PDA

View Full Version : Favorite & Least Favorite Voice-Actors/Actresses?

Forsaken Lover
03-11-2013, 02:50 AM
English, Japanese, Spanish - whatever. Come here and list the VAs you love or hate.

Now me, I'm extremely defensive about the English dubs of anime I like. Due to my eyesight, watching an anime subtitled just isn't really practical for me. it would totally sap any enjoyment I could get out of the show. And so, unless I learn to speak Japanese, I'll be watching dubs until I die.

That being said, a couple English VAs I love which a lot of people seem to hate:

Johnny Yong Bosch. His Ichigo can go jump off a cliff for all I care. This is the guy who voiced Vash, my all-time favorite anime protagonist. I also liked him for Sasori in Naruto Shippuden.

Mona Marshall. Jesu seems to love her(because of that "Izzy" character from Digimon i take it? I never watched Digimon) but man does she have some very passionate detractors in one of the fandoms I'm a part of. I loved her as Wolfram in Kyo Kara Maoh even if a lot of my fellows do not.

Stephanie Nadolny. I mainly only know her as Gohan/Goku. I can tell you that not many die-hard DBZ fans mourned her not returning to voice Gohan in Kai.
And I will admit that her raspy Gohan wasn't really that good... I like her for Kid Goku in DB. She made me fall in love with little idiot.

Now for VAs who aren't so divisive:

Paul Dobson. He's Naraku. He has by far my favorite villain voice in any anime ever.

Damaeon Clarke. Okay, maybe he can tie Mr. Dobson. As both Perfect Cel and Younger Toguro, he is the man.

Wendy Powell. As the voice of Envy, I will always adore her.

Mary-Elizabeth McGlynn. I became a fan of hers thanks to Nuriko in Fushigi Yuugi. I then became an even bigger fan of hers when I played some Silent Hill.

...and I don't really hate any VAs.

blackmage_nuke
03-11-2013, 10:14 AM
I like Paul Eiding, Jennifer Hale (pretty much the entire mgs1 cast for that matter) and Grey DeLisle.

Cloudane
03-11-2013, 02:56 PM
If someone who is normally an on-screen actor (but has done Fallout 3) counts, I reiterate from another thread: Liam Neeson. His voice is too awesome.

Otherwise, has to be Tara Strong! I enjoy her performances as Rikku, Twilight Sparkle and Bubbles but more importantly she's really awesome with her fans, seems to genuinely love what she does and is all-round cool with her internet presence (Twitter etc).