PDA

View Full Version : Ps1 Games you HAD to play

Freya
03-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Crash Bandicoot. I wanted to play it so I am... right now.. using a xbox controller. BLASPHEMY!

Spyro was another one I had to beat. and Croc. And Gex. I liked my platformers on the PS1

Of course this is n on final fantasy and it's related friends thread. this is OTHER games than that.

I had a thing for monster raising sims. Monster Rancher, Digimon World, Dragonseeds.

Jowy
03-09-2013, 08:34 PM
MediEvil.

thread's over.

Pike
03-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Metal Gear Solid

/thread

Shoeberto
03-10-2013, 05:17 PM
All. Of. The. Above.

Plus the Final Fantasy games, of course. And Xenogears. And Resident Evil.

Fuck. Nostalgia trip. LAUNCH EJECTOR SEAT

PFEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW IM OUT

sharkythesharkdogg
03-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Ghost In The Shell
Metal Gear Solid
Tekken 3
Xenogears
Chrono Cross
Mega Man x4
Both Tenchus
The Legend of Dragoon
Parasite Eve

Scotty_ffgamer
03-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped
Spyro
Metal Gear Solid
Monster Rancher 2 <- This was my childhood. My sister worked at Babbages and she would bring this home for me every week to play.... until it was gone.
Silent Hill <-I wasn't actually allowed to play this one, but I always watched my brother play when I could get away with it. One of my favorites now.
Ergheiz

Del Murder
03-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Symphony of the Night!

Mikztsu
03-10-2013, 09:26 PM
I would add Broken Sword 1 & 2. Especially the first Broken Sword game was something amazing. FF7,8 and 9 obviously. MGS and Silent Hill. Pro Evolution soccer! ( ISS Soccer or winning 11 in US) I probably miss a few, but those about sum my best PS1 experiences up.

Quindiana Jones
03-11-2013, 02:46 AM
Apocalypse, starring Bruce Willis.

NeoCracker
03-11-2013, 02:49 AM
I swear after I ripped on Xenogears that game is popping up more often around here. :p

Probably just imagining things! :monster:

Pheesh
03-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Crash Team Racing.

Cloudane
03-11-2013, 01:56 PM
I think I may fit in well here....

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX

Wait, NON FF?
Er
er.....
erm....
Ridge Racer.

Shauna
03-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Crash Team Racing.

I was some kind of king at CTR. At least amongst those I knew. xD My talents have all probably been lost though. :(

Bubba
03-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Games currently sitting pretty on my PSVita after downloading them from PSone classics

FFVII
FFVIII
FFIX
Metal Gear Solid
Tomb Raider
Resident Evil
Destruction Derby
Toy Story 2
Pandemonium
Tekken 2

Apart from the last two these are all essentials for me.

EDIT:

Symphony of the Night!

I've just realised that this is available to download in the UK now from PSN so I'm getting on that tonight!

Karifean
03-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Gran Turismo
Tekken 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Worms Armageddon

Formalhaut
03-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Gran Turismo
Tekken 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Worms Armageddon

THANK you! I was getting worried when dear old Worms Armageddon wasn't being mentioned. I absolutely loved that game.. oh, the times I used the concrete donkey!

I second all mentions of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. I've not played Spyro in many years. A shame really, I'd love to play it again. Other games from the PS1 era include... damn. I can't really think of anything else. Oh yes, Destruction Derby. Which I was absolutely crap at.

Burtsplurt
03-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Resident Evil, although I found it pretty scary and only played when I was with friends. I would like to say I was 11 when I played it, but that'd be 8 years out (and I'm not talking about being 3).

But pretty much the only reason why I bought a PS One was for FFVII. One day I'll get it down from the attic and give it another go.

Bolivar
03-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Monster Rancher was unbelievably good. Sad that it can't be made today because no one uses discs anymore!!!

RPG Maker was a game that I absolutely had to own. My mind was racing with possibilities of things I could create, when of course, no game or even playable segments of any length ever came out of it.

And yes, there were those games for other forums, too. Final Fantasy Tactics was probably the greatest feeling to get, since it was very rare and out of print for a few years before Sony finally made it a Greatest Hit. Believe it or not, the first batch had an error with it, so I had to go return it and get a new one before I finally got to play it. It was so worth it. Magical moments.

ShinGundam
03-11-2013, 10:34 PM
At the moment, i want to play Future Cop L.A.P.D. especially after watching this video:
[PS1]Future Cop L.A.P.D. (Japan Ver) 装甲機動隊L.A.P.D. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTFeEjW4S0o)

Other than that, I want few new imports.

CimminyCricket
03-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Einhänder

Freya
03-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Monster Rancher was unbelievably good. Sad that it can't be made today because no one uses discs anymore!!!

CEPT THEY COULD TOTALLY MAKE IT A PHONE GAME WHERE YOU SCAN STUFF. OR EVEN A 3DS GAME WHERE YOU SCAN STUFF. Oh god that excites me.

