PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, Monday....happy days?

Crop
03-10-2013, 11:46 PM
The endless...and I mean endless debate I have with colleagues in work is what the best and worst day of the working week is (of course this is a standard 9 to 5 office job).
My answer:

Monday - This isn't a bad day, usually I'm refreshed from the weekend, have a fair amount of work to keep me busy (but no one expects anything in this early so nothing urgent), and everyone is catching up on what they did on the weekend, and sport etc. It's pretty relaxed
Tuesday - The worst day. Already I'm sick of work, and weekend recharge has warn off. I hate Tuesdays.
Wednesday - A pretty lame day, except that sweet time when you come back from lunch and realise the countdown to the weekend has begun.
Thursday - Swiftly turning into my favourite day. It's close to Friday, you know you only have one day of work until the weekend. On the downside, not many staff are in on Thursday, so less chat and more work!
Friday - Used to be my favourite, but I find the anticipation of the weekend usually makes it drag for me. Also, everyone is trying to make sure they have all their work done for the weekend. How lame of them!

Share with the world the answer to the most important question of all - Which is the best/worst day of the week!

P.S. Sunday evenings are the worst evenings of the week.

Mindflare
03-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Every week, something different sets me off. Sometimes, Mondays can be great. Other times, I wonder why I even bother with them. I go with the flow too much, I guess.

Pheesh
03-11-2013, 12:03 AM
Sunday. Just the feel of it is terrible, and unless I go out for Sunday drinks then I just lay around thinking about how crap the working week is going to be.

Chris
03-11-2013, 12:06 AM
Sunday. Just the feel of it is terrible, and unless I go out for Sunday drinks then I just lay around thinking about how crap the working week is going to be.
This. The memories of the passing weekend still lingers. :(

Leeza
03-11-2013, 12:26 AM
I think any Sunday is better than any workday just for the fact that you are not at work. I try not to spend time thinking about Monday morning and the work week ahead. However, I still like my job so it's not that bad having to go to work, I would just rather be doing other things. But, Monday is still the worst day if I had to pick one just because it follows the weekend. Best day would have to be Friday because then I can get back to having more time to do what it is that I really would rather be doing. :cat:

Pike
03-11-2013, 12:31 AM
I usually work a four day week and it's usually Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat.

Mondays are pretty good for me. Start of another nice, easy week :)

Cloudane
03-11-2013, 12:41 AM
That's the second time I've heard those song lyrics today!
First was a rather bloody mod to Doom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLKZhu_dgxA

As a fellow 9-to-5er I share more or less the same assessment. I understand the logic behind Tuesday being worse than Monday, but hmm..... I think maybe for me, Monday is just too "ugh, the whole week is ahead of me" and "kind of lethargic from a weekend of drinking" to demote it from the crown of Worst Day.

Friday is by far the best, as that's only a half-day for me and then I get a chance to get some of my own stuff done for the afternoon before partying hard :D

Jinx
03-11-2013, 02:33 AM
I have a very weird work schedule. I go into work at Friday night at 10p, and work until Sunday afternoon at 2p. Therefore, Sundays and Mondays are my favourite days, and Thursdays and Fridays are my least favourites.

Thursday is the worst because I have class at night, and I know I have to go back to work the next day.

Faris
03-11-2013, 02:52 AM
Top days: Sunday (I work at the jewelry store with the two girls I've been getting along with best. Drama tends to sour up the day a bit though), Thursday (at my office job, it's my most productive day thanks to meetings and getting some sit down time with the boss), Friday (short shift then freedom for the rest of the day).

Low: Wednesday (wake up early, spend most of the day feeling like a zombie)

The rest are so-so days, they're not consistently awesome or sucky.

Shlup
03-11-2013, 06:27 AM
My work days are pretty random and I like my job so every day is wonderful! Unless I have to wake up early, then fuck life.

Bubba
03-11-2013, 04:09 PM
I agree (with most) that Monday and Tuesday are the worst days. Friday is my personal favourite as I head into school, play guitar all day with the kids and get paid a load of money for it. You really shouldn't be allowed to have that much fun and still come out with handfuls of cash.

I generally work every Saturday though so that wouldn't be high up on the list for me.

Night Fury
03-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Friday is the worst day for me because I work weekends. My favourite day is probably Monday though.

Shorty
03-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Tuesday through Thursday are the worst days for me. Monday and Friday usually fly by. Saturday and Sunday are superior for obvious reasons.

Tigmafuzz
03-11-2013, 05:11 PM
My days are all the same now :cry:

Bubba
03-11-2013, 05:36 PM

You mean, you don't have different names for them or anything?

Tigmafuzz
03-11-2013, 05:53 PM

You mean, you don't have different names for them or anything?

Instead of "Monday" and "Tuesday," they're Lying-in-bed-all-day #1, Lying-in-bed-all-day #2, etc. all the way up to 31. Tomorrow makes 32. I think. I can't count anymore even

actually no it started on a saturday
what a day
spendin' all day with youuuuu

Bubba
03-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Instead of "Monday" and "Tuesday," they're Lying-in-bed-all-day #1, Lying-in-bed-all-day #2, etc. all the way up to 31. Tomorrow makes 32. I think. I can't count anymore even

That sounds... awesome!

Shiny
03-11-2013, 07:09 PM
This seriously changes every week, but last week is was pretty much like this:

Monday - Working on show
Tuesday - Working then watched the live show
Wednesday - Took off to visit the doctor's office (still got paid for this day anyway because I worked last Saturday)
Thursday - Hell day at work because of a late show and ton of footage. I had overtime.
Friday - Also a shoot with Ryan Reynolds and Emma Stone, but it was much lighter and easier. Got out of there early; well early for me considering I got the footage at 7pm. Hung out with the bf, then slept for what seemed like a really long time, but should've been longer.
Saturday and Sunday - Worked freelance stuffs

This week will also be super busy, but doing a lot of things differently this week as one freelance gig is coming to an end and another project is picking up for this week.

I love Sunday evenings though as they're usually spent watching Shamelesss and The Walking Dead, and attending fellowship.

Psychotic
03-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Monday is usually a pretty busy day as all my clients like to load up my inbox with emails over the weekend so I'm not a fan, although you are quite right in that weekend catch up with life and sports stuff is fun. So I'll say Tuesday.