PDA

View Full Version : Billboard Top 100 of... 1996!

NeoCracker
03-03-2013, 09:16 PM
And I think I'll do one of these thread each Sunday/monday! I started with 1980's and now we go on to 1996! (I'm currently doing randomnly selected years between 1960-2006).

Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 1996 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_1996)

You know, I give the 80's a lot of trout, and I still think that, on a whole, the 90's are better then the 80's, but dear god is 1996 a bad year for hit music. I mean, jesus christ. The #1 song was The Macarena. Celine Dion and Mariah Carrey both had 2 hits on this thing, Toni Braxton had 2-3 hits, R. Kelly was getting hits, and worse yet Macarena had two smurfing spots on this list! The #1 mentioned above being the Bayside Boys mix, whatever that was, and the original.

This year was just painful to the core of my being. Anyway, the top 5 of the year!

5. Toni Braxton - Unbreak my Heart (#81) - This is not a good song, and I don't really like it. This is here just to show you this is the least offensive of all the bad songs on this list, and everything besides these five songs is worse. I do
want to say, I do enjoy a bit of Notorious B.I.G., but I like none of his hits from this year.

4. Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise (#33) - Not a fan of Coolio, this would be his only track I ever enjoyed of his. I think it does a decent job at portraying the life he is describing without glorifying it at all.

3. Alannis Morrisette - You ought a know (#29) - You know, it's not really a very good song, but it's preformed well enough and enjoyable. Don't really know why I like the song, but eh, not like this year have me much actual quality to work with.

2. Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 (#44) - I may only like a few Smashing Pumpkin's songs, but they tend to be really good when they are. This is probably my least favorite songs of theirs I still like, and is one of two songs this year that I think is legitimately good quality.

1. No Doubt - Just a Girl (#68) - Ah no Doubt, back in the day they were good. Twas a time that existed, I assure you!

Pike
03-03-2013, 09:36 PM
4. Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise (#33) - Not a fan of Coolio, this would be his only track I ever enjoyed of his. I think it does a decent job at portraying the life he is describing without glorifying it at all.

lOfZLb33uCg

Denmark
03-03-2013, 09:42 PM
coolio turns 50 this august. what a thug