PDA

View Full Version : Why do I have this open, again?

XxSephirothxX
03-13-2013, 01:29 AM
I have a big monitor, and oftentimes I'll open browser tabs and forget about them for hours or even days on end, then look at them and realize I have no idea why they're open in the first place.

Sometimes stuff gets weird.

http://shop.smashpansy.com/image/cache/data/prints/ad-400x400.jpg

Today it's the Moe Moe Garrus Chan Body Pillow Cover (http://shop.smashpansy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=78). I clicked on a twitter link and it's been open all day.

What strange, scarring, or perplexing things do you find open on your computer or sitting in your copy/paste clipboard?

Pike
03-13-2013, 10:24 AM
I've had a couple of tabs of The Imperial Library open for a week or so now because I'm slowly working my way through various TES lore books :shobon:

Faris
03-13-2013, 01:01 PM
The Skype group window. Weird shit happens there, especially while I'm away.

Shauna
03-13-2013, 01:02 PM
The Skype group window. Weird shit happens there, especially while I'm away.

It stays open all the time. I can never truly close it. xD

Shorty
03-13-2013, 02:57 PM
I found a way to close it! I don't remember how, but I was getting tired of getting notifications every two seconds xD

I have no strange and perplexing things on my computer and am 100% normal in every sense of the word.

Slothy
03-13-2013, 03:01 PM
I have no strange and perplexing things on my computer and am 100% normal in every sense of the word.

I find this difficult to believe.

Can't say I ever really have this problem though. Occasionally I'll have tabs open I forget about, but once I see them I tend to remember what they are, why I opened them, and roughly how long ago almost immediately. My problem is sometimes when I want to check something out in a new tab, don't do it immediately, then forget for an hour or more.

NorthernChaosGod
03-14-2013, 04:04 AM
I usually remember why I have tabs open if I don't close them before putting my computer to sleep. I don't just leave images open in tabs either. o_O

Unbreakable Will
03-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Every now and again I'll forget that I had minimized a window and when I find it hours later I'll be a tad perplexed for a moment but other than that I don't particularly suffer from this...er...problem.
:greenie:

krissy
03-15-2013, 03:05 AM
finding the incognito window of chrome still open randomly an hour after the act is pretty embarassing

Night Fury
03-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Am I the only person who would love that pillow?

Unbreakable Will
03-15-2013, 02:24 PM
I'd use it. :shifty:

Denmark
03-15-2013, 06:28 PM
i'm generally pretty good about closing tabs when i'm done with them. however, i'm also known to have like 4 different twitter tabs open because i opened a new tab and went to twitter rather than just refreshing the one i had open.

Lonely Paper Star
03-16-2013, 12:09 AM
I always have various wikias open for various reasons. Then I'll also have my main social media sites (yes, including EoFF) open, as well as random things/blogs I read. I don't always finish what I read online, so, I leave their tabs open to finish later.

Also, I'll find something interesting and leave its tab open so that I remember to show another friend later.

XxSephirothxX
03-21-2013, 08:35 PM
I've had this Iwata Asks Interview with Mario artist Yoichi Kotabe open for like a week. (http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/ds/dsi/7/1) I'll read it soon, I swear!

Pike
03-28-2013, 11:23 AM
There's a Firefox extension called Tab Reaper which closes tabs you've had open for too long and automatically sticks them into a "read later" folder for you. I am seriously considering installing it.

On the other hand, then I'll have a giant "Read Later" folder :shobon: