PDA

View Full Version : The clubbing experience

Formalhaut
03-13-2013, 12:22 AM
Last Friday night, it was my friend's 18th birthday and she invited me and a group of friends clubbing! This seems perfectly normal, until you remember facts about me including:

Is completely tee-total
Socially awkward in groups
Hates loud music
Hates drunk people
Can't dance

This is going to go well, I thought to myself. However, I ended up having an amazing time, and they even convinced me to have two drinks: a jagrebomb and a tequila slammer. It was better than expected, which is an obvious plus. I'd go again if invited.

So, when you are going clubbing, what do you guys do? What are your favourite drinks and whatever? How often do you go clubbing?

Shauna
03-13-2013, 12:31 AM
I used to be super self-conscious about my dancing when in clubs. But then I learned to not give a damn and just have some fun with my friends.

But yeah. When I do clubbing it's just a bunch of dancing, and maybe some chatting if we can find a quiet corner somewhere. Don't go terribly often because I am poor. xD

Favourite drinks? Can't go wrong with a Southern Comfort/Morgan's Spiced and lemonade. Peach schapps is alright too, as is Bacardi. :3 Tequila is awful though. Don't know how that can ever go down "better than expected". xD

CimminyCricket
http://i.qkme.me/3ozvtu.jpg

Well, the first true social interaction I had with my fiance back in 2010 that didn't involve me verbally assaulting a mutual friend was in a club. I was drunk as trout, couldn't remember her name and dry humped the hell out of her leg on the dance floor. If I wasn't so drunk I had whiskey dick, I'm 80% I'd have finished.

That being said, that was my most successful club experience. I am the whitest white boy that the universe has ever conceived. My dancing usually consists of not using my arms for anything (except balance if there's a chick in front of me, then I hold her hips to keep from falling) because I don't know what to do with my hands. I am usually so drunk I try dancing with old ladies, other dudes or whatever chick will have me. I danced my junk in a midget's face once.

I don't really drink anymore and I've only been drunk probably 4 times in the last year. When I use to drink regularly I'd pregame before leaving the house and only buy beer at the club. Pregaming consisted of as much monster and captain coke as I could hold and still walk.

fire_of_avalon
I don't go out much anymore because most of my friends are married and boring and/or pregnant, but generally we go to bars with live music, and I drink Jack Daniels. Or sometimes we go do zumba in the club, which is hilarious because it's a bunch of people in work-out clothes in this gay club downtown that is all steel cages an purple lights.

Shlup
03-13-2013, 02:09 AM
I haven't gone out clubbing/bar hopping in a long time 'cause I am one of those
married and boring and/or pregnant people.

Also, I'm under the impression that the purpose of these places is to interact socially with strangers, which I don't care to do. I've been with my husband since a couple of weeks after I turned 18, so I have no reason to talk to males who aren't already my friends.

Denmark
03-13-2013, 02:09 AM
me verbally assaulting a mutual friend

storytime pls

i haven't gone to a "club". i've been to dance parties when i was in college, which are basically the same except for the people. they're not my thing. i like getting drunk and bulltroutting with friends and being able to hear them.

i like gin and tonics. in fact, i think i'll have one right now.

CimminyCricket
03-13-2013, 02:14 AM
There isn't really a story to tell on that one to be honest. xD It was a staple of our relationship that we hated each other. On either the second or third time I met my fiance I was drunk/hung over on said friend's couch wearing boxers, a t-shirt, and a squirrel puppet. The puppet and I were shouting obscenities at the 'friend' who wouldn't get my YooHoo out of the fridge.

Agent Proto
03-13-2013, 02:25 AM
I don't go to clubs. I've only gone to several in my life, and most times I just sat around doing nothing. Once or twice, I went to a club while at the philippines. Not much, but once I downed a few drinks, I had a fun time, had to go with my cousins though.

Pheesh
03-13-2013, 02:34 AM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnkh6tnY7Z1qj44ruo1_500.gif

This was basically me and my friends at clubs for about 2 years. Then I realised I hated it and that it is the biggest waste of money ever. Every now and then I'll go clubbing again to remember why I hate it, but I much prefer just going to a crowded bar.

Parker
03-13-2013, 02:43 AM
I'm definitely a pub guy. Clubs kinda suck. I'll go once in a while though.

Jowy
03-13-2013, 06:24 AM
too many dicks on the dance floor.

Citizen Bleys
03-13-2013, 06:33 AM
Can't stand clubs. Too many people, too much noise.

Give me a nice quiet tavern with no more than 6-8 other people any day.

kotora
03-13-2013, 06:36 AM
I like clubs but usually only if I had a good time drinking before we get there. It also depends on the company and the crowd. If I'm in a good mood, buzzed, and there's nice girls around, it's definitely gonna be good. Bit of dancing here, some messing around with friends there, and of course trying to pull girls.
Otherwise, I just like to chill in the VIP sections (which we could afford back in Portugal - not likely to happen anytime soon until I go party in eastern Europe this summer :|) with a drink.

Clubs can definitely suck if you're sober and there's not a good crowd, though. I think the problem is that people expect too much on a night out. They get all dressed up and get hyped and they're all like "omg tonight is gonna be awesome" and whatnot and think it's gonna be good, but a lot of time it's just going to suck because the experience depends on other people. Can't have any expectations when it comes to that kinda thing. At first I used to be like that too, but when you go out more often (like 3 times a week) you stop giving a shit and just roll with whatever's going on.

tl;dr: Clubs are good if there's booze, banter and birds.

