PDA

View Full Version : talking on the phone to people from the internet? is that dial-up internet?

Denmark
03-10-2013, 07:38 AM
yeah so i realized we're all <s>incestuous whores</s> very friendly people who like to talk to each other and sometimes we talk to each other on the phone! so i wonder: have you talked to people from the internet on the phone that you haven't met in person? if so, whom?

all my internet phone conversations have been from eoff and they've all been with ladies and the ladies have all called me rather than me calling them :smug: :ezpimp: :jokey: :otherrelevantsmilies:

said ladies are (in chronological order) freya, jojee, rye, shorty, tifa's boobs. i hope i'm not forgetting anyone because good lord that would be embarrassing

i have met sarah but talked to her on the phone first.

i know some of you are much more whore-ish than i am so LIST SOME NAMES MOTHERSMURFERS

hahahah : ezpimp : turns into a cat that's great

CimminyCricket
03-10-2013, 07:44 AM
I use to text a few people from here rather frequently, and I think I've even spoken with Freya on the phone in the past. I know I've skyped with her and Markus D., but that was years ago when I was way more active on the internet than I am now. I went on a semi rode trip in 2011 and spent most of the drive on the phone with a friend that I met on the internet. I convinced the poor dear that the ghost in her house was going to get her.

Shiny
03-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Hmm...lemme think. I can remember talking on the phone with Shoeberto, Justy, foa, rubah and her bf. I am probably forgetting some people.

Chris
03-10-2013, 09:50 AM
I feel weird about talking on the phone under any circumstances, so no. I get all shy, and my fauex American accent emerges. Horrific. :D

Pike
03-10-2013, 10:47 AM
I feel weird about talking on the phone under any circumstances, so no.

this.

If you wanna talk to me then come meet me in person :colbert:

Calliope
03-10-2013, 10:50 AM
I once rang M4tt pretending to be animal control, saying his neighbours had complained about noise so I was coming to take away his dog :D

Rantz
03-10-2013, 11:13 AM
I feel weird about talking on the phone under any circumstances, so no. I get all shy, and my fauex American accent emerges. Horrific. :D

I'm not good with talking on the phone either. Also long-distance calls. I did talk to Shorty a good deal on the phone before I met her, though.

Miriel
03-10-2013, 11:15 AM
I don't think I've ever talked on the phone with another EoFFer without also having met them at some point. Not super into phone calls tbh.

Shauna
03-10-2013, 11:52 AM
I have been on the phone with one or two of you lot.

BoB, smitten, Zeldy, Jiro. Lenna.

I think that's it.

I don't mind phonecalls. I am super nervous at first, but I ease into natural conversation eventually. xD

Pheesh
03-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Just wait until Sarah "creepy number collector" Cobb shows up in this thread.

Jinx
03-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Let's see...

Phone: Freya, Psychotic, NCG, Shorty, Happy Noodle Boy, Laddy, Denmark, Jowy. Hmm. I feel like I'm forgetting someone.

Some of those conversations were pretty brief/for practical reasons.

Text: Freya, NCG, Laddy, Clo, Shorty, Denmark, Jowy. Again, feel like I'm missing someone.

NCG sends me picture messages. Of what, you ask? I'll never tell. ;)

Parker
03-10-2013, 02:25 PM
I've only spoken to two or three internet people on an actual phone and none of them were from EoFF.

I occasionally send random whatsapp messages to Jiro or Iceglol or Shauna.

Of course, there is also Eoff Skype Cru. We sometimes have group voice chats that I think should happen more often and with more peeps!

Faris
03-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Not enough of you.

Jinx
03-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Not enough of you.

STOP BEING INTERNATIONAL, FARIS, GALL :mad2:

Faris
03-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Not enough of you.

Gosh just get a free North American long distance calling plan or something :roll2

Jinx
03-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Not enough of you.

Gosh just get a free North American long distance calling plan or something :roll2

no u :mad2:

:(

Cloudane
03-10-2013, 02:50 PM
I feel weird about talking on the phone under any circumstances, so no.

This for me as well. I've had two internet friends try to call my mobile before, out of the blue, and both times I just sat there staring at it like a deer in the headlights before eventually rejecting the call ^^'
Same with Skype where a few have done that.

I'd say give me some warning first, but that would just give me more time to worry about it anyway.

I'm just really not good at random chat calls. In round table stuff like forums I am comfortable chipping in, but am not very good at 1-to-1 conversation, I don't know what to say. The phone brings out the worst in this as it's instant and you can't even grin at them awkwardly or busy yourself with taking a sip from your drink or whatever, it's just "{long awkward silence} soooo......"

