PDA

View Full Version : So how is everyone doing?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Shlup
03-11-2013, 06:26 AM
Thanks Daniel for inviting me back here to see how everyone is doing. It really has been that long! My avatar is so outdated...lol

A little update on me. I've been living in Korea now for the past 5 years teaching English to Elementary School kids. I really adapted to life well, and I might be here for a while. I've also turned vegetarian and I'm a full time animal rights activist.

Anyways, great to see some old faces. Hope everyone is well!
Yay, Cody! I have a really cute picture of you in my scrapbook. Your life sounds fun!

Towns, you're not even doing your job; this thread needs more Cody, Simon, Knox and Robbie.

Knox won't ever post here again. He still makes fun of me for it. :aimsad:

:mad2:

I'm just scared. A lot of people here remember a very different and much stupider young me. I've changed now, but that memory would be hard to shake, and I don't know if it's worth opening old wounds to show anyone, some of whom had very legitimate reasons to dislike me.

For what it's worth, I miss many of you, and this was the first place I felt a legitimate sense of community. I'm sorry I messed that up, and hope you can find a way to forgive me, because I still haven't fully forgiven myself.

(I live in Portland now and am doing well. On October 2nd, I will have lived here for 2 consecutive years, making it the longest I have ever lived anywhere as an adult.)
Chillax, you talk like you went around mutilating people's dogs or something.

Okay, Bob. Seriously. How many people have married or had children due to EoFF?

On another note, what terrible things have happened due to EoFF?
I was trying to keep track but I lost count. What are we at, seven? If you count BoB, that is. Just one kid though, I think. You gonna brag to Kim what a matchmaker you are? Ha

Crap PAUL KNOX posted? And I missed it? Why did I have to leave the house on my only day off?

In response to people getting married because of EoFF, I broke up with a girl because of EoFF... it only took me 4 years to listen to the people who told me she was not good for me before I disappeared from the internet almost entirely for those 4 years. But then because I broke up with her I met my wife. So I guess I got married because of EoFF in a weird way? (If you didn't see my livejournal post from a few years ago, then I'm sorry for acting like a total douche all those years ago)

I kinda miss being Gau.

Ahaha, that girl was crazy.

Big D
03-11-2013, 06:32 AM
I'm also curious just to pose a general question to everyone: do you find time to attend other forums, or is EoFF just about your last stop of forum-going in an age that's really social media focused? Just wonderin'EoFF's the only forum for me anymore, and it'd be a real stretch to say I 'frequent' this place. Aside from that, I try to give LiveJournal some lovin' from time to time, but in the end it's Facebook that gets most of the attention. And that's only 'cause basically everyone uses it, so it's handy for social organisation, and keeping track of friends who've gone far and wide.

When it comes to actual forums, though, this place is still on top, and it's all because of the good mix of good people.

I seriously lack the spoons to stay active on a regular basis though. Having an actual home life and a reasonably stressful office job combine to leave relatively little energy or inclination... that might need to change though.

Raistlin
03-11-2013, 06:51 AM
skanker! Good to hear from you, and congrats about the wedding. And I'm a lawyer now too! Where are you living, and what kind of law do you practice?

Hey, man. Thanks! And, congrats on the lawyering. I'm a Work Comp attorney in LA (Los Angeles, that is), and not actually a hotshot. Ideally I would be a tax attorney at some point, but we'll see how that goes. How about yourself? For some reason I always thought you were way younger than me, which would mean you couldn't possibly be a lawyer (although at the time you were probably 14 and I was 15, which is a humungous difference at that age).

I'm 25 now. I think I'm a couple years younger than you, which yes, was a much bigger difference 13 years ago. :p I'm a criminal attorney, working at a public defender's office in Maryland, and I just applied for a position in the appellate division. I am having a lot of fun.

I took Federal Income Tax in law school, and it about made me want to blow my brains out. Good luck with that, though.

Alixsar
03-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Man. Reading through this thread makes me realize how I never really got to know any of you, and nobody really knew me.

You know, I went through a bout of this a few years back. Through total happenstance, I ended up meeting Azar in SF once. I didn't recognize him from my EoFF days and it made start thinking about this. While there certainly were some people I knew really REALLY well back in the day, the overwhelming majority of people didn't know me at all. I mean, Dr Unne (what, you've never heard of him?), edczxcvbnm, Coach, Halan, Cid, RSL etc. ...these are all names I can clearly recognize. I remember all of these names, but I don't know anything about the people behind them, you know?

I mean, I was friggin' 14 when I signed up for this place. In a few months, I'll have been a member here for half of my life. That's absurd. Despite a brief return in...2006ish, I haven't really been an active member of EoFF in a long, long time. The me you all knew is dead and gone, and has been for some time. I'm older, maturer, wiser, less of dick (still kind of a dick though)...I mean, A LOT has gone down since I was some chubby insecure high school kid on the internet, you know?

It's kind of embarrassing, actually! I look back on some of the stuff I said back in the EoFF days and it's just like...ugh. Who was that guy? But hey; that was high school. My ten year high school reunion is coming up this year, but in a weird way, it wouldn't be complete if there wasn't an EoFF reunion. And now there is! This thread is a time portal to a very specific time.

It's nice to see everyone is doing well for the most part. And it's amazing to see how many babies/marriages etc. came out of this place. That's crazy! Earlier in the thread someone mentioned that EoFF came along at a time when the internet was still in it's infancy, and I don't think you can have a community like what we had back in the day. I miss that.

More specifically, they provided an outlet to the nerds and weirdos and awkward teenagers who had trouble fitting in at school--it was the first time those people could reach outside their own neighborhoods and from relationships with other people like them.

Eyes on Final Fantasy was certainly that for me, to some extent, but I think the need for those sorts of outlets lessens with each passing year.

Yeah, pretty much!

Random Thoughts (in order of appearance):

Alex! Hi buddy.

Hey dude! What's up?

Alixsar!

Yay you're here, and we will consider the name Alex :)

Oh man, yes! Most people just dismiss me outright when I suggest naming their kid after me. Plus, if you name your kid Alexander, then that means that he'd be pretty...great. :cool:

Tell Evan I say hi! Wait he can see this. Hey dude!

- Am I the only one who's freaking out that Jojo is a LAWYER? All I remember of Jojo is basically a nonstop blitz of sugar, caps lock, and pink. And now she's a lawyer. wtfdfhjkhaksjla

Then again, I'm going to be a nurse, and I "hate everything". So I guess that's kind of crazy too. Life: It's F-ing Crazy, Yo™. Also, hey Jojo! Dude, you're a lawyer! Whattttttttt

*stuff*

Matt! Matt. This is important. I owe you five dollars. WAY back, Livejournal had a thing where you had to pay 5 dollars to register or whatever, and you gave me some...like, you paid the five dollars I guess? I don't know, but somehow I was able to get a LJ because you did something that otherwise would've required me to pay five dollars. So I owe you a fiver, I think? I never forgot. I told you I wouldn't and I didn't.

Also hey dude, what's up?!

I gotta get Jewels to post!

Yes you do!

I'm playing Fire Emblem on 3DS right now

BOU! BOU! First of all, you're right. FE Awakening is the first JRPG I've truly cared about in, like, ten years. It's amazing.

Second, okay...so...do you remember these mp3s you made? They were, like, sketches? There was one where you "reviewed" Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, and another where a guy was giving an audio book report and then "part of his head came off"? Because I showed them to a friend at the time, and we STILL to this day (as in, two days when I last saw him) make jokes about how God damn hilarious those were. But that was several computers ago so I lost the actual files. I just want you to know, that those random internet sketches you made live on...in our hearts.

- Also, SITAAAAAA Omgggggg get back to Australia and update us, yo.

- As far as other forums go, there is one I post on now...and I like it for the most part. In a lot of ways, it's EoFF v2.0 It's essentially what EoFF was but with an older crowd. At the same time, a lot of the people there I just flat out don't like and have to hold my tongue at times. It's still cool and all (and there's actually a surprising number of EoFF expatriates there), but it's just not...I mean, it's great, but it's not what EoFF was back in the day. But I don't know if anything can ever be that again, you know?

Freya
03-11-2013, 07:00 AM
EoFF has created too many lawyers.

Alixsar
03-11-2013, 07:04 AM
Fun Fact™: I was almost a lawyer too.

Freya
03-11-2013, 07:19 AM
Thank goodness you didn't become one! You'd be like raistlin and who wants to be like him, ick!

Chickencha
03-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Tell Evan I say hi! Wait he can see this. Hey dude!

Hey! No promises either way about that Alex thing. ;)

Oh, I guess I'd better say something besides "Hey". I wouldn't consider myself to be a part of any forum these days. I read a few subreddits and Hacker News and occasionally comment. I get involved in open source software here and there, but that's a very different sort of community.

Like others have said, EoFF helped me get through my awkward teenage years. I didn't really need it anymore as I got settled into college. That's not to say I don't miss some of you, but I've never been very good at keeping in touch with people.

Little Miss Awesome
03-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Ahoy hoy :) Nice to see so many old faces. I'm a bit late to the party but, another EoFF marriage over here. Primus Inter Pares and I got married last year after dating for 6 years. We're living in Norway and we have a daughter. I'm currently doing the stay-at-home parent thing until she's a bit older.

Rirse
03-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Might as well stop by as well. Man it been 13 years since I joined this message board...and probably haven't really posted here in about a decade. Got a message the other day that Cid came back and I had to drop by since I honestly enjoyed this message board and didn't now I joined this early. Go figure, I don't even like Final Fantasy that much anymore. I tried playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 and preceed to sell it after watching KFJ's LP of it show how dumb it got.

Anyway, not much really happen with me since leaving other then joining Something Awful and being part of the Let's Play community there since the humble beginning. That and probably the largest Steam game collection you would ever know. Feel free to add me as Rirse

Alixsar
03-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Oh no it Rirse

Dr Unne
03-11-2013, 09:14 AM
I too have a serious case of "Look at all the names here that I recognize, yet I have no idea who these people are". Maybe partly due to my failing memory in my old age, partly due to not having been that close to begin with. That's OK. Think of all the people you grew up with, perhaps spent 5 days a week with in school from the age of 6 to 18. Then you lose touch with them for a few years and meet up again and they're strangers to you. It's no surprise that it happens so easily with people on a message board. People change fast.

But we all have a shared history of being EoFFers. That's one more thing than we all have in common with all of the other strangers in the world. It can be a springboard to form new relationships now, for anyone who wants one. Those new relationships might last, or not, but that's OK too.

Enjoy the brief time you have with people while you have it. Move on if it's time to move on. What else is there? It can still be meaningful even if it's only temporary.

(The fact that everyone seems to have turned out so well after all this time is probably because of selection bias. The people who didn't turn out well aren't going to post here, because they don't have internet, or they're passed out in a ditch somewhere or in prison or dead.)

Pike
03-11-2013, 10:17 AM
probably the largest Steam game collection you would ever know.

View and search all 1,325 games

1,325 games

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7xxa8ucmD1qjqjmt.jpg

I HAVE BEEN BESTED

All of my hats are off to you, good sir.

Loony BoB
03-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Just need to dig up Yams now.
I hope you're making progress, but I am worried that you need to dig him up.

Man. Reading through this thread makes me realize how I never really got to know any of you, and nobody really knew me.

Guess 12 years later is a good enough time to change that!
Damn straight! And I knew a lot of you to very varying degrees. It all came down to little things sometimes - a phonecall when I'd just split from a girlfriend from someone I didn't know on a really personal level, for example. These kind of things would and probably still do happen at EoFF. We were there for each other, even if we weren't best of friends, we had that trust and intimacy amongst each other which would go a very long way to building our character. EoFF helped us become who we are, so it may not be a case of needing to know someone as a best friend, but knowing the community of good, quality people at your age that could help you pull through maturing times which can be tricky at best and traumatising at worst.

Nice! I actually am probably the worst person at using Twitter, it just don't grasp my interest. Shame, because a lot of you guys are active on it! I should keep track more.
Yeah, Twitter isn't nearly as personal as Facebook. Because of Facebook, this thread is what it is. Gotta give credit where it's deserved!

EDIT: Who officiated? =oTeek 8)
That is awesome. Also, from the comment to Hsuhu, it sounds like your wife is awesome. Good job, man. :D

God, I missed you guys. I spent so much time here, learned so much. Grew pretty much into who I am today thanks to you all. I love what you helped me be! All the good memories. I'm so happy to see everyone here.

This pretty much sums up my position as well.

This place is definitely a different thing than it was for me 10-15 years ago, but it doesn't change the fact that I needed it and it was a huge part of my life at one point. It was also probably a hindrance on me, as instead of going to high school football games or playing basketball, I was eager to get home and log on to EoFF. Probably not the most healthy priorities.
I dunno - EoFF might seem like a bad way to spend time when you think of it as wasting away the days on the internet, but during that time you probably gained a huge amount of social skills, learning about things from around the world, meeting people from all corners of the globe, educating yourself in other's cultures, even simply mingling with like-minded people and learning about bands you wouldn't have listened to otherwise... stuff like this can develop someone to a massive degree at such an age and just because you didn't play basketball doesn't mean you haven't gained in other ways. In the long run, everything that you did in life lead to where you are today, and in your case, you can say not only did it lead to changes in your own life but also changes in others, which is a pretty wonderful thing when you look at this thread.

Okay, Bob. Seriously. How many people have married or had children due to EoFF?
Chickencha & Rinoabella - with a baby on the way!
Calliope & Spuuky
RSL & Sapphiresea
Dr Unne & Skye-chan
Little Miss Awesome & Primus Inter Pares - with a daughter!
Del Murder & Miriel
Loony BoB & smittenkitten... soon.

