PDA

View Full Version : Author perspective vs. character perspective.

Greatermaximus
03-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Is there one to prefer here? I suppose this is why there's a narrator. Videos games don't need to use one. That's why we can only see the game from a certain angle besides the normal speculation.

Though lets admit once and for all people will/will not do something for any number of reasons. And there's some who can't.

Aulayna
03-07-2013, 04:48 PM
It's generally an idea to give people some context to stem discussion from rather than ambiguous conjecture stated as fact.

Though lets admit once and for all people will/will not do something for any number of reasons. And there's some who can't.

I see you're making more statements about conversations you seem to have had with yourself and have posted your conclusions/sweeping generalisations for us all to see again?

Don't get me wrong you seem to be trying to start quite interesting discussions but your wording is so vague that most people are going to be left think "what's the point this person is trying to make?"

It's like being given a 5,000 piece jigsaw to assemble without a reference picture. These threads would be far more fulfilling with a reference.

Bolivar
03-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Yeah I'm not really sure what the point you're trying to make is, mind elaborating a bit?

Greatermaximus
03-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Excuse my overthinking. I'd hate to think there's nothing left to talk about.

VeloZer0
03-13-2013, 10:22 PM
I don't think the issue here is the thinking so much as the communicating.