PDA

View Full Version : This might be a weird question, but...

Jinx
03-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Did anyone else think that Paine was Auron's long-lost daughter or something?

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk67/cupcake012345/paine.jpg

The first time I played X-2, I definitely did. The player book talks about her having a secretive past, and several times in the earlier parts of the game, it makes mention she's keeping things.

Her character model is very similar to Auron's: same colour hair, same colour eyes, red/black clothing theme, and her sword resembles his swords as well. Personality-wise, she seems to be really mature and enigmatic just like Auron was, and I was really waiting for a point in the game for that to be revealed.

I was also 13 when I first played the game, but I remember being pretty dissapointed that she wasn't. Partly, because Auron is a bad ass, so I would've liked to have seen some sort of legacy with him. But also because I felt she would've made more sense and had more of a connection with the game. As it was, I kind of felt like she was a random character.

Did anyone else think this? Would you have liked to see that connection with Paine? How do you think it would've changed the game, if at all?

Cloudane
03-21-2013, 06:34 PM
She reminded me of like an Auron/Lulu cross, but I never thought of that. Hm.

Could be one of those things that was originally planned and then dropped. Nowadays it would've been told in FFX-3: Tidus Returns or FFX-4: Not More Bloody Fiends :p

Flaming Ice
03-21-2013, 06:39 PM
She reminded me of like an Auron/Lulu cross, but I never thought of that. Hm.

Could be one of those things that was originally planned and then dropped. Nowadays it would've been told in FFX-3: Tidus Returns or FFX-4: Not More Bloody Fiends :p

So that's why we get an hd remix with both.....:(

Sin apocalypse all over again.

I didn't really like Rikku or Yuna as much in this game but Paine was the best.

Dr. rydrum2112
03-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Can the unsent have kids?

Jinx
03-21-2013, 08:46 PM
Paine is supposed to be 19 at the time of FFX-2. Auron definitely could've had her before Braska's pilgrimage.

Dr. rydrum2112
03-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Paine is supposed to be 19 at the time of FFX-2. Auron definitely could've had her before Braska's pilgrimage.

hmmm, I think he is like 25ish on the first pilgrimage? And that was 10yrs before FFX, so Pain would've been 9 when he was 25, so he had her at 14?

Jinx
03-21-2013, 09:52 PM

hmmm, I think he is like 25ish on the first pilgrimage? And that was 10yrs before FFX, so Pain would've been 9 when he was 25, so he had her at 14?

I guess.

But this obviously isn't even part of the plot. You're arguing about nothing.

EDIT: And actually, Paine would've been 7, as the Braska's pilgrimage was 12 years before X-2. An 18-25 year old having a baby? Sure.

Dr. rydrum2112
03-22-2013, 01:54 AM

I guess.

But this obviously isn't even part of the plot. You're arguing about nothing.

EDIT: And actually, Paine would've been 7, as the Braska's pilgrimage was 12 years before X-2. An 18-25 year old having a baby? Sure.

14 + 2 = 16 not 18-25...

didn't realize it was an argument, and pretty sure you asked the question.

Jinx
03-22-2013, 01:57 AM
I didn't! I never said she was his daughter. Go re-read the first post, please. I just said that when I was younger, I thought that was what her "hidden past" might be.

Also, I was saying that he might've been between the ages of 18-25 when Paine was born, as he's between the ages of 25-early 30s during Braska's pilgrimage. As far as I'm aware, the game never specifically says.

EDIT: Also, YOU did your math wrong. 25-9=16 NOT 14.

Araciel
03-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Where EVER she came from

... :love:

Dr. rydrum2112
03-22-2013, 06:04 PM
I didn't! I never said she was his daughter. Go re-read the first post, please. I just said that when I was younger, I thought that was what her "hidden past" might be.

Also, I was saying that he might've been between the ages of 18-25 when Paine was born, as he's between the ages of 25-early 30s during Braska's pilgrimage. As far as I'm aware, the game never specifically says.

I said 16 after you pointed out X-2 was 2 years after X. Not sure how you missed that.

Jinx
03-22-2013, 07:22 PM

I said 16 after you pointed out X-2 was 2 years after X. Not sure how you missed that.

If we're going by X-2, it would've been 18.

Because 25-7=18, not 16.

Remmy
03-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Actually, if we're going by history for a moment, places where death rates are higher, the average age females get pregnant is lower. Considering everything in Spira, realistically, 16 year olds getting knocked up and married would probably not be a strange thought. I mean, think about it, Sin can kill you and everyone you love any day of the week. Whether he was 14 or 16 or 18, he could have still conceived Paine.

As for Paine and Auron, that's an interesting concept. I never thought of it before!

Jinx
03-26-2013, 11:39 PM
Again, to reiterate:

I know Paine is not Auron's daughter. I just thought she was. And I think it would've been an interesting dynamic in the game.

Remmy
03-27-2013, 12:10 AM
I understood that, ^_^

It's still a really cool concept. XD