PDA

View Full Version : OMG seriously!?!?!?!?!?

Jinx
03-19-2013, 02:20 AM
I started a replay of this today.

Did you know

Lulu has 4 little stick things in her bun?

3 of them are silver

and one of them is gold

WHAT THE FUCK WHY WHY WHY

(talk about how some of the character design choices in this game don't make no damn sense)

Slothy
03-19-2013, 02:44 AM
I feel like we might as well just say that Lulu goes without saying.

Dress made of belts? Check.
So much cleavage showing that she shouldn't be able to bend over without them falling out but does anyway? Check.
Uses dolls as a weapon? Check.

Okay people, move on to the other characters now unless there's something new about Lulu no one ever thought of before.

Jinx
03-19-2013, 03:01 AM
She wears a corset. Her boobs not falling out really isn't that big of a deal.

Now, wearing a fur-trimmed dress on a tropical island...

G13
03-19-2013, 05:01 AM
Meg Ryan is the main character. Waddup wit dat?

Laddy
03-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Do you see how silly this game is yet, people? DO YOU!?

Night Fury
03-19-2013, 01:54 PM
I started a replay of this today.

Did you know

Lulu has 4 little stick things in her bun?

3 of them are silver

and one of them is gold

WHAT THE smurf WHY WHY WHY

(talk about how some of the character design choices in this game don't make no damn sense)

LIKE OMG NO FRICKIN WAY DUUUUDE LIKE TOTALLY.

I actually don't get what's wrong with those pins...

Jinx
03-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Mixing gold and silver?

Also the OCD factor that she has one gold pin, and three silver pins?

Formalhaut
03-19-2013, 06:37 PM
I have no idea why Lulu having one pin a different colour is so scary.

EDIT: Maybe she simply ran out of silver pins?

Shorty
03-19-2013, 06:50 PM
why would anyone play this game more than one time

Loony BoB
03-19-2013, 07:07 PM
One look at Tidus' pants (no, not his underwear... his... trousershortthings... I don't know what you call them) and nothing else really seems like it's all that absurd anymore.

Jinx
03-19-2013, 07:16 PM

Because it's an absolutely fantastic game, unlike FFVIII.

Laddy
03-19-2013, 07:17 PM
He has one pant leg longer than the other and filled with holes. He has futuristic leather lederhosen over a hooodie with short sleeves that doesn't reach past his nipples. He has no undershirt. He has a weird futuristic arm things. He looks like A Southern Californian Homosexual Hairdresser mixed with a Female Replicant a la Blade Runner. He has long socks on his tennis shoes. Tidus has a stupid as hell design.

DMKA
03-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Do you see how silly the JRPG genre is yet, people? DO YOU!?
Fixed yer typo there kiddo.

Raistlin
03-20-2013, 01:48 AM
FFX has particularly weird clothing designs, even for the FF series. FFIX's designers had the excuse that many of the characters weren't human; FFX's must have been drunk when they drew up Tidus.

Also, Wakka's overalls that randomly leave his belly button uncovered (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130116130908/finalfantasy/images/1/1b/Wakka_found_out_Rikku_is_an_Al-Bhed.jpg). That pic also reminds of my Rikku's blue thingies that hang down from her shoulders, as if the middle of her cape was cut off.

Laddy
03-20-2013, 04:43 AM
Auron, Yuna, and Rikku have (relatively) conventional clothing. Everyone else? Weird ass futuristic gigolo garb, loincloths, and clothing that resembles a goth Jessica Rabbit.

TrollHunter
03-20-2013, 05:25 AM
At least rikkus cape thingy looks cool :p
Also, a lot of the basic npc's looked quite bizarre too...
12 had weird design choices too.
Like, the soldiers in the beginning wearing armor over everything but the important stuff?!

maybee
03-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Because it's an absolutely horrible game, unlike FFVIII.

Fixed it for you.

Pete for President
03-20-2013, 12:26 PM

Why do people who don't still hang around in the FFX forum?

The character design is otherworld-ish like it's supposed to be. Videogame worlds like FFX's Spira are dream worlds. It doesn't have to make sense. It doesn't need explanations. Please engulf me in a world that is vastly different of our own with all the weirdness one can think of.

