PDA

View Full Version : I sing I Dreamed a Dream

Mercen-X
03-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Vocaroo | Voice message (http://vocaroo.com/i/s1J6lJmkRgXo)

The average opinion would likely be that I butchered a masterful work of emotional music, but let's steer away from such cliches shall we?

Latter lines were cut because I couldn't think of how to pitch them after the "shame" line. I did practice this. Earlier renditions turned out better sounding beginnings, but my pipes were getting scratchy so I had to rush to finish. I should probably just try that Olive Oil thing.

Opinions..? No trolls. No flames... etc.

Chris
03-07-2013, 11:31 PM
I was gonna say gay, but then, it was okay. Great control and your lower notes sound smooth, which isn't always easy. <3 :D

I sing Super Bass, and I will post it soon.

Jinx
03-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Have you ever heard I Dreamed a Dream? Or did you just make up your own tune? xD

Chris
03-07-2013, 11:42 PM
IT IS OKAY TO AD-LIB AND IMPROVISE, MISS THANG

Mercen-X
03-08-2013, 01:06 AM
I have watched Les Miserables at the cinema. Partial motivation for my style is due to being incapable of duplicating Anne Hathaway's pitch in the opening line. Every time I sung it to myself, it came out... I don't know... rockish. I started to wonder how the whole song would sound with more of a rock styling. I did the best I could considering I don't practice singing rock n roll often. I tried looking it up on youtube beforehand for a chance to spare myself undue humiliation, but the closest thing I could find to being a rock style was a performance by Aretha Franklin at the Clinton inauguration. Hers was pretty good but it wasn't what I had in mind.

Shorty
03-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Not bad at all, dude. Better than I would have done. I actually like the tune change-up! I think you just sound too nervous. Maybe you were trying to not be too loud or something, but it just sounds like you're restricting yourself too much.

I will say, though, that some of the notes seem a bit too high for you. Overall, though, it takes guts to record something and to post it online, so good for you!

Mercen-X
03-08-2013, 01:30 AM
yeah, well, I've been told that I shouldn't sing louder to reach a higher note because it apparently screws something up in the pitch. I actually wanted to sing in a higher range but sadly I'm no Vince Neil.

Chris
03-08-2013, 11:22 AM
First lesson in singing: Stick to your range! Stick to your range, and you will be able to sing anything.

nik0tine
03-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Stick to your range, and you will be able to sing anything.Unless it's outside of your range.

Mercen-X
03-08-2013, 04:33 PM
lol. Zing!

Chris
03-08-2013, 06:54 PM
That is a misleading lie! All songs can be lowered to suit your key. But, whether or not if you have the ability to adapt to that, is entirely up to you. :cool: