PDA

View Full Version : Injustice: Gods Among Us

SuperMillionaire
03-04-2013, 04:10 PM
NetherRealm Studios, the new company who rebooted Mortal Kombat, is set to release its next fighting game, Injustice: Gods Among Us, which centers on DC Comics characters, on April 19th for PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii U. They previously released Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe in 2008 when they were still Midway.

Injustice will use the same engine as Mortal Kombat, but will take greater influences from various Japanese fighting games, such as BlazBlue and Street Fighter. One influence from BlazBlue is that every character has a special "gimmick" that can be activated by pressing a certain button. Other influences from Street Fighter are blocking being performed simply by holding back away from your opponent (there is no "block button" in this game like there is in Mortal Kombat), and the super meter being similar to that of Street Fighter IV. In addition, the game has two fighting style control schemes: one is the traditional Mortal Kombat style, and the other is a more Street Fighter-influenced style that uses inputs such as quarter and half circles on the D-pad.

The plot of the game is that Superman has turned evil after the Joker tricks him into accidentally killing his wife, Lois Lane, and their unborn child (the Joker himself also previously killed his best friend, Jimmy Olsen), and when Lois' heart stopped beating, it detonated a bomb that destroyed all of Metropolis. After this, Superman decides to adopt a "pay evil onto evil" policy and establishes a "new world order" in which he rules the world like a dictator, and Batman leads a resistance group.

CimminyCricket
03-04-2013, 04:52 PM
I want to pick up the comic tie in to that since I've always loved 'alternate universe' things. I was surprised to see that the Flash sided with Supes on this one considering the outlook at Wally usually has on how he deals with evil.

Mercen-X
03-07-2013, 05:10 AM
I love the idea of Wally being a bad guy. Not the Crime Syndicate version complete with australian accent, but an actual evil Wally-doer.

Freya
03-07-2013, 05:50 AM
I kinda want to preorder this at work cause you get the red son pack. Ya know if Superman landed in the Soviet union instead of kansas. That to me seems cool

SuperMillionaire
04-20-2013, 10:30 PM
I want to pick up the comic tie in to that since I've always loved 'alternate universe' things. I was surprised to see that the Flash sided with Supes on this one considering the outlook at Wally usually has on how he deals with evil.

The Flash in this game is Barry Allen, not Wally West. He initially sides with Superman's regime, but after realizing that it was "not what [he] signed up for," he defects to Batman's insurgency.

And it turns out that there are actually two worlds in the story of the game. As the war rages between Superman's regime and Batman's insurgency in the main regime world (Earth 1), the insurgency discovers an alternate universe (Earth 2) in which the destruction of Metropolis never happened, and they decide to transport some of that world's heroes to their own world in order to help them defeat the regime, because many of the superheroes with superpowers sided with Superman, and Batman's insurgency is mostly made up of non-superpowered heroes.

And in the "Red Son" DLC outfit pack, you also get costumes for Wonder Woman and Solomon Grundy.

NorthernChaosGod
04-21-2013, 01:17 AM
I kinda want to preorder this at work cause you get the red son pack. Ya know if Superman landed in the Soviet union instead of kansas. That to me seems cool

Are there going to be different packs based on where you preorder from? :colbert:

Laddy
04-22-2013, 06:24 PM
I can't tell if this at all interests me or not.