If you start nitpicking on why Lulu is wearing belts for a dress, I hope you're happy with the uninspired regular-joe-slither that is Western art direction.

So calm down and try to appreciate the creativity and surrealism, you serious-o-saurusses. :gator:

Aulayna
03-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Well this is certainly a new and interesting complaint.

NeoCracker
03-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Because it's an absolutely horrible game, unlike FFVIII.

Fixed it for you.

Come on now guys, no need to fight. There is a very clear compromise here.

Both games are horrible! :smug:

Shorty
03-20-2013, 05:59 PM

Why do people who don't still hang around in the FFX forum?

The character design is otherworld-ish like it's supposed to be. Videogame worlds like FFX's Spira are dream worlds. It doesn't have to make sense. It doesn't need explanations. Please engulf me in a world that is vastly different of our own with all the weirdness one can think of.

If you start nitpicking on why Lulu is wearing belts for a dress, I hope you're happy with the uninspired regular-joe-slither that is Western art direction.

So calm down and try to appreciate the creativity and surrealism, you serious-o-saurusses. :gator:

Lulu's my favorite character, I didn't say anything about her. :colbert:

Laddy
03-20-2013, 06:04 PM
So calm down and try to appreciate the creativity and surrealism, you serious-o-saurusses.
Sorry. Can't ignore bad fashion.

Elly
03-20-2013, 09:31 PM
omg seriously??? was this thread just made with the express purpose of increasing ones postcount with a silly complaint on hairpins???

Lulu has the best fashion direction of any previous FF Party Members prior... at least she doesn't have a huge head and wear over-sized gloves & Mickey Mouse shoes like some characters *coughFFIXcough*...

Jinx
03-20-2013, 09:39 PM
What happened with you ignoring me, hm? And yet you're sooooo innocent.

If you have OCD and/or fashion sense, you would know that gold and silver don't go together. And if they were going to make some of them gold, that one random pin is really frustrating.

And the topic of the smurfing thread is the ridiculousness of the character design of the game.

This is my second favourite Final Fantasy game. Don't assume I'm just complaining about it.

EDIT: Also, I don't give a smurf about post count. Who does that?

Elly
03-20-2013, 10:08 PM
aaawww did i wake the troll again with having my own opinion... i dont know cause all i see is:
Tifa's Boobs (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/36506.html)
Praise R’hllor
Red Priestess

<label>This message is hidden because Tifa's Boobs is on your ignore list (http://home.eyesonff.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist).</label>View Post (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x/149276-oh-my-goodness-seriously-2.html#post3231403)

Remove user from ignore list (http://home.eyesonff.com/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=36506)

but it must be troll-rage since it came so soon after my post...
ssshhh... back to sleep little troll, i'll tread lightly upon your bridge...

Off-topic and not necessary. ~Shorty

Jinx
03-20-2013, 10:22 PM
You're the troll here.

Off-topic and not necessary. ~Shorty

Aulayna
03-20-2013, 10:54 PM
you would know that gold and silver don't go together.

Objection!

http://0.tqn.com/d/coins/1/0/i/1/-/-/great-britain-coins-money.jpg

That gold and silver can go together anytime! (even though neither are either)

Jinx
03-20-2013, 11:01 PM
17 siver Sickles makes a gold Galleon.

Shorty
03-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Knock it off, both of you - Elly and Tifa's Boobs.

Please resume discussion about FFX.

Faris
03-21-2013, 12:37 AM
The overall style of FFX is just whacked out and strange that it all kind of blends together in harmony.

you would know that gold and silver don't go together.
Objection!

White gold exists, come on.

maybee
03-21-2013, 08:21 AM
Come on now guys, no need to fight. There is a very clear compromise here.

Both games are horrible! :smug:

Yeah no..... I disagree with you that Final Fantasy VIII is horrible. In fact it's most likely in my top 5 FF games.
But since that this is off topic.

I actually don't mind some of FF X's clothing, and it's better to be creative and fantasy like than cliche and already done before. Though some of it just looks terrible, like whatever Tidus wears...

