PDA

View Full Version : Why the Dolphin ?

maybee
03-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Why does everybody like Echo the Dolphin when it comes to old Genesis/ Mega Drive games ?

Whenever somebody makes a Mega Drive list, that Dolphin game always scores really high or high up on the list.

It's a game where you play a Dolphin and swim around. What's so amazing about it ?

Yeah I have played it on Sega Mega Drive collection thing, and it was a bore. It was just a Dolphin and ....swimming around.

Am I missing something here ?

Big D
03-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Beautiful visuals and music, novel gameplay and challenging puzzles, and a bitchin' re-release on the Sega CD. Different strokes for different folks, but for me it's an unbeatable classic.

Pike
03-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Why does everybody like Echo the Dolphin when it comes to old Genesis/ Mega Drive games ?

Whenever somebody makes a Mega Drive list, that Dolphin game always scores really high or high up on the list.

It's a game where you play a Dolphin and swim around. What's so amazing about it ?

Yeah I have played it on Sega Mega Drive collection thing, and it was a bore. It was just a Dolphin and ....swimming around.

Am I missing something here ?

You didn't get very far, did you...

NorthernChaosGod
03-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Because it was fun.

maybee
03-05-2013, 07:38 AM
You didn't get very far, did you...

Oh the infamous NNNNNNN password level.

It's creepy as fuck Welcome to the Machine, but it's still pretty well.... dull...

Mercen-X
03-07-2013, 04:41 AM
not a fan. Beat the game, but not a fan. I saw it on the PS2 "Genesis Hits" collection. On that disc, I preferred Sword of Vermillion and Phantasy Star. Hell, I preferred Altered Beast, Alex Kidd... I preferred Flicky.

maybee
03-07-2013, 08:08 AM
not a fan. Beat the game, but not a fan. I saw it on the PS2 "Genesis Hits" collection. On that disc, I preferred Sword of Vermillion and Phantasy Star. Hell, I preferred Altered Beast, Alex Kidd... I preferred Flicky.

Thankyou. :jess:

Rostum
03-07-2013, 08:41 AM
It was a very relaxing game with a great atmosphere, some nice music, nice visuals, and good puzzles.

Loony BoB
03-07-2013, 01:56 PM
NCG hit the nail on the head for me. So long as it's fun, it's all good. I mean, if you're going to trivialise Ecco as "just a Dolphin and ....swimming around" I could argue that Mario is "just an Italian and... jumping around" or that every single game that ever involved a gun was "just shooting". I could even argue that every FF is just "a group of people running around". :p