Shauna
03-10-2013, 03:54 PM
I've only spoken to two or three internet people on an actual phone and none of them were from EoFF.

I will phone you and be all like "Hey Parker!". The rest of the conversation will be awkward silence until one of us have to go do something. :3

Night Fury
03-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Parker!

You whatsapp me sometimes! :(

In fact I still have that excellent Christmas Card thing..

Agent Proto
03-10-2013, 04:16 PM
More people should call me or something. I don't mind, even though I'm probably boring to talk to. I've spoken to several people over the phone from EoFF/Internet.

Night Fury
03-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Anyhoo, I've spoken on the phone to HNB, Jiro and Loony BoB.

Psychotic
03-10-2013, 04:49 PM
If you're British then I probably have spoken to you.

Perhaps my favourite was my 30 second phone call to dear Jojo, however. I think we talked about eggs.

Goldenboko
03-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Eileen, Kaycee. That is all I believe.

Pumpkin
03-10-2013, 05:10 PM
I spoke to sharky a lot on the phone before we met. I text with a few people from here, but I'm actually not big on phone conversations.

Goldenboko
03-10-2013, 05:11 PM
I spoke to sharky a lot on the phone before we met. I text with a few people from here, but I'm actually not big on phone conversations.

Lame-o~!

Pumpkin
03-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Go away, Dan.

You have my number, why don't you call me :mad2:?

Goldenboko
03-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Go away, Dan.

You have my number, why don't you call me :mad2:?

You never asked.

Pumpkin
03-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Touché :|

Goldenboko
03-10-2013, 05:19 PM
I'll drunk dial you next time I'm drunk.

Pumpkin
03-10-2013, 05:20 PM
So later today?

Goldenboko
03-10-2013, 05:20 PM
It's Sunday.

Freya
03-10-2013, 05:49 PM
So thats a yes.

Man it seems like i was everyones first phonecall. I don't talk to too many people anymore since im super busy but I still talk to dan regularly but its mostly about frontsite crap.

Goldenboko
03-10-2013, 05:50 PM
So thats a yes.

Man it seems like i was everyones first phonecall. I don't talk to too many people anymore since im super busy but I still talk to dan regularly but its mostly about frontsite crap.

Nope, Eileen was my first EoFF Phonecall. :p

Freya
03-10-2013, 06:06 PM
I wasnt meaning you. But like denny and boobs and cimmy. I've talked to loads of eoffers. I used to have a crap ton of numbers back when I was trying hard to be e-social.

Shorty
03-10-2013, 08:48 PM

Can't believe I let you sleep in my bed :colbert:

Awrini
03-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Nothing beats the time rubah called me out of the blue and asked me to look up directions for her.

Psychotic
03-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Can't believe I let you sleep in my bed :colbert:Wait wait wait

Shorty slept with HNB?!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/drama_bomb.jpg

Night Fury
03-10-2013, 09:47 PM
If you're British then I probably have spoken to you.

Perhaps my favourite was my 30 second phone call to dear Jojo, however. I think we talked about eggs.

I feel like I'm missing out :(

Awrini
03-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Phone calls are fun and all, but #eoff voice chat parties were the best.

Psychotic
03-10-2013, 09:51 PM
I feel like I'm missing out :(if you or anyone else British wants to hear a derranged man gibbering at them then feel free to PM me your number. I can't tell you when or where I will strike, just that one day I will. And it will be glorious.

Denmark
03-10-2013, 09:56 PM

a conversation with ms. cobb was 100% of the inspiration for this thread. her one post is DISAPPOINTING

escobert
03-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Back in my chat heyday I used to talk to various people on the phone.

Raistlin
03-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Geez, let's see if I can list them all: Emerald Aeris, Jojo, Lynx, Kalilung, krissy, Rye, Freya, Shorty, foa, Clo, and Boobies (though she forgot about me :mad2:). I feel like I'm missing some. Oh, and I did talk to PG briefly one time when I called Lynx and he (PG) happened to be there. That was... an interesting experience.

I've exchanged texts and voice-chatted with Shlup, though I don't remember any phone calls.

Jinx
03-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Nothing beats the time rubah called me out of the blue and asked me to look up directions for her.

Haha, one time I messaged Laddy on Facebook and asked him to call my phone cos I lost it. xD We hadn't spoken on the phone at this point!

Oh yeah. I've talked to Raistlin on the phone.

I can't keep track of you all. You're like fucking rabbits.