Forgive me if I've missed anyone. I'm certain I've forgotten a couple in this list. Some of them I'm not 100% certain (in that I don't know if they met at EoFF or before EoFF on another site) on so I've left them off this list... eg. Lynx & Kali.

Breakups, probably. But not so much because of EoFF, so much as the people not being right for each other... I've yet to hear about a breakup that came about purely because of EoFF (eg. "You spend too much time on that bloody site!").

I have really slipped off the radar here at EoFF. I guess it's something to do with my interest shifting from Final Fantasy. I'm likely gonna buy Lightning Returns, but frankly...I'm doing it less because I *WANT* to, and more because the ending of FFXIII-2 left a REAL sour taste in my mouth, and I do hope to get a somewhat positive ending off of it.
Haha, I know what you mean. But I really liked FFXIII-2 up until the ending, at least, if only because the gameplay was fantastic.

- As far as other forums go, there is one I post on now...and I like it for the most part. In a lot of ways, it's EoFF v2.0 It's essentially what EoFF was but with an older crowd.
So, basically it's what EoFF is now, since we're all older. xD The average age of EoFFers has definitely gone up considerably since ten years ago. I'd say it's in the mid 20's now, at a guess.

Ahoy hoy :) Nice to see so many old faces. I'm a bit late to the party but, another EoFF marriage over here. Primus Inter Pares and I got married last year after dating for 6 years. We're living in Norway and we have a daughter. I'm currently doing the stay-at-home parent thing until she's a bit older.
Amy! I wasn't 100% certain if you two got married or not, so I'm really glad you stopped by to clear that up. Also, massive congrats on your daughter. How old?

I too have a serious case of "Look at all the names here that I recognize, yet I have no idea who these people are". Maybe partly due to my failing memory in my old age, partly due to not having been that close to begin with. That's OK. Think of all the people you grew up with, perhaps spent 5 days a week with in school from the age of 6 to 18. Then you lose touch with them for a few years and meet up again and they're strangers to you. It's no surprise that it happens so easily with people on a message board. People change fast.

But we all have a shared history of being EoFFers. That's one more thing than we all have in common with all of the other strangers in the world. It can be a springboard to form new relationships now, for anyone who wants one. Those new relationships might last, or not, but that's OK too.

Enjoy the brief time you have with people while you have it. Move on if it's time to move on. What else is there? It can still be meaningful even if it's only temporary.
:<3: You are one of the best, man. This post is all kinds of wonderful.

Raistlin
03-11-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm pretty sure Lynx and Kalilung did not meet through EoFF.

Mikztsu
03-11-2013, 01:01 PM
That's not to say I don't miss some of you, but I've never been very good at keeping in touch with people.

I own this same awful trait. And also, I'm always where ever I am needed most. All hail Bruckner.

Ashi
03-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Don't worry about us. BoB will keep EoFF going until he is dead. He may be 85, senile, and the last survivor of World War 4, but he'll be here. Speaking of nuclear holocausts, do you look at EoFF in the same way that Einstein viewed the atomic bomb, in a "What hath I wrought?" kind of a way?

Just started reading this thread and couldn't get past this post without laughing out loud :P

I will read more and respond as I go along. At times I really do just sit and reminisce about the good times I've spent here and the memorable people I've gotten to know along the way!

Mikztsu
03-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Also to answer BoB's question, EoFF was really my first and last really active Fora I been active to. Excluded FFXI days Linkshell forum or something, but they never were anything alike anyhow.

Rantz
03-11-2013, 01:08 PM

That soup thread was already linked, right?

Night Fury
03-11-2013, 01:10 PM

*Hi fives the fellow northerner*

Loony BoB
03-11-2013, 01:10 PM
The soup thread is glorious and everything that is right about EoFF. Well, aside from people disagreeing with me, of course. Of course.

Kath! <3

EDIT: I have nudged Locky to posting in this thread. The other Locky. Just to confuse myself.

Night Fury
03-11-2013, 01:12 PM
There's another Locky?

Pheesh
03-11-2013, 01:14 PM
This is the only Forum I frequent anymore. Before this I used to be active on a couple of writing/RP boards but I just don't have the drive/time to do that anymore. As others have said, EoFF is special.

Shauna
03-11-2013, 01:14 PM
There's another Locky?

When did you change your name? xD

Night Fury
03-11-2013, 01:15 PM
There's another Locky?

When did you change your name? xD

Yesterday ^.^

Shauna
03-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Cool. I was concerned it'd been a while, and my expert ability to not notice anything was surfacing again. xD

Ashi
03-11-2013, 01:17 PM

Soup??????!?!

Pheesh
03-11-2013, 01:18 PM

Soup??????!?!

Don't do it to yourself...

Shauna
03-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Soup. (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/149117-soup.html) It is a horrible thread.

Ashi
03-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Soup. (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/149117-soup.html) It is a horrible thread.

LOL! It reminds me of a previous thread but judging by some of the responses, this is more of a debate!

Loony BoB
03-11-2013, 01:23 PM
There's another Locky?

A long, long time ago. I think I may have been the only person who called him Locky, though.

Mikztsu
03-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Might as well stop by as well. Man it been 13 years since I joined this message board...and probably haven't really posted here in about a decade. Got a message the other day that Cid came back and I had to drop by since I honestly enjoyed this message board and didn't now I joined this early. Go figure, I don't even like Final Fantasy that much anymore. I tried playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 and preceed to sell it after watching KFJ's LP of it show how dumb it got.

Anyway, not much really happen with me since leaving other then joining Something Awful and being part of the Let's Play community there since the humble beginning. That and probably the largest Steam game collection you would ever know. Feel free to add me as Rirse

Oh no, it Rirse!

LOL! It reminds me of a previous thread but judging by some of the responses, this is more of a debate!

Edit: zomfg hi Kathy *__*

James Latimer Cockney Rebel
03-11-2013, 02:26 PM
I actually only looked at the first and most recent posts so far.

Holy shiet, it's Mik.

Has Naitsirk posted yet?

Green little shiet =PppPPpPpPpPp

But seriously *huggles*

We can still say that right?

DK
03-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Hahahah J what are you doing posting that is terrible. I thought you were better than that. :(

also Father I am so happy to see you I love you. :heart:

Mikztsu
03-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Still have that sig OWA. :D Son, I am glad to see you're not dead! <3

I think the Locky Daniel is talking about is Silverlocke?

Loony BoB
03-11-2013, 02:56 PM
You are correct, Sir. :D

Joe Keen <3

No luck with Nait, I've definitely tried. :(

Mikztsu
03-11-2013, 03:08 PM

Joe Keen <3

I remember Nait started to create his own language, with new alphabet and all. Maybe the nutter still busy with that?:love:

Ashi
03-11-2013, 03:16 PM

Edit: zomfg hi Kathy *__*

Hehe hi mikztsu!

Shoeberto
03-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Oh, I guess I'd better say something besides "Hey". I wouldn't consider myself to be a part of any forum these days. I read a few subreddits and Hacker News and occasionally comment. I get involved in open source software here and there, but that's a very different sort of community.

Like others have said, EoFF helped me get through my awkward teenage years. I didn't really need it anymore as I got settled into college. That's not to say I don't miss some of you, but I've never been very good at keeping in touch with people.
What sort of open source stuff do you do? We may hover around some of the same circles.

But yeah I think that's how it happened for me. Once I left Fayetteville for Dayton I went through a lot of stuff and came into a very different life. This thread's been a big ol' nostalgia punch-in-the-gut. It makes me feel a little guilty for being so reclusive, but at the same time it's been a good reminder of the place that I spent so much time at while growing up.

(I wonder if EoFF is almost 1:1 in putting out lawyers and programmers)

Danni
03-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Simon/C2K shows up occasionally on msn, if I see him the next few days, I'll forward him BoB's message. I'm pretty sure he was on FB, but it seems he closed his account or changed the name or something.
I can ask Danni and Phoenix as well, but I'm almost certain I know their answer already.
Do all of these things! I live in hope.

Ask nicely and ye shall receive! ;) Also, I feel like I'm one of the very few people who didn't come here because you badgered me in to it. Rather, Raf is the one on whom I am placing all of the blame for this.

This thread is a mess!

A hot mess!

WHERE IS WYLLIUS?

I second this! This thread requires more mad scientist.

This is the most ridiculous attack of nostalgia I can ever remember experiencing, good gods. It's nice to see this place is still kicking and that it retains the ability to suck me in like a black hole and cause me to read 30+ page threads.

Hey there Mik, Dan, Proto, Kath, Matt, Halan, Kalen, Caliope, Alex and everyone else I'm too lazy to list. And hello to those of you who I sort of, kind of remember but not entirely because you've all changed your names and icons and it has nothing at all to do with the fact that I haven't been here in years. I've been sitting here like someone's grandmother squinting at your names and icons like that's going to help job my memory. I'm very obviously suffering from caffeine deprivation right now. :mad:

Misfit
03-11-2013, 04:17 PM
I just went looking for Misfit and I hope she posts here because I miss her and also cause god damn, she's had some major life events!

Oh, hi!

Okay, bye! :love:

Mikztsu
03-11-2013, 04:20 PM
I just went looking for Misfit and I hope she posts here because I miss her and also cause god damn, she's had some major life events!

Oh, hi!

What was that ridiculous bird smiley, you remember Misfit? And so good to hear from you Danni. :)

Agent Proto
03-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Hey Danni, Kath, and everyone I missed! Great to see you all back! :D Hopefully you will stick around long enough to get reacquainted!

Goldenboko
03-11-2013, 05:23 PM
One day 10 years from now I'll Facebook all my EoFF friends to come back and visit for 3 days and have all the e-popularity like BoB.

Calliope
03-11-2013, 05:43 PM
But seriously *huggles*

We can still say that right?

OMG, I haven't heard that in so long. Hi!

This is the most ridiculous attack of nostalgia I can ever remember experiencing, good gods. It's nice to see this place is still kicking and that it retains the ability to suck me in like a black hole and cause me to read 30+ page threads.

Hi Danni! I like your paintings. You're one of the people I considered pestering on FaceBook, but I'm too shy because I feel like people will just say "Wtf, I have a life now, go away"

Is anyone going to get Logan to post?

I have carpal tunnel halp D:

So far disappointed with the lack of eestlinc and Yams.

How's the digging going? Sometimes I wonder what Greg is up to.

I'm not likely to attend any high school reunion, so this is just as good, and the food is better.

theundeadhero
03-11-2013, 05:46 PM
I haven't felt close to anybody on this website in <i>years</i>. There's still some people who I enjoy reading their posts but I don't really talk to anyone on Facebook or MSN or anything anymore. That's mostly why I drifted away when I did and only check this place every now and then. Too young for the super-oldbies in here - way too old for the current generation. Aw hell, I'm in the EOFF middle-child group. xD There's no other forums I visit but I used to check out GHF and posted three or four times at Psy's old forum when it was open.

(...)and the food is better. Except for the soup.

Shorty
03-11-2013, 05:47 PM
omg jimes posted ;________________;

Alive-Cat
03-11-2013, 07:06 PM
I am extremely interested :heart:

Psychotic
03-11-2013, 07:15 PM

Oh, hi!

What was that ridiculous bird smiley, you remember Misfit? And so good to hear from you Danni. :)Holy shit, the smiling bird. :>) And damn you Shalyn tell me about your important life events now! :colbert:

And as for you, Alive-Man... :doublecolbert:

Shiny
03-11-2013, 07:15 PM
ALIVE-MAN WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE

Danni
03-11-2013, 07:31 PM
What was that ridiculous bird smiley, remember Misfit? And so good to hear from you Danni. :)

You too! It's really been way too long. I can't believe people put you in charge of things - don't they know better?

I think I still have that video you, wyl and pieman made for my birthday like 10 years ago kicking around on a cd someplace. Ha ha.

Hi Danni! I like your paintings. You're one of the people I considered pestering on FaceBook, but I'm too shy because I feel like people will just say "Wtf, I have a life now, go away"

I thought we were already friends on that evil time-suck contraption. :-P Pester me any old time, if I'm busy I just don't go online. Because if I do, nothing gets done!

Misfit
03-11-2013, 07:33 PM

Oh, hi!

What was that ridiculous bird smiley, you remember Misfit? And so good to hear from you Danni. :)Holy shit, the smiling bird. :>) And damn you Shalyn tell me about your important life events now! :colbert:

And as for you, Alive-Man...:doublecolbert:

Oh ho ho the smiling bird, yes! :>) I'm so glad dammy and you remembered it! I'm so happy now... :')

I got married 2 1/2 years ago, I met Alice (agrias) and she gave me her seed, I bore her daughter Alice JR February 9th of this year...

Alice doesn't call me anymore... :'(

Shorty
03-11-2013, 07:35 PM
hiii Shaybear :love:

Mindflare
03-11-2013, 08:02 PM

Joe Keen <3

I remember Nait started to create his own language, with new alphabet and all. Maybe the nutter still busy with that?:love:

The four languages he was already fluent in weren't enough? I miss that guy. You and Nait would always teach us awful/amazing things in Finnish. Things I still remember and giggle about.

Mikztsu
03-11-2013, 08:02 PM

Oh, hi!

What was that ridiculous bird smiley, you remember Misfit? And so good to hear from you Danni. :)Holy trout, the smiling bird. :>) And damn you Shalyn tell me about your important life events now! :colbert:

Oh ho ho the smiling bird, yes! :>) I'm so glad dammy and you remembered it! I'm so happy now... :')

I got married 2 1/2 years ago, I met Alice (agrias) and she gave me her seed, I bore her daughter Alice JR February 9th of this year...