Freya
03-13-2013, 07:09 AM
I've never been to one so.....:gator:

Shiny
03-13-2013, 07:48 AM
Clubs have many creepy people but if you in large groups it's a blast. I would never go to a club with just girls unless it were a private party in the club. I tend to not stay clear of clubbing because of large crowds in not so large places are overwhelming, but I had my first really great clubbing experience recently at a house club and I love that music. I was sober when I first started dancing but felt so comfortable when my group started dancin before me. It got entertaining even with the creepy people and we were able to sit down to drink or rest our feet.

NorthernChaosGod
03-13-2013, 08:23 AM
I only go to clubs when there is an artist performing there that I want to see, and only like two places here do that for people I actually like. I go to bars when I go out with my friends to drink; bars are better than clubs. I will either get beer or a simple cocktail like Jack and Coke.

Aulayna
03-13-2013, 09:30 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/36096123.jpg

I much prefer just going to a bar and sitting down and just chatting with friends.

Night Fury
03-13-2013, 09:40 AM
I love clubbing. There's loooooads of great ones in Newcastle. A few weeks ago we went to a retro bar and they were playing everything from Destiny's Child to Kool and the Gang. Great times.

When I drink I get what's on offer, usually you get like 3 trebles for £5 so I'll get a treble rum and coke which tastes like absolute shit but, meh, who cares by that point I'm drunk as shit anyway and will drink anything.

Pike
03-13-2013, 10:22 AM

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-13-2013, 11:30 AM

You. Montreal. Now. GAY CLUBBING TIME! :D Pike, you can join too!

I rarely go clubbing, since I am not that into the "gay scene" as it were. I do like dancing and when I am in the mood I love clubbing, must loosing yourself to it and having a good time. I don't get drunk or anything, just go with some friends (or I once went alone). After a few drinks I get comfortable and just enjoy myself. I dunno if I know how to dance or not, do not really care. I kinda dance like a girl, but whatever. I will grind with a hot guy, but let's face it: my lower regions rule me.

Also, gay clubs > straight clubs. At least here. Not even to do with the fact that there are more hot gay men at gay clubs, just bigger dance floors where EVERYONE is dancing and enjoying themselves instead of a small dance floor with mostly girls and a few guys and it is WAY over-crowded.

Otherwise, if I am not in the mood I prefer a pub or a bar with a few close friends just chatting with hopefully not loud music.

Shauna
03-13-2013, 12:12 PM
I'm definitely a pub guy.

I much prefer just going to a bar and sitting down and just chatting with friends.

Yeah, as much as I enjoy the occasional night out to the club, I do much prefer sitting in a pub/bar. Heck, I'd rather have people round to my house for a chat and a few drinks.

Faris
03-13-2013, 12:20 PM

You. Montreal. Now. GAY CLUBBING TIME! :D Pike, you can join too!

Let's all go! My coworker wants to take me one in Montreal, so partay!

The only thing I like about clubbing is the drinks, everything else I could do without. It's something to try at least once.

Mikztsu
03-13-2013, 12:23 PM
These days, I usually go to this Rock club which as live bands perform weekly. And if it's something that I like. They also have proper nightclub in their basement floor, with the kind of music that I can appreciate, unlike the clubs that go with their usual crap I don't like.

Psychotic
03-13-2013, 01:18 PM
I remember once on young Steve's birthday we went to one and I found it so dire I started playing rock paper scissors with Steve in the middle of the dancefloor. People seemed impressed like we were being ironic hipsters or something. Somehow that made it even worse.

Chris
03-13-2013, 01:41 PM
I work hard every day, so I reward myself with a night out every Friday or Saturday. I usually go out with a friend or two, and we usually go out to couple of gay clubs and party till dawn. We have lots of fun, and it's fun to cruise the bathrooms. :chuckle:

I have been so some truly crazy places... underground Heavy Metal rave parties. Drag Queen clubs, gay saunas, bear clubs and stuff. :(

Cloudane
03-13-2013, 01:50 PM
I think it depends on the club.

Our local "pit" (basically, the only place left open after midnight on a weekend) is something I tend to avoid because all the a-holes go down there and start fights and I'm very nervous around rowdy people as it is, plus it's a pain getting served. It's your typical "pile in" overcrowded British dump full of rowdy people who can't handle their drink / drink too much.

OTOH I've been to a trance night in a popular Manchester club and it's a whole different world. Rather than pissed up everyone is drugged up (except me, I'm a goody goody and don't touch the stuff). The upshot of this is that they tend to be really friendly and chilled out. Depending on what they're on of course, some are just staring into space... well, entranced. You'd certainly not have to worry about your dancing/flailing performance, no one is alert enough to be taking any real notice and besides with trance do's the gist of 'dancing' is "put your hands in the air and wiggle a bit"

I enjoyed it, and can handle staying up until 4-5am or whatever as is par for the course with these things, but it's not something I like to do often. It is still a long night and a big drain and generally speaking whilst I enjoy it now and again most of the time I'd rather be sat at home internetting to the wee hours instead like a proper geek. Plus I only drink before going in for two reasons
1) Drinks in there are stupidly expensive
2) Going for a leak is impossible (especially if you have shy bladder syndrome)
and I find that the more sober you get the less fun clubbing gets. It's sort of like how most people feel about doner kebabs.