Jowy
03-10-2013, 10:24 PM
over ten, less than twenty. i'm gonna call someone right now.

someone who DOESN'T ANSWER HIS GOD DAMN PHONE

Denmark
03-10-2013, 10:25 PM
PG

oh trout yeah i briefly talked to PG when we were coordinating finding each other in nyc. then my phone died and i had forgotten my charger. lolz. also briefly talked to JKTrix for the same reason. faris did we talk on the phone too i don't remember

those were all brief though. the ones in my first post were legitimate conversations, every single one of them

Pheesh
03-10-2013, 11:17 PM

Can't believe I let you sleep in my bed :colbert:

I should have stacked all the furniture on your face when I had the chance.

Tigmafuzz
03-10-2013, 11:35 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about using google to send messages to people's phones or something. Because apparently you can do that.

But yeah I've met a lot of people from around the internets in general, and I would text a ridiculous amount of people every day and occasionally talk on the phone even though I hate talking on the phone. Hopefully that pattern will resume when I escape this facility >.>

Sephex
03-10-2013, 11:38 PM
I have Skyped with various people here and joked texted foa something once awhile ago.

Iceglow
03-11-2013, 01:05 AM
I feel like I'm missing out :(if you or anyone else British wants to hear a derranged man gibbering at them then feel free to PM me your number. I can't tell you when or where I will strike, just that one day I will. And it will be glorious.

This is surprisingly true. I can't even begin to tell you how true. He just calls me up, leaves a voicemail asking me to show his students how to use a blade, calling me a turk and generally being offensive. In return I phoned him up and left a voicemail the other day declaring him to be Mr Eko.

DK once called me and left a full on 15 minute voicemail ranting about how I sold him a table with snot on the bottom. I was on a date at the time, it was fairly hilarious. I ended up laughing so hard I had to play the voicemail on speaker phone for my date to hear, no wonder we never lasted very long...

Daniel Towns has had me on the phone demanding answers before, not my phone though he had me on Baloki's phone.

Agrias had several huge conversations with the british EoFF crew well us and TUH. Who has also spoken to me before on the phone.

A fair few other british eoff members have spoken to me on the phone and more have spoken to me on XBL or Skype or back in the days of PG's Ventrillo server we'd hang out there and chat.

Parker Whatsapps me a fair bit. This is how certain stories about myself and certain admins are born.

If others wish to have my number so that they may call me, leave me abusive voicemails or whatsapp me senseless messages or nudes like Parker does. PM me, it's fine.

Cloudane
03-11-2013, 01:12 AM
DK once called me and left a full on 15 minute voicemail ranting about how I sold him a table with snot on the bottom. I was on a date at the time, it was fairly hilarious. I ended up laughing so hard I had to play the voicemail on speaker phone for my date to hear, no wonder we never lasted very long...

People leave their phones on on a date these days and even listen to voicemails? I thought they were kind of like job interviews and therefore a big no-no :p (I wouldn't know, never done dates, would rather just make friends naturally and develop things from there. I'm weird though.)
Well if they can't take a voicemail about table-snot being played around them they probably weren't worth keeping anyway :D

Iceglow
03-11-2013, 02:33 AM
When I say date, we're talking the girl came to spend the weekend at mine. I ignored the call coming through (we were somewhat occupied at the time ;) if you get what I mean) but since at the period of time in my life I was job hunting pretty extensively I figured a voicemail would be to do with a prospective interview, not DK trolling the shit out of me, when I listened to it and began laughing my ass off it would have been rude not to share what was so funny.

That being said; if I go out on an actual "date" date, the whole world can go to hell in a hand basket before my phone gets answered, or taken off silent.

Faris
03-11-2013, 02:59 AM
faris did we talk on the phone too i don't remember

Don't think so, we mostly texted. If we did it was "where are you? oh see you soon kbai"-type thing. I'm really phone shy, especially back then xD

Raistlin
03-11-2013, 03:05 AM
Oh crap, I somehow forgot about Ashley (Chemical), which is especially bad as I just talked to her within the past few months.

Lonely Paper Star
03-11-2013, 03:23 AM
I've texted with Jowy. Otherwise, it's just Skype with the Skype Cru lol :redface:

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-11-2013, 03:35 AM
Yazoo'sQueen, Faris (before we ever hung out), Ansem, and Freya. That's about it. I have texted some of you guys before, but that's about it. Otherwise Y! group convos (Am I really the only one to mention these?) and Skype convos with some other peeps too.