It was Shorty who reminded me of some sort of weird bird smiley yesterday. Still couldn't remember what the smurf it was. Not untill Psycho reminded me of it. Hahah really lolled here. How the trout I could forget the smurfing smiling bird. :>)

Joe Keen <3

The four languages he was already fluent in weren't enough? I miss that guy. You and Nait would always teach us awful/amazing things in Finnish. Things I still remember and giggle about.

Yeah Nait spoke four back then, now he's likely doing double digits. :) plus the language of his own so he can teach awful things to everyone.

Agrias
03-11-2013, 08:31 PM

Oh, hi!

What was that ridiculous bird smiley, you remember Misfit? And so good to hear from you Danni. :)Holy trout, the smiling bird. :>) And damn you Shalyn tell me about your important life events now! :colbert:

Um, i email you hundreds of times AT WORK, and i whatsapp you when i'm not at work which is never.
I STILL LOVE YOU WHY WONT YOU MARRY ME!?

Rirse
03-11-2013, 10:19 PM
For some of the older members in this thread who never really left and changed their names, can you post what you used to go by? I'm already confused by Big Umaro on Steam to the point I can't remember what he going by , and it even tougher to determine whom some of the old members are.

Shorty
03-11-2013, 10:23 PM

Oh, hi!

It was Shorty who reminded me of some sort of weird bird smiley yesterday. Still couldn't remember what the smurf it was. Not untill Psycho reminded me of it. Hahah really lolled here. How the trout I could forget the smurfing smiling bird. :>)

the smiling bird, I hate him so much xD

Agent Proto
03-11-2013, 11:02 PM
For some of the older members in this thread who never really left and changed their names, can you post what you used to go by? I'm already confused by Big Umaro on Steam to the point I can't remember what he going by , and it even tougher to determine whom some of the old members are.

It's Rirse! :D Hey there!

Leeza
03-11-2013, 11:10 PM
I have to say that I am very proud of everyone here. EoFF is made up of some of the best human beings in the world. Over the years, and especially after being made a CK and then later an Admin, I got to think of all of you as my 'EoFF internet kids'. Of course some of you are before even my time here and don't know who I am. However, it is now awesome to see how you've all ended up 12 years later. Still some of the best human beings in the world with kids of your own, contributing to society, etc., etc. Love you all. I had a great time here. You're all good people. :) :cat:

XxSephirothxX
03-11-2013, 11:12 PM
EoFF has created too many lawyers.
Judging by how many lawyers and nurses and other professionals we have here now, it seems like the members of EoFF are in a better position than ever before to ruin lives. I like it.

If you look at someone's profile, the "about me" tab shows former usernames. I'm not sure they're there for everyone.

I'd kind of like a forum skin to include that information under the avatar, just so I could keep track of it, myself. Half the posts I look at I wonder "do I know this person?"

(The fact that everyone seems to have turned out so well after all this time is probably because of selection bias. The people who didn't turn out well aren't going to post here, because they don't have internet, or they're passed out in a ditch somewhere or in prison or dead.)
Best summary of an Internet social life I've ever seen, I think. It is a wonderful common ground to have, I think, and one that works much like having come from the same town as someone else or whatever it is we use to form bonds.

The flip side of your first example, though, is when you have intense, close relationships with people--in person or online--and let them fade for one reason or another. But then you see them again and it's just like old times, like that time didn't pass and you're still good friends and relate to each other the way you did when you were kids. That doesn't always happen, obviously, and no one's going to relate to this place exactly the same way they did when they were 16.

But some of those bonds are for life.

Loony BoB
03-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Rirse, let me know of some names from the old times that you can remember, and I'll do what I can to let you know if they are still posting and under what name. :D

Rirse
03-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Rirse, let me know of some names from the old times that you can remember, and I'll do what I can to let you know if they are still posting and under what name. :D

Cool. And also hey there Loony Bob and Agent Proto. Also wow my signature until a few minutes ago was OLD since all the images and the site it linked to are long dead.

Mikztsu
03-12-2013, 12:24 AM

Cool. And also hey there Loony Bob and Agent Proto. Also wow my signature until a few minutes ago was OLD since all the images and the site it linked to are long dead.

Rirse, you are needed in this topic. :) http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/149158-how-big-your-steam-library-3.html#post3227981

I just remembered...Atrast! Everyone hide!

Del Murder
03-12-2013, 03:17 AM
How's the digging going? Sometimes I wonder what Greg is up to.
I may need a bigger shovel to find that guy.

Knox
03-12-2013, 03:33 AM
Chillax, you talk like you went around mutilating people's dogs or something.

Nothing that severe, and I know it reads melodramatic. But I did hurt a lot of people due to overwhelming self absorption and a callous disregard for anyone that was not me, or couldn't benefit me in some way. And I get that a lot of things like this are already in the past for people - it's just hard for me personally knowing that I was that way, and knowing that even if they're over it or have forgiven me, there's still that lingering memory in people's minds of this old me who did these bad things and was this bad person, who I put down in 07 but still can't fully get rid of.

I wish I could make more sense - it's been a long day - but that is why I haven't tried to reconnect for the most part. And when I have, I have generally been met with polite but cold responses, which I must accept, because I understand - basically, a "I forgive you for who you were, but I don't want to know who you have become" - and if Daniel hadn't told me my name had been brought up I probably would have stayed away.

tl;dr of all this is if you and I used to be friends and you want to reconnect, I am absolutely receptive, but for the most part I can't initiate while I've still got this cloud of guilt. It will feel like an imposition and I have imposed enough for one life.

Crap PAUL KNOX posted? And I missed it? Why did I have to leave the house on my only day off?

<3 I actually go by Gene now, since 07 or 08 actually! Paul has some baggage with it that I'm kinda trying to leave behind. :) I miss you and hope you're well! My AIM is the same as ever, I can't stop using the thing.

Shorty
03-12-2013, 03:40 AM
I know that things are a little bit slow around here right now and that EoFF isn't to it's former glory, and it never will be. A lot has changed since many of you have been here but it's still the same EoFF, just with different faces.

We all get busy and stuff, and lord knows we all have personal lives (what's that) but I would love to see some of the older faces around here more often. This was a nice surprise (thanks towns even though you didn't include me you giant steamroller) and you guys are missed and you are definitely loved.

m4tt
03-12-2013, 03:58 AM
Matt! Matt. This is important. I owe you five dollars. WAY back, Livejournal had a thing where you had to pay 5 dollars to register or whatever, and you gave me some...like, you paid the five dollars I guess? I don't know, but somehow I was able to get a LJ because you did something that otherwise would've required me to pay five dollars. So I owe you a fiver, I think? I never forgot. I told you I wouldn't and I didn't.

Hey guy, I'm trying to remember that, but my memory is horrible on certain things. I could tell you anything about the electric system or where to find almost anything in WoW, but I dunno. Let's just say don't worry about it. ;)

But reading your post reminded me of stuff that I wanted to say. I sometimes look back on my old LiveJournal entries and think, what was wrong with me? Man I was a spazz sometimes. (or all the time) I also feel like I took my Cid's Knight "job" way too seriously sometimes which cause me to miss out on a lot of fun at this place. I like to think that I've always been a pretty nice person, but man was I a dick sometimes.

So anyway, I've grown up a ton (even though I was already an adult practically when I started here) over the last few years. Having a kid did that for me. I'm still pretty immature for my age, but I'd say I'm doing a few things right now. I'd still say that one of my biggest regrets in my life was how I "left" this community the first time back in 2005, and how I just blew off all the people who I had gotten to know over the course of 5 years. All for a stupid girl. How dumb.

And Gene, I'm doing well. I hope you are as well. I don't have AIM anymore but you can hit me up on email if you wanna catch up. I think it's in my profile, if not I'll put it there. :p

And also, Hi Leeza! I forgot to say hi, so hi. And T-money and Miriel too! I remember playing FFIX with you guys, those were the days.

Silverlocke
03-12-2013, 04:12 AM
Currently I live in Toronto and I'm a professional left-winger. Also, I'm 28 years old. Coming back here feels like when I tried playing FF7 again a couple of years ago. Their hands are squares! How did I ever focus on anything other than their stupid square hands?

Now that the great internet reformation is underway, it's easy to see that this place was way ahead of its time. Since I was going to be an internet person for my teen years, I'm glad that I landed in the place that wasn't a haven for angry misogynistic scummery. Made for a soft landing when high school was over and it was time to move on. Also, nowadays a good 1/3 of my friends' relationships started on OKCupid, so all you couples that started because of EoFF were ahead of your time too.

Once a year or so a couple of my high school friends and I subway uptown to the area I grew up to wander around and reminisce. This thread is like seeing a whole lot of people doing that all at once. So, thanks for the message, Daniel. This is nice.

Also, what's with you people and having children? I hope I never understand the appeal of those things.

Asorie
03-12-2013, 06:46 AM
I suppose since the rest of you oldbies are giving status updates, I might as well. As I said previously, I've been married since 2005. I found the perfect husband (he thinks leveling up is "the fun part" of RPGs), and after a desperate bid to flee the Midwest for a while and drink lots of really excellent beer in Seattle, we have returned to Minnesota, where my husband's from, to drink excellent beer in Minneapolis instead.

As some of you will no doubt be much relieved to hear, I am neither a lawyer nor a nurse, nor will I be spawning any rugrats. *shudder* So by day I work in corporate grocery merchandising (job hunting in a new city in the midst of a recession = TOTALLY AWESOME) and by night I am the local food preservation expert, kind of DIY-crazy, and am heavily involved in the urban agriculture movement. I'm working on my Braille transcription certification, a book on pressure canning, and improving my aim a tad more to qualify for rifleman, at the moment, because apparently I wasn't scary enough before.

I'm a complete video game luddite -- I don't play many of these newfangled 3D-looking talking games you kids are all into now, where you have to interact with actual people to play, but I do still hook up the SNES every so often to give the older games a play-through.

Nothing that severe, and I know it reads melodramatic. But I did hurt a lot of people due to overwhelming self absorption and a callous disregard for anyone that was not me, or couldn't benefit me in some way. And I get that a lot of things like this are already in the past for people - it's just hard for me personally knowing that I was that way, and knowing that even if they're over it or have forgiven me, there's still that lingering memory in people's minds of this old me who did these bad things and was this bad person, who I put down in 07 but still can't fully get rid of.

I wish I could make more sense - it's been a long day - but that is why I haven't tried to reconnect for the most part. And when I have, I have generally been met with polite but cold responses, which I must accept, because I understand - basically, a "I forgive you for who you were, but I don't want to know who you have become" - and if Daniel hadn't told me my name had been brought up I probably would have stayed away.

tl;dr of all this is if you and I used to be friends and you want to reconnect, I am absolutely receptive, but for the most part I can't initiate while I've still got this cloud of guilt. It will feel like an imposition and I have imposed enough for one life.

I think it's hard for a lot of us to reconnect with people we used to be really close to, even when the parting was on good terms, for some of the same reasons you go by a different name now -- we're all different people than we were five or ten or fifteen years ago, to a greater or lesser extent. Time goes by, some joys and heartaches fade into the past or are dwarfed by greater concerns, and life whacks you over the head another ten or twenty times with change or loss or unexpected developments...all of a sudden you look back and realize you don't really understand that person you used to be, anymore. And you realize you've grown in a lot of ways, but in doing so, to move forward, you have had to give up a lot of the once-familiar common ground you shared with people as who you used to be.

This is how I think of it sometimes -- some of these people, here, and some who aren't here now, but with whom I have reconnected in other ways, saw me as the least likable version of myself I can thus far recall having been. And even before I had had a chance to learn equanimity, or tact, or break out of the tiny little backwards world I had grown up in, even at my most mercurial, insecure, and least stable, they were still my friends. I could come here and have silly, carefree fun, and also have real conversations about things that actually mattered, and no one would bounce me out the door for being the pathetic teenager I was.

So think about all that and consider that this many years later, some of that still exists -- there are still people who, no matter how much you may cringe thinking of your past self, remember you fondly enough to say, "Hey, where's ____?" and notice if you're missing.

Yamaneko
03-12-2013, 07:12 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2nyrwIWrG1qf2mrgo1_500.gif

Primus Inter Pares
03-12-2013, 07:15 AM
Sup.

qwertysaur
03-12-2013, 07:16 AM
Del is going to be so happy. :bigsmile:

Knox
03-12-2013, 07:22 AM
This is how I think of it sometimes -- some of these people, here, and some who aren't here now, but with whom I have reconnected in other ways, saw me as the least likable version of myself I can thus far recall having been. And even before I had had a chance to learn equanimity, or tact, or break out of the tiny little backwards world I had grown up in, even at my most mercurial, insecure, and least stable, they were still my friends. I could come here and have silly, carefree fun, and also have real conversations about things that actually mattered, and no one would bounce me out the door for being the pathetic teenager I was.

So think about all that and consider that this many years later, some of that still exists -- there are still people who, no matter how much you may cringe thinking of your past self, remember you fondly enough to say, "Hey, where's ____?" and notice if you're missing.

I think this was something I really needed to hear... Thanks, Angela.

I'm sorry I have been vague about my updates; I don't really know where I left off. After California I moved to about 10 states and did various things, and I know that's also vague, but there's details better left unsaid. Then I joined the Army because I wanted stability and guidance, was impulsive, and didn't think the decision through; I spent a couple years miserable, got sent to Iraq and met my former, and favorite boss, who hired me to be a contractor as soon as I was released from the Army. So basically as soon as I got back from Iraq (they stop loss-ed me to keep me in for that tour) I was right back in it, although this time I was there doing reconnaissance and IED disarmament.

The first time I ever found a bomb and prevented someone from getting hurt or dying was the first time I truly felt like a useful human being. The Army was one of the worst experiences of my life, but it was a conduit to something I felt was great - it wasn't a moral issue and I never felt bad about what I was doing - if I found a bomb, nobody got blown up, no matter what side they were on.

