PDA

View Full Version : Simple Pleasures

Night Fury
03-07-2013, 11:14 AM
What are some of the little things you love?

I love taking my socks off in bed and running my feet across the cool sheets. :jess:
Oooh, and that feeling you get just after you've cleaned your teeth when your mouth feels amazing :D

Parker
03-07-2013, 11:31 AM
The feel of a girls freshly-washed hair running through my fingers on the bus

Night Fury
03-07-2013, 11:32 AM
The feel of a girls freshly-washed hair running through my fingers on the bus

Oh yeah I love it when boys do that to me

Bubba
03-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Waking up to your alarm and being all grumpy... then realising it's the weekend and you don't have to go anywhere!

YES!!!!!!

Pheesh
03-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Long showers and drumming are two that spring to mind straight away.

Sephex
03-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Getting home after a rough day at work and having nothing to do but playing some vidya.

Jowy
03-07-2013, 08:28 PM
cracking my neck and sprawling out on the couch. dangerous levels of comfy happening!

Pumpkin
03-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Hot chocolate. Showers. Being slightly cold and curled up in a blanket and pillow. Rain.

Put it all together and my ideal night would be going out into the rain for a while and coming in and taking a nice warm shower to warm up. Then I would change into some comfy clothes and make some hot chocolate and curl up with a blanket and pillow.

I so want to do this now. Come on, rain.

Rantz
03-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Food. Especially when you're drunk or your body isn't really expecting to be fed, like in the middle of the night, and your entire nutritional system is like AWESOME THANKS

Chris
03-07-2013, 09:56 PM
A nice and spongy Marble Cake. :drool:

Shorty
03-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Getting the biggest coffee cup in the cupboard before anyone else has taken it. MINE, BITCHES

Also finding a good parking spot close to my work. I cannot express the feeling of triumph.

Jinx
03-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Food. Especially when you're drunk or your body isn't really expecting to be fed, like in the middle of the night, and your entire nutritional system is like AWESOME THANKS

Eating right after you wake up from a nap.

Denmark
03-07-2013, 11:32 PM
eating after a long period of work and non-eating. especially junk food

eating the morning after being drunk. especially junk food

also obligatory "rob likes music and gin" line

fire_of_avalon
03-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Hot chocolate. Showers. Being slightly cold and curled up in a blanket and pillow. Rain.

Put it all together and my ideal night would be going out into the rain for a while and coming in and taking a nice warm shower to warm up. Then I would change into some comfy clothes and make some hot chocolate and curl up with a blanket and pillow.

I so want to do this now. Come on, rain.
I think I am gonna do all of this except the rain part.

Also Locky is on lock with that recently-sockless feet + sheets thing.

Having a food item you haven't had for a long time.

Coming in from the cold to a warm fire.

Jinx
03-08-2013, 03:00 AM
Coming in from the cold to a warm fire.

That first blast of air-conditioning after being out in 100+ degree weather.

Faris
03-08-2013, 03:14 AM
Taking off socks and changing into pjs after working all day. Absolute silence.

Jinx
03-08-2013, 03:15 AM
Ooh ooh ooh

I've got a really good one

Taking off your bra.

Denmark
03-08-2013, 03:33 AM
Taking off your bra.

that's the best feeling like omg

Tigmafuzz
03-08-2013, 04:46 AM
Taking off your bra.

Taking off whose bra?

Night Fury
03-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Waking up early and being all "OMG I'M LATE?!" and realising you actually still have like ages before your alarm is due to go off.

Denmark
03-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Taking off your bra.

Taking off whose bra?

well the joke was taking off my own (which i don't wear because i don't have the boobies)

but i guess now that you point it out taking off anyone's bra is pretty darn good

hooray for boobies

Loony BoB
03-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Boobs.
Good food.
Maybe some other things with two oo's in them. Like... Goofy? The Moon?

Calliope
03-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Maybe some other things with two oo's in them. Like... Goofy? The Moon?

Playin airproofed bamboo spoons and basoons with backwoods goons and barstooled hooligans, as the doomed afternoon balloons with a bedroom full of beetroot and bloodletting; knocking boots and books in a cartoonish coordination of cockatoos in cahoots with homeschooled hookers and snooty raccoons dangling a spooky tooth, slamming doors and cooing firewood is as cool as victimhood in the zoo, ooh?

Loony BoB
03-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Cahoots is the greatest word ever.

Shiny
03-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Taking my bra off after wearing it all day and night.
Soaking in a rare, but nice hot bath with epsom salt in it.
Getting a full body massage from my boyfriend.
Getting to stay in when the weather is troutty like it is now. What's better is getting to sleep in when the weather is crap.
Getting things from your job that show you are a little appreciated. Just a little.
Listening to Nujabes on a morning that I've been up all night and about to go to bed and it's sunrise.
Having heat after your house was cold for two and half week though I appreciated it dearly even before the Sandy storm. I hate cold weather.

Night Fury
03-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Taking my bra off after wearing it all day and night.
Soaking in a rare, but nice hot bath with epsom salt in it.
Getting a full body massage from my boyfriend.
Getting to stay in when the weather is troutty like it is now. What's better is getting to sleep in when the weather is crap.
Getting things from your job that show you are a little appreciated. Just a little.
Listening to Nujabes on a morning that I've been up all night and about to go to bed and it's sunrise.
Having heat after your house was cold for two and half week though I appreciated it dearly even before the Sandy storm. I hate cold weather.

Ahh! you've just reminded me of Nujabes, I love the Samurai Champloo OST *goes to listen*

Pumpkin
03-08-2013, 04:03 PM
well the joke was taking off my own (which i don't wear because i don't have the boobies)

Don't be so modest, Rob. I'm sure you have very nice boobies.