Sephex
03-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Cops hit way too hard, would not recommend.

kotora
03-13-2013, 01:57 PM
I work hard every day, so I reward myself with a night out every Friday or Saturday. I usually go out with a friend or two, and we usually go out to couple of gay clubs and party till dawn. We have lots of fun, and it's fun to cruise the bathrooms. :chuckle:

So what happens in these gay club bathrooms? Is it true they are dark dens of depraved debauchery? I've only been in a gay club once and don't remember going to the bathroom. Maybe because the drink is too fucking expensive in Ireland:mad2:

Bubba
03-13-2013, 01:57 PM
generally we go to bars with live music, and I drink Jack Daniels.

This sounds like my perfect night out. Live music and JD. It doesn't get much better than that.

Also, I'm under the impression that the purpose of these places is to interact socially with strangers, which I don't care to do. I've been with my husband since a couple of weeks after I turned 18, so I have no reason to talk to males who aren't already my friends.

That isn't necessarily the case. I think a lot of people go to clubs to dance and have a good time with their friends. I also think that not speaking to members of the opposite sex just because you are married is quite a sad way to live. I have a girlfriend but that wouldn't stop me making friends with other girls.

i like getting drunk and bulltroutting with friends and being able to hear them.

This is me too. I love going to pubs/bars that play decent music as long as it isn't deafening. My clubbing days are well and truly over and to be honest... I never really enjoyed them anyway.

Chris
03-13-2013, 02:28 PM

So what happens in these gay club bathrooms? Is it true they are dark dens of depraved debauchery?
Well, you can put all plans of national defense on the shelf, and figure out a personal defense for yourself. :(

Shorty
03-13-2013, 02:54 PM
I went to a gay club once for New Year's Eve, and it continues to be the nest NYE experience I ever had. Somehow, though, I still managed to get harassed on the dance floor by straight guys trying to rub their gross boners on me. I came here to not have to deal with that goddamn it! :aimmad:

Never been to any other clubs before, though. There is nothing that appeals less to me than a club. I have been to many bars for musical performances, but I don't consider those to be the same thing.

Chris
03-13-2013, 03:19 PM
I went to a gay club once for New Year's Eve, and it continues to be the nest NYE experience I ever had. Somehow, though, I still managed to get harassed on the dance floor by straight guys trying to rub their gross boners on me. I came here to not have to deal with that goddamn it! :aimmad:

A lot of "straight" guys cruise the gay clubs for women. It's pretty disgusting, although, a lot of them aren't really straight. Trust me. :roll2

Cloudane
03-13-2013, 03:39 PM
There are also probably a lot of bisexuals. There's not just "straight" and "gay" ;)

Jinx
03-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Never been to a club. My friend She's 21st is next month, and I think we're going then. I might take the previous weekend off for comicon, though, soooo.

I really have no desire to ever go clubbing.

krissy
03-13-2013, 03:54 PM
i like going with girls cause they always wanna dance

guys are less fun and they don't dance as fun sorry boys. on the other hand i do know some guys that also just let loose, those are fun

i can't really dance but that's never stopped me from bustin' moves

but music is important too. very few dance clubs play good music regularly, i'm lucky to have found a good one nearby

Unbreakable Will
03-13-2013, 04:25 PM
The only club I've ever been to was a gay/transsexual club called Play in Nashville. Nikki took me after she'd been with some friends. I was nervous at first because I've never been comfortable around people in groups. It was nerve wracking at first, notably because of the androgynous bathrooms, but I had a few Cuba Libres and I eventually felt calm enough to enjoy myself.

I did not dance. No amount of alcohol can convince me to embarrass myself that thoroughly. :eep:

Old Manus
03-13-2013, 04:44 PM
I go to the club quite often as I try to squeeze the last drops from my hangover-retardant youth. I think 70% of the enjoyment is derived from the quality of the music in there, 10% the quality of the women, and 20% how inebriated I am. I could never go there sober, and usually go to a few bars beforehand before heading to the club after midnight. I'd like to say my swag has gotten better with experience, but it's probably the opposite.

Also, don't go to clubbing if you're a tee-totaller. It just makes you that guy.

Ouch!
03-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Let's put it this way: I lived in Miami for five years (four of which were in college) and went to a club on South Beach only once. I went to some other clubs off the beach, but never enjoyed it enough to justify spending the kind of cover to get into a big-name place.

It's not my scene.

Shorty
03-13-2013, 05:11 PM

A lot of "straight" guys cruise the gay clubs for women. It's pretty disgusting, although, a lot of them aren't really straight. Trust me. :roll2

There are also probably a lot of bisexuals. There's not just "straight" and "gay" ;)

I am 99.9% certain that this was a 100% straight guy. He fixated on me and my girlfriends and was there for the NYE party to pick up chicks.

Calliope
03-13-2013, 05:55 PM
The nightclub - that sorry percolation of so many things I abhor: Waiting in lines, being surrounded by dancing people, smoke, courtship, "popular music" that squiggles annoyingly in your ears, provocative clothing - it's just not for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYP2C8qn-Kk

I tend to find refuge in Irish pubs - the high-beamed ceilings, trivia nights, author readings, generous pours of scotch, relative quiet, and propensity toward peacoats and bobbly hats are much more welcoming to Joe and I.