It's hard to go from that to anything else, but eventually Iraq ended, and Afghanistan isn't a realistic option for me. A week after I got back from Iraq, my girlfriend at the time left me, and I'd been living in Canada, so I had free choice to go anywhere in the country. I narrowed it down to either the northwest or the southeast - two places in the country I hadn't lived yet - and decided I could do Florida when I retired. I came to Portland to get a completely fresh start, where I knew nobody. It was rocky at first but I feel I've settled in nicely - I do office work right now, nothing major, nothing exciting, but it's necessary work, and I like my coworkers and my bosses. I'm not finding bombs but I also knew I couldn't do that forever - this is calm, and balanced, and for the most part, I'm happy.

I've also been seeing a mother of two for a while. Funny thing is... She grew up in the place 3 houses down from mine in southern California. We both moved to Oregon 20 years apart and reconnected recently... And I'm better with kids than I suspected I would be. I used to be afraid of any kid looking up to me, because I would hate for any kid to want to emulate me and be like I was - that's all the world needs - but Heather says I'm a positive influence on them, so I'll take her word.

I think I have the balance I need now. I'm just not used to stability. The two year landmark will be an odd one to pass - I've got bits and pieces of myself strewn about the world, but no roots anywhere, and I can feel myself settling in, and it's not that bad.

DK
03-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Sup.

*humps yvnges leg furiously*

Loony BoB
03-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Locky and Yams and PiP. :D Hello, hello, hello. And congrats on your daughter, PiP. :)

I miss characters with square hands. That was a one-of-a-kind weird graphical time. It certainly worked better than Final Fantasy "PixelJunk" VIII & IX (for me, anyway).

And yeah, I'm with Angela, you just gotta move on sometimes and focus on the positive. As for being an ideal role model, psh, you'll do just fine. The number one thing you've learned from your past, it seems, is that you shouldn't be something you view as 'bad', and that means you're going to be one of the best role models a kid could hope for. Anyone who makes the effort to be the best they can be will go far. Also, you've been a useful human being more often than the moment you disarmed a bomb, but I'm glad it gave you that feeling. I can't say I've done anything like that!

blackmage_nuke
03-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Oh man I cant believe I finally get to post right after Loony BoB! He's barely around anymore!

Primus Inter Pares
03-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Sup.

*humps yvnges leg furiously*
*humps leg furiously*

Cheers BoB.

Anyways this thread is horrendously tl;dr. Currently I'm working 1st/2nd Line IT support in Norway for a big oil services company, so it's the classic corporate sellout. I'm looking for new jobs but it has to come with a lot better wages since it's so cushy here getting to just surf reddit and youtube and post on stuff (at work now waiting for java to load for a user).

Ashi
03-12-2013, 09:24 AM

Hey there Mik, Dan, Proto, Kath, Matt, Halan, Kalen, Caliope, Alex and everyone else I'm too lazy to list. And hello to those of you who I sort of, kind of remember but not entirely because you've all changed your names and icons and it has nothing at all to do with the fact that I haven't been here in years. I've been sitting here like someone's grandmother squinting at your names and icons like that's going to help job my memory. I'm very obviously suffering from caffeine deprivation right now. :mad:

Hey!!! I am glad to see that you're here :)
Gosh it's been such a long time. I'm so nostalgic to my early days here...some...12 years ago. I'm still not a day over 18 though! :P

Little Miss Awesome
03-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Amy! I wasn't 100% certain if you two got married or not, so I'm really glad you stopped by to clear that up. Also, massive congrats on your daughter. How old?

Ah no problem, thanks for the invite :) She's six months and she's amazing :heart: Did anybody count how many EoFF babies there are?

*High fives* :D Although truth be told I'm a bit of a fraud, I'm from the UK.

Night Fury
03-12-2013, 09:44 AM

*High fives* :D Although truth be told I'm a bit of a fraud, I'm from the UK.

No that's what I meant, your location says Teesside! :)

Freya
03-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Think of it this way, oldbies, most the current regulars don't know how you were in your teenage years so you can start fresh!... Again! We know non-the-wiser.

Mr Rocko
03-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Wow the nostalgia on this thread keeps growing and growing!

Shauna
03-12-2013, 12:27 PM
It's always nice to hear that people are doing pretty well, even if I don't know them.

gj eoff, spawning semi-reasonable human beings! :3

Mikztsu
03-12-2013, 01:23 PM
I know that things are a little bit slow around here right now and that EoFF isn't to it's former glory, and it never will be. A lot has changed since many of you have been here but it's still the same EoFF, just with different faces.

We all get busy and stuff, and lord knows we all have personal lives (what's that) but I would love to see some of the older faces around here more often. This was a nice surprise (thanks towns even though you didn't include me you giant steamroller) and you guys are missed and you are definitely loved.

It's just that you feel nostalgic. I've browsed around and there seems to be nice and great people here, with similar topics and such! It still feels like EoFF, it still is EoFF. But still not the same in sense, because people in this topic really made the EoFF my EoFF, not the Fora itself of course. I think I've overstayed my visit already, but can't help but coming back check general chat and this topic at least past few days. :) Really enjoyed random #EoFF chatting. Something I can do when I'm on nightshift ( and I usually do at least two of them per week)

Been positively surprised so many "old" peeps has taken time from their lives and come post here, at least that one post showing that you still care.

Giga Guess
03-12-2013, 02:14 PM
I have to say that I am very proud of everyone here. EoFF is made up of some of the best human beings in the world. Over the years, and especially after being made a CK and then later an Admin, I got to think of all of you as my 'EoFF internet kids'. Of course some of you are before even my time here and don't know who I am. However, it is now awesome to see how you've all ended up 12 years later. Still some of the best human beings in the world with kids of your own, contributing to society, etc., etc. Love you all. I had a great time here. You're all good people. :) :cat:

Whoa! Hey, Leeza, how's it going, babe? :)

Danni
03-12-2013, 03:50 PM
I think it's hard for a lot of us to reconnect with people we used to be really close to, even when the parting was on good terms, for some of the same reasons you go by a different name now -- we're all different people than we were five or ten or fifteen years ago, to a greater or lesser extent.....

There are so many people here that I was so close to 13 years ago when I joined and was really active and a great many of us have fallen out of touch for various reasons throughout the years; some the typical growing apart and others in a more heart rending fashion. But, the important thing to me, especially now that I've looked back at some of my old posts and had a serious case of "Wow, who let me type like that?" and "Man, I was one annoying teenager.", is that when I WAS that annoying, depressed kid who I barely remember being - they liked me anyway.

This place really helped me get through some of the hardest points in my admittedly short life this far. The people I met and was close to (and those I still am) really cared about that insecure, whiny kid with the horrendous habit of Internet speaking and gave me a place to come throw that weight off, make friends and have a laugh. This was (and still seems to be) a pretty tight knit community and that's just not something I think you find on the Internet these days.

For my part, I've been married for nearly 5 years with no rugrats to speak of *phew*. Still making art and blogging, still gaming though admittedly not as often as I used to. Moved to the South and am enjoying the seemingly subtropical weather they refer to as "Winter" down here.

Hey!!! I am glad to see that you're here :)
Gosh it's been such a long time. I'm so nostalgic to my early days here...some...12 years ago. I'm still not a day over 18 though!

Glad to see you too! We really fell out of touch huh? Good thing we both haven't aged at all... Disregard everything I said above! :-P

How on earth have you been??

It's just that you feel nostalgic. I've browsed around and there seems to be nice and great people here, with similar topics and such! It still feels like EoFF, it still is EoFF. But still not the same in sense, because people in this topic really made the EoFF my EoFF, not the Fora itself of course. I think I've overstayed my visit already, but can't help but coming back check general chat and this topic at least past few days. :) Really enjoyed random #EoFF chatting. Something I can do when I'm on nightshift ( and I usually do at least two of them per week)

Been positively surprised so many "old" peeps has taken time from their lives and come post here, at least that one post showing that you still care.

That sums up exactly how I feel too. It's really the people more than the place. I stopped by partly out of nostalgia and partly because Raf asked so nicely! I definitely did and do care about this place and the folks here and think I always will. This really was such an important part of my formative adult years, which I doubt anyone outside of EoFF would understand, that it will always have a place in my heart.

And I keep coming back to keep reading too, because it's really and truly awesome to see how everyone's doing all these years later. And to reconnect with some long lost friends. :)

I'm happy to see that for the most part, we all turned out ok!

Little Miss Awesome
03-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Oh, oops, that hasn't been updated for a long time :p

Beowulf
03-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Man, seeing all these names brings back memories eh?

Actually...I'm pretty sure I was talking about a bunch of you in chat not long ago. Bringing up the "lol i miss these people" conversations with Proto.

It's weird that thirteen years ago, this site and a lot of people were such a big part of my life. I was a 14 year old kid, addicted to the internet and video games. And now, as those thirteen years have passed, everyone has grown up and apart it seems. People are moving, getting married, having lives, etc. It's awesome to see.

TL;DR:

Hi everyone!

Shorty
03-12-2013, 04:51 PM

oh my god ROCKO WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST MILLION YEARS

Somebody find Dingo Jellybean. Get on it. Track him down.

Momiji
03-12-2013, 05:03 PM
I feel like a lot of folks I still see on Facebook or even on AIM. BUT, whoa, Shoeberto/Stu! How have you been doing? I miss seeing you abouts!

I'm also curious just to pose a general question to everyone: do you find time to attend other forums, or is EoFF just about your last stop of forum-going in an age that's really social media focused? Just wonderin'

Ever since I stopped coming here I've been a mod/admin at a Touhou forum. I'm not so active there as I used to be, but I do spend most of my time on IRC with my friends there. It's all good.

Other than that, I'm on tumblr a lot. Good times.

Ultima Shadow
03-12-2013, 06:14 PM
^

Hah! The only other forum I'm really active on other than EoFF just so happens to also be a Touhou forum. :greenie:

Anyway, this thread sure has a lot of returning oldbies. It's like a nostalgia invasion! =O

Edit: ...this thread need more Trumpet Thief and Tasty Pies! (unless I somehow missed them)

Edit 2:

Been doing well, Cim, chipping at Diablo 3 when the mood strikes, been playing MtG...yerself?

I never even touched Diablo III to be honest, and I've been playing MtG as well. The Return to Ravinca set is awesome, but I haven't picked up any of Gate Crash yet. I'm a lame panda.
There are few things like MtG drafts with friends. And Gatecrash is just as awesome as RtR. Obzedat, Ghost Council = totally boss and one of my new fav cards ever. It can dominate so many controll matchups. :greenie:

Denmark
03-12-2013, 06:38 PM

yes please

too bad this is literally impossible

Psychotic
03-12-2013, 07:39 PM
It's weird for me. I've never been away from EoFF. I've been an active, regular member for over 10 years. And I look back at EoFF in say, 2003, and all my best friends from then (EXCEPT DENMARK :love: who only recently came back!) are gone. Then I look at the little crews and cliques I was part of in 2005, or 2007, or whatever, and there's only a handful of us left from then too. Yet despite losing all those wonderful people and drifting apart from them, there's still people here I have so much time and respect for. 2013 EoFF is totally different from 2003 EoFF but I couldn't tell you when the change happened. It's still home.

This place does mean more to me than I can say, and the connections and memories I've made through it will last forever. Thank you to anyone who was a part of it. Even if we weren't friends friends, you still see someone's posts every day and you feel close to them to some extent, even if you've not properly talked to them.
I also feel like I took my Cid's Knight "job" way too seriously sometimes which cause me to miss out on a lot of fun at this place. I like to think that I've always been a pretty nice person, but man was I a dick sometimes.Other side of the coin, sorry for being a no good troublemaking punk. I think I once had a moan about you telling me off for something. Having done the moderator job for almost seven years now (time. smurfing. flies) I know what it's like from the other side and how frustrating having someone do that can be, so sorry. :shobon:

Leeza
03-12-2013, 08:15 PM
It's going well, Giga. Good to see you again. :)

SammieBabe
03-12-2013, 08:38 PM

I'm frickin' thrilled to see you both! :D

Tigmafuzz
03-12-2013, 08:48 PM
I wonder if any returning members have noticed the lack of wiki yet. :erm:

qwertysaur
03-12-2013, 08:53 PM

I'm glad the wiki (http://www.eyesonff.com/members/wiki/) is still around, though it was cooler when it was old and ugly and white on black.

:p

Leeza
03-12-2013, 08:56 PM

Ditto...although I do keep up with you on FB sometimes. I just don't do much posting there. :)

No I haven't! I was thinking of going through it, but I guess now that's moot. :(

Tigmafuzz
03-12-2013, 09:02 PM
No I haven't! I was thinking of going through it, but I guess now that's moot. :(

It's still there, just... dead. :(

Momiji
03-12-2013, 09:47 PM
That wiki damn well better still be around after all the time I spent fixing it up >:<

Freya
03-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Yeahhhh it's kinda died. Well it's on the old frontsite and it's a little wonky. Since we merged the frontsite and the forums together it doesn't really work on vbulletin. soooooooo..... Freed said he wanted to fix it but we see how far THAT went.

theundeadhero
03-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Leeza, the staff went all downhill after you left :(

Raistlin
03-13-2013, 12:07 AM

http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/images/smilies/pimp.gif

Shiny
03-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Currently I'm working 1st/2nd Line IT support in Norway for a big oil services company, so it's the classic corporate sellout. I'm looking for new jobs but it has to come with a lot better wages since it's so cushy here getting to just surf reddit and youtube and post on stuff (at work now waiting for java to load for a user).

I always thought that you and The Man would be starring in pornos for a living.

The Man
03-13-2013, 01:28 AM
I've considered it.

