PDA

View Full Version : "Um...I dunno, good movies?"

Crop
03-10-2013, 11:34 PM
This was a reply to the question "So what are some of your favourite movies?".
It was followed up by "But not Star Trek or any of that shit" :|

What are some of the worst first dates you've been on EoFF? Bonus points if you excused yourself to the bathroom and climbed out the window.

Pheesh
03-11-2013, 12:05 AM
All of the first dates I had when I was in high school basically. So pretty much all my first dates.

Chris
03-11-2013, 12:17 AM
Dates or physical encounters? Not that there's much of a difference.

Shiny
03-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Not sure if this counts, but in middle school someone asked me out to the Halloween dance, but when I got there they shunned me because I was dressed as a witch. I know it's cliche, but it was my first time being a witch for Halloween. :(

Another sort of bad date was when I some how managed to have two people thinking I was their date at the same time, but it all turned out okay because the the other guy was severely intoxicated and passed out; which allowed me to have a very nice and quiet date with the person I am currently seeing.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Dates or physical encounters? Not that there's much of a difference.

Oh Chris, a man after my own heart!

There was this one date where I realized an hour in, probably less than that, that it was going nowhere fast. Just not that into him. Now, I am a bit of a pussy when it comes to conflict and didn't want to be mean so I was subtly giving hints that I needed to go. I was also starving but did not want to get food with him since he'd take it the wrong way. I mean like the conversation would stagnant and have awkward silences. Yet, he just did not get the hint. Now I am a bit more direct and make shit up or exaggerate the truth when I want to leave.

Then there is always those awkward moments when during the date nothing happens but then they want you to go over to their place (i.e. get it on) but you do not want to. Or you just want sex but they want to just hang out. Or the post-sex want to cuddle or you to stay longer but it is just a one night stand for you and you want to GFTO.

Wow, I sorta sound like an ass/heartless. I guess at times I have been but been trying to move beyond that now. Mostly.

Chris
03-11-2013, 01:27 PM
I hear you, buddy, although I am the complete opposite. I have been on at least 100 dates in the past year or so, and I am always upfront with the guy if I don't feel like it's going anywhere. We meet, have a drink, and take it from there. I don't think it's rude to end a date if it isn't your cup of tea. And to be honest, I don't think that a lot of the guys really care.

Out of the 100 guys I have been on a date with, only like two have been looking for an actual relationship, but it's too bad that I didn't feel a connection with either one of them.

Shorty
03-11-2013, 05:49 PM
On one first date, I met the dude's mom after we had dinner. That was kindof weird.

On another first date, I thought we were going to go to the movies but he took me back to this abandoned house that he had just bought way up in the mountains of Coeur d'Alene that had no furniture in it and no lights and as I look back I could have very easily been in the company of a serial murderer and not known it but I wanted to make out so.

Sephex
03-11-2013, 06:10 PM
"You don't like Nickelback? Who doesn't like Nickelback?"

NorthernChaosGod
03-11-2013, 07:31 PM
On another first date, I thought we were going to go to the movies but he took me back to this abandoned house that he had just bought way up in the mountains of Coeur d'Alene that had no furniture in it and no lights and as I look back I could have very easily been in the company of a serial murderer and not known it but I wanted to make out so.

Tell me you were like 16 or something. O_O

Shorty
03-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Why would that make it better?

I was eighteen.

NorthernChaosGod
03-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Because then you have more reason for being dumb.

Shorty
03-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Like you've never done something dumb to make out with a girl before. Don't even go there!

NorthernChaosGod
03-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Nothing that could have ended with me on a milk carton.

Shorty
03-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Then you live in fear, my friend.

Denmark
03-11-2013, 09:24 PM
i've had maybe one "first date". it went really well. start of what was possibly the best summer of my life.

i never "dated" either of my ex-girlfriends though. ha.

Loony BoB
03-12-2013, 12:11 PM
I've never had a bad date, because I've always been there. What more could anyone want?

Mikztsu
03-12-2013, 02:20 PM
It was pretty wild, I flied to other continent to a whole different culture. Had great time. Talk about adventure. I was mad. Crazy kind of mad living in a moment. And will always remember that madness with smile on my face rest of my life. :)

Pheesh
03-12-2013, 02:28 PM
I've never had a bad date, because I've always been there. What more could anyone want?

Clearly no poor girl has been unfortunate enough to order soup and then had to sit through the ensuing conversation.

Mikztsu
03-12-2013, 02:31 PM

Clearly no poor girl has been unfortunate enough to order soup and then had to sit through the ensuing conversation.

Repped. No I didn't, will do it after submit. And well deserved. :D

Shoeberto
03-12-2013, 02:44 PM
My only first dates ended up with me being in a relationship, aside from the one where I was stood up and never heard from the chick again, but no harm no foul. I sat and drank my coffee with poise while the minutes ticked on excruciatingly then promptly went home and got trashed. It's hard to feel too put down by stuff like that when you're a senior in college.

Loony BoB
03-12-2013, 05:26 PM

It would fit in with my philosophy of always having something to talk about. Better to have a debate over something trivial than to have no conversation at all. When I agree with someone over pretty much everything, things get boring. Anyone who knows me knows I almost always have something to talk about if I'm enjoying myself. :D

Burtsplurt
03-12-2013, 08:38 PM
I had one where the date itself went really well. She was good looking, nice, did charity work etc. Unfortunately, she'd neglected to tell me that she had kids. She did the following day via text. I was so shocked I almost choked on my alphabetti spaghetti, and then I had to play a game of tig to calm down.