I am tempted to post a nightclub-related story, but it's a bit embarrassing. I wonder if I've told anyone here :greenie:

Shorty
03-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Post it post it post it! Share all the embarrassing nightclub stories!

Burtsplurt
03-13-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm teetotal and largely dislike clubbing, but every now and again it's pretty good.

I make sure that I turn up late to avoid the boring part where people I don't particularly like spend time drinking, presumably so they can tolerate each other. Then I start dancing. Some people say that they can't dance unless they're totally drunk, but I've never understood that. Maybe they're just scared of looking like a pillock. I've never let that affect me.

Shorty
03-13-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm under the impression that TTs get designated driver duty a lot.

kotora
03-13-2013, 07:42 PM

So what happens in these gay club bathrooms? Is it true they are dark dens of depraved debauchery?
Well, you can put all plans of national defense on the shelf, and figure out a personal defense for yourself. :(

So you're saying I should totally try it?

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-13-2013, 07:48 PM

Yeah, it is kinda creepy when you have to protect your female friends from the creeps in gay clubs. There's always at least one. I need to learn a hand signal or something, cuz I had no way to warn a friend once that the guy was not hot and a total creep. And I refuse to grind with my friends (which is how another friends protected herself from creeps with a friend of ours).

@Faris: Just tell me when! Even though I work, I can always go after work. Also I know a place that is open on Thursdays too. And it really depends on what sorta crowd you want too!

Jowy
03-13-2013, 08:58 PM
androgynous bathrooms

i totally freaked out at the club here when i saw a girl washing her hands next to me in the same bathroom and thought i drunkenly shuffled into the wrong facility. then a guy and gal came out of the unisex stall and it was pretty obvious what just went on so i figured that was tame in comparison.

Chris
03-13-2013, 09:16 PM
"Bisexual". Right. :roll2 I'm not entirely sure that any of the so-called straight guys I have "encountered", were "bisexual". I was bisexual for nearly twenty years.

Formalhaut
03-13-2013, 11:22 PM
While I did enjoy my first clubbing experience, I do prefer a 'quieter' locale, such as a pub, or a bar. Seeing people throwing up, the police patrolling in those vans... yeah. Maybe not go to that particular club.

Night Fury
03-14-2013, 02:32 PM
While I did enjoy my first clubbing experience, I do prefer a 'quieter' locale, such as a pub, or a bar. Seeing people throwing up, the police patrolling in those vans... yeah. Maybe not go to that particular club.

Seeing people throwing up is nothing.
I once watched a girl pull her knickers down and piss WHILE walking down a nice street, she then fell over her own knickers and slipped into her own piss.
This was at about 9pm and she was completely smashed. Hilarious.

CimminyCricket
03-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Seeing people throwing up is nothing.
I once watched a girl pull her knickers down and piss WHILE walking down a nice street, she then fell over her own knickers and slipped into her own piss.
This was at about 9pm and she was completely smashed. Hilarious.

Hot.

Cloudane
03-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Yikes :p

I don't understand how people can stand the embarrassment of getting into that kind of "completely and totally out of it" state repeatedly (not saying she necessarily does, but I know some people do)

The only time I've been down to the "putting bodily waste in the wrong place" levels out "out of it" was one of my first times heavily drinking, in this case my bedroom was the bathroom. Apparently I came downstairs with my pants down crying (I was ~21) and asking for "a mop or something". I couldn't even stomach the thought of alcohol for 2+ weeks after that and have never let myself get that drunk again :confused:

Teek
03-14-2013, 04:04 PM
I loved to go to clubs for awhile, but it really is just about sex. Oh yeah, and dancing, I guess. After awhile, I figured out easier ways to achieve that kind of thing. Also, it is definitely true: straight clubs are exceedingly boring. The girls like feeling desirable without having to do anything, and it seems every man there seems seedy. I never went to a gay club, but if it's anything like the gay bar/straight bar dichotomy, I'm sure it's more fun.

I don't understand how people can stand the embarrassment of getting into that kind of "completely and totally out of it" state repeatedly (not saying she necessarily does, but I know some people do)

That's easy: they don't. I know I don't. I'm too drunk to care. It's awesome.

"Bisexual". Right. :roll2 I'm not entirely sure that any of the so-called straight guys I have "encountered", were "bisexual". I was bisexual for nearly twenty years.

Well, it does exist. Whoops.

Unbreakable Will
03-14-2013, 07:39 PM
androgynous bathrooms

i totally freaked out at the club here when i saw a girl washing her hands next to me in the same bathroom and thought i drunkenly shuffled into the wrong facility. then a guy and gal came out of the unisex stall and it was pretty obvious what just went on so i figured that was tame in comparison.
Yeah, the same night Nikki followed me to 'watch out for me' turns out she was right to do so because a very large, not fat I mean tall as Sasquatch, transgendered woman told Nikki right in front of me that she was right to look after me or I might get snatched up. Or something to that effect, I was a tad buzzed.
:(
I was scared after that.

Iceglow
03-16-2013, 11:59 PM
I go out regularly I enjoy it I don't have to get wrecked every time I just need to have a good time. Though it must be said that most of the time I'm just out in a late bar not in a club. Same atmosphere, smaller scale, better lit and generally speaking cheaper.

