PDA

View Full Version : What did that moose do to you?

Unbreakable Will
03-14-2013, 08:03 PM
So my grandfather, whom I've never really considered to be a redneck is now in fact a part of that category. All he does, all day if we let him, is watch hunting shows on the outdoor channel. Who does that?!
All it is is a bunch of rednecks talking about killing bambi and fishing or talking about government gun bans. I just watched some bumpkin woman cry with joy because she shot a moose in the heart with her bow. How on earth is that entertaining or tears of joy worthy?
Maybe it's the two-generation difference or the fact that at heart he wants to kill tiny animals or something but I just don't get it.

What does your family or friends do that you simply don't get?

Denmark
03-14-2013, 08:08 PM
my uncle actually converted to catholicism

Shorty
03-16-2013, 12:38 AM
My great uncle listens to the police radio channel obsessively.

I wonder if it's because he committed a crime in the 60's that he's waiting to hear if someone is picking up on.

Unbreakable Will
03-16-2013, 02:54 AM
O_o
My grandmother on my old step-fathers side did that, mostly because it was Kentucky and she wanted to know who's meth lab had blown up that day.

fire_of_avalon
03-16-2013, 03:19 PM
Moose aren't really what I'd call tiny.

I have an aunt that watches true crime shows. Vicious, disturbing, true crime shows.

I have another great-great aunt who collects pig figurines and Elvis memorabilia.

Mikztsu
03-16-2013, 03:24 PM
I myself love watching that Dexter guy massmurdering people and tossing them to sea. :D But I belong to many categories which I can finally admit to myself.

Unbreakable Will
03-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Moose aren't really what I'd call tiny.

I have an aunt that watches true crime shows. Vicious, disturbing, true crime shows.

I have another great-great aunt who collects pig figurines and Elvis memorabilia.
What about pigs dressed like Elvis memorabilia?

Burtsplurt
03-16-2013, 08:59 PM
My dad goes bird-watching. He sits there for hours in the freezing cold and then shows me pictures of different birds he has seen. He tells me about all the subtle differences and the fact that some are rare, but basically they're all seagulls or ducks. And I don't like seagulls or ducks. He never sees eagles or albatrosses or rhinos.

And now he's got a digital camera and posts pictures and comments on a forum. What a saddo! :roll2

Pike
03-17-2013, 10:52 AM
I am actually a self-professed redneck because I live in Montana and like the country and am terrified of any town or city with over 30,000 people in it.

So, I don't get that my dad is obsessed with the idea of moving to a big city. :monster:

Unbreakable Will
03-17-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm actually rather fearful of the thought of living in a big city, I don't particularly like the people that live around me but I like where they live so bygones and all that.
:p