MINDBLOWING PLOT

GREAT MUSIC

GREAT EVERYTHING

Let's talk about it :jess:

Madame Adequate
03-18-2013, 08:09 PM
No replies?

What a shame.

Because this game is amazing and deserves much discussion!

Heath
03-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Funny, I was rewatching some of my favourite old Mega 64 videos yesterday and was just thinking about how great Deus Ex is. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js02m-7qHyE&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

Man, that theme tune...

Aulayna
03-18-2013, 11:25 PM
I wanted orange in this thread.

It gave me lemon-lime.

Laddy
03-19-2013, 02:14 PM
Aw fuck yeah Deus Ex. I haven't played it in forever though. :(

Pete for President
03-19-2013, 02:19 PM
Bought it for PS2 last year after thoroughly enjoying DE:HR, but the PS2 controls don't seem to work too well for a game obviously designed for mouse and keyboard. I gave up after an hour or two :(

Shoeberto
03-19-2013, 07:06 PM
I really like Deus Ex... to a point.

I got so far once and then I just was burned out. The story felt like it had lost momentum by introducing stuff that didn't really mesh together at the time. And maybe I just didn't do a good enough of a build but I started to get owned a lot even when I was being super sneaky. And it's not like I can't appreciate games that do tough love like it - I played with System Shock 2 without issue even at points when it was gruelingly difficult.

So I've never actually beaten it, and I'm probably a lesser man for it. I love the world and the concept and the gameplay and the Unreal Tournament-style graphics but I felt like it dragged a bit too much.

I love love loved Human Revolution though. I couldn't put it down. One of the few games I've played in recent years that got a second playthrough from me.