Last time I went to a full on club was probably my work's Xmas Party at Hippodrome Kingston. Barcadia whilst we term it a club loosely in that we have to pay to get in and the music is ridiculously loud is definitely a bar, it's even in the name of it. I might go to Barcadia once a month or so.

I generally dance, mess about with friends and drink in that order. I don't care what people think of me on the dance floor but I'm told I can actually dance. Drinks wise I go for Beer mostly though depending on my mood I'll drink anything.

Shlup
03-17-2013, 11:01 AM
I also think that not speaking to members of the opposite sex just because you are married is quite a sad way to live. I have a girlfriend but that wouldn't stop me making friends with other girls.
Well I don't avoid talking to them any more than I avoid talking to anyone else. I don't really have an interest in making new friends in general, and most males stop talking to me once they figure out I'm married anyway.

Teek
03-17-2013, 03:56 PM
I also think that not speaking to members of the opposite sex just because you are married is quite a sad way to live. I have a girlfriend but that wouldn't stop me making friends with other girls.
Well I don't avoid talking to them any more than I avoid talking to anyone else. I don't really have an interest in making new friends in general, and most males stop talking to me once they figure out I'm married anyway.
I'd be interested to hear about the strange stories of the men who keep talking even after they find out you're married.

Also, Bubba: being married and having a girlfriend tends to be a different thing in people's eyes.

Chris
03-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Went out clubbing on Friday and Saturday. My body and wallet is broken.

Formalhaut
03-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Went out clubbing on Friday and Saturday. My body and wallet is broken.

I don't even want to know how your body is broken.

You must be walking pretty bow-legged Reno. :p

Cloudane
03-17-2013, 06:49 PM
I talk to married women a fair bit and don't necessarily want to sleep with them? :confused:
Same goes for married men.

Maybe an interest in both makes you also consider everyone equals more easily or something, can't be that unusual though?

Bubba
03-17-2013, 07:02 PM
I don't really have an interest in making new friends in general, and most males stop talking to me once they figure out I'm married anyway.

Not all men who talk to you are trying to sleep with you, believe it or not. I just think someone who says they have no interest in making friends is a little sad, that's all.

Also, Bubba: being married and having a girlfriend tends to be a different thing in people's eyes.

There is no difference whatsoever. Apart from a ring and piece of paper, what actually changes? Are you implying that someone who merely has a girlfriend is more likely to cheat than if they were married?

Iceglow
03-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Looking back at this thread, and seeing the post by Paul. That club was fucking god awful. Jack is a complete ass for having dragged us in to it. Still the colbert dance and the rock paper scissors on the dance floor was pretty funny. You probably wouldn't enjoy Barcadia much either since it's very urban in terms of environment but it's a fun night out.

Heath
03-18-2013, 01:10 AM
I absolutely loath nightclubs. I'm not a heavy drinker, I don't like loud music, and I resent anybody using the word 'party' as a verb.

I've been out to them probably about a dozen times, usually because it was somebody's birthday and I felt obliged to go. I can't dance to save my life and am not really a fan of modern music.

Much rather sit in a pub, have a few pints of ale (or some soft drinks tbh) and talk to be honest. Some of my best nights out at uni was spent wandering around the pubs in York city centre for a few hours every other Thursday discussing history and politics with a regular group of four course mates, having a few pints of various real ales (usually at least one at a nice cheap Sam Smith's pub) and walking a couple of miles back after last orders at about midnight, occasionally with a pasty in hand, moaning about how cold it was.

Yeah, I was one of the wild ones!

I Took the Red Pill
03-19-2013, 07:09 AM
Clubs are OK every once in a while. Like most others, I would normally prefer cheaper beers in a more relaxed setting. But if it's a really good club (e.g. Guvernment in Toronto) and you don't go clubbing too often, it can be a great time. Especially if you can find someone who can introduce you to Molly :spin:

NorthernChaosGod
03-19-2013, 08:35 AM
I knew a website full of nerds would hate clubs.

Iceglow
03-19-2013, 11:08 AM

So does this make us the minority for not being nerds on the internet, or for not being nerds on eoff?

Shiny
03-19-2013, 06:04 PM
1. I'm a nerd
2. I don't hate clubs

Being a nerd doesn't automatically mean you're anti-social although I am socially awkward :monster:.

Cuchulainn
03-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Depends on the fucking club. Raves are fantastic. Clubs filled with pruning wankers is another thing.

I can find something to enjoy almost anywhere. You all need to learn to adapt.

Shorty
03-19-2013, 06:25 PM
I've always wanted to go to a rave!

Psychotic
03-19-2013, 06:27 PM
I knew a website full of nerds would hate clubs.Well, what does Eyes on Guido Douchebags Who Have Small Penises Due To Persistent Roid Abuse have to say on the subject?

Cuchulainn
03-19-2013, 06:38 PM

Best things ever. Extacy everywhere, music pumping, not to be sniffed at

NorthernChaosGod
03-19-2013, 08:48 PM

Go to one.

Jinx
03-19-2013, 08:52 PM
I want to go to a rave with NCG, Shorty, and Jowy.

Let's make this so.

NorthernChaosGod
03-19-2013, 08:53 PM
I want to go to a rave with NCG, Shorty, and Jowy.

