PDA

View Full Version : Sad things

Jinx
03-18-2013, 05:21 AM
A girl I went to elementary-high school with and a guy I went to middle school-high school with got married yesterday. Granted, I didn't know either of them very well at all.

Dana, the girl, has had cancer for several months. Like I said, they got married yesterday. She passed away today.

Just reading about their story on Facebook really made me sad.

What things have made you sad lately?

Citizen Bleys
03-18-2013, 05:25 AM
A comedian just slagged off Shakespeare. What funnier insult against a singer was ever said more condign than was said in Much Ado?

Scotty_ffgamer
03-18-2013, 05:28 AM
Most of the things that have made me sad lately have been pretty selfish things.

As I've mentioned before, I'm student teaching this semester. I've already mentioned the drama at the beginning of that experience, but now that I have had a placement and got into student teaching, it has gone pretty poorly. Lots of unfortunate circumstances with it which, on top of my inexperience, have led to not the best work from me. Last week, just before spring break, my evaluator gave me a poor evaluation and pretty much straight up told me that I will not be a good teacher. It has left me sad all throughout my break.

Your story also makes me sad.

Pumpkin
03-18-2013, 05:33 AM
A guy I know got engaged to a woman he had a son with, and they'd been together a few years. Then he started developing heart problems and he found out he would need to get a pacemaker and so he put off the wedding (for what I think are understandable reasons) and so his fiancée left him and took their son. He had to move in with his mother about 200 miles awayish because he couldn't take care of himself after the surgery and his ex refused to let him see his son. So now he has to protest this in court. On top of that he found out his aorta is having problems since the surgery and so he had to going back to the hospital for a second surgery. I feel very bad for him.

Pheesh
03-18-2013, 05:48 AM
My Boss's niece was killed in a car accident about a month ago. She was the same age as me and had a 7 month old child.

This thread man :/

Unbreakable Will
03-18-2013, 03:32 PM
I had a friend I'd grown up with, and dated, turn out to be a murderer. My friend drove her brother and a friend of theirs to her dad's house, went inside and shot him. There was semantics over 'accomplice' and what not since she didn't pull the trigger but she paid the other guy and her brother helped so they all got jail time. Yeah it made me sad then and still does now, she was a nice person who got pushed over the edge by an abusive father.
Few months later turned out the mother was in on it as well.

Laddy
03-19-2013, 01:57 AM
My oma has been in the hospital for several months and my dad called me telling me she probably won't have much time left as they are pretty much trying to just minimalize the pain now. :(

Calliope
03-19-2013, 08:52 AM
I recently had the good fortune to take a writing class, and my instructor said that the memoir-piece I turned in was one of the saddest, most harrowing things any of her students had turned in, in all her decades of teaching. A couple of students said it made them cry. The world can be a sad place.