PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X and X-2 Bundle - Confirmed

Night Fury
03-22-2013, 09:32 PM
It was only a few days ago that we brought you the news of rumours that were circulating concerning whether or not Final Fantasy X's HD remaster would also include the girl-power smash, Final Fantasy X-2... Well, I'm pretty pleased to announce that yes, it will be.

So get your dresspheres at the ready, because pretty soon we'll be re-invited to Spira to defeat Sin once more - and this time in some delightfully gorgeous HD. I can only imagine how pretty the Macalania scenes are going to be. Of course, we'll be able to dance our way through Final Fantasy X-2 again too, I'm so excited! This news is making me go berserk over here. Just take a look at some of these gorgeous screenshots from the remaster...

Wowzers, just look at the detail in those... erm, steps! Yes, that flight of staircase looks so jiggly, umm I mean, so staircasey!

Tidus and the rest of the Guardians are about to send me over the edge with glee for this remaster!

With the remaster said to be hitting Europe later this year, fans of Final Fantasy X really don't have long to wait to play this game again. The European fans will also be pleased to hear that it's the International Version which is being released, which means that there is a truck load of extra content in Final Fantasy X-2 that was never released over here.

There's also a new option for the Sphere Grid in Final Fantasy X... in the remaster you can choose to play through on the Expert version - allowing players to all start on the centre of the grid. This version however has less nodes which means a decrease in the abilities... But, we like a challenge here at Eyes on Final Fantasy. Our trusty European Square Enix representative Ben Bateman has also hinted at a little surprise for Final Fantasy X-2...

"Final Fantasy X-2 is also getting the International treatment, high definition graphics and more content than I can list! But you’ll have to wait a little bit longer until we reveal the full list of enhancements and extra features."

Not long to wait for a trailer either... Expect another update on this RPG beauty on March 25th...

[Source: ]Blog | SQUARE ENIX (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-coming-europe)

Jinx
03-22-2013, 11:15 PM
I'm currently doing a replay of FFX. And wow, those screenshots are goooorgeous. It's been a couple years since I played it last, so I was having a hard time comparing some of the previously released screenshots of the HD version to the old version. But now that I have the reference, I can really see the difference.

I very much want this version of the game. Not sure I'd play on Expert Mode, though! That sounds rough! But I guess if you've done everything else, it'd be a nice challenge. Having seven Kimahris, that is...

Araciel
03-22-2013, 11:17 PM
But I already emulate it in HD...

Mirage
03-23-2013, 01:20 AM
THe screenshots I saw on TMB more or less confirmed that the character models definitely have a higher poly count than the original PS2 game. Therefore, even if you emulate it in HD, the game might not look as nice as it will in this PS3 version.

Araciel
03-23-2013, 01:55 AM
In that case I simply don't wanna pay again

DMKA
03-23-2013, 04:12 AM
I'm so excited. I never dreamed we'd ever see FFX/FFX-2 International or KH Final Mix released here.

I'm also excited that they in fact appear to be using the higher poly count models throughout the game this time around:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18i9xuy9pll01jpg/xlarge.jpg

:love:

Jinx
03-23-2013, 01:01 PM
That picture is actually a little terrifying. ;-;

Mirage
03-23-2013, 01:19 PM
How so?

Jinx
03-23-2013, 01:57 PM
His head is deflated, and his eyes are soulless.

Formalhaut
03-23-2013, 07:41 PM
I hope they make the annoying sigil mini-games easier.. :roll2

Skyblade
03-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Coming to Europe?

I live in the US. Will I finally be able to play these games? I still haven't heard of an official US release. Maybe I just missed it, but it's frustrating.

DMKA
03-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Coming to Europe?

I live in the US. Will I finally be able to play these games? I still haven't heard of an official US release. Maybe I just missed it, but it's frustrating.