Momiji
03-13-2013, 01:44 AM
Yeahhhh it's kinda died. Well it's on the old frontsite and it's a little wonky. Since we merged the frontsite and the forums together it doesn't really work on vbulletin. soooooooo..... Freed said he wanted to fix it but we see how far THAT went.

Eh, as long as it's still around it's cool. :P

The Man
03-13-2013, 01:47 AM
By the way, since I haven't been continually mentioning it, it's nice to see all these people I haven't seen for five to ten years. Hope you all stick around.

Meow
03-13-2013, 03:49 AM
lol?

what's up america

Giga Guess
03-13-2013, 05:08 AM

What's new with you? Still in....Vancouver, correct?

D'awwwww...thanks Sammie! How's life?

Mr Rocko
03-13-2013, 06:10 AM

oh my god ROCKO WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST MILLION YEARS

Buried somewhere...lol, but I've been resurrected by Daniel.

Denmark
03-13-2013, 07:29 AM
ugh ashley lelie is RETIRED now

that feel when feel old and not even old

o_O
03-13-2013, 10:33 AM
Well hot damn, I'm all flustered now.

*squeals and flaps hands and jumps up and down*

<h3>·.¸(Ż`'·.¸(Ż`'·.¸(Ż`'·.¸ E X C E L L E N TŻ`*•._.•´ŻP O S T I N G S .·'´Ż)¸.·'´Ż)¸.·'´Ż)¸.·</h3>

Primus Inter Pares
03-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Currently I'm working 1st/2nd Line IT support in Norway for a big oil services company, so it's the classic corporate sellout. I'm looking for new jobs but it has to come with a lot better wages since it's so cushy here getting to just surf reddit and youtube and post on stuff (at work now waiting for java to load for a user).

I always thought that you and The Man would be starring in pornos for a living.
Yeah we gave up on that dream a long time ago.

Faris
03-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Sup.

Hey you! Yes YOU! I missed you very much :whimper: remember that time we nearly died laughing?

Mikztsu
03-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Someone get musashius/nibelheim to pop by, haven't seen mention of him yet. :cry: If he still lives, that is!

Mr Rocko
03-13-2013, 12:57 PM
ugh ashley lelie is RETIRED now

that feel when feel old and not even old

He changed teams like 3 times as well eh? We'll I've been instructed never to change my sig...lol.

Loony BoB
03-13-2013, 01:09 PM
Someone get musashius/nibelheim to pop by, haven't seen mention of him yet. :cry: If he still lives, that is!
I tried to contact him, I can't remember if the email bounced or not though... fingers crossed?

SammieBabe
03-13-2013, 02:03 PM

D'awwwww...thanks Sammie! How's life?

Fabulous as always, darling! Yourself?! :D

Sup.

*hugs* :D

Del Murder
03-13-2013, 02:51 PM
No internet and no EoFF make Yams... something something.

Calliope
03-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Something something, then you'll see, you'll avoid catastrophe!

Tigmafuzz
03-13-2013, 05:39 PM
lol?

what's up america

Oh hey look, it's that one person who had the username that I wanted to use when I joined but couldn't because he had already used it. :bigsmile:

Unbreakable Will
03-13-2013, 05:44 PM
How did I miss this? Damn my need to ignore things tagged as important...

Anywho, all hail Cid! Things are great. EoFF, too, is great.

Teek
03-13-2013, 11:09 PM
I'm still way back, but I want to post a few things. Maybe I'll edit this after I finish reading this thread. How did I have the patience for these old threads? It's like fourteen conversations going on around you and you're supposed to keep them all straight.

I'm just scared. A lot of people here remember a very different and much stupider young me.
I understand this feeling exactly. I am often aware (and, unfortunately, often reminded) of my worst traits that I exhibited, not only on here, but that were going on simultaneously while I was on here. I remember a lot of events at that time I wish I could undo, or fix, or replace with something more positive, but that's the way of life, isn't it?

Knox, if you remember me (you SHOULD remember me), I only feel it's fair to point out that you're one of the few people that come up in conversation (mostly with BOU) about these ancient days, and when you're referenced you aren't seen as particularly any more negative as anyone else, so there's that. For what it's worth.

Other forums don't have you guys. So not much point. :)

Seriously, folks here are what got me through some really bad years. I don't know where I'd be without BOU, Teek, Scottie, Britt, Cid, Unne, Bleys, and others I am probably forgetting. It was damned good luck that I ended up here 14 years ago. There's just something special about this place.Same here. I'd add a few names, but I still recall many of these people and I think of them fondly. It was extremely important for me then.

I think it's hard for a lot of us to reconnect with people we used to be really close to, even when the parting was on good terms, for some of the same reasons you go by a different name now -- we're all different people than we were five or ten or fifteen years ago, to a greater or lesser extent. Time goes by, some joys and heartaches fade into the past or are dwarfed by greater concerns, and life whacks you over the head another ten or twenty times with change or loss or unexpected developments...all of a sudden you look back and realize you don't really understand that person you used to be, anymore. And you realize you've grown in a lot of ways, but in doing so, to move forward, you have had to give up a lot of the once-familiar common ground you shared with people as who you used to be.

So think about all that and consider that this many years later, some of that still exists -- there are still people who, no matter how much you may cringe thinking of your past self, remember you fondly enough to say, "Hey, where's ____?" and notice if you're missing.Yes, exactly. You summed up the dilemma perfectly. It relaxes me considerably.

Loony BoB
03-14-2013, 08:06 AM
I wouldn't call this a normal thread, Teek. :D This one is definitely special.

krissy
03-14-2013, 03:08 PM
has spaceman spiff been in here yet

http://i.imgur.com/9Jxd7p5l.jpg

Loony BoB
03-14-2013, 05:12 PM
You mean Zell's Fists of Fury? :D Not yet...

Shorty
03-14-2013, 05:18 PM
I doubt he'll return.

Raistlin
03-15-2013, 12:54 AM
You mean Zell's Fists of Fury? :D Not yet...

*RSL's

Leeza
03-15-2013, 02:01 AM

Half correct. Vancouver Island. :)

Everything is same old same old, Giga....which is good. :) :cat:

NeoCracker
03-15-2013, 02:13 AM
For some reason all I think of when I see Leeza is that time she closed my welcome thread! :mad2:

True, I made my Welcome thread like, 3-5 years after I actually joined, but that's beside the point.

Leeza
03-15-2013, 02:50 AM
Hi NeoCracker. :)

I'd close it again, if I could. :)

Coach
03-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Someone should open it back up, bump it to the top and immediately close it again.

What, I'm stlll here?

Loony BoB
03-15-2013, 02:28 PM
You better still be here.

I understand there are a few stragglers that might still pop in :shifty: Some have been slacking off while others have just now got in touch, so here's hoping.

Nait
03-15-2013, 02:30 PM
I'm still way back, but I want to post a few things. Maybe I'll edit this after I finish reading this thread. How did I have the patience for these old threads? It's like fourteen conversations going on around you and you're supposed to keep them all straight.

I'm just scared. A lot of people here remember a very different and much stupider young me.
I understand this feeling exactly. I am often aware (and, unfortunately, often reminded) of my worst traits that I exhibited, not only on here, but that were going on simultaneously while I was on here. I remember a lot of events at that time I wish I could undo, or fix, or replace with something more positive, but that's the way of life, isn't it?

If I could, I would nuke Usenet and maybe this place too, and geocities and the Internet Archive and everything on the net just to wipe out a few inconsequential stupidities of my dumb youth.

oh jesus christ like that one thread where Rydia posted some art and i kept on posting a new adoring message like i'd had amnesia and i thought it was funny at the time but in retrospect it came off as really fucking creepy

or really early, over a fucking decade ago when I posted with a RED COPPERPLATE GOTHIC font

Just let me say that whatever I did, whatever I said, whatever happened, I am so sorry about it all, and let's just forget about it.

Loony BoB
03-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Nait, don't say stuff like that - you remain one of the funniest if not THE funniest member to have ever graced EoFF :D I miss your humour immenseley, and I know others do too. :) I have a bunch of old LJ entries (mostly locked these days after certain events in the past) that feature you in them that I still look back at fondly for a giggle. :D

EDIT: Although I'll agree the red gothic font was terrible. Luckily there's only one dork who still uses coloured font these days and it just mostly serves as an excuse to not read his posts half the time. :D

Raistlin
03-15-2013, 03:17 PM

Now you people may finally understand why I kept nominating and voting Leeza for Evilest Member every year. She was a bloodthirsty tyrant who crushed your soul with a smile on her face. She enjoyed it!

Rye
03-15-2013, 04:24 PM
It's weird for me. I've never been away from EoFF. I've been an active, regular member for over 10 years. And I look back at EoFF in say, 2003, and all my best friends from then (EXCEPT DENMARK :love: who only recently came back!) are gone. Then I look at the little crews and cliques I was part of in 2005, or 2007, or whatever, and there's only a handful of us left from then too. Yet despite losing all those wonderful people and drifting apart from them, there's still people here I have so much time and respect for. 2013 EoFF is totally different from 2003 EoFF but I couldn't tell you when the change happened. It's still home.

This place does mean more to me than I can say, and the connections and memories I've made through it will last forever. Thank you to anyone who was a part of it. Even if we weren't friends friends, you still see someone's posts every day and you feel close to them to some extent, even if you've not properly talked to them.
I also feel like I took my Cid's Knight "job" way too seriously sometimes which cause me to miss out on a lot of fun at this place. I like to think that I've always been a pretty nice person, but man was I a dick sometimes.Other side of the coin, sorry for being a no good troublemaking punk. I think I once had a moan about you telling me off for something. Having done the moderator job for almost seven years now (time. smurfing. flies) I know what it's like from the other side and how frustrating having someone do that can be, so sorry. :shobon:

:kiss:

Shorty
03-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Nait! Please don't ever leave again! :love:

Citizen Bleys
03-15-2013, 05:41 PM

Pike
03-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Luckily there's only one dork who still uses coloured font these days and it just mostly serves as an excuse to not read his posts half the time. :D

I can think of at least two. You're slipping, BoB! :colbert:

Nait
03-15-2013, 07:12 PM

How could I have ever left, when I was still here...

*points*

in your heart?

Sidenote, I have no idea who you are.

EDIT:

Bleys.

Shorty
03-15-2013, 07:15 PM
We were lj friends, chatted on AIM for years, and had many adventures in #eoff. You know who I am, darnit! :colbert:

Psychotic
03-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Ahaha Nait oh man. I still remember your fantastic full name and the time I wrote a bizarre YMCA parody about it.

Denmark
03-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Ahaha Nait oh man. I still remember your fantastic full name and the time I wrote a bizarre YMCA parody about it.

i remember being personally confused/uninformed over the order of the middle two names, but thinking about it brings back the names to me. the brain is a weird thing.

Psychotic
03-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Indeed - I think it was Rafael then Lars but I could be wrong.

Nait
03-15-2013, 07:24 PM
We were lj friends, chatted on AIM for years, and had many adventures in #eoff. You know who I am, darnit! :colbert:

I just went through the names of my LJ friends list and I realised I have no idea who 3/4ths of them are.

Are you a girl or a guy? I'm pretty sure you're a girl.

EDIT:

This is why I don't return, it just confirms that I am a horrible person.

I've probably forgotten half the names of my middle and high school class... Oh yeah, there were two Lottes.

EDIT:

You're creeping me out here.

Denmark
03-15-2013, 07:25 PM

same, KRLJ is showing up more in my memory banks than KLRJ, but who knows whether that's accurate

Nait
03-15-2013, 07:28 PM

same, KRLJ is showing up more in my memory banks than KLRJ, but who knows whether that's accurate

You have to be shitting me, who remembers people's names that well?

Psychotic
03-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Don't worry about it. I have a ridiculously broken memory when it comes to things like that. Do you at least remember me, Naitsirk? :aimkiss:

Nait
03-15-2013, 07:36 PM
Don't worry about it. I have a ridiculously broken memory when it comes to things like that. Do you at least remember me, Naitsirk? :aimkiss:

Sure, because you haven't changed your name.

But everything blurs together...

One day I will wake up with a diagnosis of early onset Alzheimer's, and my life will go on the same way it always has, as vague glimpses through the window into a world that is quickly running away.

Shorty
03-15-2013, 08:02 PM

I just went through the names of my LJ friends list and I realised I have no idea who 3/4ths of them are.

Are you a girl or a guy? I'm pretty sure you're a girl.

EDIT:

This is why I don't return, it just confirms that I am a horrible person.

I've probably forgotten half the names of my middle and high school class... Oh yeah, there were two Lottes.

EDIT:

You're creeping me out here.

I'm lilredsarah on lj, and I think you probably had me on AIM as herecomeslilred.

This is making me incredibly sad. :(

Psychotic
03-15-2013, 08:09 PM
who the hell is this "Shorty" person who keeps posting in this thread? Is it Joel with a change of name or something?

Nait
03-15-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm lilredsarah on lj, and I think you probably had me on AIM as herecomeslilred.

This is making me incredibly sad. :(

I'm sorry, of course I remember lilredsarah. But you can't expect me to divine who you are if you have changed your name here.

Loony BoB
03-15-2013, 09:00 PM
She didn't, you obviously just spent most of your time chatting with her instead of posting with her. :D

I don't know much about this YMCA parody (not as much as I'd like to know, that's for sure) but my fondest memories of Nait are his stories and lore regarding EoFF characters. I think I remember a certain tale regarding Bleys and ...was it Raistlin? Anyway, it was all kinds of raunchy...

EDIT: Also...

To Forgive.

A word in the english language. A word, or idiom, found probably in every human language on Earth. Antaa anteeksi, att förlĺta.

