PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones spoiler inside

Flying Mullet
03-22-2013, 04:04 PM
I fully believe Ned Stark suffered from the Madden curse...
http://store.hbo.com/img/product/resized/332/00361600-676332_catl_500.jpg?k=ae7724a7&pid=361600&s=catl&sn=hbo

Loony BoB
03-22-2013, 05:32 PM
I don't know what the Madden curse is.

Agent Proto
03-22-2013, 06:11 PM
It's a cursed based on the Madden games and the NFL. The curse goes that any player who appears on the cover of a Madden game may suffer some kind of injury or performs poorly in the following NFL season. So far, its track record has been fairly accurate.

Quindiana Jones
03-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Players who feature on Madden boxart have really bad seasons. Or die.

I think that's it, at least.

Araciel
03-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Ned will never pick up a football that's for true.

The Man
03-23-2013, 02:52 AM
Ned Stark suffered from being played by Sean Bean. There was no way he was going to make it out of the series alive.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-24-2013, 10:08 PM
ok second attempt

to paraphrase

did anyone find like in book 2, bran's story was a tad laggy/lagging?

Bunny
03-24-2013, 10:19 PM
Well, it was called Clash of Kings.

Bolivar
03-24-2013, 10:21 PM
There's a few characters and arcs whose stories are very slow, but chock-filled with subtle hints setting up future plot threads and twists. Bran in Clash is one of those.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-24-2013, 11:19 PM
^i agree, Bolivia!

no yeah I think this would apply as most understated build up ever. jordan was the master at this, but his loom appeared to create a Pattern with some pretty poor stock. the folk in the Two Rivers area would not have suffered it, had they not been dealing with a veritable influx of peasant refugees and political exiles. also trollocks.

taren ferry folk, however...

meanwhile. bob ross ('famous' (or perhaps 'in'famous) PBS 'soothe-as-you-mumble' painter of rural scenes,) as syrio forel. i do not know if a captcha yet exists. this is comedy gold on par with the 'no one paints nice green fields in space' variety.

Bolivar
03-25-2013, 01:14 AM
Yes indeed

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/7/26/9CbFcpTNUkaKWT-QGbjL7A2.jpg

NeoCracker
03-25-2013, 01:18 AM
The Axis of Awesome - Rage of Thrones - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CLCOvZOh1o)

Vincent, Thunder God
03-25-2013, 01:39 AM
Yes indeed

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/7/26/9CbFcpTNUkaKWT-QGbjL7A2.jpg

perfect! well done!

i will edit this post with my own, with hope we can start the next best thing

yes, it is done! god this was rather tough, it's not perfect and it's not quite 'forel' yet, but have at it fellow gods of the forae! (what pretension) and yeah those artifcats of the like 10 million edits I had to do i refused to deal with, but feel free to do so yoursel(ves)!

add. update: nvm, best i could come up with

if you guys want some fragments to work with

the_best_noob
03-25-2013, 02:23 AM
Who read the books before the tv show came out other than me?

The Man
03-25-2013, 02:25 AM
I read the books years before the TV show came out. A Feast for Crows wasn't even out when I started the series. I'm sure I'm far from the only one here.

Leeza
03-25-2013, 02:32 AM
Ned Stark suffered from being played by Sean Bean. There was no way he was going to make it out of the series alive.
True. Sean always dies.

Who read the books before the tv show came out other than me?
I read all of the books before; however, Dance with Dragons wasn't out in paperback yet (I cannot read hardcovers) so I still need to find one of those. :cat:

The Man
03-25-2013, 03:00 AM
It still isn't out in paperback. You could always get the e-book, I suppose. It's probably a lot cheaper.

Leeza
03-25-2013, 03:06 AM
I though they would have been by now. I haven't checked. I could get an e book, but then I wouldn't be able to put it on the shelf next to the others. I'll have to wait. :)

The Man
03-25-2013, 03:18 AM
It's still selling at a fairly rapid pace, so it's unlikely to come out in paperback yet. I seem to remember The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest being only available in hardcover for close to three years so it could be awhile still.