"Officially confirmed for North America, we’re happy to announce FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster set for 2013!" - Square Enix (http://na.square-enix.com/finalfantasyxivarealmreborn/go/article/view/blog/261865/announcing_final_fantasy_xx-2_hd_remaster)

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster North American Website (http://www.finalfantasyxhd.com/us/index.php)

Mirage
03-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Even if it wasn't, almost all PS3 games are not region locked anyway.

Rocket Edge
03-24-2013, 01:03 AM
This is awesome. I'm really excited. The graphics look better than I could have ever imagined. The last time I played this game was about 3 or more years ago and I've been putting it off ever since I heard the remake was coming so it'll make the release all the sweeter.

BTW, Is this available for purchase on PSN, or will it come in an actual game package, Or both?

DMKA
03-24-2013, 02:01 AM
This is awesome. I'm really excited. The graphics look better than I could have ever imagined. The last time I played this game was about 3 or more years ago and I've been putting it off ever since I heard the remake was coming so it'll make the release all the sweeter.

BTW, Is this available for purchase on PSN, or will it come in an actual game package, Or both?

Well, it's already for sale on Amazon, so it's definitely being released on disc for the PS3 version. Dunno if it'll be digital as well or how they're going to handle the Vita versions.

maybee
03-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Not buying. Unless they fix those terrible voices. Tidus for a big example.

Mirage
03-24-2013, 12:11 PM
What's wrong with his voice?

Jibril
03-24-2013, 12:49 PM
He's not masculine enough, obviously. I never heard him grunt about protein powder while he tore a chocobo apart with his bare hands. He never even clubbed Yuna over her head with the hilt of his sword and dragged her behind a nondescript bush and porked her. Who is this guy, Nathan Lane?

nirojan
03-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Trailer

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Debut Trailer - YouTube (http://youtu.be/85uwJr5M2n0)

DMKA
03-25-2013, 03:23 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18ias5uh1dz6tgif/original.gif

Jinx
03-25-2013, 03:33 AM
Okay, that's cool.

Also, I just keep staring at it.

chionos
03-25-2013, 07:13 AM
Okay, that's cool.

Also, I just keep staring at it.

Ya really, I feel like I'm being hypnotized.

Just look at Lulu's hair.

Significant upgrade.

maybee
03-25-2013, 12:00 PM
What's wrong with his voice?

It's waaay too whiny and obnoxious. You can have a cheerful well more "cheerful " than say Advent Children Cloud or Squall and have it sound genuine, like Bartz and Zidane. Tidus sounds like a choking seagull.

He's not masculine enough, obviously. I never heard him grunt about protein powder while he tore a chocobo apart with his bare hands. He never even clubbed Yuna over her head with the hilt of his sword and dragged her behind a nondescript bush and porked her. Who is this guy, Nathan Lane?

Lol. Reminds me of this.

http://i42.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/6xt7o5.jpg

Nebulance
03-25-2013, 12:43 PM

Very nice comparison. You can really see the softer facial features, Lulu's necklace looks more realistic, and the shadowing isn't so drastic.

Karifean
03-25-2013, 01:05 PM
That trailer probably has the worst possible transition between FFX and X-2 (I don't think the beginning of Real Emotion describes FFX-2 well at all). And it also only says "2013". Also, I wonder why they didn't show off the International additions if they wanted people to get excited over this. Oh well, I'm sure they have a very good reason for not doing so ...
I'd definitely like to have some kind of clue when this will actually be released other than 'this year', though.

Sephiroth
03-25-2013, 01:34 PM
That trailer probably has the worst possible transition between FFX and X-2 (I don't think the beginning of Real Emotion describes FFX-2 well at all). And it also only says "2013". Also, I wonder why they didn't show off the International additions if they wanted people to get excited over this. Oh well, I'm sure they have a very good reason for not doing so ...
I'd definitely like to have some kind of clue when this will actually be released other than 'this year', though.