As our saviour Britt stepped down from the Mount Gurugurutsikapovaaaaing, he brought us the message of Shut The smurf Up Before I Make You Hurt Real Much. But he also brought the message of It Is The Final Decision And Nothing Will Budge Us From Unhurting. And he also brought the message of He Stays Hurt. And so forth and so forth. Now, let's read a paragraph from the Edible.

Book of Kishi: 3:
14:
Thus did the apprentice Murder lap-pour His coffee.
15:
And he asked forgiveness on his knees, and he wailed, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please don't hurt me.
16:
And He stood up in his divine glory, and the stains disappeared from his cloak, and his face bore the wrath of the High Heavens and his eyed burned with holy ire.
17:
And he opened his mouth and the white flames of the purifying rivers of Paradise B sprout forth, and the earth shook, and the skies were ablaze.
18: And the seas rose and sunk, and the trees grew abnormally fast, and the trouts swam in discord, and the sausages popped, and the medical closets all over the world opened, and the angels wailed, and the daemons cowered, and the cows mooed, and the bird didn't give a damn, and the houses danced, though slowly, and people shouted out to their Gods saying, Oh, help us, oh he's not going to help us, oh gods, we're smurfed.
19: And He spake, saying: That's OK.
20: And everyone breathed again.
21: All expect he who was called apprentice Murder and who passed out.

Now, let us pray.

Dear Sean, who art up there somewhere, I dunno, probably, if you are not drunk,
Hear our prayers and sooth the heart of those who are in guilt, and those who are in pain of heart. Hear our prayers and bring forth the bonds of forgiveness you gave us last month, because we really, really need them. Oh, and BOU asked for a lottery-win. And BoB wants a new car. But that's about it. And say hi to missus Sean, and tell her we enjoyed her gingerbreads very much. And try to stay outta the spirits for just a little while, eh? Amen.

Pee Ess: I could really use some Old Bearhugger, if you catch my drift, eh, eh.

EDIT: Found some more gold!

It was a warm and sunny spring-day. The snow had just melted, and the rivers were running wild with their new, cold blood.
And here I was, inside in the darkest, dreariest hovel imaginable - a house downtown Eyeson. Correction - a murder scene downtown Eyeson.
I glanced at Dan. "Yikes."
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Yikes indeed," he answered.
I returned my look back to the sordid view before us. Two bodies, one male in red robes, wearing a golden mask and a long, white wig, one female wearing a Soviet-era uniform and a fake walrus-moustache, arranged in the choreography of love. A choreography paralysed by violent death.
Kinky.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Gives a whole new meaning to 'rigor mortis', doesn't it?" I tried to lighten the mood.
Dan just looked at me.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"The male is Wesley Ruston, 26 year old school-buss driver, lived on Main Street with his mother. The woman is Sheba Mountleigh, 24 years old, married, lived here. Her husband has been out of town for a week, and found them like this this morning."
"They were shot at close range with an old Colt, no fingerprints. A day or three old, we'll have to wait for the lab."
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Hmmm," I hmmed. "Witnesses?"
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"The neighbours heard nothing."
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Tricky," I concluded. "The hubby's alibi?"
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Drinking-binge, followed by off-road driving and a day of sitting in the jail to sleep it off."
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Tricky..." I repeated.
I looked around at the bustling and hustling CSI. "Outside?"
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Right."
As we got out of the stinking apartment, I stared at the sky as Dan lit a cigar.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Your wife'll go berserk."
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"She'll survive."
I shook my head at him.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"So..." he said after a moment. "Any ideas?"
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"None whatsoever."
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Tsk. Too bad." He blew a smoke-ring.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"I wonder..."
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"What?"
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Who's going to pry them apart?" I said as I picked out a handkerchief and blew my nose in it.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Oh shut up."

To Be Continued.

Misfit
03-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Luckily there's only one dork who still uses coloured font these days

Um, i email you hundreds of times AT WORK, and i whatsapp you when i'm not at work which is never.

ahahaha loser :squeeze:

Agrias
03-15-2013, 10:42 PM

I dont think he was talking about me because i'm not a he! :eep:

Citizen Bleys
03-15-2013, 10:43 PM
I think I remember a certain tale regarding Bleys and ...was it Raistlin? Anyway, it was all kinds of raunchy...

And ten years later, EoFF still doesn't know what "confirmed bachelor" means.

EDIT: Glass houses, stones, yeah I get it. My point stands.

Misfit
03-15-2013, 10:46 PM

I dont think he was talking about me because i'm not a he! :eep:

HOW DID YOU GET ME PREGNANT THEN?

:heart: hi bleysiepoo~~ :snog:

qwertysaur
03-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Nait, don't say stuff like that - you remain one of the funniest if not THE funniest member to have ever graced EoFF :D I miss your humour immenseley, and I know others do too. :) I have a bunch of old LJ entries (mostly locked these days after certain events in the past) that feature you in them that I still look back at fondly for a giggle. :D

EDIT: Although I'll agree the red gothic font was terrible. Luckily there's only one dork who still uses coloured font these days and it just mostly serves as an excuse to not read his posts half the time. :D
:(

Shorty
03-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Well, I joined as Demosthenes. I'm fairly certain I changed that name pretty quickly, though. Either way, I thought he'd remember me as Shorty but oh well!

all I care about is that I'm remembered :love: :love: :love:

Raistlin
03-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Nait: welcome back, man. Remember when you PM'd me asking if I was the real Raistlin, the "legend"? :p Good times, good times. And like Daniel, I miss your entertaining EoFF tales!

Also, ahaha and all the colored-text people coming out of the woodwork. I'm pretty sure Daniel was referring to The Man.

(you're still all dorks)

Teek
03-16-2013, 01:05 AM
Also, ahaha and all the colored-text people coming out of the woodwork. I'm pretty sure Daniel was referring to The Man.

(you're still all dorks)
Honestly, I just did for awhile because I was trying to copy Britt.

Reading all of this is making me remember people vaguely and realizing that the vast majority of you have no idea who I am or only barely remember me, which makes me feel like I never really put enough time into this place.

(BoB does, for some reason, so thankfully there's that).

Raistlin
03-16-2013, 02:00 AM
Hey, I do! You were one of my favorite EoEO (and EotW) posters for a while. Remember the debates with Cloud No.9? Oh man, those were some interesting times. EoEO nowadays is much more tame.

Asorie
03-16-2013, 05:10 AM
Oh, great, BoB, now you have me digging through archives, too. Anyone remember this?

An Important Public Service Announcement from Del Snizz
Fair citizens, it's been a long time since I've posted a new thread (or anything else for that matter) on these fine fora, and you must know that I do so now to raise awareness about an issue of the gravest import. California, the proud home state of many of EoFF's founding members and everyone's favorite soulless wasteland faces a crisis of leadership. Dissatisfied with the current recession, the loss of jobs, the state's nearly $40 billion budget deficit, and with memories and continuing fears of blackouts and brownouts in mind, at least 1.3 million Californians have decided that they want Gray out. That's right, as I'm sure you've heard, notoriously dull and unpopular Governor Gray Davis will have to hit the campaign trail in the middle of his term to persuade California voters not to kick him out of office in the recall election on October 7. Now, I don't particularly know or care enough about California politics to have much interest in whether Davis's administration has tarnished the Golden State, necessitating his early dismissal, but what I am passionate about is doing everything in my power to turn the democratic process into even more of a ridiculous political circus. Just having Arnold Schwarzenegger as a possible Republican candidate in the race isn't enough for me, particularly in the post-Jesse Ventura era; nor should it be for you, my friends. No, what we have here is an opportunity to launch a new campaign for a new century, to give the people of California the kind of leadership they deserve, and for these reasons, we must nominate for office our own IGN64skanker.

This is an appeal to the residents of California here, to the members of EoFF in general, and to the whole of Mankind: Skanker would make an ideal governor, and his candidacy is well within the realm of possibility. Did you know that in order to appear on the recall ballot, a potential candidate need only get 65 signatures of fellow party members and raise $3500? If he or she can get 10,000 signatures, there is no fee at all! For only minimal effort and perhaps small donations, you too can be a part of the Skanker for Governor campaign. So here's what we need from you, especially from the Californians out there:

Step 1. Figure out what party he's going to belong to. Since I don't think he's a registered member of any political party, we'll have to fake it. We might be able to sneak him into one of the two major parties without much trouble, but if someone from the leadership discovers that he's not a registered member who gives them money, it could create bad publicity. Having Skanker run under the banner of an established third party should prove less difficult, as they're usually happy enough just to get candidates. Besides, I doubt they'd bother going through the trouble of looking through the member list because who really wants to get the shoe box down from the shelf?

Step 2. Form a committee to organize the collection of signatures and campaign contributions to get him on the ballot. The deadline for this is August 9, so like any good, expeditious committee, they should complete the preliminary phase of planning by the end of September.

Step 3. Get volunteers throughout the state to bypass the committee and start gathering the necessary signatures and money by any means necessary. Now, I can get signatures from 65,000 dead people in Chicago, but there are presumably a few concerned citizens who would object to out-of-state corpses' having a role in their political process. I figure we can shake off these criticisms in two ways: first, we blame other candidates for getting signatures from illegal immigrants. The allegation doesn't have to be true--in fact, I wouldn't even recommend looking at their lists--but merely mentioning the idea of such a thing is enough to change the subject for a while and get people near the Mexican border up in arms. While the media and the public are distracted by our claim, we can convince the strongly anti-Davis Republican candidates that the signatures we collected were actually from relatives of the governor who were so disappointed with his performance that they wanted to disown him. They can run some TV and radio ads about it, and I predict that few would doubt the story. After all, who can deny the close resemblance in appearance and mannerisms between Gray Davis and a cadaver?

Step 4. After we've secured a spot on the ballot for our man Skanker, we can use the estimated $3.17 in our coffers to begin campaigning for the general election. Now, because we won't be able to afford conventional advertising on the air, in print, or even on people's front lawns and lapels, and since Skanker has absolutely no name recognition, we'll have to run a different kind of campaign. At first, members of the Skanker for Governor team (that's YOU!) should spread the word by making their own signs and standing at busy intersections, shouting at people. Be creative. To attract media attention, try shaving 'Elect Skanker' into the coats of all the cats and dogs in your neighborhood. They'll put this kind of thing on the news, and it won't cost you a dime. People like pets, and they'll remember this, so it'll be just like running a cute campaign ad.

Tell everyone you meet about Skanker's candidacy and take some time to explain to them why they should vote for him. Don't be discouraged by gruff remarks or a little pepper spray; you're an important part of a team now, and you should always remember that there are a lot of caring, like-minded people behind you who will support you when you think the cause is lost and who will pay for a bail bond or two.

From a purely political perspective, once we get even a small grassroots movement going for him, Skanker should have no trouble winning this election. His natural charisma and famed eloquence will captivate potential voters watching televised debates even after security guards remove him from the audience. I firmly believe that Skanker's stance on the issues people care about gives him the ability to appeal to California's diverse granola bar electorate, scoring points with the nuts, the fruits, and the flakes alike. He has solutions to all the state's problems, but he's not going to confuse voters by publishing a long, complicated platform that uses lots of big words and political doublespeak. No, Skanker will always speak from the heart; he'll let you know exactly what his 'bag' is, and my friends, it is without a doubt a bag of values. Indeed, the tradition that Skanker most proudly calls his bag, the All-Male Group Hug, will be a big hit in the Bay Area and will also appeal to female voters, especially the suburban, minivan-driving Oprah-followers, as it will send them the clear message that Skanker is a sensitive man, not afraid to share his feelings.

Even the possible candidacy of Arnold Schwarzenegger will not daunt our campaign. In fact, Skanker has a number of advantages over the Terminator himself, in spite of the wide gap in name recognition. First, in the 2000 presidential election, a majority of Californians voted for Al Gore, showing a preference against guys with funny accents who like to shoot things. Second, Skanker has never appeared in a movie like Hercules in New York or Last Action Hero. Against some of the less famous candidates with more government experience, Skanker might face a little more trouble. They'll criticize him, saying that he's never been elected or appointed to a government office and that he couldn't possibly know how to successfully run the largest state in the country. In most elections, candidates in a similar position dismiss or simply ignore the charges and hire consultants to teach them how to seem knowledgeable in fields in which they may have shown weaknesses. I say that when Skanker is accused of being inexperienced, he should run with it.

Let's face it: around election time, the talking heads in the media like to go on about how inexperienced candidates are at a disadvantage, and career politicians running for office subtly or not so subtly hint that their less-experienced opponents aren't even fit for the job, but does your average American really care about any of this? Absolutely not. Americans don't really want someone they see as being any smarter or more competent to hold a position of great power than they are to be governing them--they want some slob they can relate to. That's why Skanker is perfect: is the fact that he hasn't graduated from college going to make the average voter think that he's not intelligent enough? Certainly not. Did Bill Clinton brag about studying at and earning degrees from Georgetown, Yale, and Oxford? No, he appealed to the average joe in his presidential campaign, playing the saxophone and talking about his underwear on MTV. Americans don't want elected officials to have Ph.D's in philosophy or something because only the French let people like that have influence, and every decent American knows that France is the European wing of the Islamic Jihad. Is the fact that Skanker has never held office going to hurt him? Of course not. That just means he's still a regular citizen, a representative of the common man and not a corrupt bureaucrat. Is the fact that he's never even voted in a major election going to make people question his commitment and his ability to lead them? Absolutely not--that's something a lot of Americans can really relate to.

Step 5. Oh, yeah. And I guess someone should eventually tell Skanker that he's going to be running for governor.

So, it's time that we act, my friends! Skanker must be elected Governor of California. Show your support for his candidacy right here in this thread, and if you see him on AIM (Westska21 or IGN64skanker), make sure to tell him something like "Congratulations and good luck. If I were from California, you'd have my full support. You're doing a great service. God bless you." Just don't mention words like 'governor,' 'election,' 'campaign,' or 'vote' quite yet. That part should be a little surprise, don't you think?

