PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Statistics

Night Fury
03-18-2013, 02:45 PM
The game has been out for just under two weeks now, and our European Square Enix representative, Ben Bateman has just blogged some pretty nifty statistics that he has unearthed... So lets see what he's raided from this pile of numbers, shall we?

He's discovered that the Tomb Raiding fanatics have collectively killed 5,294,879 deer. Oh dear, that's a lot of gaming, get it... Gaming.... like the meat. Oh you're all groaning. I'll move swiftly on. It's not just the deer who've been getting it, the Crabs have also become victims of Lara's survival instinct - with a whole 1,417,750 of them being bumped off. You bunch of vicious people! What did those crabs ever do to you?

Now someone like Lara who is just going out against all these poor animals is sure to have the tables turned on her by nature a few times too. Luckily, Lara is a bit better than those Deer and Crabs and she's managed to escape death a staggering 13,742,891 times, and she's had some near misses too, she's dodged enemy attacks 11,067,784 times.

The bow and arrow was a new addition to Tomb Raider, with Lara usually toting a handy pair of pistols, but if the statistics are anything to go by, the bow and arrow has been a very, very big hit with the players (I personally love the bow and arrow), as it appears that 147,675,058 enemies have been killed by an arrow. 20,601,083 enemies were killed with the flaming arrows, and perhaps most disturblingly of all is Lara's need to go and... retrieve her lost arrows from enemies - pulling them back out of a Solarii eyeball or groin. She's done that a shocking 356,988,302 times. Well, at least she's all for recycling....

And for my favourite statistic of all which needs no introduction, or pun, or fancy title - Lara Croft has raided 3,570,956 tombs.

So if these statistics are anything to go by, it seems the fans are absolutely loving this game! I myself, have only killed one crab and probably only one deer! (I'm much more of a 'shoot that guy in the head' kind of girl) but it's nice to know that Square Enix and it's representatives are getting super excited over how much their game is being enjoyed.

Have you played this game yet? Are you a crab-killer? What do you make of these statistics?

DMKA
03-18-2013, 04:53 PM
I finished it last night. Fantastic game. Didn't do a ton of hunting myself though.

Aulayna
03-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Two of those deer and one of those crabs were killed by me along with 6 of those tombs. There's my claim to fame!

Shaibana
03-18-2013, 10:52 PM
i just started the game, and its been over a week now.. somehow i cant get myself to play the game.
im not that blown away by it. But im only at the beginning and im sure i will love it once im really in it,

Aulayna
03-18-2013, 11:29 PM
It was a bit of a slow starter for me too because I got aggrevated by the amount of quick time events near the beginning. However once you get about 6 hours in and have some more tools at your disposal and can fast travel back to previous camps it really opens up and there's a lot of little things to explore.

(Also there's actually an achievement/trophy to kill a Crab, probably why so many of them got murdered!)

Loony BoB
03-19-2013, 09:55 AM
I think I killed three crabs before I got the Crab achievement. I definitely had a lot of fun jumping back to the forest and hunting, it's a good way to get skill points / upgrades when you're running a bit short.