Loony BoB
03-12-2013, 09:27 PM
You didn't wanna be the new stepdaddy? :(

Pike
03-12-2013, 09:28 PM
I don't really have first dates because I only date internet boys

Raistlin
03-12-2013, 11:58 PM
A couple of years ago, I met up with a girl I had just been introduced to for drinks, a sort of casual date. She was a local science teacher (physics, IIRC), so at the start it was promising that we could make some sort of connection. We started out striking up a good conversation.

Then at some point she brought up her adamant Catholic anti-abortion stance, and, even worse, expressed outright shock that abortion was legal throughout the country.

No thanks.

Unbreakable Will
03-14-2013, 07:27 PM
On one first date, I met the dude's mom after we had dinner. That was kindof weird.

You do realize that is exactly how slasher films start a good percentage of the time right?

I've only had two bad dates;

First was the girl that I had just met in school not twelve hours before the date, where we went to the movies and five minutes into the pre-show trailers she tried giving me a handjob. I really don't like easiness so I stopped her and never called her again.

Second was a girl that I had met through a mutual friend of ours that I worked with named Mandy, the date went well until the goodnight kiss when I realized/felt that she had a small blonde mustache. Dealbreaker.

Shorty
03-14-2013, 07:28 PM
I said I wanted to make out. :colbert:

Unbreakable Will
03-14-2013, 07:32 PM
That is no excuse, those teenagers in that non-existent horror movie I'm referencing did too. Know how it ended for them?
Badly! :zombert:

Shorty
03-14-2013, 07:33 PM
:(

Unbreakable Will
03-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Well I'm guessing you show better judgement these days so I suppose the point is moot. So we're all glad you weren't brutally murdered and put in his abandoned house's walls!
:bigsmile:

NorthernChaosGod
03-14-2013, 07:40 PM
First was the girl that I had just met in school not twelve hours before the date, where we went to the movies and five minutes into the pre-show trailers she tried giving me a handjob. I really don't like easiness so I stopped her and never called her again.

...do you still have her number? For research purposes.

Unbreakable Will
03-14-2013, 07:46 PM

Are you immune to the clap? A friend of mine got it from her later in that year.
O_o
Gave credit to my instincts.

Pheesh
03-15-2013, 01:07 AM
You can't get clap from a wristy. Just give him the number man, quit stalling! :colbert:

Denmark
03-15-2013, 01:15 AM
will's just lookin out for a bro, bro

NorthernChaosGod
03-15-2013, 01:19 AM

Are you immune to the clap? A friend of mine got it from her later in that year.
O_o
Gave credit to my instincts.

I'm with my boy Phil here. I also like funding the medical industry. :p

Unbreakable Will
03-15-2013, 02:21 AM
Hahaha, well since you're so dead set I would, but fortunately for your genitalia I have long forgotten her number lol

Pumpkin
03-15-2013, 06:03 AM
I once went on a date with a guy who started out as a gentleman. I told him the ice cream sounded good, but after the meal I didn't have enough room left to finish it. He said, oh don't worry about it, have some ice cream. It's a treat. So I said, okay sure, and ordered the ice cream. I ate about half and it was really good, but as I suspected I couldn't finish it before I was full. Then he started complaining that I didn't finish it and I was wasting food and money and he eventually got up and started yelling at me in front of the whole restaurant and then stormed out.

I later found it this was due to drug withdrawals. I was not impressed :|.

Loony BoB
03-15-2013, 08:25 AM
No great loss there, shion, that's for sure - and you got a free meal! Win-win.

Well I'm guessing you show better judgement these days
I dunno, man... I'm surprised there aren't slasher flicks about girls meeting strange men from the internet, personally.

Unbreakable Will
03-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Or from meeting strange women for that matter.
o_o

NorthernChaosGod
03-15-2013, 05:04 PM

I dunno, man... I'm surprised there aren't slasher flicks about girls meeting strange men from the internet, personally.

Someone should get on that.

Jinx
03-15-2013, 07:40 PM

Someone should get on that.

I'm pretty sure they already exist.

Laddy
03-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Any date in which we go to the movies (which I loathe as dates due to being impersonal) usually end terribly. Not just because they're pointless, but also because I get to learn what shitty taste in movies my date has. Like, what are you? A fourteen year old girl? Let's go see Django Unchained or Silver Linings Playbook or a real goddamn movie. Not Paranormal Fucking Activity 4.

Mikztsu
03-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Oh we talking about non-EoFF related interactions here?

I didn't have my pubes yet, I was shy as hell. Probably something to do with the fact I knew shit. Shyness towards stuff like that ended around the time I entered high school. But still mission impossible for me the approach thing.

Teek
03-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Every date I've been on has been "good" even when it was clear it was going nowhere. I just try to act friendly in an "aw shucks" kind of way until s/he gets the point. Then I kind of half-heartedly text until it ends.

Or it ends in sex which is good, I guess. Easiness is fine by me.

I said I wanted to make out. :colbert:I've got an abandoned shack over here, if you're bored. ;)

Mikztsu
03-17-2013, 12:35 AM
Or it ends in sex which is good, I guess. Easiness is fine by me.

I've got an abandoned shack over here, if you're bored. ;)

Sounds legit. You got solid soundproofing there Teek? I myself have been planning to buy one of those Vans without windows and such.

Unbreakable Will
03-17-2013, 01:07 AM
Rape vans are all the rage this year. :cool: