PDA

View Full Version : Characters you wish they would have been Guests

Sephiroth
03-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Dash, FuSoYa, in a way Theodore for the final battle, Banon, even Leo, Sephiroth, Seifer, in a way Laguna, Ward and Kiros, Edea, Beatrix, Seymour, with him just running through the prologue Reks, Vossler, Reddas ...

There are so many guest characters in Final Fantasy which often had a very stylish way of being shown when they were in your party. Of course I don't mean characters like Aerith, Galuf or Tellah who actually where a real party member for a long time but then died. The ones mentioned above are what I talk about. Actually even Laguna and his team is an exception since they have many story parts so I only ~ call them "guests".

Which characters would you have wanted to be guest characters in your team?

More of the main villains in a cool scene which should demonsrate their powers like Sephiroth and Seymour's scenes did? Characters which have shown skill but were never really shown in a real battle ingame-battle-wise and story-battle-wise? Or maybe other characters you have found interesting but which were not shown enoug, so not only battle-wise?

And did you want some of the guest characters which actually were guests have to be longer in your party? Or even for a shorter period of time?

Jinx
03-04-2013, 03:31 PM
I would've liked to have had Seymour in my party for longer than one battle.

Shorty
03-04-2013, 05:45 PM
I would have liked to see what Ellone could do in battle. Fuckin' mind powers and shit.

Pete for President
03-04-2013, 08:53 PM
I would've liked to Rikku to be a guest rather than turn full party member. Help out Tidus in the beginning, but refuse to let her join the party after she attacked them with a killer robot. Begone, you nutter.

blackmage_nuke
03-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Quina, and you all know why, even if you're going to pretend you disagree

maybee
03-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Quina, and you all know why, even if you're going to pretend you disagree

I disagree. Because his/ hers/ it's Blue Magic is bloody handy.

Bubba
03-05-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm not sure he would count as a character but I always wanted to have Dark Nation in my party. Just the idea of having him as my pet was just awesome. It could maybe have worked in the same as Angelo did for Rinoa in FFVIII. Maybe I'd just transfer Rufus and Dark Nation into my party as a packaged deal!

Greatermaximus
03-06-2013, 09:17 PM
>>> Avoiding your common set-up.

Yes, yes the bads have to be more powerful than the goods to make them a challenge.

It's like the Borg in Star Trek, the Covenant in Halo, Trent Easton in PD, and others. Keeping a character like 'Olan' in FFT's throughout the game creates fewer difficulties. Same for what posters mentioned in this thread about particular characters.

Wolf Kanno
03-07-2013, 06:04 AM
I would have loved to have a branching off section in the Thamasa arc of FFVI where you could play as Leo and Celes' unit exploring the island, just so I could get more time with Leo.

Having Sephiroth around more in the flashback would have been cool as well, especially if there was a real boss fight or something and the game gave him an actual Limit Break to use.

I also wish there was a way to have Gabranth in your party longer than one part of a boss fight....

As for new guest characters...

I think actually having Baigan in IV would have been interesting, just have him in the party for a few battles before going monster on you.

Golbez would have been nice, you know, actually play as Golbez and FuSoYa for the Zemus fight or have sections where the narrative switches between both teams while traveling through the Lunar Subterrane.

Having Biggs, Wedge, and Jesse playable in VII might have been interesting and made them more endearing.

Baku or Sir Fratley in IX would have been awesome.

Judge Drace in XII would have been pretty cool as well.

Cid in XIII would have been interesting as well.

Sephiroth
03-08-2013, 02:54 AM
Having Sephiroth around more in the flashback would have been cool as well, especially if there was a real boss fight or something and the game gave him an actual Limit Break to use.

Well with the power of the Dragon the battle was meant to be like a boss fight. Remember those Dragons actually are not too bad when you fight them on a normal level and they are impossible for Cloud in the Flashback. It serves the same purpose as the whole Midgar Zolom scene. But Sephiroth is supposed to be so strong that he makes everything look easy. That's what the demonstration of power intends to show, of course. There are even two very funny scenes in Crisis Core with Sephiroth and Zack. Zack wants to fight some enemies and Sephiroth just dashes forward and they are defeated. He just says "Did you say something? Let's go." and one scene where he tells Zack he needs to practice defeating enemies with one blow and after Zack defeats a Dual Horn with one attack he just says: "Your enemy was too weak. Let's look for the next."

Those scenes are cool. And hilarious.

I must say, yes, I would have really wanted Beatrix and Seymour in more battles.

Loony BoB
03-08-2013, 09:50 AM
FFVII
Seto, if only in a flashback. :(
Johnny, obviously. The guy was made for great things.
Dyne.

FFVIII
Xu. It was 'Xu' right?
Laguna/Kiros/Ward, as guests of the main party.
Edea.

Mercen-X
03-09-2013, 05:17 AM
so far have been for VII: Dark Nation, Rufus, Biggs, Jessie, Wedge, Dyne, Seto, Johnny (well, I don't know about guest, but seeing him do something else like Chocobo Racing or competing in Wonder Square would have been neat)

Others from VII: obviously Zack (duh), Zangan, Reno, Rude, Ultima (:spin:), Mr. Dolphin, Dio, Big Bro, Scotch, Kotch, Snow, Genesis, Lezard, Luxiere, Kunsel, Shelke, Weiss

VIII: Seifer, Edea, Adel, Raijin, Fujin, Zone, Watts, Angelo (instead of a Limit Break function), Cloud of "Cloud's Shop", PuPu, Mr. Monkey

IX: Quale, Lani, The Tantalus Troupe (especially Blank and Marcus), Kuja, Fratley, Gilgamesh, Puck, Mikoto, Garland, Ruby, Quan, The Pluto Knights, Burmecia's Rat-King (:exdee:), Black Waltz No.2/No.3, Baku as King Leo

X: Jecht, Braska, and Auron in a flashback
Belgemine, Lenne, Dona & Barthello, Father Zuke, Isaaru & Maroda, Clasko, Lucil, Elma, Gatta, Luzzu, Brother, Cid, Rin, Biran, Yenke, Yojimbo & Daigoro, Magus Sisters

X-2: Jecht as an Aeon

XII: Ba'Gamnan, Venat, Al-Cid, Rasler (obv), Great-chief Uball-Ka

Forsaken Lover
03-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Back when I first played FFVII, a kid told me I could actually get Dyne in my party. I was so excited! I tried it several times.

i hate that kid.