Bunny
03-25-2013, 04:41 AM
I put off reading the books for a very long time until I heard about the show coming out. I read the first book in two or so days and then immediately went out and bought the rest of the series, reading them all over the course of the next two or so weeks.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-25-2013, 04:49 AM
tbh honest

i'm mostly interested in jon (roughly halway i'm rightafter he convinces mance he's not a turncloack/and must forsake his vow to ensure he can maitain this ruse, with Ygrette's rather expensive aid)) also bran has encountered the kindly liddle in his hobocave[/quote] and [spoiler=slavers and slaves - also](puppies - daenerys must remain in astapor to buy herself a proper army - of ruthless slave assasins, en masse - trained in the most awful form of brainwashing EVER - hitler would have been hard up finding a better one - puppies! :()

and yeah

arry's always epic, singlehandedly most consitently entertaining and awesome main, bar none. bran's cool but his story's development is still lagging behind a little. i don't much care about rob, want to hear more about the ironmen and their pointless conquest of the neck, and Stark-run lands[/quote] but definitely the [spoiler=intherushes]reeds of the swamp, and frog knights

and that is all i have to say about ole georgie
th' connivin' bashturr!

Ouch!
03-25-2013, 05:46 AM
I also started reading the books about a year or two before A Feast for Crows came out. I have copies of the first four books signed, and I count them among my most valuable items.

Freya
03-25-2013, 06:55 AM
I just asked at barnes and noble this weekend when the paperback comes out. Before they said dance came out in April, now the lady said September :( I just want a paperback. :(

Freya
03-25-2013, 07:23 AM
... what?

Rantz
03-25-2013, 12:55 PM
I have Dance with Dragons in paperback. It's been out for a year here :D

Lonely Paper Star
03-25-2013, 04:56 PM
My friend gave me a Barnes & Noble gift card for my birthday in December. I used that to buy my hardcover version since only that was available here. XD

NorthernChaosGod
03-25-2013, 07:03 PM
I have Dance with Dragons in paperback. It's been out for a year here :D

I hate you. I've been waiting for it. :(

Bunny
03-25-2013, 07:32 PM
October 29th.

Hardcovers are nicer and look better.

Rantz
03-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Well hey, I'll buy and ship paperbacks to anyone who wants them as long as you cover shipping costs. They're in English, though I can't vouch off-hand that the format is the same as the ones printed elsewhere, in case you're picky about that (I would be). I can probably get more details about that though, if anyone's interested.

NorthernChaosGod
03-26-2013, 01:32 AM
I'm interested.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-26-2013, 01:36 AM
does anyone want to trade the original paperback release of 'Crows' with the masked knight on the front
for a brand new paperback version?
i'll throw in an extra hardcover dance with dragons for trade/small recompense too! (i've got a number of extras to spare as dad bought the whole set! even after i'd ordered crows and dance shortly after release - or was it a preorder?)
if anyone has extra covenant books (specifically first trilogy, and preferably the original covers) OR anything by donaldson, or anything sf/horror or fantasy i might like, let me know. i'm willing to be more than fair, i hate the new cover art. also then you have my address, if that means anything. which it won't.

tl;dr brand new hardcover Dance with Dragons for one dogeared secondhand copy of the first printing of crows (also have extra brand new paperbacks of whole series, current printing) plus one with Sean Bean as Ned Stark on the front! (softcover but bigger, less pages by a small margin) willing to haggle!

Leeza
03-26-2013, 03:27 AM
October 29th.

Hardcovers are nicer and look better.
True, but it's difficult to stick one into your purse so that you can take it along with you and read it anywhere you like. Hardcovers are quite a drag like that. They're also too bulky to read in bed. :) :cat:

Jinx
03-26-2013, 03:43 AM
Library, then buy it later?

Vincent, Thunder God
03-26-2013, 04:58 AM
meanwhile, on serenity

imagine! a mini-ff reunion on got!

overweight wash as sam!
zoe as black brienne!
kaylee as sansa!
inara as shae!
nathan as robb or jon (older! also circa days on random soap operas)
mark sheppard as littlefinger!
and introducing
alexis denisof with wig as
*drumroll*
*rolling*
*snare*
syrio forel!
who should play tyrion?

Vincent, Thunder God
03-26-2013, 09:03 AM
deserves double

Nonsense Is Coming: The One In Which Jon Snow Is Prettier Than Your Daughters (http://nonsenseiscoming.blogspot.ca/2012/04/one-in-which-jon-snow-is-prettier-than.html)