Lulu has the best fashion direction of any previous FF Party Members prior

Yeah sure. Belts, Belts, Belts, Belts, Belts, Belts and some more belts is what she has for a dress. Her top part is okay; but her dress is dumb.

nik0tine
03-21-2013, 09:48 AM
If you have OCD and/or fashion sense, you would know that gold and silver don't go together. And if they were going to make some of them gold, that one random pin is really frustrating.Gold and silver definitely go together what the hell?

And a pattern of four with three repetitions and one variation is sensible and balanced and we see it in all types of art (especially music). It's certainly more interesting than having everything perfectly symmetrical and 'square'.

Night Fury
03-21-2013, 10:58 AM
I wear gold and silver together a lot. I have a silver Pandora bracelet which I often layer up with other gold things... SHOOT ME! :kakapo:
Not but seriously, I don't think it's all that bad really, to wear them together.

Quindiana Jones
03-21-2013, 02:21 PM
That awkward moment when you make a thread complaining about fashion, only to find out it was you with the horrible taste all along. :p

TrollHunter
03-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Man, this thread has it all.
DRAMA
ACTION
FASHION... Or a lackthereof
BETRAYAL
LOVE

Anyway, tidus only bugs me for two reasons
His shorts, and WHAT Is that on his arm? Seriously, what the hell?

Jinx
03-21-2013, 05:40 PM
90% of the time gold and silver jewelry looks bad together, Quin.

I do trust Tara, as she's got awesome fashion sense. I'm sure whatever she wears looks great.

But mostly it looks terrible.

qwertysaur
03-21-2013, 05:44 PM
How does Leblanc expect anyone to take her seriously when she looks like a stripper?

Forsaken Lover
03-22-2013, 03:42 PM
This game is just ridiculous.

What with its party-wide character development and focus.

I want to play FFXII with Captain Irrelevant fon Ronsenburg and Bunnygirl Fanservice.

Lulu's tatas are gonna pop out? Fran's behind is hanging out. And unlike Lulu, also a friggin' terrible character with an awful voice-actress and no plot relevance other than being Balthier's un-sexy Chewbacca.

nik0tine
03-23-2013, 03:41 AM
no plot relevance other than being Balthier's un-sexy Chewbacca.Since when has Chewbacca been sexy?

Rocket Edge
03-24-2013, 08:32 PM
So calm down and try to appreciate the creativity and surrealism, you serious-o-saurusses.
Are you gay?

Jinx
03-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Are you gay?

Why would that matter? Plenty of straight guys care about how they look as well.

Rocket Edge
03-24-2013, 09:12 PM
Yeah, don't we all. But this is about having strong opinions on what someone is wearing in a video game. It's not even that bad. Didn't mean anything personal just can't understand it.

Laddy
03-25-2013, 02:03 AM
Lulu, and many other characters, have outfit that are visually unappealing, incredibly impractical, and/or absurd looking. As a result, it is more difficult to take characters seriously in a relatively serious game when their looks are so difficult to take seriously. :colbert:

Pheesh
03-25-2013, 02:55 AM
That doesn't matter at all, in a completely made up world the fashion is decided by the creator of that world. It's ridiculous to think what you consider normal in real life is going to be the standard for a game set in a fantasy world. Obviously it's serious or not everyone in the game world would dress so strangely. It can be visually unappealing to you, you can even think it's impractical if you like (kind of dumb though considering they make no mention of it being so, nor does it look like it impedes their movement at all), but if you're not prepared to suspend your disbelief for a fantasy game then you can't blame the creators.

fire_of_avalon
03-25-2013, 03:16 AM
It is a really stupid outfit, but I liked her hair sticks.

Elly
03-25-2013, 11:56 AM
i can take a wild guess that those that don't like Lulu's style generally dislike Goth Style altogether, or don't know any goth people...
i myself have a Trenchcoat that straps and buckles closed like a straight-jacket and trails about a foot and a half behind me when i walk, i get strange and sometimes even hateful looks when i wear it, i guess those people are some of the same that dislike Lulu's awesome as hell dress... and yes i would so wear that dress too if i had one...
Goth Style on a Black Mage just seems to make perfect sense to me...

Jinx
03-25-2013, 03:19 PM
I like Lulu's design a lot. After Yuna, she's probably my favourite design in the game. I just hate that one gold hairpin. x)