PDA

View Full Version : Surprise! There's another Drakengard game in development.

XxSephirothxX
03-12-2013, 11:32 PM
A poster at NeoGAF just wrote (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=49910226) that this week's issue of Famitsu magazine in Japan includes a new Dragon-on Dragoon, aka Drakengard, game.

It's still an action RPG. No details on developer or publisher yet, or platform. There are two characters revealed, the main character is a girl called Zero, and her younger sister is One. Zero is an Utautai - some sort of person with special powers. She has a flower growing in her right eye. Her sister One has an artificial left arm.

This may not end up belonging in the Square Enix forum, since someone else could be publishing the game. Cavia developed the first two and Square Enix only published the first one in the West (Ubisoft published the second). But most people probably still think of Drakengard as a Square Enix series.

So, yeah. Kinda weird, right? It's been eight years since the last one came out. I've never played the Drakengard games, but I know they have their fans.

CimminyCricket
03-12-2013, 11:39 PM
I'm really excited about this and jealous of you if you're able to post on NeoGAF. I've been waiting for my account to activate since 2007. I loved the Drakengard games and I'm going to tell my girlfriend until she won't listen any more that I'm excited.

XxSephirothxX
03-12-2013, 11:51 PM
I'm really excited about this and jealous of you if you're able to post on NeoGAF. I've been waiting for my account to activate since 2007. I loved the Drakengard games and I'm going to tell my girlfriend until she won't listen any more that I'm excited.
It's a much better source of information than interaction, trust me. :P There are some sub-communities that are all right. Lurking>posting overall, though.

That thread has gotten a bit more information from Famitsu. Apparently the game is confirmed for the PS3, and Square definitely owns the IP, so they're at least publishing it in Japan. No word on the devs though!

CimminyCricket
03-12-2013, 11:59 PM
They're certainly a strange bunch. "It has to be iOS" "IOS" "ios" "No word on anything, so it has to be iOS." It's horrible. xD

Reading through the thread, though anyway. Thanks for the heads up! I Google Drakengard 3 on a semi-regular basis just in case.

Freya
03-13-2013, 04:02 AM
Interesting info! I never played the games, well i played a demo but I never owned them.

CimminyCricket
03-13-2013, 04:03 AM
They are games worth picking up, I promise.

Freya
03-13-2013, 04:10 AM
Buy them for me and send them to me.

CimminyCricket
03-13-2013, 04:17 AM
I have them and I may be willing to lend them to a friend :)