PDA

View Full Version : "Those are pillars? I thought they were garbage cans!"

Sephex
03-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Ages ago when my cousins and I were playing the original Final Fantasy, my Aunt mistook the pillars as generic metallic garbage cans. Ever since then, I have often been amused at gamers and non gamers alike mistaking game graphics for something else.

Example: Many people on this very forum pointed out to me that they thought Emperor Gestahl's sprite looks like a dog when facing forward.

Just now, my girlfriend dropped this one on me when she was watching me play Chrono Trigger:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/lavostree_zps0fb28740.png

Anyway, share some of your experiences of amusing mistakes similar to the examples above!

Jinx
03-03-2013, 09:48 PM
I knew this was coming. xD

Tigmafuzz
03-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Just now, my girlfriend dropped this one on me when she was watching me play Chrono Trigger:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/lavostree_zps0fb28740.png

http://i.imgur.com/o63CW9F.png

Laddy
03-04-2013, 11:32 PM
My dad thought Quina was a duck.

Sephex
03-05-2013, 12:22 AM
My dad thought Quina was a duck.

...I can see it.

Bolivar
03-05-2013, 04:51 AM
Kuja.

Pumpkin
03-05-2013, 05:03 AM
I can't remember the characters name but there was someone in Suikoden V...

Okay, first it needs to be noted that about 80% of the time I play games on mute and listen to music (it's very amusing to me when the game and the music line up perfectly)

Anyways there was a character in Suikoden V who I could have sworn was a woman. A pretty woman at that. And one day I unmuted the volume. And out came this deep, manly voice. And they used 'he' or something for the first time that I noticed.

And my mind was blown.

qwertysaur
03-05-2013, 06:26 AM
My sister and cousin walked in when I was fighting Yunalesca. They thought she was a stripper.

DownDiagonalLeftA
03-05-2013, 06:27 AM
...Gestahl DOES look like a dog though.

Skyblade
03-05-2013, 06:53 AM
I can't remember the characters name but there was someone in Suikoden V...

Okay, first it needs to be noted that about 80% of the time I play games on mute and listen to music (it's very amusing to me when the game and the music line up perfectly)

Anyways there was a character in Suikoden V who I could have sworn was a woman. A pretty woman at that. And one day I unmuted the volume. And out came this deep, manly voice. And they used 'he' or something for the first time that I noticed.

And my mind was blown.

Dropped a Bridget on ya. Pity it's no longer the trope namer, though understandable.

I guess that would fall under Viewer Gender Confusion (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ViewerGenderConfusion), since the error was yours.

Bubba
03-05-2013, 01:42 PM
This has been mentioned before by a few people but I had no idea that Bugenhagen in FFVII was on top of a huge green, floating ball.

I always thought that he was some kind of weird floating weeble.

41594 41595

Shauna
03-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Mind blown, Bubba. xD

Bubba
03-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Mind blown, Bubba. xD

I know, right??

I always thought he was one of these...

Just a very wise one.

Sephex
03-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Wait. Wait. No. This. I thought. I thought Bugencorholio just had no legs! I.

What is my life?

Bubba
03-05-2013, 02:51 PM

What is my life?

I actually felt sorry for him when I played the game too... "Aww, poor Bugenhagen without any legs..." Nope, turns out he was just a lazy smurfer.

He's probably claiming disability benefit as well.

Sephex
03-05-2013, 03:08 PM

What is my life?

I actually felt sorry for him when I played the game too... "Aww, poor Bugenhagen without any legs..." Nope, turns out he was just a lazy smurfer.

He's probably claiming disability benefit as well.

Mother****er probably got Lifestream stamps too!

Skyblade
03-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Using Spirit Energy to improve quality of life for people all over the world? Evil.

Using Spirit Energy to power your hover chair because you're too lazy to walk? Absolutely fine.

Seriously, what else could it be? Do you think he ever plugs that thing in to recharge it? Is it fueled by a candle that has to be switched out every few minutes? Heck no. It's a giant Materia orb that he uses to cast Hover continuously, the hypocrite.

Bubba
03-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Ho ho hooooo!!