Let's make this so.
I'm going to EDC (http://electricdaisycarnival.com/) if you guys want to meet up.

Shiny
03-19-2013, 09:06 PM
There is a rave after Otakon that I really want to go to. And apparently the hotel parties are also worth attending.

Cuchulainn
03-19-2013, 09:36 PM
I think it's cute America is finally understanding dance music and rave culture 25 years after Europe did it.

NorthernChaosGod
03-19-2013, 09:42 PM
I think it's cute America is finally understanding dance music and rave culture 25 years after Europe did it.

EDC has been going since 1997. :colbert:

Cuchulainn
03-19-2013, 10:13 PM
dance music has only just taken off over there. i'm aware it existed as a small subculture since the start. Seeing as how it was America that basically invented techno and house i still find it strange that the producers and DJs had to come here to make their money.

NorthernChaosGod
03-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Well I don't know, man. It's weird how everyone knows about it now.

Cloudane
03-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Being a nerd doesn't automatically mean you're anti-social

Not liking clubs doesn't automatically mean you're anti-social either, just to put that out there :p

It could be argued that the quiet pub kind of place is more social as you can hear well enough to hold a conversation ;)

escobert
03-21-2013, 01:30 AM
I don't go clubbing.

dance music has only just taken off over there. i'm aware it existed as a small subculture since the start. Seeing as how it was America that basically invented techno and house i still find it strange that the producers and DJs had to come here to make their money.

Because nobody wants to hear womp womp womp trout all night long. We seek out the wompers at festivals and make sure they have no power supply to play their horrid crap. And the dance house crap has been around forever it just isn't popular because well it's annoying.

Cuchulainn
03-21-2013, 01:47 AM
I don't go clubbing.

Because nobody wants to hear womp womp womp trout all night long. We seek out the wompers at festivals and make sure they have no power supply to play their horrid crap. And the dance house crap has been around forever it just isn't popular because well it's annoying.

Oh dear. Someone's suffering butthurt. It's clear many want to hear it kid, and ir's now thr most popular form of music in america. Ya may not like it, and you're free to be a miserable bastard all you want, but many many many many people love it.

escobert
03-21-2013, 02:22 AM
I'm not butthurt. If people were blasting the Backstreet boys near my camp site I'd make sure they didn't have power either. Why get buthurt over shitty music when I can just cut your power and not have to listen to it? :D

Bunny
03-21-2013, 02:32 AM
Or be an adult and ignore it.

escobert
03-21-2013, 04:05 AM
Kind of hard to when they're 20 feet from you with their system cranked as high as possible at 4 am.

Shiny
03-21-2013, 06:56 AM
House music is great to me. I don't know about it's popularity, but it has a huge following in New York City and a lot of DJs over here will only play that music. I think a large part of the reason why it's so big here is because of the breakdancing, but I find even outside of the East Coast a lot of clubs will play it instead of techno or trance. My mom's entire side of the family will only listen to House and dance in House-style at family reunions. I guess that's a large part of why I'm so comfortable with going to clubs that have this music.

NorthernChaosGod
03-21-2013, 08:04 AM
I like how this thread is now about EDM. <3

Iceglow
03-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Dance music is fun, when I'm out in a bar/club I don't want rock music I did the rock club scene a good few years back and most people there were moody fuckers. I want to go out and celebrate, have fun and if possible, get laid. I'm not interested in being moody when out drinking, if I wanted to be like that I could generally speaking stay at home and drink alone. And sure I get that I'm stereotyping the rock-scene in to a bunch of moody fuckers but compared to the people I tend to meet out on nights in dance clubs I do find that the average mood level is a lot higher than that in a rock club.

Cuchulainn
03-21-2013, 01:44 PM
House music is great to me. I don't know about it's popularity, but it has a huge following in New York City and a lot of DJs over here will only play that music. I think a large part of the reason why it's so big here is because of the breakdancing, but I find even outside of the East Coast a lot of clubs will play it instead of techno or trance. My mom's entire side of the family will only listen to House and dance in House-style at family reunions. I guess that's a large part of why I'm so comfortable with going to clubs that have this music.

House music isnt my thing really. Too slow tempo and just..meh. I appreciate it but ib prefer drum & bass and old techno. Both house & techno are American inventions but unless you lived in Detriot, New York, Chicago and parts of SF, LA and mid West it was never popular at all beyond a base level. Until quite recently when somehow it's completely blown up.

And Bert if i was in the next tent and you cut my power I'd smack the fuck out of you and set fire to your tent.

Old Manus
03-21-2013, 02:28 PM
And Bert if i was in the next tent and you cut my power I'd smack the fuck out of you and set fire to your tent.thunderdome

Cloudane
03-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Speaking of loud music and quiet pubs, sadly our local has gone loud now.

Used to be great until a couple of months ago, constantly winning the local CAMRA pub of the year award year after year. Then a young loud partygoer type took over as manager.

In went a TV for sport
In went a jukebox

Jukebox is now quite consistently on MAXIMUM VOLUME playing absolute garbage so you can't hear yourself think let alone hold a conversation :(

Kind of run out of nice quiet venues for proper beer now in our town. There are basically 3 that have plenty of well-kept guest ales:
One is a foody pub with every table being a food table, so it's always packed to the rafters with people eating and nowhere to sit if you just want a drink (nowhere to stand either really, unless you want to be diving out of the way of hurried waitresses all the time)
The second one got turned into a sports bar (stereotypical nerd here, I hate sport) and the TV is always on and always blaring football or rugby of some sort
That left this one, which is now a party pub.