But yes, taking off my bra after a long day is a wonderful feeling.

Rantz
03-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Also: Ctrl + F -> "sex" -> 1 match and it's foa's custom title

Ah well, it is the internet after all.

Cloudane
03-08-2013, 05:19 PM
A nice w....
wait, family friendly site :p

Eating Pringles 3+ at a time
Finally taking a leak when you've been bursting for one.

Bubba
03-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Finally taking a leak when you've been bursting for one.

In this instance, it is physically impossible not to go "Aaaaaaaahhhhh!!"

the_best_noob
03-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Taking a 3-minute long leak with enough force to shoot 6 feet.
Boobs
Sleep

Shiny
03-10-2013, 01:46 AM
A three minute long leak doesn't sound healthy.

the_best_noob
03-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Generally happens when you hold it in for way too long. It's probably not 3 minutes but it feels like it

Pike
03-10-2013, 05:23 PM
I don't understand the "taking off your bra" thing; I can't tell the difference between wearing one and not wearing one.

Anyways my contribution:

Sitting down with a nice snack during breaktime at work.

Jinx
03-10-2013, 05:32 PM
I don't understand the "taking off your bra" thing; I can't tell the difference between wearing one and not wearing one.

Anyways my contribution:

My boobs weigh at total of 8 pounds (yes I have weighed them, shut up.)

Wearing a bra creates a ton of strain on my shoulders and back.

SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT

Shiny
03-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Generally happens when you hold it in for way too long. It's probably not 3 minutes but it feels like it

You'll get a bladder infection that way!

Also I wonder how much my boobs weigh. Hmmm, pondering.

Jinx
03-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Going to your regular Indian food restaurant with your family on a cold, rainy day!

Cloudane
03-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Also I wonder how much my boobs weigh. Hmmm, pondering.

>visions of some slight crouching then each one being slapped onto the kitchen scales like a pound of meat

NorthernChaosGod
03-11-2013, 02:24 AM

Anyways my contribution:

My boobs weigh at total of 8 pounds (yes I have weighed them, shut up.)

Wearing a bra creates a ton of strain on my shoulders and back.

SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT

:jokey:

Freya
03-11-2013, 06:25 AM
Shooting things with a rifle. It's so fun and lets me vent all my frustrations.

The bra thing too. I've never weighed them though.... big boobies suck for back problems.

Depantsing after I get home too. I hate pants.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1r1nyxVhp1r8gg83o1_500.png

Night Fury
03-11-2013, 01:20 PM
I think if I tried to weigh my 'boobs' I'd fall over before nipple hit the scale. I can estimate they're probably about 50g each though. :|

Pheesh
03-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Was reminded of another one today at work; really cold drinks on my lunch break on a hot day.

Cloudane
03-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Popping bubble wrap
Winding the car window down on a high speed road and letting the wind run through your hair (like a cheap version of riding in a convertible)

Denmark
03-12-2013, 05:50 PM
coffee time. especially on a dreary rainy day. :}

XxSephirothxX
03-12-2013, 06:44 PM
A really, really good slice of pizza

Every day I walk outside and it's high 60s, with no fog or wind, and feel like it's the best weather ever

Collapsing into bed after a concert, feeling like I could sleep for a year

Showing up just in time to catch a train or bus, no waiting, no running, just right on time

Shoeberto
03-12-2013, 07:22 PM
coffee time. especially on a dreary rainy day. :}
This makes me feel old, but sitting down with a warm cup of joe tends to make for some of my daily highlights. It's even better when it's the weekends at home - we get whole bean stuff by the pound and grind it fresh for every pot, and me and the gf have gotten down to science how to measure it all out so we get two perfect cups. It's just so nice to sit and relax and enjoy it while doing nothing in particular at all.

(A year ago I didn't even drink coffee. So weird.)

Other things:
- Getting home and seeing my dog wag her whole butt in excitement. I mean she normally wags her tail if she's happy, but this is like... she's wagging so hard she can't contain herself.
- Watching the cats in the window early in the morning when they see birds outside.
- Anytime a cat independently comes up to cuddle with me.

Jinx
03-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Rolling your windows down, blaring music, and cruising around in perfect 80 degree weather for the first time since winter.

Unbreakable Will
03-15-2013, 10:08 PM
A cup of cafe vanilla coffee with hot cocoa mixed in, my blanket and raping people on Halo 4. :bigsmile:

Shorty
03-16-2013, 12:35 AM
Booze at work.

Cloudane
03-16-2013, 01:58 AM
Rolling your windows down, blaring music, and cruising around in perfect 80 degree weather for the first time since winter.

Blaring "Winter Wrap Up" :)

Booze at work.

Sadly that would get us fired :P

Shorty
03-16-2013, 03:52 AM
We had booze shipped to our office today because we didn't have enough in-house stock for our St. Patty's Day happy hour. :bigsmile:

NorthernChaosGod
03-16-2013, 06:26 AM
We had booze shipped to our office today because we didn't have enough in-house stock for our St. Patty's Day happy hour. :bigsmile:

I want to work where you work.

Iceglow
03-17-2013, 10:15 PM
the first sip of an ice cold cider on a hot summers day
the feel of silk sheets against naked skin
watching the sunset
the smell of a newly brought book
music
being cuddled up to someone when chilling out (especially on cold days!)

The above list pretty much sums it up for me.

Rebellious Eagle
03-18-2013, 02:50 AM
I like cuddling up under my soft blankets after I get home from school. I live for those little naps after a stressful day. :D