You should also help us out by posting proposals for campaign slogans and making banners for signatures. As you can see, my signature now bears the slogan "Skanker for Governor: Because RSL is from Iowa"

If you remember dear old Skank, share your favorite stories about him, and if you don't, feel free to fabricate some. Help the voters out by telling everyone some other things that are his 'bag'.

If you're still not convinced, feel free to raise any questions or concerns about anything at all right here. I'll do my best to answer them. If, for instance, you are not clear as to where Skanker stands on a particular issue, I am fully authorized to act as his official spokesman*.

Thank you for your time and for your support, good citizens.

*This is in no way meant to imply that Skanker has given me permission to speak for him in any way.

Mikztsu
03-16-2013, 05:23 AM

lols poor dottir :D We shared many adventures too!

edit: and Nait, you silly, don't be so silly, you silly. I'm sure you're not alone in posting some smurfed up trout. Most of us probably do feel that way ( the you do, me included), eventhough they shouldn't. It's like a grown man apologising their parents because you cried at nights as a baby and shat alot, and shat dat trout everywhere.

...okay, not the best metaphor but you get the point.

Missed that green little avatar btw. Nice that you posted.

Citizen Bleys
03-16-2013, 05:33 AM
Oh, great, BoB, now you have me digging through archives, too. Anyone remember this?

An Important Public Service Announcement from Del Snizz *snip*

More importantly, does anyone still have his version of the "a date which will live in infamy" speech?

In .wav or .mp3 format, of course. I still remember the content of the speech word-for-word.

Mikztsu
03-16-2013, 05:48 AM
Oh great, all these Snizza quotes got me believe he had really posted here. :( He's probably that Barrack Obama guy or something irl, so no time etc.

Raistlin
03-16-2013, 07:15 AM
Ahahahaha oh man I remember Skanker for Governor. Classic Snizz.

NeoCracker
03-16-2013, 08:10 AM

Now that's just mean. :cry:

Robb
03-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Can't believe this place is still going strong since.. 2001? When I originally joined. Lots of people have come and gone. But the memories will always remain. This place got me through some very tough childhood years.

After making a lot of friends.. Daniel, Nicky, Rinoa, Danni, Daryl, Kawaii Ryuukishi .. and some enemies.. Scottie (I still hate you, try picking on me now) I only have two people that I still keep in touch with via the wonders of Facebook. Which is how I know about this thread now.

So..... Hi?

chionos
03-16-2013, 09:11 AM
Hi Robb. I 'member you.

Nait. Consistently awesome. Still humble.

Don't you know that you're legen

Rinoabella
03-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Woohoo hey Robb!!! You were one of the first people I talked to on the forums when I joined late one night. You and Wishing Star :) I was such a noob back then. I remember I made a thread and the first person to reply was Cid and I was like "aaaaah!" :eek:

Anyone know if Cacky is gonna post? I could try and get Grahf, Raiden and Cute&Dangerous to post cos I have them as FB friends!

Loony BoB
03-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Raiden has posted (as Orestes). :D I'm working on Chaunty, she said she'd post but a little encouragement from yourself never hurts ;) If any of you guys can track down Simon then that would be amazing, and Grahf would be awesome Kel. :D

Mikztsu
03-16-2013, 01:17 PM
/wave Robb. Early days in #EoFF, always remember you. :) Yes, would be nice to get Chaunty to post on this topic too. Again I hear name I had forgotten even existed, how silly. It's kinda like getting free people you never had. Sometimes you forget money in your pocket and find it, by that time it's free money to many.

I soon have 100 gilz. Can I trade my onehundred for something even more awesome?

Cute&Dangerous
03-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Well, it sure has been a while.
A long long while...
Props to LoonyBob for being so persistant to get me on here. :)

When did life get so darn busy?

Loony BoB
03-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I'll echo that... I remember when I was at school, would get home by around 3:30pm and have the rest of the day to do all the nothing I wanted. :(

Mikztsu
03-16-2013, 02:34 PM
That kind of freedom I miss!

Retirement - cannot wait it.

Cute&Dangerous
03-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Now I get this weird guilty feeling when I've been playing video games all day. Which does still happen! I have been playing Chrono Trigger and Grandia recently. :) I was also playing Earthbound not too long ago.. until someone accidently erased the saves by being to rough with the SNES. *sigh*

Cute&Dangerous
03-16-2013, 02:54 PM
This place got me through some very tough childhood years.

That is exactly what I was thinking. :)

Mikztsu
03-16-2013, 03:03 PM
She didn't, you obviously just spent most of your time chatting with her instead of posting with her. :D

I don't know much about this YMCA parody (not as much as I'd like to know, that's for sure) but my fondest memories of Nait are his stories and lore regarding EoFF characters. I think I remember a certain tale regarding Bleys and ...was it Raistlin? Anyway, it was all kinds of raunchy...

EDIT: Also...

To Forgive.

A word in the english language. A word, or idiom, found probably in every human language on Earth. Antaa anteeksi, att förlĺta.

As our saviour Britt stepped down from the Mount Gurugurutsikapovaaaaing, he brought us the message of Shut The smurf Up Before I Make You Hurt Real Much. But he also brought the message of It Is The Final Decision And Nothing Will Budge Us From Unhurting. And he also brought the message of He Stays Hurt. And so forth and so forth. Now, let's read a paragraph from the Edible.

Book of Kishi: 3:
14:
Thus did the apprentice Murder lap-pour His coffee.
15:
And he asked forgiveness on his knees, and he wailed, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please don't hurt me.
16:
And He stood up in his divine glory, and the stains disappeared from his cloak, and his face bore the wrath of the High Heavens and his eyed burned with holy ire.
17:
And he opened his mouth and the white flames of the purifying rivers of Paradise B sprout forth, and the earth shook, and the skies were ablaze.
18: And the seas rose and sunk, and the trees grew abnormally fast, and the trouts swam in discord, and the sausages popped, and the medical closets all over the world opened, and the angels wailed, and the daemons cowered, and the cows mooed, and the bird didn't give a damn, and the houses danced, though slowly, and people shouted out to their Gods saying, Oh, help us, oh he's not going to help us, oh gods, we're smurfed.
19: And He spake, saying: That's OK.
20: And everyone breathed again.
21: All expect he who was called apprentice Murder and who passed out.

Now, let us pray.

Dear Sean, who art up there somewhere, I dunno, probably, if you are not drunk,
Hear our prayers and sooth the heart of those who are in guilt, and those who are in pain of heart. Hear our prayers and bring forth the bonds of forgiveness you gave us last month, because we really, really need them. Oh, and BOU asked for a lottery-win. And BoB wants a new car. But that's about it. And say hi to missus Sean, and tell her we enjoyed her gingerbreads very much. And try to stay outta the spirits for just a little while, eh? Amen.

Pee Ess: I could really use some Old Bearhugger, if you catch my drift, eh, eh.

EDIT: Found some more gold!

It was a warm and sunny spring-day. The snow had just melted, and the rivers were running wild with their new, cold blood.
And here I was, inside in the darkest, dreariest hovel imaginable - a house downtown Eyeson. Correction - a murder scene downtown Eyeson.
I glanced at Dan. "Yikes."
   "Yikes indeed," he answered.
I returned my look back to the sordid view before us. Two bodies, one male in red robes, wearing a golden mask and a long, white wig, one female wearing a Soviet-era uniform and a fake walrus-moustache, arranged in the choreography of love. A choreography paralysed by violent death.
Kinky.
   "Gives a whole new meaning to 'rigor mortis', doesn't it?" I tried to lighten the mood.
Dan just looked at me.
   "The male is Wesley Ruston, 26 year old school-buss driver, lived on Main Street with his mother. The woman is Sheba Mountleigh, 24 years old, married, lived here. Her husband has been out of town for a week, and found them like this this morning."
"They were shot at close range with an old Colt, no fingerprints. A day or three old, we'll have to wait for the lab."
   "Hmmm," I hmmed. "Witnesses?"
   "The neighbours heard nothing."
   "Tricky," I concluded. "The hubby's alibi?"
   "Drinking-binge, followed by off-road driving and a day of sitting in the jail to sleep it off."
   "Tricky..." I repeated.
I looked around at the bustling and hustling CSI. "Outside?"
   "Right."
As we got out of the stinking apartment, I stared at the sky as Dan lit a cigar.
   "Your wife'll go berserk."
   "She'll survive."
I shook my head at him.
   "So..." he said after a moment. "Any ideas?"
   "None whatsoever."
   "Tsk. Too bad." He blew a smoke-ring.
   "I wonder..."
   "What?"
   "Who's going to pry them apart?" I said as I picked out a handkerchief and blew my nose in it.
   "Oh shut up."

To Be Continued.

First of all, Hi Chauntell ( amirite?)! I'm looking at your post count. You never really posted 100? :)

Secondly, I think you now scared Nait away BoB. You slammed to his face what's been keeping him from coming back! You don't have it so bad, Nait. I used to draw some very disturbed stuff with MS paint and post it here. This hobby of mine even carried to FFXI, where I became notorious for posting similar things on LS websites. But this time, penises and asses became involved too. Plus lots of other stuff. Actually I got contact from old FFXI friend and she had two scans which had me in tears.

Seriously though Nait, great stuff. smurf me it made my EoFF experience better when there was another weirdly Finn. :)

Quindiana Jones
03-16-2013, 03:08 PM
I accidentally played for six hours straight a few days ago; finished at 5AM. Was teaching pre-school that same day, as well.

It was rough, but so so worth it. :D

Cute&Dangerous
03-16-2013, 04:10 PM
First of all, Hi Chauntell ( amirite?)! I'm looking at your post count. You never really posted 100? :)

I certainly spent more time lurking and in chat than posting it seems.

Loony BoB
03-16-2013, 04:19 PM
We pruned a lot of posts back in something like 2003 when we actually had to worry about server space. :( You definitely made more than 100 posts.

DK
03-16-2013, 04:53 PM
all I care about is that I'm remembered :love: :love: :love:

Unfortunately, no matter how hard I try to pretend you never happened, it is impossible. I hope that fulfills your wish. :aimkiss:

Cute&Dangerous
03-16-2013, 05:47 PM
I guess maybe I should say more about what I have been up to...
hmmm, well! I'm a social worker and I work at a women's shelter currently. I run and anti-violence group with children and I do counselling. Never thought I'd ever go to university, but here I am with two BAs. I still enjoy doing art but I mostly do it on the side for now.
This is starting to look like a resume.
I still live at home.. but I am looking to move out this summer with my boyfriend.. who is actually more into video games than I am.. and equally charming. :D
Why is it that it seems a only a small paragraph sums up the past 10 years of my life?

Ok, now for the sappy part:
I have read a few people's posts about how this place helped them through their teenage years and I can really relate to that. I was a really shy kid growing up with not much confidence in myself. Coming on here, I fely accepted and I felt like I could be myself without being judged in the way that I had been at school. The people here kept me company when I am sure I would have felt pretty alone otherwise. For that I am very thankful.

Citizen Bleys
03-16-2013, 08:03 PM
/wave Robb. Early days in #EoFF, always remember you. :) Yes, would be nice to get Chaunty to post on this topic too. Again I hear name I had forgotten even existed, how silly. It's kinda like getting free people you never had. Sometimes you forget money in your pocket and find it, by that time it's free money to many.

I soon have 100 gilz. Can I trade my onehundred for something even more awesome?

Get yourself some Triple Triad cards, then challenge me.

I'll only use level 1 cards.

Calliope
03-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Woah, that's awesome Chauntell! That sounds like very rewarding and engaging work.

Can't believe this place is still going strong since.. 2001? When I originally joined. Lots of people have come and gone. But the memories will always remain. This place got me through some very tough childhood years.

After making a lot of friends.. Daniel, Nicky, Rinoa, Danni, Daryl, Kawaii Ryűkishi .. and some enemies.. Scottie (I still hate you, try picking on me now) I only have two people that I still keep in touch with via the wonders of Facebook. Which is how I know about this thread now.

So..... Hi?

I'm glad you stopped by; I was too shy to ping you on FaceBook. You and your fast cars! Hullo.

Mikztsu
03-16-2013, 09:13 PM

I'm awful at it. I'm more into pompous stuff, like duels. Monkey Island sword fight style.

Rantz
03-16-2013, 09:38 PM

I'm awful at it. I'm more into pompous stuff, like duels. Monkey Island sword fight style.

You fight like a cow!

Mikztsu
03-16-2013, 10:30 PM
You fight like a cow!

I wanted to make sure you'd feel comfortable with me.

chionos
03-17-2013, 01:34 AM
dary.

You fight like a cow!

I wanted to make sure you'd feel comfortable with me.

Oh he'll get comfortable with you alright. Rantz is all about the getting comfortable with people.

Also, the 2003 pruning was an unimaginable tragedy. 90% of the best posts to ever happen at EoFF were destroyed by the culling of 2003.

The Man
03-17-2013, 03:14 AM
I have made several offers to attempt to restore the missing posts from the culling of 2003, since the staff apparently either don't have the interest or don't have the knowledge of how to restore them. I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to restore them without trouble either, but I have some ideas. No one seems to want to bother though.

Btw, hi to everyone who's posted since my last post - I had seriously thought I would never hear from some of you again :monster:

chionos
03-17-2013, 03:37 AM
I have made several offers to attempt to restore the missing posts from the culling of 2003, since the staff apparently either don't have the interest or don't have the knowledge of how to restore them. I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to restore them without trouble either, but I have some ideas. No one seems to want to bother though.

Btw, hi to everyone who's posted since my last post - I had seriously thought I would never hear from some of you again :monster:

Not that you aren't already, but you would definitely be my hero if you pulled it off.