Slothy
03-11-2013, 11:20 PM
At the moment, i want to play Future Cop L.A.P.D. especially after watching this video:
[PS1]Future Cop L.A.P.D. (Japan Ver) 装甲機動隊L.A.P.D. - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTFeEjW4S0o)

Other than that, I want few new imports.

Future Cop was unbelievably good!

sharkythesharkdogg
03-13-2013, 12:13 AM
Okay, you won me over. Future Cop is being shipped to me as we speak! :hyper:

Slothy
03-13-2013, 01:59 AM
If you have anyone to play it with, the multiplayer is really really good. I played the shit out of that with my uncle for years when I'd visit.

Ultima Shadow
03-13-2013, 02:46 AM
Crash Team Racing.
My fav game to the PS1. Period. Me and 3 friends used to play it all the time. AH, the nostalgia.

I Took the Red Pill
03-13-2013, 12:57 PM
So many great games mentioned already. I'd like to add:

Megaman Legends
Tomba
Coolboarders 3
Jet Moto
NFL Blitz (not a playstation exclusive, but still)

and motherfucking Blasto, son. Say what you will about the gameplay (personally I loved it), but the game is worth it alone for Phil Hartman's wisecracking the whole way through. Sad that you're not still with us Phil, but you live on through Blasto and Lionel Hutz.

Shoeberto
03-13-2013, 02:33 PM
and mothersmurfing Blasto, son. Say what you will about the gameplay (personally I loved it), but the game is worth it alone for Phil Hartman's wisecracking the whole way through. Sad that you're not still with us Phil, but you live on through Blasto and Lionel Hutz.
I forgot about Blasto! That's one of those games that was on a demo disc that I played the crap out of. Geeze. I had no idea Phil Hartman voiced it.

krissy
03-13-2013, 03:49 PM
future cop was legit
but i only had the demo
great fun though, great style

i liked colony wars

and 2 xtreme

spyre

starfighter (though it was a 3do port i think)

Shorty
03-13-2013, 05:46 PM
I looooooved Gex. All of the Gex games were smurfing amazing. I spent a good portion of my childhood fixated on them, Spyro and Crash Bandicoot.

Crash Bandicoot 1-3
Crash Team Racing
Final Fantasy VIII
Frogger (don't even care, I loved frogger)
Gex 1-3
MediEvil
Spyro
Tomb Raider 1-3
Wild Arms 2

I know that I played the Oddworld games but I don't remember much of them. Cool Boarders 3 was damn addicting but not an amazing game.

Old Manus
03-13-2013, 06:08 PM
You all forgot Soul Reaver. Take a moment out of your lives to feel ashamed.

Slothy
03-13-2013, 06:10 PM
You all forgot Soul Reaver. Take a moment out of your lives to feel ashamed.

I didn't forget Soul Reaver. I just owned the superior Dreamcast version.

Araciel
03-13-2013, 07:14 PM
SOTN and Jumping Flash! 2

anyone who hasn't played JF2... I feel sorry for you cause it didn't age well, but it was fucking epic.

Pete for President
03-14-2013, 10:43 AM
What about Tenchu 2 guys, what about Tenchu 2?! :0000

And Vagrant Story.

jade1989sean
03-19-2013, 06:34 PM
the first games i remember are resident evil, worms, destruction derby, die hard, tekken, and i remember on my birthday having choice out of the final fantasy 7 or gta, i chose ff and not long after my brother got it cos we thought it was so good

haduken! street fighters . "Finish him" mk

Hi jade! Just a friendly reminder that most of the time, double posting in threads isn't necessary. If you have a small thing to add to a conversation, try using the edit button! -- foa

fire_of_avalon
03-25-2013, 02:52 AM
Symphony of the Night!
It is a damn shame it took 7 posts to get to Symphony of the Night. If you've never played that game, you need to get on it ASAP.

So many great games mentioned already. I'd like to add:

Megaman Legends
Tomba
Coolboarders 3
Jet Moto
NFL Blitz (not a playstation exclusive, but still)

and mothersmurfing Blasto, son. Say what you will about the gameplay (personally I loved it), but the game is worth it alone for Phil Hartman's wisecracking the whole way through. Sad that you're not still with us Phil, but you live on through Blasto and Lionel Hutz.
I was always kind of secretly ashamed how much I loved Megaman Legends and Tomba (and Tomba 2, I said it) but you give me courage.

Slothy
03-25-2013, 03:20 AM
I was always kind of secretly ashamed how much I loved Megaman Legends and Tomba (and Tomba 2, I said it) but you give me courage.

Don't be. Those games are amazing.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-25-2013, 06:46 AM

Tomba is fantastic. I hadn't played it until last year for the first time, though. It's a lot of fun. Megaman Legends was one of my favorite games when I was a kid. I would rent it all the time, but I sucked at it. I need to get that game again one of these days to play through.