PDA

View Full Version : Dark Cloud 2

Pumpkin
03-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Post about the awesomeness that is Dark Cloud 2. Did you know awesomeness is an actual legit word, according to my spell check?

I am currently on Chapter 5, getting medals (I have gotten a total of 74 so far, and I want 100 for Monica's princess outfit, minus the hair clip, which I will get later.) I am also building up several weapons because there's a lot of them that I want, so I will be on Chapter 5 for a good while.

My boyfriend is in charge of Steve. He has spider legs and his machine gun arms and the body that gives him the red eyes. I used to just give him the roller skates.

My monster badges are at a sadly low level, but I like talking to monsters and I have even typed up what they all say.

I have assigned outfits for Monica for every dungeon because I'm lame and girly like that.

What they have now/What the goal weapon is
Max, Hammers/Wrenches
Digi Hammer/Legend
Kubera's Hand/Big Bucks Hammer
Poison Wrench/Grade Zero
Smash Wrench/Sigma Breaker

Max, Guns
Soul Breaker/Last Resort
Star breaker/Sexy Panther
Grenade Launcher/Soul Breaker
Magic Gun/Supernova
Grenade Launcher/Twin Buster
Dark Viper/Sigma Bazooka

Monica, Swords
Tsukikage/Muramasa
Antique Sword(which totally matches her outfit at the moment)/Atlamillia Sword
Sax/Chronicle 2
Baselard/Shining Bravado
Baselard/Lamb Sword
Bone Rapier/Sargatanas
Bone Rapier/Drain Seeker
Bone Rapier/Evilcise
Gladius/Dark Cloud
Serpent Slicer/Ama No Murakumo
Chopper/Man Eater
Shamshir/Claymore
Shamshir/Dusak
Shamshir/Shamshir (Yes, I know it's weak. But it's pretty. And I added healing to it.)

Monica, Armbands
Athena's Armlet/Love
Pocklekul/Five-Star Armlet
Crystal Brassard/Angel Shooter

Psychotic
03-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Wow now there's a blast from the past. Though in Europe it was released as Dark Chronicle which I think is a nicer name. Steve is a god damn beast. Did you get Monica's ho-bag outfit yet?

Pumpkin
03-10-2013, 06:16 PM
No, and I refuse. Because I have low self esteem.

That is a good name.

mini ninja
03-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Shion i must thank you for reminding me about this awesome game... gotta start searching for it now, since its somewhere at my place hiding xD.

Laddy
03-10-2013, 06:38 PM
I still go back and redesign the towns. Still.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-10-2013, 07:39 PM
FUCK YOU, SPHEDA!!!!

NeoCracker
03-10-2013, 07:40 PM
I both love and hate Spheda. :love:

Best part of the game is Balance Valley and the Crest the Great Sage arc.

Depression Moon
03-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Rented this one time at Blockbuster. I don't think I had enough time with it to judge it properly mostly because I got stuck trying to make the bos show when I got off the train in the forest.

Mercen-X
03-11-2013, 07:12 PM
FUCK YOU, SPHEDA!!!!Good point, though I think I might be better at Spheda now than when I originally played since I've playing Shoot the Apple :p I thought I owned this, but apparently I only have the first one. How many times in games can list the name Steve being used? I know of Steve the slingshot, Steve the bot, Steve from Rogue Galaxy, and Steve Fox from Tekken. Also the default name of the player character in Mine Craft.

I still haven't found time to beat Dark Cloud. Every now and then, I'll pop in the disc and roam around the final dungeon then I'll go months without playing.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-11-2013, 10:55 PM
I've gotten better at it, but I've had the little golf ball glitch out on me about 3 times, and get stuck. STEALING PRECIOUS STROKES, AND PREVENTING ME FROM WINNING THE ROUND. It's heart breaking. :cry:

Also, that damn valley level. Everything falls in the river and goes off course.