not meant for you, please do not reply to all and send emails to everyone.
12:27 Chad: All -- it was obviously sent to the entire North America list by mistake. Please discontinue from replying to all.
12:27: Xiohao: Eileen, your email and the subsequent responses have significantly reduced my productivity.
12:27 Jenny: What is this for?
12:29 Minjie: Me either.
12:29 Alvin: Keepin it going. Hi everyone this was not meant for!
12:30 Ritesh: Me either.
12:31 Torsten: Well it's clearly a mistake. Since everybody seems to have received it no need to reply to everybody else - just makes it worse ;)
12:32 Saurabh: I think Eileen used the wrong email group.
12:32 Sen: Neither here... chain letter, resurrect!
12:32 Kendall: Likewise.
12:35 Andrea: unsubscribe
12:39 Adam: So this is what happens when we migrate to Outlook... ;-)
13:11 David: Same here.
13:18 Ryan: Same here? Just little bit confused on why I got this.
13:43: Karun: Same here...

It took me 0.2 seconds to immediately realize that the email was not intended for me to read and that the sender had obviously sent it to a group list that it was unintended for. I filed it away and went on my business, only to receive these twenty-three replies over the course of over an hour. These are people with PhDs and MBAs who are unable to determine whether or not an email was intended for them, even with a million reply-alls.

Share your unfortunate mis-directed stories with emails, texts, facebook and what have you.

krissy
02-27-2013, 11:27 PM
this happened once a month in grad school

Jinx
02-27-2013, 11:27 PM
Well, I used to get text messages from my ex-boyfriend casting suspicions he was cheating on me. Whenever I'd ask about it, he'd cover it up with a quick lie. Usually they were JUST harmless enough (or at least, not out of his ordinary behaviour) to make it hard to prove he was lying.

The gem, though, was the day I hadn't talked to him in probably a couple of hours. I get a text saying, "I'm sure you've already made a couple of guys hard today."

Er, what?

I sent him a text back saying, "You sent that text to the wrong girl--your girlfriend."

He quickly responded with some bullshit story about how his close friend Zach (who is gay) had started his new job that day, and he was telling him that the guys in the office found him hot.

Yeah.

CimminyCricket
02-28-2013, 12:58 AM
I'd have believed it. That's a damn good lie.

Parker
02-28-2013, 01:15 AM
My friend's sister sent her a video of her using a dildo by mistake. Imagine how horrifying that must've been for both parties

Denmark
02-28-2013, 01:29 AM
how do you use a dildo by mistake

Sephex
02-28-2013, 01:45 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/documents_zpse197d752.jpg

I did this last year. I still don't know why.

Jowy
02-28-2013, 02:17 AM
if you hit reply all just to bitch about reading a pointless e-mail, you should just have your organs harvested and sold on the black market. that's seriously my ultimate pet peeve.

the_best_noob
02-28-2013, 02:33 AM
I've gotten emails asking if I wanted to be a sexy mom. I responded that it was on my agenda, after I graduated high school and got a sex change

Chris
02-28-2013, 11:55 PM
In late 2002, I got a mail asking if I wanted to join a Final Fantasy forum. It has been the worst decision I have ever made. :stare: