PDA

View Full Version : The Gods of Gaming smile upon you...

Aulayna
03-20-2013, 01:01 PM
...and offer you the re-release of one game from gaming past, in full HD and all that other good stuff.

Which game would you choose?

I Took the Red Pill
03-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Fester's Quest (NES)

Just kidding. I'm thinking maybe Megaman Legends (PS1), or perhaps Treasures of the Deep (PS1).

NeoCracker
03-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Breath of Fire 2 or 3 could look absolutely stunning with a good team behind it.

And god knows BoF2 could use a better translation. :p

Pheesh
03-20-2013, 01:34 PM
In an ideal world (where I was allowed to be really greedy with my answer) I would want a FULL Kingdom Hearts collection. That's every game ported to one console and put into full HD. I would never, ever stop playing them.

Night Fury
03-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Final Fantasy VIII

Shoeberto
03-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Final Fantasy IX.

I'd want most of it to be close to the original; maybe more polys and higher texture resolution for the character models, better draw distances in the overworld, etc. Keep the pre-rendered backgrounds but have them be high-quality looping video streams with a lot of activity going on. Maybe add some voice work.

But of course I wouldn't trust SE to make this without messing it up entirely and turning Zidane into a skimpily-dressed androgynous J-pop wannabe.

Pike
03-20-2013, 05:49 PM
So long as it's mostly a graphical upgrade and most of the core gameplay is remaining unchanged then any one of SMAC, Morrowind, or Deus Ex is a-ok with me.

Araciel
03-20-2013, 06:09 PM
nope

Quindiana Jones
03-20-2013, 06:20 PM
SMAC seems a little pointless, since that type of game isn't really about the glorious HD of it all; it's about the glorious tables of information. :love: And Morrowind has been done, ye greedy beggar! ;)

Deus Ex would be sweet if it was given a decent engine.

Oh, my choice is also FFIX, assuming the gods have also given me the power to ensure it's done properly.

Pike
03-20-2013, 06:27 PM
SMAC seems a little pointless, since that type of game isn't really about the glorious HD of it all; it's about the glorious tables of information. :love: And Morrowind has been done, ye greedy beggar! ;)

I basically want SMAC but Civ IV-ified. And Morrowind has not been done properly :colbert: Morroblivion has terrible art direction and Skywind is still in alpha. I guess it doesn't really need it with Morrowind Overhaul around, though, so I'd rate it as below SMAC and Deus Ex in terms of "want".

Mirage
03-20-2013, 06:28 PM
Seiken Densetsu 3 in high resolution 2D, and a smurfton of animation frames. Also, an official translation.

I could settle for "3D that looks like 2D" as well, just cause it's probably easier to make nowadays. No 3D camera movement etc, with completely sprite-like shading and not even a bit more graphical depth than the original game offered with its sprites.

kotora
03-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Starcraft: Broodwar or Diablo 2.

Spooniest
03-20-2013, 07:43 PM
Final Fantasy VI, no question about it.

Del Murder
03-20-2013, 09:31 PM
FFVI or FFVII or Super Mario 64.

Jinx
03-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Ocarina of Time in a style similar to Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Bolivar
03-20-2013, 09:44 PM
I've been saying this for a while, and it's kinda cheap considering the decades of games to choose from, but Final Fantasy XII!

Del Murder
03-20-2013, 10:38 PM
That game has been rereleased too many times otherwise I would have mentioned it as well. But it would be awesome to see it in the style of TP.

Jinx
03-21-2013, 12:05 AM
That game has been rereleased too many times otherwise I would have mentioned it as well. But it would be awesome to see it in the style of TP.

Yeah, I know it's been released a bunch, and I almost didn't say it myself. I'd love to see it with some seriously updated/modified graphics, though.

Unlike some of the games (e.g. FFIX) the art style isn't really a defining factor of the game. So changing the art style wouldn't be a big deal to me, and I think it'd be wonderful.

Iceglow
03-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Front Mission 3 would be an interesting choice though ultimately;

Vagrant Story.

Bunny
03-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Two choices:

Wizardry V: Heart of the Maelstrom - with a graphical update and a completely storyline overhaul that would put it on par with current releases, it would be one of the better games in recent memory.

Destiny of an Emperor, with the same modifications as above, would also put it on a list of amazing games.

Laddy
03-21-2013, 01:11 AM
Baldur's Gate II with updated graphics, more quests, expanded character plotlines, and remastered voicework.

Araciel
03-21-2013, 01:12 AM
Baldur's Gate II with updated graphics, more quests, expanded character plotlines, and remastered voicework.

And ToEE's battle system+Pathfinder rules.... and I may actually wish it.

Laddy
03-21-2013, 01:15 AM

And ToEE's battle system+Pathfinder rules.... and I may actually wish it.
THIS. Yes that would be sexy as hell. Throw a few new companions in there and you've got something pretty amazing.

escobert
03-21-2013, 01:40 AM
hmm I was tempted to say Saga Frontier 2 but, most of my love besides the story is the water colored backgrounds.

I've got to go with the fan boy FFVII.

Pumpkin
03-21-2013, 05:12 AM
Final Fantasy IX and Suikoden II.

Pheesh
03-21-2013, 05:44 AM
Also, Xenoblade Chronicles put onto a different console and actually made available for the price of a normal game. They don't even have to bother with the HD if they don't want to.

NorthernChaosGod
03-21-2013, 08:34 AM
Xenogears or Majora's Mask or A Link to the Past.

Mirage
03-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Also, Xenoblade Chronicles put onto a different console and actually made available for the price of a normal game. They don't even have to bother with the HD if they don't want to.

Just increasing the resolution is pretty trivial compared to porting the game, no reason not to expect that from a port.

Spooniest
03-24-2013, 07:06 AM
Final Fantasy VI in HD with the Dragon Quest VIII orchestra playing the soundtrack and Mark Hamill playing Kefka, and Jennifer Hale playing Terra, and 3-D character models that look like the Amano artwork...

:Dx1,000,000

But it has to run as fast as the SNES version!!

Pheesh
03-24-2013, 09:19 AM

Just increasing the resolution is pretty trivial compared to porting the game, no reason not to expect that from a port.

Hey, as long as it doesn't cost $180 to buy it I don't care what they do.

Jibril
03-24-2013, 09:58 AM
A finished KoTOR 2.

Mirage
03-24-2013, 10:10 AM
A finished KoTOR 2.

I didn't even know it was unfinished. Partially cause I haven't actually played it.

What kind of stuff do you think it is missing?

Jibril
03-24-2013, 10:13 AM
There are entire sidequests missing that you can see referenced in the game's data. Several parts of the game feel really awkward because they're unfinished, especially the last couple hours. There's a lack of exposition, missing dialogue, etc.

Rostum
03-24-2013, 10:24 AM
The entire Myst series done like Myst IV but without any transitions.

Or FFIX like others have mentioned.

Or Grim Fandango.

black orb
03-30-2013, 05:32 AM
>>> Dear Gods of gaming i want:
Disgaea 1 and 2 HD in ONE goddamn disc for the PS3 (smurf vita and psp).. It cant be that hard right?..:luca:

Christmas
05-10-2022, 02:42 AM
Breath of Fire 2 or 3 could look absolutely stunning with a good team behind it.

And god knows BoF2 could use a better translation. :p

Breath of Fire III!! Give Teepo a better ending!! :(

Wolf Kanno
05-10-2022, 05:18 AM
For games that need an update: Breath of Fire 2 or Xenogears
For games that would be nice but don't need fixing: Vagrant Story or Chrono Trigger

Galuf
05-10-2022, 11:54 PM
I don't really like everything being remastered all the time but I'd be lying if I didn't want a remake/remaster of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky. Love that game so much.

A game I want re-released but it doesn't even need to change at all is Metroid Prime trilogy. Amazing 3 games, and i think they might eventually come out with the success of Dread.