PDA

View Full Version : Could Final Fantasy VIII Be Coming to Steam?

Night Fury
03-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Hello there, me again! I have some more rumours for all you lovely readers at Eyes on Final Fantasy! Now we know that Final Fantasy VIII isn't exactly a forum favourite here... In fact it's one of the Final Fantasy's that you lot like to criticise the most - but not me! It is, and always will be, my favourite Final Fantasy in the series. With that said, let me share this little rumour with you...

The gang huddle together to read these speculations!

According to a member of an online forum, some achievements for Final Fantasy VIII have been spotted on Steam. Now you may ask 'but isn't Final Fantasy VIII already available for PC?' Yes, it is. But it wasn't that long ago that Final Fantasy VII had a re-release for PC which features achievements and a character booster option. It looks like Final Fantasy VIII may be getting this... touch up too! Whilst it's not a remake, or heaven forbid, a sequel! A re-release will be something that can deliver Final Fantasy VIII to those who may never have played it. Not to mention all you Steam-ers out there can show off all your nifty Final Fantasy VIII achievements to your pals!

There could be some truth in this as there were (more) rumours that a Steam version of Final Fantasy VII would be coming. To have both of these releases pop up on Steam would be awesome don't you think?

[Source: Final Fantasy VIII Achievements Spotted On Steam (http://www.explosion.com/24240/final-fantasy-viii-achievements-spotted-on-steam/)]

Cloudane
03-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Ooh exciting. But I wonder why they'd be on Steam, considering in the end VII went with its own separate distribution system.

krissy
03-14-2013, 03:56 PM
irvine is looking directly at selphie's cleavage

Night Fury
03-14-2013, 03:57 PM

Well.... Erm. That's Irvine.

Teek
03-14-2013, 03:57 PM
I don't know why it's such a big deal to port these games into Steam. How much could it cost Square Enix? Is it just me, or is SE just doing its best to deny people what they want?

Any actual words on what the steam achievements were, Locky? As I recall, the FFVII achievements were pretty uninspired, mostly centering around limit breaks.

Night Fury
03-14-2013, 04:11 PM
I don't know why it's such a big deal to port these games into Steam. How much could it cost Square Enix? Is it just me, or is SE just doing its best to deny people what they want?

Any actual words on what the steam achievements were, Locky? As I recall, the FFVII achievements were pretty uninspired, mostly centering around limit breaks.

According to the original article, the guy had spotted achievements relating to "Draw" and to "SeeD Salary" I assume it could be things like "Draw 100 spells" or something... Uninspired indeed!

Shorty
03-14-2013, 05:20 PM

I swear to god I thought that was Quistis at first.

also so is zell

maybee
03-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Squall looking at the map " This is serious, serious, serious business " !

Rinoa " I wonder how my hero is going to save the day " ?!

Quistis " Hmm, I wonder if I get some surgery to get mine to look like Selphie's ? "

Zell " Ohhh yeaaaah, those are some nice boobies Selphie " ! " 10/ 10 " !!

Irvine " Yum, Yummy " !

Selphie " I have a strange feeling that people are eyeing me for some reason.... "