Nicolas
03-17-2013, 04:20 AM
Having to catch up on threads is "the pits".

It is great to see a few more familiar faces in here like Chauntell, Silverlocke, and Alixsar. Great to hear how you're doin'.

Loony BoB
03-17-2013, 09:23 AM
There are various concerns I have about attempting to restore posts, but if you like, Manny, PM me with what you've got and we might be in a better position to look into it than we have been in the past.

KoShiatar
03-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Hellow. *waves hand*

Baloki
03-17-2013, 01:21 PM
u.u

qwertysaur
03-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Hellow. *waves hand*
Kosher! How goes the video game testing?

Teek
03-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions Review Videos - G4tv.com (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/18936/final-fantasy-tactics-war-of-the-lions-review/)

I remember my friend showing me this review and about thirty seconds in, the girl says something like, "Even if you never moderated a forum on Eyes on FF".

Not all of us have moderated around here, but most of us have been around a long time in and out, and in the spirit of reunion, did you realize that our little group, spanning over a decade, was mentioned on a third-rate television channel?

We should be very proud, I think. :3

Night Fury
03-17-2013, 05:06 PM

Formalhaut
03-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Such is the power Cid has.

Shauna
03-17-2013, 06:38 PM
One day I'll have this effect on EoFF.

in my dreams ;_;

Danni
03-17-2013, 09:54 PM
... This place got me through some very tough childhood years.

After making a lot of friends.. Daniel, Nicky, Rinoa, Danni, Daryl, Kawaii Ryűkishi .. and some enemies.. Scottie (I still hate you, try picking on me now)

So..... Hi?

Hi yourself, stranger! :-D Still up to no good, I hope? Ditto that rough times sentiment and I can't believe that other bit is still a thing! Ha ha ha. I forgot all about that. ;-)

It's been a week and I'm still checking in to this thread. And it keeps on delivering. :-)

NeoCracker
03-18-2013, 12:25 AM

In his defense, BoB also played a part by pestering old people. At least I think it was BoB, he does that from time to time.

XxSephirothxX
03-18-2013, 07:16 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions Review Videos - G4tv.com (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/18936/final-fantasy-tactics-war-of-the-lions-review/)

I remember my friend showing me this review and about thirty seconds in, the girl says something like, "Even if you never moderated a forum on Eyes on FF".

Not all of us have moderated around here, but most of us have been around a long time in and out, and in the spirit of reunion, did you realize that our little group, spanning over a decade, was mentioned on a third-rate television channel?

This got me curious as to who wrote the review--X-Play's hosts would do the voiceovers, but they had a larger staff of writers who'd actually review the games and write out the scripts--so I did some Googling, and I think I know the guy who wrote it. Well, I "know" him through Twitter, which sort of counts. Going to see if he wrote it, and if he was ever a member here. That'd be pretty neat.

u.u
Baloki finally left site staff, huh. Ah, I'm sure you'll be back. Never could stay away, could you?

KoShiatar
03-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Hellow. *waves hand*

I stopped two years ago. Now I do this: Zenescoop Previews: Grimm Universe #4 and Mega Con | ZeneScoop (http://blog.zenescope.com/2013/03/zenescoop-previews-grimm-universe-4-and-mega-con/)
Look for "Francesca Zambon".

qwertysaur
03-18-2013, 08:44 AM
Hellow. *waves hand*

I stopped two years ago. Now I do this: Zenescoop Previews: Grimm Universe #4 and Mega Con | ZeneScoop (http://blog.zenescope.com/2013/03/zenescoop-previews-grimm-universe-4-and-mega-con/)
Look for "Francesca Zambon".
Wow, that looks amazing.

Robb
03-19-2013, 06:06 AM
Hi yourself, stranger! :-D Still up to no good, I hope? Ditto that rough times sentiment and I can't believe that other bit is still a thing! Ha ha ha. I forgot all about that. ;-)

It's been a week and I'm still checking in to this thread. And it keeps on delivering. :-)

Oh yeah. I hold grudges, like, forever. It's one of my favourite self qualities. I attempted to look for some of the pictures from the olden days, but seems to have been lost. I bet I still have them on a CD somewhere, though.

I was going to post a picture of us from the golden years, then a recent picture. A lot would have changed in a decade.

Edit: Found a quickcam picture that says it was created on "‎Thursday, ‎11 ‎October ‎2001, ‏‎12:11:00 PM" which was around the time I was on EoFF. If my memory serves me, I was actually talking to an international member at the time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/vippin/Meep-Phone_zpsa969eddd.jpg

And then we have me circa 2012.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/vippin/259970_2105998126836_5962241_n_zpse2a5d022.jpg

I really think that's enough posts from me for the next 12 months. I think i've gone past my quota.

Freya
03-19-2013, 06:20 AM
Oh you know you can't resist now that you reignited the flame of eoff ;)

Endless
03-20-2013, 12:17 AM

How could I have ever left, when I was still here...

*points*

in your heart?

Nait of imous dnalnif, long time no see !

Raistlin
03-20-2013, 12:55 AM

Hah, that's pretty cool.

Chimp
03-20-2013, 01:49 AM
HOW AM I DOING?
I'M NOT.

WOULD I RATHER BE CANOEING?
THAT'S A THOUGHT!

I HATE THIS PLACE.

CloudDragon
03-20-2013, 01:50 AM
Wow what a great thread. Hadn't seen so many of those names in a loooooooong time. I may be tempted to post a before after picture like Robb. I was a youngin' when I joined this forum well over holy crap ten years ago. Did Linus pop in this thread at all? Wasn't he banned at some point?

I was always more of a chat guy and I pop in there from time to time. Just a bunch of crazy idlers anyway!

XxSephirothxX
03-20-2013, 03:44 AM

Hah, that's pretty cool.
A guy named Michael Benson (http://www.g4tv.com/articles/54814/final-fantasy-tactics-the-war-of-the-lions-review/) wrote the script for that review. Apparently he was a member here and was/is friends with Necronopticous, but I don't know what his username was.

Cute&Dangerous
03-20-2013, 05:08 AM
Ooh pictures!
Here is a now and then of me :)
I wish I could find an even older photo of my myself.
The picture on the left is from Halloween 2012 at age 25 and the one on the right is me when I was about 16 in grade 10 I believe.

I'd love to see more now and then pictures of other people too!

Cute&Dangerous
03-20-2013, 05:11 AM
Did Linus pop in this thread at all?

I saw a post from him on here somewhere. He was talking about how he is "internet famous" and he shared his youtube page! I have no idea which page it is on though.

The Man
03-20-2013, 05:18 AM
Posts by Linus in this thread (http://home.eyesonff.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=4&searchthreadid=149114&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1)

You're welcome :monster:

Giga Guess
03-20-2013, 06:04 AM
Fabulous as always, darling! Yourself?! :D

Doing great, thanks for asking! :)

Everything is same old same old, Giga....which is good. :) :cat:

Indeed it is, glad to hear it.

Teek
03-20-2013, 06:07 AM
I wish the Mills Day pictures were still around so I could parade old pictures of me, too. :(

Marshall Banana
03-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Necronopticous and I are getting married soon, seems. :plumcheer:

Loony BoB
03-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Ooh pictures!
Here is a now and then of me :)
I wish I could find an even older photo of my myself.
The picture on the left is from Halloween 2012 at age 25 and the one on the right is me when I was about 16 in grade 10 I believe.

I'd love to see more now and then pictures of other people too!
I'll see if I can find an old pick when I'm home. Also, has anyone ever told you that you're immune to the aging process?

I wish the Mills Day pictures were still around so I could parade old pictures of me, too. :(
I'm pretty sure I have these somewhere at home, I'll have a dig around if I remember.

Congratulations! :D When did he propose? How long 'til the big day? =o

NeoCracker
03-20-2013, 03:41 PM
For some reason i thought you two had already gotten married. :p

Marshall Banana
03-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Congratulations! :D When did he propose? How long 'til the big day? =o
There wasn't really a proposal. We just talked about doing it and decided to go ahead with it. =P We already feel like we're married.

Also, there won't be a wedding, 'cause we're not into that. We're not sure what we're doing exactly yet. We just picked out rings last weekend.

Mr Rocko
03-21-2013, 07:17 PM
This thread is still going! NICE! And, I'm still here...lol

Great to see all the familiar names!

KH-Cloudy
03-22-2013, 01:36 AM
I read through all 49 pages and this is how I'd sum it up:

Cid
Cats
Lawyers
Babies
Marriage
BoB pestering people to post :p
A lot of people that will get sucked back into EoFF

PS: Where is Flying Mullet? :(

Freya
03-22-2013, 06:29 AM
Kh-cloudy? I remember you. I also remember how awesome you were/are!

If anyone doesn't notice me by this name I was lekana

CimminyCricket
03-22-2013, 03:32 PM

Cid
Cats
Lawyers
Babies
Marriage

Mullet has been around here and there!

Flying Mullet
03-22-2013, 03:57 PM
You rang?
http://s3.amazonaws.com/quotefully_production/photos/character/f6d66e2498ae11e0907712313b10052d_small

theundeadhero
03-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Code, monkey. Code!

KoShiatar
03-22-2013, 09:00 PM

Cid
Cats
Lawyers
Babies
Marriage

Seems like I'm the only one still not getting her life sorted. My bf of 5 years dumped me at the end of 2011 and now I'm an old spinster with cat. Speaking of which:

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb369/mangomaia/305558_10151354774678055_1254058681_n_zps2422fb3f.jpg

Have some free Shakespeare cat.

rubah
03-24-2013, 04:18 AM
with a cat like that, you don't need a boyfriend.

Raistlin
03-24-2013, 05:07 AM
So to continue the nostalgia overload, Thanos coincidentally left me a usernote today, apparently without having even known of this thread (I made sure to link him here in my response). I think there's only a handful of people who posted in this thread who would even remember Thanos.

Does anyone remember when Cid discovered the FFI website that "plagiarized" EoFF which turned out to be Thanos's? That was amusing.

Chemical
03-24-2013, 05:54 AM
Thus thread initially intimedated me... I don't like to post in anything with a 25+ post count, feels like I've already missed too much.... like walking halfway through a movie.

Anyways, nice to see everyone's stories of life and love, and baby-making. Thanks for the continued support of keeping the species alive. To all the oldbies: You were all a great memory of my past and it is hard to say I would be the same.

Raistlin has been the only one I seem to keep up with which reminds me to give you a call. We are due!

I am working in australia as a waitress while finishing my nursing bscn. No hubbies. No babies.

Pleasure to see you're all well and all my goodlucks and fond wishes you ragged collection of mongrels.

dodhungry
03-24-2013, 06:16 AM
Very interesting to see quite a few familiar faces still haning around here :cool:

Rantz
03-24-2013, 10:12 AM
DODHUNGRY!!!

Heath
03-24-2013, 10:24 AM
So to continue the nostalgia overload, Thanos coincidentally left me a usernote today, apparently without having even known of this thread (I made sure to link him here in my response). I think there's only a handful of people who posted in this thread who would even remember Thanos.

Does anyone remember when Cid discovered the FFI website that "plagiarized" EoFF which turned out to be Thanos's? That was amusing.

Was that the one that was in French/Spanish? Or am I thinking of something else?

Have to say, it's been great seeing some of the people posting in this thread. Takes me back to when I first joined!

Mikztsu
03-24-2013, 01:07 PM
I am working in australia as a waitress while finishing my nursing bscn.

What's with so many being nurses? :) Awesome! Nurses & lawyers & lawyers & nurses

Rye
03-24-2013, 03:06 PM

I can't wait to visit. ;A;

RSL
03-24-2013, 03:48 PM
FEH the last time I tried to get you to post here for RSL Day you said you'd never come back :( :( :(

Hmmm, my apologies. I'm not sure why i would have said that. I don't intend to make a comeback here, I'm way too busy. It was nice to see a lot of names from the past posting here though.

Raistlin
03-25-2013, 03:31 AM

Was that the one that was in French/Spanish? Or am I thinking of something else?

It was in French. Unne had given Thanos permission to translate his old FF Classic into French, and of course Unne's website became EoFF's FFI section.

Raistlin has been the only one I seem to keep up with which reminds me to give you a call. We are due!

Overdue, more like!

Marshall Banana
03-25-2013, 07:05 AM

I can't wait to visit. ;A;
You're already planning my adultery!

KoShiatar
03-25-2013, 08:01 AM
with a cat like that, you don't need a boyfriend.
That's the same thing I thought.

Endless
03-25-2013, 11:05 PM

I do remember him, what with us being more or less the only two French guys around back then.

Jess
03-25-2013, 11:34 PM
Hi. BoB made me do this.

It took me days to remember my password.

Does :jess: still exist?

Shauna
03-25-2013, 11:36 PM
Hay Jess :love:

Leeza
03-26-2013, 03:16 AM

Now you people may finally understand why I kept nominating and voting Leeza for Evilest Member every year. She was a bloodthirsty tyrant who crushed your soul with a smile on her face. She enjoyed it!

Whoa! I missed this post! :cat:

So true, but my 6 Nicest Member Ciddies just wouldn't allow me to be evil without also being nice. Hence the smile on my face. :)

Mikztsu
03-27-2013, 03:06 AM

Whoa! I missed this post! :cat:

So true, but my 6 Nicest Member Ciddies just wouldn't allow me to be evil without also being nice. Hence the smile on my face. :)

Nothing that good :) or :>) cannot fix. :)

Psychotic
03-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Hi. BoB made me do this.

Does :jess: still exist?SHUPA FRANK, SHUPA GOWLSH! :D

Loony BoB
03-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Hi. BoB made me do this.

Does :jess: still exist?
Jeeeesster :D