PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Clone Wars cancelled

Scotty_ffgamer
03-12-2013, 01:58 AM
I don't know if anyone watches this series, but I just read today that the show has been cancelled. This was sad news for me simply because I just decided to start watching the show a couple of days ago.

Apparently they are still going to show some more short story arcs (whether on tv or as movies, I don't know), but there will not be another season. It is good that there will still be some more Clone Wars stories released, but it makes me wonder if the show will end up receiving a solid end, or if there will just be some of these story arcs released with no real conclusion to the show. Does anyone currently watch this show? What are your thoughts on the cancellation?

Del Murder
03-12-2013, 04:21 AM
This was still on? It had a good run, didn't it?

CimminyCricket
03-12-2013, 04:24 AM
Yeah, but I want to know what's going to happen to Aska Tonoka or whatever her name is. I've read the books starting at the New Jedi Order and more specifically Vector Prime and I don't recall hearing anything about her.

Shorty
03-12-2013, 06:02 AM
Is that that weird 3D Star Wars show on Cartoon Network?

The 3D weirded me out. I didn't like it.

Mercen-X
03-12-2013, 06:34 AM
I liked watching it... until I no longer had Cartoon Network. Then I stopped.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-12-2013, 06:36 AM
That's the one! I believe the animation did improve as the series went on, though. I was turned off to the show by the way it looked when it first came out, but it seems like a pretty fun show from the few episodes I've seen here and there.

edczxcvbnm
03-12-2013, 08:14 PM
This is a bit of a weird cancellation. Most of the time the cancellations come from the networks...seriously like...all cancellations come from the networks but for some reason this one is coming down from Disney/LucasFilm. Considering the popularity of the show, it doesn't make much sense. At least give it a few more episodes or a TV special or two to wrap things up for the viewers (thx Fox and Fringe!).

That said, I watched only the first season and I enjoyed it. It was fun and creative at times which is everything the new prequels were not.

Unbreakable Will
03-13-2013, 06:19 PM
George Lucas needs to be cancelled. Leave the damn series alone Georgie-boy!

I love Star Wars but that Clone Wars series was a travesty in 3D.

Greatermaximus
03-13-2013, 10:11 PM
More Star Wars. I watched it some time back.

Christmas
07-18-2022, 11:43 AM
Thought it ended at Season 7 or so?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
08-29-2022, 01:11 AM
What a time capsule this thread is.

So glad they brought it back and ended up making a final season.