That was a German trailer. The German Final Fantasy X is Final Fantasy X International so they would not see a difference.

Karifean
03-25-2013, 02:06 PM

That was a German trailer. The German Final Fantasy X is Final Fantasy X International so they would not see a difference.

I am aware of that (I am European myself). What I was more surprised about was why they didn't showcase any of FFX-2 International's content (which I have, but it still makes me wonder) - never released outside of Japan.

Goldenboko
03-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Expert Sphere Grid awaits.

Bubba
03-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Time to lose all my waking hours to Blitzball again.

Jinx
03-25-2013, 03:02 PM

Very nice comparison. You can really see the softer facial features, Lulu's necklace looks more realistic, and the shadowing isn't so drastic.

If you watch Wakka's crotch region, it looks like he's gyrating his hips.

Mirage
03-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Just a friendly reminder:

The difference between the original and HD thingie is bigger than it seems like in that gif, because the original image in that gif is actually taken from pcsx2 running at more than twice of the native PS2 res.

Expert Sphere Grid awaits.

Lower stat totals await!

Aulayna
03-26-2013, 01:14 AM
But I already emulate it in HD...

Except this is a full remastering not just an emulator upscaling it. There's a notable difference in quality.

chionos
03-26-2013, 01:25 AM
Time to lose all my waking hours to Blitzball again.

I'd pay good money for a full-on FIBA2K13 game.

If you watch Wakka's crotch region, it looks like he's gyrating his hips.

I could have gone without being sexually harassed by a Final Fantasy gif, thanks.

Sadly, you're totally right though.

black orb
03-30-2013, 06:25 AM
>>> Looking good..:luca:

Skyblade
04-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Even if it wasn't, almost all PS3 games are not region locked anyway.

What about the Vita? 'Cause that's the console I want to play them on.

Also, why does the European version announcement mention that it's the International version of the game, while the US version announcement does not?

Formalhaut
04-07-2013, 04:54 PM

Lulu without doubt has the biggest upgrade in that comparison. Besides the International additions to X and X-2, I do hope they do add something else to the game. The ability to make Sphere Break easier would be an obvious plus for me :p

But back to the comparison. I like how everything is brighter and more detailed. Lulu's necklace is much better. I can't wait to see the landscapes and the scenery. FFX and FFX-2 is well known for how lush the environments are (even if you are in a corridor of walking for much of the game)

Skyblade
04-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Has anyone seen anything official saying that the US version of FFXHD is going to include the International version extras?

Braska
04-11-2013, 06:04 AM
Has anyone seen anything official saying that the US version of FFXHD is going to include the International version extras?

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X/X-2_HD_Remaster)

This is the most "official" I'm going for. :P

Nebulance
04-11-2013, 01:01 PM

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X/X-2_HD_Remaster)

This is the most "official" I'm going for. :P

thanks for the link!

Skyblade
04-12-2013, 04:08 AM
I'm not so sure. There are no quotes or references for the statement.

The European announcement made a big deal "the International version is coming to Europe for the first time with its extra content". But the NA announcement didn't mention it at all, and we never got the International version either. Extra bosses, chapters, and gameplay adjustments are big enough to mention. I don't get why they'd mention it in one announcement, and not another, unless the extra content is only going to be in the EU version, not the NA one. :cry:

Braska
04-12-2013, 08:33 AM
I'm not so sure. There are no quotes or references for the statement.

The European announcement made a big deal "the International version is coming to Europe for the first time with its extra content". But the NA announcement didn't mention it at all, and we never got the International version either. Extra bosses, chapters, and gameplay adjustments are big enough to mention. I don't get why they'd mention it in one announcement, and not another, unless the extra content is only going to be in the EU version, not the NA one. :cry:

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster Announced for North America ? PlayStation Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/22/final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-announced-for-north-america/#comment-830793)

"I reached out to Square Enix, who confirmed that yes, this will be the International version of FFX and FFX-2."