PDA

View Full Version : Gaming mishaps

edczxcvbnm
03-08-2013, 09:51 PM
This is more about the event that happened rather than the game you happen to be playing so I choose to put this here.

I am sure we have all had a moment when playing a game with friends and everything that could go wrong did go wrong and then that special someone in your life just gave you that extra nudge and you when careening over the edge into a fiery explosion!

My tale didn't happen to me but to Sephex. We were playing the game of life where everything always goes according to plan. Sephex went to school and became a doctor, got married, bought his first house, had a kid and then it all went down hill from there.

With the debt pilling up, he was the victem of a vicious lawsuit. Not too long after, he lost his job and was forced to take a job as an auto mechanic. But he wasn't quite beat down yet. He took on more debt, went back to school and became a lawyer.

It really didn't work out and he lost that job and became mechanic again. It a drunken stupor he bought a boat and some fancy vacations. Things started out so promising and now it was clear he was failing at life.

Then it happened, I landed on the lawsuit space and joking gave him that nug. I claimed I was going to sue him and his last strand of humanity snapped.

"NO! NO! FUCK THIS! Why...WHY. FUCK YOU STEVE! Fuck this game. I kill my wife *flings wife across room*, my kid *flings kid across room* and then I kill myself Benoit style! *throws car across the room along with money and stuff* FUCK THIS! I'M DONE!"

We were all laughing so hard from the moment he snapped because everyone else knew I was joking. But he was in that dark place that you just can't escape from and he heard his name attached to a lawsuit, and lost it. After about 5 minutes of laughter Sephex returned and had the situation explained to him, he continued the game and proceeded to come in last place.

Tell us your favorite gaming tales of that one asshole who gave you the final nudge. Hell...it still could have been me! http://home.eyesonff.com/mafia/116023-mafia-again-game-over-mafia-win-edczxcvbnm-everyones-hero-3-a-21.html#post2468889

Sephex
03-09-2013, 01:52 AM
That game was bullskulls and I lose in Monopoly every time!

EDIT: There was one time edczxcvbnm beat me so bad in Monopoly. I mean bad. He gave me tons of great deals, a free trip around the board, but edczxcvbnm kept on getting great rolls.

The night ended with my father telling me I am no longer his son.

Leeza
03-09-2013, 02:48 AM
Well... all I have to say on the subject of board gaming is that in Canadian Monopoly Dr Unne is ruthless! He has foreclosed on me many a times and left me homeless. :cat:

rubah
03-09-2013, 03:20 AM
I was playing a computer simulation game with my dad and kishi and then my house burned down

Iceglow
03-09-2013, 05:22 AM
I was playing Minecraft with Dan and Paul and had died, I was literally just about back to where I needed to be and even though the game had autosaved like 3 minutes prior, when Dan killed me before I could set a new spawn point. I was literally apoletic with rage just literally like "What in fucks name did you do that for you dumb fucking :bou::bou::bou::bou:!" rage. Dan was dying of laughter so hard it wasn't even funny I was getting more mad by the second until he ended up exiting the game and reloading it putting me right back before he killed me. I laugh now but at the time, I was sooo pissed off if you'd have heard me it was full on ban worthy rage.

Mikztsu
03-09-2013, 08:09 AM
That game was bullskulls and I lose in Monopoly every time!

EDIT: There was one time edczxcvbnm beat me so bad in Monopoly. I mean bad. He gave me tons of great deals, a free trip around the board, but edczxcvbnm kept on getting great rolls.

The night ended with my father telling me I am no longer his son.

Interesting story. Good to see you and Ed are still having good time together. :) Kind of a harsh daddy though.

Psychotic
03-09-2013, 10:44 AM
I was playing Minecraft with Dan and Paul and had died, I was literally just about back to where I needed to be and even though the game had autosaved like 3 minutes prior, when Dan killed me before I could set a new spawn point. I was literally apoletic with rage just literally like "What in smurfs name did you do that for you dumb smurfing :bou::bou::bou::bou:!" rage. Dan was dying of laughter so hard it wasn't even funny I was getting more mad by the second until he ended up exiting the game and reloading it putting me right back before he killed me. I laugh now but at the time, I was sooo pissed off if you'd have heard me it was full on ban worthy rage.
I don't think you did it any justice. We were doing cooltrout halfway across the world from Steve's spawn and we demanded he come over at once. He decided to spend half an hour gathering supplies because he wanted to build a farm. I should point out this was the second time, because he fell down a cliff as soon as he arrived the first time and had to repeat this supply gathering process all over again. We built a quick five minute farm with a huge pile of TNT underneath it and then spent the rest of his scavenge time telling him how amazing this farm was and how he had to come over RIGHT AWAY.

Eventually he completes his huge swim around the globe and comes up to have a look at the farm. I quickly sealed him in with some fencing.... and then, BOOOOOOOM! There is nothing left of our boy or the farm but a giant crater filled with a few of his supplies. Steve flips. "Seriously guys that is not smurfing funny smurf *siiiiiiiigh* Bored now seriously I am about to get really pissed off".

Dan then compounds this by gathering up Steve's remaining supplies from the huge crater and saying "Oh look, I found a bed! I know, I'm going to chuck it in the ocean!" while giggling like a maniac. Well, that's just insult to injury and Stevie lad sounds like he's on the verge of suicide and/or murder. Dan is howling with laughter, calls him a plum, says "the game saved just before you got here" and the rest was history. :jess:

XxSephirothxX
03-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Once a friend and I were hanging out and playing some game--can't even remember what. As I was taking a drink of water, he broke into a Forrest Gump parody voice that he'd used to prank call someone months before. Was kind of an inside joke, and I immediately started laughing...and then choking. And I kept choking. And then I threw up water all over. He got some splash damage.

I don't know what the game was, but it might've been Animal Crossing. We were playing it like crazy that summer--would've been 2003--and we'd even printed out some patterns of Crono, Samus, Vivi, etc. to recreate in the pixel art palettes block by block. Some of those printouts were on the floor, and when they got wet the ink ran and stained the linoleum floor.

He still gives me shit about it to this day. Good times.