PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the Horror!!

Pheesh
03-06-2013, 12:33 PM
It was dark and spooky the other night and it got me to thinking about what the scariest moment of my life has been.

I would have to say that the worst was when I was living on a farm and my best friend and I were trekking across the field to go camping in the forest near our house. Basically half way across the field we got circled by...cows... Anyway, in retrospect not the scariest of animals, but they literally circled us and started closing in, and then this massive one came charging at us. We naturally ran screaming back toward the house, with a herd of cows chasing after us the whole way.

I also found a snake in my boot around the same time which was scary as hell, cause I used to be forced to check my boots every morning but didn't think that there was ever any reason, and one day a massive snake just flopped out and reared up.

Anyway, what's the most a'scared you've ever been?

Night Fury
03-06-2013, 12:34 PM
A snake in your boot? Are you Woody?

Pheesh
03-06-2013, 12:41 PM
I didn't believe that it actually happened until that moment. Once you move here you too can experience the joy of deadly creatures hiding in your footwear.

Night Fury
03-06-2013, 12:46 PM
D:

Scariest moment for me though was when I climbed into a cabin in Mexico to go to bed - there was like two 'floors' and the other girls were on the bottom and I wanted the top. So I climbed up the ladders and just as I reached the top a fucking huge, jet black moth flew right at my face. I could actually hear it's wings flapping. Even thinking of it now makes me feel completely and utterly sick. I hate moths. They are the fucking worst.

Jinx
03-06-2013, 12:50 PM
I have a lot of night terrors. They're shit. The worst one was in December, and it was literally the most terrifying thing that I've ever experienced. It reduced me to sobbing and refusing to sleep in my room the rest of the night.

So, I had woken up, and I was falling back to sleep. All of a sudden I felt like someone was in the room with me, and I heard carpet scuffs next to my bed, like someone was walking next to me. All of a sudden my body was paralyzed and I felt pins-and-needles all over. I then heard laughter, and an explosion of voices like there were 5 people in my room talking or something. I knew I had to force my eyes open for it to end, and when I did, there was a black figure of a human standing above me. When I blinked again, it was gone.

Yes, I believe in ghosts. And yes, I also understand the scientific aspect of night terrors, and I realize that what I experience is pretty common. But if you have them, you know that they're pretty scary and pretty awful, even if they are just dreams.

fire_of_avalon
03-06-2013, 01:35 PM
I startle very easily, so if you sneak up on me I'm apt to scream and either run or hit you. But as far as real fear... I guess the worst fright I had was actually a confirmation of sorts.

One time my first year of college I rolled over and woke up and "saw" a bearded young man standing in between mine and my roommate's bed. I looked at him for a while and then decided I was sleepy and dreaming. Then he moved. So I watched him for a while longer and he didn't do anything so I again decided I was crazy and rolled back over.

A few months later my roommate and I were talking about paranormal things and dreams and what not, and she said "Yeah one time I dreamed there was a man in here with a big beard, and it scared me."

I was like "......:stare:" We locked our door from then forward.

Aulayna
03-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Night Terrors fucking suck. Though I don't get them often but yeah, they're shitty.

As for Australia... the land of NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE. There's so many Nopes in such a small place that the country is ridiculously hot as mother nature tries to incinerate them all...

Bubba
03-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Any scene involving Tim Curry as Pennywise the Clown in 'Stephen King's IT'

Seriously though, I have got a particularly horrible true ghost story that happened to me which would rank as first. It's quite long-winded though and people would probably lose interest!

blackmage_nuke
03-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Any time my computer turns itself off. Especially if I was doing something important

Shorty
03-07-2013, 12:59 AM
I was like thirteen when Signs came out and it scared the trout out of me. My best friend and myself and some neighborhood kids were hanging out at night like juvenile delinquents when I swear to god, I saw something run across my neighbor's rooftop and my best friend swore she saw it too. We screamed and ran back in my back, abandoning the others to fend for themselves.

Other than that, Achilles bolting out the front door last summer and every time I've almost died in an almost car accident.

Pheesh
03-07-2013, 01:09 AM
Yeah, riding in a car with Shorty is pretty high on my list of terrifying experiences as well.

Shorty
03-07-2013, 01:10 AM
I am an excellent driver, I just got us lost a few times. :colbert:

Denmark
03-07-2013, 01:16 AM
Yeah, riding in a car with Shorty is pretty high on my list of terrifying experiences as well.

only almost got into 2 accidents

in a row

:<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3:

Shorty
03-07-2013, 01:17 AM
THAT WAS NOT MY FAULT AND YOU KNOW IT WE ALMOST DIED THAT NIGHT HOW COULD YOU

Denmark
03-07-2013, 01:18 AM
THAT'S WHY I'M POSTING ABOUT IT IN SCARY EXPERIENCE THREAD WE ALMOST DIED

TWICE

LIKE 30 SECONDS APART FROM EACH OTHER

Dixie
03-07-2013, 05:00 AM
Oh gosh, I remember when I was in 7th grade, I saw The Grudge 2 in theaters and I went to sleep over at a friend's house. I was really scared and I couldn't sleep, so I spent most of the night on her computer while she slept. Some quick info about the movie: before something really bad happened to someone, there was a weird creaking/gurgling sound that surrounded them. So at like, 2 in the morning, this really loud creaking noise slowly spread from one part of the ceiling all the way across the room, and like, hovered over me for a good 30 seconds.

