PDA

View Full Version : Type-0 ported to PS3 as an HD remake?

Wolf Kanno
03-15-2013, 10:49 PM
I found this little gem of an article (http://www.explosion.com/24545/square-enix-briefly-worked-on-a-final-fantasy-type-0-hd-version/) where supposedly, Tabata and the Type-0 Team were starting to make an HD port of the game for PS3. Going so far as to say that the game was overambitious enough that it really should have been made for a major console as opposed to the handheld market. Unfortunately the project was cancelled. He also spoke of SE's idea of releasing the game in the West as a PSN only download that was compatible for both PSP and the Vita but that apparently got scrapped as well.

Its a shame this game seems to be trapped in limbo, not sure if the issue SE being hesitant to support the Vita or the aging PSP or if SE might be trying to not have too many pots cooking in the Western release with Tomb Raider, Lightning Returns and FFXIV being released this year.

Formalhaut
03-16-2013, 01:38 AM
I agree with that statement though. Type-O, in relation to the rest of the FF series, is quite a new concept really and it deserved a major console. Not some crummy PSP/PSVita. Let's face it, when Type-0 got released, the PSP was nearing the twilight years of it's existence, and the PSVita hasn't exactly rocketed either.

DMKA
03-16-2013, 04:37 AM
I can see them releasing it on PSN sometime in the future, or as part of some package deal later down the line, but I honestly can't see us ever getting the game as a stand-alone title.

Skyblade
04-22-2013, 06:07 AM
I agree with that statement though. Type-O, in relation to the rest of the FF series, is quite a new concept really and it deserved a major console. Not some crummy PSP/PSVita. Let's face it, when Type-0 got released, the PSP was nearing the twilight years of it's existence, and the PSVita hasn't exactly rocketed either.

The problem with the Vita is the lack of good games. It's a good system, it just needs the titles. Like this one.

Loony BoB
04-22-2013, 01:37 PM
In order to establish which games are going to be rated highly by users, SE are now going to release many games with little to no graphic design on a limited edition basis, with users paying premium for one of 10,000 games. The highest rated games will then be turned into full blown HD games for the mass market.

It wouldn't actually be a terrible move, that. Make sure the story and mechanics and layout of the game are good and then worry about spending endless manhours on graphics only when you know it'll sell.

Zeiferxx
05-05-2013, 07:17 PM
I would like to see this game on PS3 but not as only available on PSN, I prefer it as stand alone title.