Laddy
03-11-2013, 04:17 AM
TB and I chatted for a while once. I won't tell you the details of the conversation. :flirt:

Actually, I'm hopelessly awkward on the phone. Dunno why, as I'm okay enough in real life. Just, phones make me come off as scatter-brained and a bit of a mouth-breathing imbecile. :lol:

Jowy
03-11-2013, 07:39 AM
talked to miss lonely paper star tonight. think I'm past twenty now!

Tigmafuzz
03-11-2013, 08:40 AM
I've texted with Jowy. Otherwise, it's just Skype with the Skype Cru lol :redface:

Didn't I send you cat pictures or something? xD

fire_of_avalon
03-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Some. I don't know. More than I can remember. Roogle was the first. Kirobaito though he didn't know it at the time. Cris & Mike. Raist. Shoeberto. rubah. kishi. BoB spoke to my father, once, but never to me. sharky. I think that's it.

Lonely Paper Star
03-11-2013, 03:28 PM
talked to miss lonely paper star tonight. think I'm past twenty now!

And Jowy broke my phone-talk cherry. :flirt:

Didn't I send you cat pictures or something? xD

On Skype. :D

Loony BoB
03-11-2013, 05:10 PM
I suspect I'm missing a few, particularly those who use Baloki's phone. I'm not certain which of those members have been on the phone to me... Psy and Baloki might be able to advise. I'm thinking perhaps Nod or zorander? Hmmmm...

Anyway! The list.

_driftwood (pruned member)
~Chibi*Moonlight~
~Tenderness~
Agent Proto
Ally
Ariel
Ashi
Asorie
Baloki
Big Ogre Umaro
Bombshell
Breath of the Earth (pruned member)
Brian the Pink Shark
Britt
BrittyGoesMow
Cactuar2000
Calliope
Chemical
Chickencha
Citizen Bleys
crono_logical
Cute&Dangerous
Daryl
DK
Doofhull
Emerald Aeris
erik ramza
Etienne
Halan
Hanuben Heiken
Hitokoei
Hsu
Iceglow
Jack
Jewels
Jojee
Kalen
Knox
Laura
Leeza
Locky
Loony JosH
m4tt
Manny
Miriamel
ms_devli
Mum
Nandor (pruned member)
nightpanthera
Princess Usa
Psychotic
Raven1073
Rinoabella
Robb
Roogle
RSL
rubah
Rye
Sakura Yume
Sapphire
Scottie
Shauna
ShlupQuack
Shorty
Silverlocke
Sita Atis
Skye-chan
smittenkitten
Spaceman Spiff
The Man
theundeadhero
Tokki Wartooth
Tweety_ch1ck
Winged Sorceress
Wishing Star
Wyllius
Zeldy

Not including Rantz who has called and left a voicemail, Jowy whom I have left a voicemail and foa who I have left a voicemail (and spoken to her Dad). And, uh, whoever I've forgotten, which could be quite a few people...

Shorty
03-11-2013, 05:12 PM

a conversation with ms. cobb was 100% of the inspiration for this thread. her one post is DISAPPOINTING

I didn't know :( fine, here's the list!

Beowulf
Calliope
Caraliz
Denmark
DK
erik ramza
Happy Noodle Boy
Hito
James Latimer Cockney Rebel or whatever his name is now
Jowy
Knox
Linus
Logie/One Winged Sorceress
Loony BoB
Lynx & Kalilung
m4tt
MecaKane
Miriamel
Miriel
Misfit
Nicolas
NorthernChaosGod
Raist
Rantz
Roogle
Rye
Scottie
smittenkitten
Spiff
Tifa's Boobs
VampireChrono
WildRaubtier
Yar

I am 100% certain that I have left some folks out so if that is the case and you are one of them, my deepest apologies.

* This list also includes very brief phone calls regarding directions or to tell the person I'm lost and running late to our meetup.

Loony BoB
03-11-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm sure you've spoken to Danielle at least once while I was on the phone to you. No? =o

Shorty
03-11-2013, 05:20 PM
I think you're right! I can hear her voice in my head so I must have xD

I seem to think you were both drunk when we spoke.

Mikztsu
03-11-2013, 05:23 PM
I used to have pretty huge phonebills indirectly because of this site eventhough I usually hate talking on the phone, it can be irritating.

Shorty
03-11-2013, 05:25 PM
On more than one occasion my phonebill was over $300 thanks to Rantz :argh:

Mirage
03-11-2013, 05:39 PM
I've talked to a few from here but damned if I can remember who they were.

Well, I remember talking to Agrias. I think the others I talked to are people who aren't really around anymore.

Rantz
03-11-2013, 06:40 PM

:snuggle:

Night Fury
03-11-2013, 09:59 PM

:snuggle:

Get viber and whatsapp you ninnies!