I legitimately thought something awful was gonna happen to me, so I ran downstairs and called my mom and started crying. She picked me up and I (embarrassingly) fell asleep with my mom in her bed because I was too afraid to sleep by myself. I distinctly remember listening to Billy Joel's Piano Man on repeat for a month straight as I fell asleep because that night freaked me out so much. D:

Freya
03-07-2013, 05:56 AM
I rolled a truck when I was 17. That was pretty scary. There was that brief bit where it seemed like time froze as I was flipping through the air. All I could think was, "Grab your head. Protect your head. Grab your head!"

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-07-2013, 06:06 AM
Lesson of the thread: do not get in a car with Shorty.

Most recently, was my dream from last night where my cousin was possessed. O-o;

Ever? Probably that time I got chased by a bear, and no that the hairy-man kind.

Calliope
03-07-2013, 01:38 PM

It is definitely a hilariously terrifying montage of swearing, lane changes, and circling around and around, with many uses of the phrase "Umm, we'll just go this way!"

Man, this deserves its own thread. Or maybe a club. Can we form a survivor's secret society or something?

Pike
03-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Honestly the most scared I've ever been was when I found out that my dad was in the hospital for a major heart attack.

He (barely) survived but damn I booked it to the other end of town to get to the hospital in about two minutes.

Shiny
03-10-2013, 08:34 PM
We decided to go to this podunk town called Thompson, Pennsylvania. It's restaurant is called Restaurant, but it also has a Chinese restaurant Chinese Restaurant. They're really creative. There were also no Chinese people that work there and most of their food wasn't even Chinese food. I don't even know. There were dirt roads, and most people lived up in the woods far away from each other so I could tell this was going to be some Hills Have Eyes trout.

We ended up setting up at my friend's trailer. The trailer was surrounded by berries. As soon as we got in she said, "bears often come and eat most of these berries". Oh great.

So I decided since it was day we should do a little exploring instead of staying in bearville. We didn't venture far, but went across the river, which by the way was the creepiest river I have ever seen -- you couldn't see the bottom, it had a slight fog over it, and there were branches sticking out from below. Anyway, we made it to an abadoned campsite and decided to go in the makeshift building. There were bones everywhere, but mostly animal bones. Notice I say mostly animal bones because I swear to smurfing god I thought I saw a human skull. I jetted out of there so fast. My friend tried to assure me that it was probably the coyotes who inhabited this area, but that just freaked me out more. My other friend began to play with one of the skulls and dropped it -- making a loud noise. As soon as I heard that, I ran half way across the field only to realize I was going to the wrong way then had to embarrassingly jog all the way back to them.

At a seperate occasion we decided to canoe across the creepy river to a place called Deadman's Hill. You can't even make this trout up. It was a very steep hill seperated only by a large plain and trees on either side. Apparently many people get injured in the winter sledding down it. We saw lots of deer, but only echoes of coyotes so I was already uneasy. They wanted to go towards the hill, but I decided to stay by the river with one of the most muscular stereoid looking dogs I've ever seen and my friend's uncle who was shorter than me (I'm 5'1') and wearing cut off booty shorts. I don't even know.

Later on that night her booty shorts wearing uncle decided because he had a gun and fancy night vision googles, it would be a good idea to go exploring at night. My friend's mom was like "YEAH GREAT IDEA" and asked me if I wanted to come, but I shook my head rapidly against the idea so much so I gave myself whiplash.

They left and for sure I thought they were dead. My friend's brother even gave a fake ass eulogy, but they thankfully came back about an hour later and said I definitely need to go where they went in the morning.

And so we did. We ended venturing out more and saw these two rednecks (who were the only other people we saw the whole time there) catching frogs near the creepy river. One of the little boys looked like a more cracked out Drako Malfoy, but that's besides the point. We reached their destination and then he pointed to the ground showing the BEAR PAW PRINTS. I was like, "oh hells no" and got prepared to run because flight rather than fight seems to work better for me. Her uncle was all with his little self, "Oh don't worry I have a gun, me and my dog will protect you". Um, no.

They moved in closer while examining the area. I stayed back, and my friend started freaking out -- she thought she heard something. Then all of the sudden we heard a weird noise but it sounded like a cougar going, "YEEEAAAO" or something like that. Needless to say I wasn't even the first one running out of there. I looked back and my friend's brother was already running and pretty far. My friend and I darted and began to run after screaming, "HELP MEH HELP MEH PLEASE". The uncle and mom were confused and just stood there. We met them halfway back at the trailer and they laughed at us for being chickenhearted.

We didn't encounter anything potentially dangerous apart from coyotes thankfully, but that whole trip definitely left some memories and showed me that even I can be a pansy. I can't get over the fact that I kept thinking a cougar would come through the trailer window as I was sleeping on the floor near the window in the living room area. That's why till this day this picture is so funny to me:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/71/Cougar_Nevada.jpg

theundeadhero
03-11-2013, 06:19 PM
There was a dip in the land by the school in Memlah that was low enough for people to hide behind surrounded by rocky hills. One day, while two of my friends and I were around there looking to see if we could find anybody doing something they shouldn't be, two groups of people decided to hide in that dip. Then both groups decided to start shooting mortars at us. They very accurately shot mortars at us. All we could do at the time was run around in a random pattern of circles hoping one of the mortars didn't land close enough to kill us while we waited for more of our friends do get them to stop. It was by far the most terrifying thing I've experienced. For the next year a slamming door would scare the hell out of me and I still don't like sudden fireworks.