PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Freya
03-04-2013, 06:33 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3mhmd3S.gif

DlzXehyPhFk

Pirates + Assassin's = AC4? Heck yes. Take my money.

Edward Kenway, Haytham's Daddy :3

We've had the posters for a few days now at work. I'm really excited about it of course cause I kinda love that series. It'll be available on the next gen consoles too so that kinda puts a more definitive date on the PS4 as well as the 720.

Quindiana Jones
03-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Personally, I'm really glad that they're steadily removing all the subtlety and class from the games. I was finding it far too interesting a series. ;)

With that aside, Y'ARR! A PIRATE'S LIFE FOR ME!

Mirage
03-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Hey that's kind of cool i guess

Psychotic
03-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Kenway rules, pirates rule, Pirates! ruled, the West Indies as a setting rules, naval missions in AC3 ruled, THIS WILL RULE.

Madame Adequate
03-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Yeah naval missions were by a tremendous margin the best part of AC3 and the West Indies as a setting rules so um :shobon: I think it's safe to say I'm pretty danged excited about this.

McLovin'
03-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Geez I didn't even start AC3 yet.

Bolivar
03-05-2013, 12:46 PM
^ I still have to install Brotherhood on Steam :blush:

Aulayna
03-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Looking forward to it. Hoping the character is just as much of a boss as Haytham was.

Wolf Kanno
03-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Oh fuck yes :cool:

nirojan
03-05-2013, 08:49 PM
I've played all of the major PS3 games and the DLCs and I have to say, I wished they skipped this year and gave the franchise some breathing room. I get it's a different team and they have like 800 people working on it (apparently the excellent Farcry 3 team is also involved), but I still wish they let Watch Dogs take the lead this year and be their big Next gen entry game.

Plus I question why they called it ACIV? If their doing the Kennway Saga thing, shouldn't they have just had the "Black Flag" subtitle. I have a feeling it all about $$ and ACIII sold much better than Brotherhood and Revelations so they feel they need to have a numeric entry every year :(

That said, I'm genuinely interested in the time period and will probably pick this game up come October.

Wolf Kanno
03-05-2013, 09:39 PM
I agree that calling it ACIV is probably not a great idea since this is most likely going to be using the ACIII engine again but I am excited for the game. Though I was still hoping to get an ACIII expansion with Conner dealing with the War of 1812 or the French Revolution. Still a pirate game after the awesome ship section and dealing with the privateers and pirates of the West Indies is a really good backdrop in the Americas and should make for an excellent game.

Pheesh
03-06-2013, 12:56 PM
I still have from Brotherhood to ACIII to play before I'm caught up, but I'll try and get through all of them before this comes out. Looks pretty awesome.

DMKA
03-06-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm very interested to see where they take the present day story now without ruining the story by retconning. Maybe Desmond has a long lost brother? :p

krissy
03-06-2013, 06:23 PM
after revelations i find i have very little energy left for the franchise
i can't even be arsed to look for deals on ac3

ac2 was amazing though

Wolf Kanno
03-06-2013, 07:34 PM
I'm very interested to see where they take the present day story now without ruining the story by retconning. Maybe Desmond has a long lost brother? :p
No need, we still have Desmond's dad. I feel that's why we suddenly went from Conner and Haytham to Haytham's old man. ^_^

Though part of me wish we could finally ditch the precursors and end of days stuff that is the "modern" era's story. It just gets more ridiculous with each game.

Psychotic
03-06-2013, 07:47 PM
I think the modern day thing was kind of disappointing, in that I was expecting AC3 or 4 to be Desmond, free roaming in a city in the modern day. To me it had been building to that the entire series and we were getting glimpses of what might've been in the odd mission (such as that Brazil one) and then NO SORRY

nirojan
03-06-2013, 07:53 PM
No need, we still have Desmond's dad. I feel that's why we suddenly went from Conner and Haytham to Haytham's old man. ^_^

Though part of me wish we could finally ditch the precursors and end of days stuff that is the "modern" era's story. It just gets more ridiculous with each game.

They already said that we'll be playing "ourselves". The story is taking place in 2013 and the animus technology has improved to the point where anyone can delve into Desmond's memory (maybe his dna memory has been copied by abstergo?).

You're an employee of Abstergo Entertainment (subsidy of the Templar organization) and your still delving into Desmond's DNA.

Shoeberto
03-06-2013, 08:08 PM

ac2 was amazing though
That's about where I am. Like... AC3 looked cool, and all, but it looked like they took away a lot of what I really liked about AC2. And now there's another sequel, with a cool setting, but still. Massive sequel fatigue here, especially considering that nothing really seems to be happening with the plot.

Which is unfortunate. AC2 was an instant classic for me.

Wolf Kanno
03-06-2013, 10:18 PM
I think the modern day thing was kind of disappointing, in that I was expecting AC3 or 4 to be Desmond, free roaming in a city in the modern day. To me it had been building to that the entire series and we were getting glimpses of what might've been in the odd mission (such as that Brazil one) and then NO SORRY

I'm not really bothered, I've actually been dreading a modern entry because for me, its the historical aspect that makes the games appealing and that would be lost in a modern setting. It never helped that I stopped caring about Desmond after the first game, so I'm one of the few AC fans who was not terribly bothered by ACIII's ending.

They already said that we'll be playing "ourselves". The story is taking place in 2013 and the animus technology has improved to the point where anyone can delve into Desmond's memory (maybe his dna memory has been copied by abstergo?).

You're an employee of Abstergo Entertainment (subsidy of the Templar organization) and your still delving into Desmond's DNA.

That is... kind of lame. :eep:

ac2 was amazing though
That's about where I am. Like... AC3 looked cool, and all, but it looked like they took away a lot of what I really liked about AC2. And now there's another sequel, with a cool setting, but still. Massive sequel fatigue here, especially considering that nothing really seems to be happening with the plot.

Which is unfortunate. AC2 was an instant classic for me.

I'm curious to know what you felt was missing or removed?

In hindsight, while AC3 didn't have the "Wow factor" of ACII, I must say that out of the whole series, ACIII is the one I keep feeling the need to go back to because their was so much stuff to do and it really had a good complex story, which was the one thing kind of lacking from ACII and Brotherhood imo.

To date, ACII, AC: Revelations, and ACIII are still my favorite entries in the series.

G13
03-06-2013, 10:38 PM

This is how it was for me too. I was fully expecting to play as Desmond way more than I did.

That is... kind of lame. :eep:

I don't know if you played the minigame at the end but after you finish it the mysterious voice says something about uploading his, who we can assume is Desmond, memories to "the cloud". Makes sense I guess, but I'm not super happy about it. It is pretty lame. :greenie:

Del Murder
03-07-2013, 03:19 AM
Like WK I really have no interest in Desmond or his story. I'm still only up to AC Revelations so maybe that will change, but Ezio is definitely more interesting than Desmond.