Gah.

Iceglow
03-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Speaking of loud music and quiet pubs, sadly our local has gone loud now.

Used to be great until a couple of months ago, constantly winning the local CAMRA pub of the year award year after year. Then a young loud partygoer type took over as manager.

In went a TV for sport
In went a jukebox

Jukebox is now quite consistently on MAXIMUM VOLUME playing absolute garbage so you can't hear yourself think let alone hold a conversation :(

Kind of run out of nice quiet venues for proper beer now in our town. There are basically 3 that have plenty of well-kept guest ales:
One is a foody pub with every table being a food table, so it's always packed to the rafters with people eating and nowhere to sit if you just want a drink (nowhere to stand either really, unless you want to be diving out of the way of hurried waitresses all the time)
The second one got turned into a sports bar (stereotypical nerd here, I hate sport) and the TV is always on and always blaring football or rugby of some sort
That left this one, which is now a party pub.

Gah.

Well it's a case of build a bridge and get over it I'm afraid.

Cloudane
03-22-2013, 02:32 AM
Isn't it possible these days to act a grumpy old fart without being told to "get over it"? Hmph.

Pike
03-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Isn't it possible these days to act a grumpy old fart without being told to "get over it"? Hmph.

Nope. You get accused of nostalgia goggles too. It's horrible :( I just want to be a grumpy old fart in peace

Clo
03-30-2013, 07:58 PM
I went to clubs when I was 18 and it out of my system while I was still dumb enough to find them "fun." Bad things always happened, and all of the guys were disgusting. I will never go into one again.

Give me a dive bar.

Loony BoB
03-30-2013, 10:38 PM
I prefer bars and pubs, definitely. Being able to hear people is great, and I'm no dancer.

I've been to a few clubs when Danielle and her mates manage to drag me along for whatever reason, maybe a dozen or so times overall. It's alright, but as mentioned, the yelling over the music is annoying. The drinks are generally rubbish, too, which doesn't help.

Anyway, perhaps my most memorable experience is the one time I did get pulled onto the dancefloor by Danielle and three of her friends. It was one of the friends' birthday and I was the only guy who showed and naturally, despite me being taken, this meant I got a lot of attention from the four girls. I protested that I can't dance and was perfectly happy just watching their drinks, but they said something like "Don't worry, come on, you don't need to dance, you can be our pole." So I pretty much stood there on the dancefloor looking at the four girls who were gyrating all over me for a good few minutes. I didn't really have any opportunity to dance with any of them in particular as they were moving around me so one girl was never in front of me for long... it wasn't as fun as one would think. I mean, it was fun, but it's not like they were going to strip off their clothes or anything (basically it was a group cockteasing) so it didn't really make up for the relatively boring time I had during the rest of the evening. Great girls, but I just couldn't hear a word they said.

Since then, Danielle has only got me on the dancefloor a couple of times, but overall I'm definitely better off in bars and pubs.

kotora
03-30-2013, 10:54 PM
You gotta grind those asses when they're up against you bro :monster:

Loony BoB
03-30-2013, 10:58 PM
On, I didn't have a choice on that matter. They were all grinding against me. I was thoroughly compacted between the four ladies and could barely move. xD They were rather drunk by that point.

Formalhaut
03-30-2013, 10:58 PM
I went out again on Thursday. We didn't go 'clubbing' per se, but we went to this bar that was actually very good. We had something called a 'fishbowl' as there was about nine or ten of us present. That was nice. I don't normally ever drink but I did have some drinks. The night turned slightly sour though. Primarily because of four things:

- One of my friends had a spontaneous nose-bleed, that lasted a very long time. I was getting worried!
- One of my friends was diabetic and had an episode of low blood sugar, so I had to go and buy her a sugary snack
- One of my friends had too much to drink, and threw up and generally was quite ill. We had to nab a taxi for her home
- Two of my friends had a disagreement and there was bad air between them for a while

It was quite a strange night actually. It went very very well for the first half (say 7:00 - 9:50) but then it suddenly went downhill. It took me by surprise because the nose-bleed and the diabetes episode both happened at roughly the same time. Which was odd. I still enjoyed it, but the final hours of the night went abit awry!

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/fishbowl-drink-110.jpg?w=500
Is very nice

Jinx
03-30-2013, 11:14 PM
Wow. Too many possibilities for backwash for me.

Chris
03-30-2013, 11:19 PM
I woke up to the sight of four pair of feet. I don't know what happened. Again. :(

Jinx
03-30-2013, 11:24 PM
You had a foursome?

And you can't remember it?

Time to take a break, bro.

Sephex
03-30-2013, 11:29 PM
You had a foursome?

And you can't remember it?

Time to take a break, bro.

No, he just fell asleep on the job. He's a foot doctor. The memory loss could be explained by being depressed that's he a foot doctor.

Jinx
03-30-2013, 11:30 PM
Or he's a serial killer who collects his victims' feet as trophies.

Sephex
03-30-2013, 11:31 PM
Or he's a serial killer who collects his victims' feet as trophies.

Kiss the Girls was a pretty good movie, yeah.

Iceglow
03-31-2013, 09:57 PM
I went out to a club in Kingston this Friday, club must've been tiny it holds maybe 200 people tops! Still was an alternative music student night or so and bar staff were pretty friendly, place was cheap too. Ended up chatting to a girl for all of 2 minutes and then snogging her which was hilariously funny for me as all I heard from my work friends I was with was this German accented "WHAAAAAATTT? NO WAAAY!" then a very distinctly British voice replying "Yep, that's Steve for you... bloody predator!" (Natascha and Owen talking)

Shauna
03-31-2013, 11:24 PM
Is very nice

What cocktail is this, out of curiosity. :3

Formalhaut
03-31-2013, 11:26 PM
Is very nice

What cocktail is this, out of curiosity. :3

No idea, just a generic image I got from Google Images :D

I think the one we had though in our bar was something called Tutti Fruiti. It did have Vodka in it (obviously), but I don't tend to remember the other ingredients.

Shauna
03-31-2013, 11:29 PM
Thought you'd taken a fancy picture of your cocktail. x3

Sounds pretty good though, if the recipe I found on the internet was indeed what you had. :D

Formalhaut
03-31-2013, 11:35 PM
Thought you'd taken a fancy picture of your cocktail. x3

I didn't, but one of my friends did. I dug it out for you Shauna!

Aulayna
03-31-2013, 11:39 PM
Cocktails are my kind of night out

Shauna
03-31-2013, 11:41 PM
Despite your wording, Aulyana, I agree. ;P Cocktails are wonderful and if I can I will get a pitcher to myself and be merry for the evening.

Formalhaut
03-31-2013, 11:50 PM
I enjoyed it the most.

I also had a cocktail called Sex on the Beach. That was absolutely heavenly. Just like sex I suppose, so I can see why they named it. ;)

kotora
04-01-2013, 01:07 AM
Have you tried gin-tonics, McLovin? They're pretty good when you're at a club and you gotta keep going for a few more hours. Just sip a gin-tonic and when you're done you get the next one. I prefer them over getting for example vodka with juice because some clubs will serve industrial shit when you ask for vodka.

Back in Portugal, we had this bar where we'd get a bunch of shots before we headed to the clubs at around 3 am. Whiskey + Safari + Absinthe (we called it a Lion King- what we called a regular Lion was whiskey + Safari), or Absinthe + tequila + coconut rum + some other colored stuff were our favourites. If you wanna get completely fucked up, ask for a "submarine" - a shot glass filled with absinthe dropped in a 0.5L glass of beer and you gotta down it all at once.

Cloudane
04-01-2013, 03:05 AM
As a grumpy old fart, I can vouch for earplugs! What a revelation! The ones I have at least, seem to work in such a way that:
- You can still hear the music (sometimes it's actually pleasant, just way too loud) but it's not a deafening, ear-bleeding smurfing racket. If you didn't want to hear it, it's easier to ignore. If you did, hey, you still can!
- You can, oddly enough, hear what your friends are shouting a lot clearer than you could without them

I'm just in the process of getting used to them. I'm aware that if you have earplugs or earphones in, you tend to shout louder than you have to, so I overcompensate and end up not speaking loudly enough.

krissy
04-17-2013, 04:45 AM
i hope this aint too old

cause i just found the best club mix

https://soundcloud.com/hennessyyoungman/cvsbangers

Marky Tee
04-18-2013, 06:54 PM
i love going clubbing
going out, getting steaming drunk, eyeing up all the hot girls
it could be a rock club, dance, rave ( no r n b or hip hop tho, that sucks)

but i also like getting drunk at home with the lads/laddies
i just like getting wasted really

Chris
04-19-2013, 12:16 AM
I had the greatest cocktail served in a penis shaped cocktail glass. Can I post a pic? Probably not.

kotora
04-19-2013, 12:31 AM
That sounds amazing chris! Bring on the pics.

Cloudane
04-19-2013, 12:34 AM
Whole new meaning to the word cocktail :p
I doubt it's allowed sadly

Iceglow
04-19-2013, 12:48 AM
I put a whole new meaning in to the word Cocktail several years ago. My partner in crime my dear Paul was there to witness it.

NorthernChaosGod
04-19-2013, 01:33 AM
I put a whole new meaning in to the word Cocktail several years ago. My partner in crime my dear Paul was there to witness it.

...testing Paul paul Pauwl

Iceglow
04-19-2013, 02:27 AM

...testing Paul paul Pauwl

The filter applies to me only. Some people I'm sure would probably like it to upset me. The problem is, it just makes it too easy for me to make it look like me and Pauwl are in some kinky homosexual relationship. I'd at least like having to work for it.

paul paul paul paul paul.

NorthernChaosGod
04-19-2013, 04:35 AM
I just thought you were being weird for a while, man. Didn't realize it was probably a filter until right then.

Formalhaut
04-19-2013, 06:11 PM
I had the greatest cocktail served in a penis shaped cocktail glass. Can I post a pic? Probably not.

Send it to me on Facebook Chris: it would actually make my day and make me laugh my head off.

Shoeberto
04-19-2013, 06:39 PM
i hope this aint too old

cause i just found the best club mix

https://soundcloud.com/hennessyyoungman/cvsbangers
I wanna know what love is.
I want you to show me.